FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Directing rooms - Dark ages

Directing rooms - Dark ages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Brinksy xx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Halesowen

I really think it's about time fabs came out of the dark ages and renamed the directing rooms.

As a chat user and cammer of many years, it's just getting unbearable to the point where the block button just doesn't cut it as i've run out of space!

Anyone who knows anything or spends any time in chat knows that direction is rarely paid attention to, and all it does is breed a whole plethora of mainly guys who think that because it says it's a directing room that women/couples should do as they say, else they face abuse.. it's down right rude and very sexist! To the point where i just switch my cam off sometimes as it winds me up so much!

SO please fabs, how do we go about renaming these rooms into something that's a bit more inviting and not so ancient and commands a bit more respect from its users?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I really think it's about time fabs came out of the dark ages and renamed the directing rooms.

As a chat user and cammer of many years, it's just getting unbearable to the point where the block button just doesn't cut it as i've run out of space!

Anyone who knows anything or spends any time in chat knows that direction is rarely paid attention to, and all it does is breed a whole plethora of mainly guys who think that because it says it's a directing room that women/couples should do as they say, else they face abuse.. it's down right rude and very sexist! To the point where i just switch my cam off sometimes as it winds me up so much!

SO please fabs, how do we go about renaming these rooms into something that's a bit more inviting and not so ancient and commands a bit more respect from its users?

"

So glad someone shares the same view as me. I use the directing rooms regularly as they are busier and lots of people I know use them, but do not appreciate people thinking that because I am in there and on cam I should take direction. Sometimes they can be rude, disrespectful and some get nasty if they are told I don't take or give direction.

Calling them something else would be great, something that does not cause confusion as to why people are there, or give people a false impression of what is acceptable in chat. Having to explain that you can only direct those who want to be directed can get tedious and like Brinksy my block list is full of people who do not understand this.

yes I agree this, especially when you get endless messages on saying can you show your pussy or get your tits out!!!

most men haven't even got a cam but respect a woman to show all on a cam.

ps you men need to show respect and if you want a full on sex session on cam... there are other paid and unpaid sites for that!

perhaps members on fabs should have to sign up for membership in future, which would push out some of the idiots out there?

By *orsetSteveMan  over a year ago

Poole

This sounds like a brilliant idea. It seems as though there are toooooo many fake people on this site lately that view it as an easy way to get their kicks. As a guy that is fairly new to this site and scene I am still finding my feet but all of these fake people make it more difficult to get close to people, i.e messaging etc... as we seem to be tarred with the same brush.

Maybe there should be another general chat room where you have to have your cam showing to not only gain entry but stay in the room and have it managed in the same way as the general chat, any direction = barred.

I know there is already a general room but I personally can not abide the politics in that room. At least there could be an alternative, after all, there are 5 directing rooms, whats one more room !!!

By *attbattlerMan  over a year ago

Dartford

The feedback I get from many women on here is that aggressive directing is a major bugbear. It makes them turn their cam off, leave rooms, perhaps leave the site altogether . . .

People often go into the Directing rooms simply because they're not keen on the regional rooms which can be stale, cliquey or simply lack numbers. They're in there because there are loads of people to chat to, not because they want to be directed.

Perhaps the rooms need to be labelled up differently so there isn't such a big accent on directing, or perhaps a new UK-wide room where people are free to cam and chat but won't be hassled.

I totally agree with the above . People ,mainly guys think because it's a directing room that they can be as rude and insulting as they like . I know of lots of single girls on here that have left because of the pressure put on them in these said rooms . It doesn't make it fun for anyone to be in here ,the only thing surely is to change so these guys can't put the emphasis on the DIRECTING and make it the best it can be .....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There are 15 other rooms that are no directing

What's in a name ? Everything it seems. It does appear at times that certain people feel the best way to gain attention in the 'directing room' is to be as obnoxious and demanding as possible in their 'direction' and then to have a temper tantrum when their needs are not met like a two year old in need of nap time.

It does seem that people in the directing rooms feel the need to direct and are not always nice about it. It's like they are instructed to do so, especially if they are new to chat. However like most things on fab. I'm sure there is a place for it.

Could I suggest more rooms ? Maybe less directing rooms and some other national rooms. I would love to see a 'cam on' room where it was no cam no entry. Or indeed as already suggested a national room where you don't get barred for accidently (on purpose) suggesting someone would look good without their t shirt on. Lol.

Why can't you ignore these people?

What's wrong with blocking.that's a great reason to have the block button.

Just because someone directs you,you are not obliged to do as they say.

Changing the room name will not change the attitude of some unsavoury characters.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Personally I find the directing rooms fun. I go in to have fun and do what I want to do, when I want to do it.

My grievance with the directing rooms are that so many go in just to chat. There are plenty of chat room to chat in. Why use the directing rooms, it slightly spoils the fun for those who go in to play.

The main thing that does annoy me though, is the shallowness of some of the guys. If you have no cam on, even if they have viewed you lots of times, you are suddenly invisible. I occasionally go in without my cam on to view those who have viewed me, and find people chatting away, doing nothing on cam, yet I am blanked. This I find rude and disrespectful.

Will I continue using the directing rooms....... yes. But please if people only want to chat, consider using the chat rooms instead. Thank you Suzi xxxxx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Or indeed as already suggested a national room where you don't get barred for accidently (on purpose) suggesting someone would look good without their t shirt on. Lol. "

That would be a directing room

Halesowen

There are very few who take direction even if they are playing on cam, and the point about using the other rooms is that as Janet rightly pointed out, you are more succeptible to being banned for having a conversation with a friend and do what a chat moderator could deem as suggesting, hinting or directing, I like the freedom of being able to chat freely in the 'directing' rooms and play freely should I want to, and not have to be subjected to rudeness, if I don't do what someone wants.

As for the point about the block button.. you can only block so many people as there is a limit, and ignorance is not an excuse to not what something to change, I block where I can and I am raising a valid issue/feedback regarding the naming of these rooms

By *agmanandBagladyCouple  over a year ago

Cockermouth

If my understanding is right then, what we're looking for is a room that does not have the 'title' which incorporates the word 'Directing' in it, but is more relaxed than just a chat room? Is more open to players - but not exclusively for playing either.

It would be more acceptable for people to 'play, display or show' if that's what they want to do (as opposed to a 'chat' room (where displaying is frowned upon by the regular chatters as it leads to directing...........) - but still allow civilised interaction between viewers......Is that right?

We do have 6 'Directing' rooms - and not all get full (or at least in my time here they've never been) - do we need another room? Or just one of those rooms renamed as an experiment for now?

"Cam/Chat".........where you have to have your cam on in order to stay in the room? (I know that name is very simple - but it's a starter for ten)

But - what's to stop someone putting a cam on and leaving it pointed at a vase of flowers while they hide behind that and continue with unwanted comments?

By *uncity1Man  over a year ago

dundee

it would appear to me that the site in general needs an overhaul .. moderators need to be paid so as to stop their favouritism . rooms need revamped ..membership needs reviewing as to access..ie every one should be photo verified at least . keyboard warriors and those that think they are above and beyond mere mortals on here should be banned !! lol it should be made clear to members that this is in effect a sex site !!! get rid of rule 12 and have proper laid down rules !!!!!!!

"it would appear to me that the site in general needs an overhaul .. moderators need to be paid so as to stop their favouritism . rooms need revamped ..membership needs reviewing as to access..ie every one should be photo verified at least . keyboard warriors and those that think they are above and beyond mere mortals on here should be banned !! lol it should be made clear to members that this is in effect a sex site !!! get rid of rule 12 and have proper laid down rules !!!!!!!"

Ffs wat next lol

well said Brinksy xx

By *assy babeWoman  over a year ago

miles from nowhere.....

I'm always on cam in the chat rooms, its best way I find out who is who for me, that's best way I think. Yes I enjoy being watched & enjoy the banter but as others have said these are the rooms that have more freedom. Not however when some users think that you are on cam to be a "Performing Monkey" so to speak,,, like being in a cattle market sometimes. One thing i do think is that they could consider on Cam only to view or users realise they were born with manners & have a little respect. Hounding is the same as spamming But as with most things it won't stop it from happening.

By *eendeeCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

This is why we have stopped using cam rooms as mrs dee used to get pissed off with the hassle of being directed in all or most of the rooms so we understand what the OP is saying x

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Dont go in there ...

I enjoy the directing rooms as a whole. Its the obvious lack of respect or basic understanding that a lot of single males that go in here thats a major problem.

They expect any female on cam to be there for their entertainment and be a performing "seal". The majority never go on cam themselves and get rude and abusive if you ask them to cam up first. Im pretty sure they would go mad at another man speaking to their partners,sisters or mothers in the way they do sometimes. We've used many sites over the years including ones with user set up rooms that were not swinging sites.

The directing rooms are used by many who like to cam and chat (their choice and should be respected) as they find regional or the general room can have little cliques in them. Maybe fab could review the rooms and have just 2 directing rooms for those who wish to be directed to use but more general rooms under other names where the banter can be a little more free with hinting not getting an instant ban but rude or abusive behaviour still would. Cam/chat rooms are a good basic idea but you'd have people facing cams at walls or inanimate objects all the time and not necessarily chatting either. Then there's the issue of moderating these rooms - fab would struggle to be able to do this 24/7 as mods work, sleep or do other things so there might not always be someone available to oversee they are using them properly.

Im sure there are many on here who enjoy the directing rooms to go on cam and chat as they are often more relaxed and freeflowing than normal rooms.

Maybe fab could run a feedback pole on the subject to see what its users want or feel might improve the problem.

Just wanted to put a few more ideas on here for everyone to think about - after all we're all adults who should be respectful to others and be grown up enough to behave appropriately within th3 scene.

I totally agree with all that's been said and because I use the directing rooms too chat this is only because most of my good friends now chat here it seems some guys in chat seem too think we need too perform like monkeys or seals for them as we are where we are because it is expected and we should follow the direction when we refuse or decline guys become very rude and abusive which can be very uncomfortable

By *edHeelsCplCouple  over a year ago

Kenilworth

With any room you get idiots, usually male, single and married who think that swing sites are full of "tarts and easy women"; somethings don't change.

Those men will comment and put comments into the rooms anywhere they feel safe to do so. Which is why I think Directing rooms should have their max user count reduced and entry should require that all users webcams are switched on. No cam, no entry. I feel this would reduce the ability to "hide" behind an account so men that would abuse must be visible.

Fab has grown up. It now has a significant number of users and the casual £5 account for pretty much free perm. unfettered access has surely had its day! The cost invites a certain type of user; one that we can all do without! this married with the ability to go anywhere and do anything without photo verification, is surely a accident waiting to happen.

Some ladies are exhibitionists and voyages, They like to see and be seen, they pay their subscriptions the same as everyone else. They should be allowed to login and not expect to be abused. The whole concept of the directing rooms need to be overhauled.

By *arolxxpaulCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

i dont go in directing rooms for that reason. i dont want to be directed, so i stay in gen chat. iv been on here over 15 years and always enjoyed the chat room banter and the good friends we have made over the years just threw chat.

BUT these days i stay in chat no longer than 20 mins as im sick and tired of all the directing in there, that does not help with the ladies who use gen chat for the attention..... if you want that sort of attention then be respectful to other gen chatters n go to directing rooms so we can go back to chatting getting to know people.

Totally agree with carol as those seeking attention in general rooms often court those idiots to direct for attention which leads them to treat all women the same. This leads to problems.

We use all rooms and enjoy on the whole having a laugh and getting to know people. Rarely do i go in a room when on my pc and not cam up straight away. Maybe fab could look at stopping people unverified people (and those just photo verified as anyone can do a photo verification no offence meant to newbies) on mobiles going in as a lot cant cam up on them and this would be another way of controlling the unwanted behaviour and attention that some display in there. As mentioned above I stand corrected on a major point.... its males of a certain type who behave with disrespect and are abusive...some single and rather disturbingly a fair few married ones (who I'm 95% sure would kick off if their partners were spoken to in such shockingly vile and vulgar manner at times).

I'm sure we all want the best for everyone on here so if we all have a think about the way we address the issue with fabs assistance there can be an improvement and happy medium found that suits the majority of site users.

By *Wkd.Woman  over a year ago

Wimbledon

I think some people lost their way from the actual main post in their responses.

The post is about renaming the "Directing Room's" to something more appealing and more friendly, fun.

Yes is it a directing room but only if people choose to do what is asked on cam, a simple Tweak with the room name and maybe some simple rules on the screen every few minutes like in the region rooms warning people that is members choice to play on cam and follow what is being asked of them would help this.

Fab does need more Mod's and one covering the "Directing Room's" is much needed.

I do flicker in and out of there a lot but seeing people being demanded and abused at from 30 members all “Directing” them at once is tedious as well as the same repetitive lines from people over and over for one member on cam who hasn’t seen their comment yet as they are too busy “performing” something someone else asked them to do is just silly. Sadly the rooms arnt very friendly and more like a “Demanding Room” than a directing.

I totally agree that the name needs changing and maybe some regular rules on screen.

The "polite requests" room?

Also used to use the room but found it a nightmare at times.

By *quirtandsplatCouple  over a year ago

yorkshire

A polite room

Hang on what about having Yorkshire as a room and area as we not north east or north west we are Yorkshire

"With any room you get idiots, usually male, single and married who think that swing sites are full of "tarts and easy women"; somethings don't change.

Those men will comment and put comments into the rooms anywhere they feel safe to do so. Which is why I think Directing rooms should have their max user count reduced and entry should require that all users webcams are switched on. No cam, no entry. I feel this would reduce the ability to "hide" behind an account so men that would abuse must be visible.

Fab has grown up. It now has a significant number of users and the casual £5 account for pretty much free perm. unfettered access has surely had its day! The cost invites a certain type of user; one that we can all do without! this married with the ability to go anywhere and do anything without photo verification, is surely a accident waiting to happen.

Some ladies are exhibitionists and voyages, They like to see and be seen, they pay their subscriptions the same as everyone else. They should be allowed to login and not expect to be abused. The whole concept of the directing rooms need to be overhauled.

"

i have to with your comments. I have quite a few verifications on cam. But also for being nice to people.

By *RCADIAN HAZECouple  over a year ago

Rotherham/ Barnsley

"I really think it's about time fabs came out of the dark ages and renamed the directing rooms.

So glad someone shares the same view as me. I use the directing rooms regularly as they are busier and lots of people I know use them, but do not appreciate people thinking that because I am in there and on cam I should take direction. Sometimes they can be rude, disrespectful and some get nasty if they are told I don't take or give direction.

Calling them something else would be great, something that does not cause confusion as to why people are there, or give people a false impression of what is acceptable in chat. Having to explain that you can only direct those who want to be directed can get tedious and like Brinksy my block list is full of people who do not understand this."

If ppl used to get funny with me and use the but your in the directing room argument would just say I know and just like you I'm here to direct just waiting for a 6ft6 brad Pitt look a like with a huge cock to appear and I will be straight on it

hi fellow fabs. need some advice plz. im new to this and just cant seem to get ppl to meet up / chat am i doingbsomething wrong or.ppl just really not intrested :/ all comments welcome?

By *attbattlerMan  over a year ago

Dartford

Readyteddy this is a forum discussion about Chatroom etiquette and behaviour, your comments are completely inappropriate for this thread. Only post if you are genuine about how to make this website a better place thanks.

By *Ollyinone.Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Just read through this thread. I agree as when I use it I barely pay attention to the chat as it's full of 'show some pussy' messages. I've never actually really seen anybody take direction. Maybe keep one open for the ones who'd like it and rename the others. Or open up more general chat rooms. The full rooms tend to follow the ladies. Just my two pence...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Readyteddy this is a forum discussion about Chatroom etiquette and behaviour, your comments are completely inappropriate for this thread. Only post if you are genuine about how to make this website a better place thanks."

He is new and probably doesn't know where his post can go, give him some slack

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"hi fellow fabs. need some advice plz. im new to this and just cant seem to get ppl to meet up / chat am i doingbsomething wrong or.ppl just really not intrested :/ all comments welcome? "

Welcome to the forum,if you start a thread in the introduction forum asking for advice it will no doubt be answered there

Don't use the directing rooms no more as there is to many abusive cam wankers in there now days

By *orsley ChapCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I have to agree with Brinksy, by naming the rooms 'directing rooms' you're giving them a label that actively promotes the rude, agressive behaviour that anyone who uses chat regularly is all too familiar with. I completely fail to see why it could be thought of as a bad idea to do a little rewording of the room names to perhaps make at least a few of the less socially adept users think twice before demanding to give an instant gyno exam to a complete stranger with their opening line in the room...

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

How about re-naming the directing rooms as "Suggesting Rooms"?

This clearly indicates that cammers view comments as only 'suggestions', to be ignored if the cammers don't want to do what is suggested.

It would also reduce the number of people claiming (in the other rooms) "I wasn't directing, I was only suggesting". Well, it might do

And it would make things clearer for people to understand that 'no directing' means no hinting or suggesting either.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Agree totally with renaming the directing rooms and getting tougher on the abusers for that matter. Some of the language and behaviour in them is quite appalling.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Jesus...just don't be directed

Or have an option in your account preferences where you can opt in or out of whether you're open to direction in chat rooms and it puts a little character next to your username in the chatroom (similar to mods *) so at least then people know who is more willing to respond to it. May I suggest {¥} before the username as in yes it's ok to direct me that way they know who to get miffed at when you tell them to F.O

Simple thing is go in a different room if you dont want directing. We havent used chat in a long time but simply ignore those you are not interested in.

"There are 15 other rooms that are no directing "

That's what I was thinking.

It's a directing room,called a directing room.there are many other rooms were caming is acceptable but directing isn't.

Personally, we go into the directing rooms and do what we do and ignore direction and just let viewers watch n we pick and choose who we interact with. We basically ignore the "wankers" to use a term not associated with cock in hand. Dont let it bother you. Maybe the rooms should be called open rooms, voyer rooms, vitual play rooms...but wats in a name?

"Or have an option in your account preferences where you can opt in or out of whether you're open to direction in chat rooms and it puts a little character next to your username in the chatroom (similar to mods *) so at least then people know who is more willing to respond to it. May I suggest {¥} before the username as in yes it's ok to direct me that way they know who to get miffed at when you tell them to F.O "

Sorry, but I disagree with this suggestion - UNLESS those who had the 'direct me' symbol were restricted to ONLY using the directing rooms.

I don't want people who are willing to be directed using the other rooms, as this would encourage directing in the other rooms, and the whole point about the other rooms is that no directing is permitted. I guarantee you, it would be approximately 1 minute before a new excuse got trotted out in the rooms "Oh, I thought you had the Direct Me symbol against your name".

People who are ALWAYS willing to be directed should ONLY use the Directing Rooms. People who get offended at being directed should stay out of the Directing Rooms (or not put their cam on, if they're just there to watch). But in reality, many people will flit between being willing to be directed some days, and being unwilling on other days. So it's right that all members should be able to use all rooms. A Direct Me Flag in a no-directing room would be a backwards step, as well as being an unnecessary use of Fab technical team resources.

The people who are doing the directing - 90% of them men, I'll bet - should just use the right room. And I'm sure Fab will appoint more mods, when they are able to/need to.

"... it would be approximately 1 minute before a new excuse got trotted out in the rooms "Oh, I thought you had the Direct Me symbol against your name"...

"

Plus, it would make more work for the mods, as before banning someone they would have to check that the cammer didn't have the Direct Me flag against their name.

And what about the people who don't give the name of the person they're trying to direct? So many times, I see "get your tits out", quickly followed by a ban. How could mods do this, if there was a chance that the director was actually talking to (an un-named) someone who had the Direct Me flag? Basically, if only ONE person in the room had a Direct Me flag, it would be a directors field day - all they would have to do would be not name the person they were trying to direct.

Sorry - poorly thought-out idea, UNLESS as I said, you intend to restrict chatters with the Direct Me flag to ONLY camming in the Directing Rooms.

By *dge of HeavenMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Totally agree even I get bored with it. No respect shown to females or couples. I even get abuse from gay men!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

"

Readyteddy this is a forum discussion about Chatroom etiquette and behaviour, your comments are completely inappropriate for this thread. Only post if you are genuine about how to make this website a better place thanks."

Thats not very friendly.

Couldnt agree more . They see the name directing and act like a bunch of animals . My block button also is busy ..

I agree there should be a cam only room as u get so many idiots shouting get ya tits out yet they have no pics or cam

We was talking to a few regs the other day about this site becoming more commercial i think its losing its swinging status as now any tom dick and harry is joining

By *ambridgeguy69Man  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

As a single guy i totally feel for fems and couples in the Directing rooms. Some of the things I see typed are a disgrace. It really is time the name was changed to something more appropriate. There should still be a directing room for those that wish to be directed but to have 5 rooms devoted to that is wrong. The regional rooms are good for those that wish to chat to local people without being constantly asked to show. So come on Admin...let's address this situation soon!

By *inglesCouple  over a year ago

preston

[Removed by poster at 19/06/17 15:51:48]

I agree with Matt the regional rooms are so clicky that its hard for a single male of my age to even get a good evening.

Wee change would be nice.

Surely we are all adult enough to ignore the directing. Some of the users on here don't understand that some women show and some don't. They don't bother to read your profiles to find out. So just ignore the abuse it's not like it can hurt your feelings it's generally from a fat lonely key board warrior.

Halesowen

I and most others do generally ignore it, however when it is incessant it becomes impossible and kills the mood. It's a simple fix and would just discourage guys/women automatically thinking that it is a given right that people on cam are there to be directed. I

By *rDigital_CurvygirlCouple  over a year ago

Stroud Area

The solution is very simple, have a room with reverse cam permissions.

The room would have to opt in to the cam rather than opt out.

The cammer would receive a "request to view cam" which they can accept or decline. A previous website which is now defunct used to have this option.

The cam option could be set to allow all, allow friends, opt in or opt out.

The same settings as on PMs just with an additional option. PMs could also be extended in the same way

Matt

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just read through this thread. I agree as when I use it I barely pay attention to the chat as it's full of 'show some pussy' messages. I've never actually really seen anybody take direction. Maybe keep one open for the ones who'd like it and rename the others. Or open up more general chat rooms. The full rooms tend to follow the ladies. Just my two pence..."

Ok so why don't women/couples turn things around and start helping themselves by turning things around by directing those that are pushy, abusive, etc??? Play them at their own game, they'd soon stop if the tables were turned, I'm sure!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just read through this thread. I agree as when I use it I barely pay attention to the chat as it's full of 'show some pussy' messages. I've never actually really seen anybody take direction. Maybe keep one open for the ones who'd like it and rename the others. Or open up more general chat rooms. The full rooms tend to follow the ladies. Just my two pence...

Ok so why don't women/couples turn things around and start helping themselves by turning things around by directing those that are pushy, abusive, etc??? Play them at their own game, they'd soon stop if the tables were turned, I'm sure! "

And as other people have said on this thread, cam to cam only so no one's hidden would be an excellent idea, no cam no entry

"Just read through this thread. I agree as when I use it I barely pay attention to the chat as it's full of 'show some pussy' messages. I've never actually really seen anybody take direction. Maybe keep one open for the ones who'd like it and rename the others. Or open up more general chat rooms. The full rooms tend to follow the ladies. Just my two pence...

Ok so why don't women/couples turn things around and start helping themselves by turning things around by directing those that are pushy, abusive, etc??? Play them at their own game, they'd soon stop if the tables were turned, I'm sure!

And as other people have said on this thread, cam to cam only so no one's hidden would be an excellent idea, no cam no entry"

I dont really agree with no cam no entry to chat rooms. I only cam when I am looking my best and sometimes I just like a lazy day but still like to chat. You would also end up with just a room full of people on cam who are hidden entirely by shadow or in a room so dark you can only see a flash of dick every now and again

I don't have a problem with ignoring all of the optimistic direction, I guess I'm used to it. But it does make the chat difficult to follow, sometimes the text moves so fast it makes my eyes go funny. Instead of blocking people, it would be nice if there was some kind of mute option so that I can turn off chat from certain users. I'd just like to reduce the amount of text so I can actually follow a conversation!!

Maybe a little icon by their name, if they are willing to be directed? Or even a room for those who get their pleasure out of being submissive, and being told what to do x

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Maybe a little icon by their name, if they are willing to be directed? Or even a room for those who get their pleasure out of being submissive, and being told what to do x"

Or maybe close the chatrooms, that would give admin more time to out people on here who are not into meeting ?

"i dont go in directing rooms for that reason. i dont want to be directed, so i stay in gen chat. iv been on here over 15 years and always enjoyed the chat room banter and the good friends we have made over the years just threw chat.

BUT these days i stay in chat no longer than 20 mins as im sick and tired of all the directing in there, that does not help with the ladies who use gen chat for the attention..... if you want that sort of attention then be respectful to other gen chatters n go to directing rooms so we can go back to chatting getting to know people."

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"i dont go in directing rooms for that reason. i dont want to be directed, so i stay in gen chat. iv been on here over 15 years and always enjoyed the chat room banter and the good friends we have made over the years just threw chat.

BUT these days i stay in chat no longer than 20 mins as im sick and tired of all the directing in there, that does not help with the ladies who use gen chat for the attention..... if you want that sort of attention then be respectful to other gen chatters n go to directing rooms so we can go back to chatting getting to know people. "

so lets close the rooms.. all in favour ?

By *ack2071Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

I think a d*unk tank room is needed too.

As for renaming them I think it is a good idea and maybe a option linked to what you are looking for in profile or search may help giving access to said rooms .

But for now agree with brinsky maybe wee need to have a few suggestions or a new thread asking for suggestions.

As someone has already said .. there are 15 non directing areas in the chat room

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that by altering some of the room rules etc it will stop a lot of guys renewing their membership . Similarly starting to 'vet' people will have the same effect .

My take is the 'directing ' rooms sensibly should be visited by those men and women who are exhibitionist in nature and not adverse to the odd comment or even command . They arent there just to have a pleasant chat over a cuppa ? or if they are then they are incorrectly labelled ?

IMO if you go in them sort of rooms single or cple of either sex you are agreeing to being watched and I guess sometimes used for 'entertainment 'purposes , and if you dont agreee to it .. Go to another room .. pretty simple really ?

Its FAB not a dating site after all !

just my opinion obviously

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"yes I agree this, especially when you get endless messages on saying can you show your pussy or get your tits out!!!

most men haven't even got a cam but respect a woman to show all on a cam.

ps you men need to show respect and if you want a full on sex session on cam... there are other paid and unpaid sites for that!

perhaps members on fabs should have to sign up for membership in future, which would push out some of the idiots out there? "

So you are talking about a platinum membership, there was a debate that and what it would look like in another thread on here.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I agree. I go in chat. I go in directing rooms. In over 10 years I have never once tried to direct anybody.

I don't want to sound a white night but it annoys the hell out of me the way some men think if a woman or couple is on cam it is compulsory for them to be directed.

I was in chat one afternoon this week and some idiot was getting angry because a single woman wouldn’t show herself naked or take direction. Why should she get naked? She certainly shouldn’t have to get naked because some stranger wants her to. The idiot was basically saying you shouldn’t be allowed to go on cam in a directing room if you are clothed or if you will not take direction.

Chat also makes me laugh sometimes. There may be a couple on their bed shagging. Not looking at their computer screen. Idiots are typing things like “fucker her harder”, “shag her up the arse”, etc

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just been in there myself can't say I'd bother going back in there to be honest, most cams are just blokes wanking

I understand what you are getting at, I find it really strange that behind a keyboard all manners go out the window. If I like a

Cam I like to compliment the person or couple but I wouldn't dream of telling them to do something.

By *ea_CoffeeCouple  over a year ago

Near Kettering

Whilst I agree that some users on here could do with learning some manners and the ability to be a little more polite I have to ask why you would go in the directing room if you don't want to receive some directing?

As others have said there are plenty of non directing rooms available where it is against the rules to direct anyway so why not just use 1 of them?

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"Dont go in there ..."

As much as the op has a point, i will join you to play the devil's advocate.

Others have been "told" to vote with their feet when they find something not quite right so there you go.

Private rooms are good maybe an idea?

"I enjoy the directing rooms as a whole. Its the obvious lack of respect or basic understanding that a lot of single males that go in here thats a major problem.

They expect any female on cam to be there for their entertainment and be a performing "seal". The majority never go on cam themselves and get rude and abusive if you ask them to cam up first. Im pretty sure they would go mad at another man speaking to their partners,sisters or mothers in the way they do sometimes. We've used many sites over the years including ones with user set up rooms that were not swinging sites.

The directing rooms are used by many who like to cam and chat (their choice and should be respected) as they find regional or the general room can have little cliques in them. Maybe fab could review the rooms and have just 2 directing rooms for those who wish to be directed to use but more general rooms under other names where the banter can be a little more free with hinting not getting an instant ban but rude or abusive behaviour still would. Cam/chat rooms are a good basic idea but you'd have people facing cams at walls or inanimate objects all the time and not necessarily chatting either. Then there's the issue of moderating these rooms - fab would struggle to be able to do this 24/7 as mods work, sleep or do other things so there might not always be someone available to oversee they are using them properly.

Im sure there are many on here who enjoy the directing rooms to go on cam and chat as they are often more relaxed and freeflowing than normal rooms.

Maybe fab could run a feedback pole on the subject to see what its users want or feel might improve the problem.

Just wanted to put a few more ideas on here for everyone to think about - after all we're all adults who should be respectful to others and be grown up enough to behave appropriately within th3 scene."

Couples can be rude and abusive as can single females its not fair to blame single guys.

By *ust Ms LovinWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

i also think we should change the bastard name of the room

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

No idea what that is the case of a journey to London for it at the next one of the brave with no thought for their own safety of a journey to London for it at the next opportunity x

agree whole heartedly there should be rooms and then a cpl of NO directing rooms

maybe then there might be some respect given plus those who are against anyform of direct ir hint can use

half the time in none directing rooms its hard to talk having to check every word used

esp with some of the over keen mods on here

to confirm the other rooms should allow directing but not called such

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Whilst I agree that some users on here could do with learning some manners and the ability to be a little more polite I have to ask why you would go in the directing room if you don't want to receive some directing?

As others have said there are plenty of non directing rooms available where it is against the rules to direct anyway so why not just use 1 of them?

"

The directing rooms have the most number of poeple in. Why go in a non directing rooms with 12 people when the directing rooms have over 150 in?

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

Single guys are rude

They know not how to be prude

Where there is a hole

They see it as a goal

They bring nought to the table

Just because they feel able

Are they all wankers

Or just lacking in manners

They do no right

And have not a single right

B4 we be couple, yes single first

Aye aye aye if we be down t' earth

"

The directing rooms have the most number of poeple in. Why go in a non directing rooms with 12 people when the directing rooms have over 150 in? "

Some of us use the chat rooms just to CHAT, and we do not want to be directed. I've stuck my head in the directing rooms, and there is literally NO conversation in there, except "get yer tits out" and "show us yer arse" etc.

However, I am happy with the suggestion for just 2 rooms - No Directing North and No Directing South - to gauge the popularity of chatting instead of being directed. Other No Directing rooms can be added as required.

And I'm fairly sure that more no-directing rooms would be required. Years ago there were just 2 rooms - General Chat and Directing - directing rooms have increased from 1 to 5, and no directing rooms have increased from 1 to 15 or so. This demonstrates that there is more demand for chatting than directing, in my opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic