FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > View only cam block

View only cam block

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandhers17 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stafford

Hi all,

Wanted to gauge the opinion of other uses on the following issue:

Blocking of view only users when entering a full chat room? (Effectively blocking site supporters from viewing cams in busy rooms)

We completely understand why this is done for those users that are not site supporters, but as longstanding and paying members of fab we don't understand why we are punished when we enter a full room...?

We appreciate that when the room is full the chat can get over busy, so limiting the number of people chatting is sensible.

But why can we not view the cams of the people who are on (as quite often they are the popular ones)

Anyone share this view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allfithung7Man  over a year ago

kingscross

not happy about this always pay my due on time and now we are blocked why

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

It's the persons personal choice to select that option in privacy settings. Not everyone will have selected it I wish there were more options and controls as to who can watch you

Just because you pay the site a membership fee shouldn't override a personal choice.

By *isandhers17 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stafford

I think you are missing the point of what I'm saying...

The "block" is applied when you are viewing a cam in a room that's full (i.e. Over 179 people in the room) at which point only the Site supporters can enter the room anyway. Non site supporters can't enter the full room anyway.

So basically what we have is - the site supporters are the ones being penalised and not able to view certain people's profiles when they enter a full room....

Seems backwards

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"So basically what we have is - the site supporters are the ones being penalised and not able to view certain people's profiles when they enter a full room...."
I think that you're reading that backwards! What we actually have is that Site Supporters are BENEFITING from the ability to enter chat rooms once they are full.

Since those "extra" Site Supporters don't show up as being in the room, or as watching cams, the site provides the facility for users to retain their privacy by blocking these "unidentified extras" from viewing their cams.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Like Voluptuous, I wish there were more options and controls as to who can watch you. My personal bug-bear is that if you block someone who already has your cam docked, it doesn't stop them from viewing your cam, until THEY click off your cam.

It used to be that all they saw was a frozen image of what was on your cam when you blocked them - not any more. Now they see the moving image.

It used to be that closing and re-entering chat made the block take effect - not any more. You can close chat, close Fab, and turn off your laptop. But if you turn it back on and come back into chat, the person you have blocked can still see you, if they still have your cam docked.

The only way to get someone off your cam is to turn off your cam, and wait until they get bored. But that means that the rest of the room can't view you, either.

I'd like to see a list, at the side of the chatroom, of people who are viewing your cam. With an option to block them from viewing, which takes immediate effect (this would also enable us to catch the people who dock our cams - probably to wank to - and leave the room, without any intention of chatting to us). However, I appreciate that this would require a lot of Fab resources, for only a small proportion of Fabsters who use chat.

Meanwhile, I will continue to show ONLY what I am comfortable in letting the whole world see. And if that bores people, so be it.

» Add a new message to this topic