FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Bans

Bans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ome Social With Us OP   Couple (FF)  over a year ago

East Midlands

Why do some chat mods warn directors and others go straight for the ban.

Directors in non-directing rooms spoil chat, if they are directing they have broken a rule and should go straight to ban with no warning.

People don't get a warning in the forums, surely same approach needs to be applied in the chat rooms.

Just a thought for consideration admin, but if rule broken it should be straight ban, not oh you can warn if you like, or ban if you like. The message about sticking to rules for members should be consistant

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

quote "if rule broken it should be straight ban"

yep for a bit longer then an hour, some paying sites block for a week,

lesson learnt think so..? gives them time to read the chat rules ....connie x

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Who says forum users don't get a warning? Forum mods are great and often chat privately with forum posters, you can usually tell as they calm down

Only the mod will know who gets a ban and who gets a warning. They have a tough job but I imagine there is only so many times they fancy telling someone to calm down before they feel a Ban is needed.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I've had a ban with no warning and no proper explanation.

It's just how it is unfortunately.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Who says forum users don't get a warning? Forum mods are great and often chat privately with forum posters, you can usually tell as they calm down

."

We don't ( or mods are not supposed to ) Mods may give a reminder on the forum for people to check the rules or to keep it civil if there are a few people sailing close to the wind on a thread rather than ban a few people, but normally it is just a ban with no reminders/ warnings...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Chat bans need to be longer. Too many times have we seen directors in none directing rooms say pfft a ban it's only an hour lol. They don't care, better 24hrs at least

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Chat bans need to be longer. Too many times have we seen directors in none directing rooms say pfft a ban it's only an hour lol. They don't care, better 24hrs at least "

If you report persistant rule breakers they get a bigger ban longer than 24 hours

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Why would people be banned I never heard of such? x

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

"Why do some chat mods warn directors and others go straight for the ban.

Directors in non-directing rooms spoil chat, if they are directing they have broken a rule and should go straight to ban with no warning.

People don't get a warning in the forums, surely same approach needs to be applied in the chat rooms.

Just a thought for consideration admin, but if rule broken it should be straight ban, not oh you can warn if you like, or ban if you like. The message about sticking to rules for members should be consistant"

Be careful or you'll get a 48 hour ban for talking about this in public.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Be careful or you'll get a 48 hour ban for talking about this in public."

I think that's where people fall foul of the rules on here and then complain, they don't actually read the rules properly

By *ouple4u1Couple  over a year ago

epsom

i think i might have been banned, it says i am not currently ok to chat,if i have been banned how do i found out what it was for and when it will be lifted?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"i think i might have been banned, it says i am not currently ok to chat,if i have been banned how do i found out what it was for and when it will be lifted?"

If youre given a time-out you get a message from Admin saying how long its for and then it is lifted automatically when it expires. If it hasnt lifted automatically it sounds like you need to contact Admin directly using the CONTACT link at the bottom of the page