FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Webcam Help

Webcam Help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_watcher2011 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I had a Logitech cam that worked great on here, when the computer died and I bought a new one with Windows 8.1, the camera wasn't compatible anymore.

I bought myself a new webcam, which works great on skype and another webchat site I use, but it just simply won't work here.

When I have the flash settings menu up, I click allow, usually, the broadcast is then shown behind the menu. This doesn't happen now. I go to the final tab on the right of the flash options menu (the cam icon), my webcam is not listed on the dropdown, if I click the dropdown, a box appears that would normally show an option to click (in this case, the cam), this box is blank. If I click it, I get a message from the browser, be it Chjrome or Firefox saying that Fabswingers wants to access my cam and the option of yes or no.

I click yes and the broadcast appears on the preview (where the icon of the webcam formerly was), but again, no broadcast appears on the site.

The chat room shows my cam icon next to my name in the room list, but if anyone clicks to view, they don't see anything.

Anybody any ideas as to how to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

im having trouble with this too. I get a cam symble with a red cross on it one the adress bar

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same problem with me last 2 nights.i wonder is it this site thats causing problems.how do i contact admin to ask them? Or bring it too their attention? Seems quite a few on here now with similar problem

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Same problem with me last 2 nights.i wonder is it this site thats causing problems.how do i contact admin to ask them? Or bring it too their attention? Seems quite a few on here now with similar problem"

Make sure you've tried all the suggestions in the FAQs, then contact Admin. Both FAQs and Contact links are in the blue strip at the very bottom of the page.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Try updating to the latest version of Flash from the Adobe site, once that has been installed, quit out of your browser and then reopen it. That should hopefully do the trick.

By *lirtnteazeMan  over a year ago

hull

My can has a lock on it how do I open it plz

By *iverscuMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

I like to use an external cam so i can position it better buy only the internal cam seems to work with Chrome, but it works fine in firefox. Has anyone else had this before or maybe someone knows how to get it on in Chrome?

By *he_watcher2011 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Solved!!

I didn't take notice of the fact that the new Web cam had a split lead attached to the usb.

When I plugged that in to the mic jack, voila and everyone can see me now.

» Add a new message to this topic