FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Block in chat room

Block in chat room

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyminx OP   Woman  over a year ago

norwich

If i "block" someone in the chat room, does that also add them to my general blocked list so that they cannot see my profile or are they just blocked in chat?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they cant see your profile or in chat

By *hy-totCouple  over a year ago

Skellow

"they cant see your profile or in chat "

By *hyminx OP   Woman  over a year ago

norwich

Thanks so if i block them when in chat it blocks them totally?

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Thanks so if i block them when in chat it blocks them totally? "
yep

just be aware, if you are on cam (or even simply just blocking them from chat) then you need to close the chat window, block them, then re-enter chat before the block becomes effective in chat.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

" just be aware, if you are on cam (or even simply just blocking them from chat) then you need to close the chat window, block them, then re-enter chat before the block becomes effective in chat."

I don't think that's quite right. If you block someone in chat, the block takes effect immediately, in so far as it relates to seeing the lines of chat. However, if you also want to block them from viewing your cam, then there is nothing you can do to ensure that the block takes place immediately. Closing and re-entering chat does NOT block them from seeing your cam, until/unless THEY click off. If they still have your cam docked, then they will still see your cam, when you re-enter chat.

I think this is something that should be changed, in a future upgrade to chat. We should be able to insist that a cam-block takes effect immediately.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

" just be aware, if you are on cam (or even simply just blocking them from chat) then you need to close the chat window, block them, then re-enter chat before the block becomes effective in chat.

I don't think that's quite right. If you block someone in chat, the block takes effect immediately, in so far as it relates to seeing the lines of chat. However, if you also want to block them from viewing your cam, then there is nothing you can do to ensure that the block takes place immediately. Closing and re-entering chat does NOT block them from seeing your cam, until/unless THEY click off. If they still have your cam docked, then they will still see your cam, when you re-enter chat.

I think this is something that should be changed, in a future upgrade to chat. We should be able to insist that a cam-block takes effect immediately."

You cant see what they type if block, but if they watching your cam you do need to leave the chat room and re-enter, seems to be a glitch where cam still transmits after blocking until you re-enter the room

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

" just be aware, if you are on cam (or even simply just blocking them from chat) then you need to close the chat window, block them, then re-enter chat before the block becomes effective in chat.

I think this is something that should be changed, in a future upgrade to chat. We should be able to insist that a cam-block takes effect immediately."

thanks for clearing that up.

when i block any viewers, i must have been lucky that when i left the room they clicked off my cam

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"You cant see what they type if block, but if they watching your cam you do need to leave the chat room and re-enter, seems to be a glitch where cam still transmits after blocking until you re-enter the room"

Sorry to disagree, but I tested this with another chatter. Blocking, leaving the room and re-entering doesn't stop them viewing your cam, IF they still have your cam docked. The only thing that can stop a newly-blocked chatter from viewing your cam is if THEY click off.

We've carried out a number of trials over the years...leaving the room and covering your cam over when blocking. Enter a different room and then return all the newly blocked person now sees is a black square. This was conducted in a controlled manner, with a few volunteers. No animals were hurt in the trial.

If you've reached your block limit...people do fall out though.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

I've blocked people in the chat room and also from their profile but every time I go back on chat I have to block the same people again, Is there any way of making the block permanent ?

"We've carried out a number of trials over the years...leaving the room and covering your cam over when blocking. Enter a different room and then return all the newly blocked person now sees is a black square. This was conducted in a controlled manner, with a few volunteers. No animals were hurt in the trial.

If you've reached your block limit...people do fall out though. "

There's a block limit?

There is no limit to how many profiles you can block.

However, only the most recent 500 blocked profiles are also blocked in the chatrooms.

"However, only the most recent 500 blocked profiles are also blocked in the chatrooms."

I saw you say this a few months ago and have tested it since. It isn't true.

Not sure what 500 it is but it isn't the last 500.

Admin advised this was the case when I queried why people I had blocked were still able to see my posts in Chat - must say it was a couple of years ago though.

"I saw you say this a few months ago and have tested it since. It isn't true.

Not sure what 500 it is but it isn't the last 500."

"Admin advised this was the case when I queried why people I had blocked were still able to see my posts in Chat - must say it was a couple of years ago though.

I saw you say this a few months ago and have tested it since. It isn't true.

Not sure what 500 it is but it isn't the last 500."

The fact you got a communication from admin rather dates that advice!

It would be so much better if it was the last 500 because we get pestered by the same people every time we visit the chatrooms. Really annoying.

» Add a new message to this topic