FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Create temp chat rooms.

Create temp chat rooms.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering if it's possable to have the option to create temporary chat rooms. I.e I host a new room and once I leave the room closes. It could also be made private and invite only or open to all. Just a thought.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is a great idea, you could do this on a previous chat site i was on, it worked really well.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

At the risk of seeming sexist, ability to create a room should only be available for couples and single women, I use the chat rooms a lot, and high proportion of chatters are men begging "please pm me", "please Skype/kik with me", "please watch my cam", "anyone from MyTown". If single men had the facility to create a room, they would seek to build a captive audience, by spamming all the existing rooms with invitations to join them in *their* room, thus disrupting the flow of conversation in those rooms. Meanwhile, 95% of single-mens' rooms would sit there empty, wasting server space and storage.

"Just wondering if it's possable to have the option to create temporary chat rooms. I.e I host a new room and once I leave the room closes. It could also be made private and invite only or open to all. Just a thought."

very good idea , another swingers site has this option in chatrooms and it works very well

"At the risk of seeming sexist, ability to create a room should only be available for couples and single women, I use the chat rooms a lot, and high proportion of chatters are men begging "please pm me", "please Skype/kik with me", "please watch my cam", "anyone from MyTown". If single men had the facility to create a room, they would seek to build a captive audience, by spamming all the existing rooms with invitations to join them in *their* room, thus disrupting the flow of conversation in those rooms. Meanwhile, 95% of single-mens' rooms would sit there empty, wasting server space and storage."

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

"At the risk of seeming sexist, ability to create a room should only be available for couples and single women, I use the chat rooms a lot, and high proportion of chatters are men begging "please pm me", "please Skype/kik with me", "please watch my cam", "anyone from MyTown". If single men had the facility to create a room, they would seek to build a captive audience, by spamming all the existing rooms with invitations to join them in *their* room, thus disrupting the flow of conversation in those rooms. Meanwhile, 95% of single-mens' rooms would sit there empty, wasting server space and storage."

Totally agree with this answer and I would add who would moderate the rooms especially when anyone gets abusive or rude to others in the "individual" rooms. Also it could turn fab into more of a cam site than a swingers site, something I personally would not want to see.

obv mods would be allowed in but chat rooms temporary just for the invited might put a stop to the bullying

It would probably put a stop to the forum as well...would end up too cleeky ..

"Just wondering if it's possable to have the option to create temporary chat rooms. I.e I host a new room and once I leave the room closes. It could also be made private and invite only or open to all. Just a thought."

Whilst in theory this sounds great, as it's a way to only need to show yourself off to someone you want to verify you, the site already isn't the best at handling webcams, and I have a sneaaky suspicion this would make the other chat rooms laggy too.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"At the risk of seeming sexist, ability to create a room should only be available for couples and single women, I use the chat rooms a lot, and high proportion of chatters are men begging "please pm me", "please Skype/kik with me", "please watch my cam", "anyone from MyTown". If single men had the facility to create a room, they would seek to build a captive audience, by spamming all the existing rooms with invitations to join them in *their* room, thus disrupting the flow of conversation in those rooms. Meanwhile, 95% of single-mens' rooms would sit there empty, wasting server space and storage.

Totally agree with this answer and I would add who would moderate the rooms especially when anyone gets abusive or rude to others in the "individual" rooms. Also it could turn fab into more of a cam site than a swingers site, something I personally would not want to see."

An interesting view with some validity on occasions, however is this any different than a lady or couple creating a room and then spamming other rooms for people to come and watch her / them perform ?

(before the haters get involved, i am not slating all ladies and couples, nor am i defending all single men i have been around long enough on fab to know there are idiots of all sexes).

By *umpingjacksparklesCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

"Just wondering if it's possable to have the option to create temporary chat rooms. I.e I host a new room and once I leave the room closes. It could also be made private and invite only or open to all. Just a thought.

Whilst in theory this sounds great, as it's a way to only need to show yourself off to someone you want to verify you, the site already isn't the best at handling webcams, and I have a sneaaky suspicion this would make the other chat rooms laggy too. "

I would guess its more a problem of moderating such rooms and spam in other rooms. You used to be able to do something like that on dalnet but it soon gets out of hand. Moderators would have to search for the subrooms and flick into each one to monitor them. It would get to be a thankless task when 10 to 15 subrooms sprout from the main room and as the mods are volunteers and doing this job while trying to enjoy chatting too, it would soon get out of hand.

» Add a new message to this topic