FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Sound delay on chat

Sound delay on chat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yson38G OP   Woman  over a year ago

Tyne and Wear

I have been in new general chat room 1 and noticed a severe delay in when i said something on cam to the person i was watching and chatting to. earlier this evening i counted 15 seconds to when i had finished a sentence to when i heard it being said at the other end - now i just counted 37 seconds - is there a problem with the server as it makes life very confusing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I have been in new general chat room 1 and noticed a severe delay in when i said something on cam to the person i was watching and chatting to. earlier this evening i counted 15 seconds to when i had finished a sentence to when i heard it being said at the other end - now i just counted 37 seconds - is there a problem with the server as it makes life very confusing. "

Anyone else see (hear) this?

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

there have been a few issues in general tonight , one chatter had trouble getting there cam on.

after some help it worked but the cam symbol dissapeared from their name even though they could been seen and heard by thoses that has swiched her cam on the brief seconds the symbol was there (just me and sunny to the confusion of the room lol )

it was also recording she had only been in the room 3 mins even thou we had been trying to help her sort cams out for half an hour.

the chatter has not long joined and had only been photo verifed tonight not sure if that had anything to do with it

Just to add, Swock and I were trying to get this user's cam to work, for a coupla hours! It was coming and going

The fact that she is a 28 year old blonde had nothing to do with it LOL - we would have helped anyone with the same problems!

PM me if you need more details, Admin xx

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

the time delay seems to be getting worse now

last night it was as bad as 40sec to hear what was said

in the end i gave up and relied on typing

as me and my partner like to chat while separate to the typed chat it makes it really difficult at times

I tested this with the two chatters concerned, last night. When the gentleman spoke, his sound could be heard almost instataneously on the lady's audio. However, when the lady spoke, there was a delay of 12 - 16 seconds before her voice could be heard over the gentleman's audio.

If Admin (or anyone) has any advice on how to prevent it, I'm sure the two regular chatters would be very grateful.

» Add a new message to this topic