FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chrome and Camera Broadcast

Chrome and Camera Broadcast

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *octorsorders2 OP   Man  over a year ago

brighton

Despite all the many "fixes" published here and elsewhere the best solution is to ditch Chrome and use Firefox. The code that is in the CHAT pages still works there but has a broken link when run in Chrome. It is not Chrome to blame - same same camera will work in other applications and web chat sites - so it must be in the Fabswingers/Chat coding that has not been updated to match the changes in Chrome/Flash. Well that is my opinion anyway. I would be interested in what the coders of Chat have to say.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We done the fix also but still no cam detected

looks like theyve updated something again..I havent put my cam on for days...and it just wont show as of 5 mins ago..

its bloody annoying..and I cant be arsed using firefox etc again.

No intention of changing my browser, we'll just wait until Fab fixes it, or Chrome fixes.

It is not fab's fault or chromes....

Adobe flash player is going to be discontinued anytime from now until 2020... In a popular News paper the other day I read, We won’t see Flash discontinued completely until 2020 – meaning that if you are still running a site with the technology, or are keen to still visit those old haunts that operate on the standard, you have a couple of years to wait it out just yet. From then, however, you can rely upon a faster, more secure web with HTML5 .......

This news has been going on for years now, sadly a lot of sites have not yet updated their coding.

I dread the day I log into fab and can't use a cam, if the site isn't brought up to todays more secure and safe HTML5 fab with no cam ...... people will surely drift away. I do hope this is fixed.

By *ewportpaulMan  over a year ago

newport

yes im afraid that one of them is me . im a gold member on fab guys as well so it will cost them a lot

Same for us.

Our last gold membership until fab sort it.

In the end its their problem.

The fix works for some not others, not ideal but over to them

By *tarfishTrooperMan  over a year ago

lincoln

Mine was working, has been for a few weeks, last night went to go on cam and it was blank, tried everything that is supposed to sort it, nothing does.

Using chrome on macbook air.

I upgraded for longer to use the camchat no I cant use it , only to view.

"Mine was working, has been for a few weeks, last night went to go on cam and it was blank, tried everything that is supposed to sort it, nothing does.

Using chrome on macbook air.

I upgraded for longer to use the camchat no I cant use it , only to view. "

I've had to use firefox

"It is not fab's fault or chromes....

Adobe flash player is going to be discontinued anytime from now until 2020... In a popular News paper the other day I read, We won’t see Flash discontinued completely until 2020 – meaning that if you are still running a site with the technology, or are keen to still visit those old haunts that operate on the standard, you have a couple of years to wait it out just yet. From then, however, you can rely upon a faster, more secure web with HTML5 .......

This news has been going on for years now, sadly a lot of sites have not yet updated their coding.

I dread the day I log into fab and can't use a cam, if the site isn't brought up to todays more secure and safe HTML5 fab with no cam ...... people will surely drift away. I do hope this is fixed. "

I liked perving you

just got back from long trips abroad, still no cam activation in SAFARI, so reloaded CHROME and yes you guessed it cam don't work there either.

I have the latest version of FLASH and CHROME . . . . . mystified and a little pissed off

By *uliemarkhornyCouple  over a year ago

Paignton

have tried chrome, firefox,internet explorer,edge on winds 10 now back on chrome defeated no sodding cam still sick to back teeth of this when im gold supporter you would think it would be sorted some how HELP ANYONE ???

Fab need to get this fixed after all we pay gold membership!

have tried all the so called fixes and nothing works. my membership is up in a couple weeks, dont think ill be renewing it

Im the same no cam on chrome

And a gold member

"Im the same no cam on chrome

And a gold member "

fancy a wank?

use firefox lol

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

just spent 2hrs doing all the supposed fixes still no cam seriously pissed off now

There's been a change in core browser security, where a webcam can only be accessed if content is served via https, which the fab cam page isn't.

For Blink based browsers (Chrome etc) to work in future, fab need to change their cam page. Until then, you'll have to use IE.

Chrome started blocking flash by default but you could override it on a page-by-page basis. However, this will only be an option for about a year, before it is blocked completely.

Settings won't make any difference, in case of a non-secure page. My settings allow flash but it is still blocked by the page. (On cam page, see icon, top-right... hovertip says "plugins were blocked by this page").

"There's been a change in core browser security, where a webcam can only be accessed if content is served via https, which the fab cam page isn't.

For Blink based browsers (Chrome etc) to work in future, fab need to change their cam page. Until then, you'll have to use IE.

Chrome started blocking flash by default but you could override it on a page-by-page basis. However, this will only be an option for about a year, before it is blocked completely.

Settings won't make any difference, in case of a non-secure page. My settings allow flash but it is still blocked by the page. (On cam page, see icon, top-right... hovertip says "plugins were blocked by this page").

"

As fewer and fewer people now use IE surely it would be in Fab's interests to get a fix sorted out and launch a HTTPS chat page.

"As fewer and fewer people now use IE surely it would be in Fab's interests to get a fix sorted out and launch a HTTPS chat page. "

Agreed - and after half a dozen similar cam-related threads, hopefully they'll be beavering away on that solution.

BOLDON COLLIERY

you posted -If your cam isn't working in chrome try this:

chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

There's a drop down which says "prefer html over flash". Set this to "disabled"

Flash should then be picked up and you can use your cam in chat

You need to close and re-open chrome for it to take effect

tried this and every other fix in the forums , still can not get cam to work in chat, I have even had my local computer expert look at it and even he is stumped as we have done every thing that has been suggested.

considering the no. of complaints in the forum we feel as site supporters the site should be doing more to fix this problem.

Until this is fixed there is little point in me going in to chat or renewing my supporters status.

your comments would be appreciated.

using win10 and chrome , flash is up to date

If there are any Webcamers that use a Desktop Browser and have not had many or any issues. I would love to know your Browser and Flash player versions. Thank You.

My history:

Chrome/opera basically the same moving to html5. Unable to select webcam or audio devices in Chrome ever and Opera since version 47 (15.8.17 updated). There is no way to turn off updates, unless you start deleting files.

I cannot get away with Microsoft Edge full stop.

Internet Explored worked a little however I could not select a device in flash settings and it has been discontinued.

Firefox and waterfox these work however it will not load xSplit and has a weird artifacting issue, name list appears on top of docked cams. And when I direct access webcam there is no way to adjust it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's worth looking for the post about using a slightly older version of Opera, that still supports Flash, and disabling it from updating itself. Whilst I've not done this, Opera has been good for provision of their older PC web browser versions, so that you can continue to enjoy their features.

By *asha xTV/TS  over a year ago

west london

Hi I was broadcasting perfectly ok up until 3/4 days ago and then it blocked me, but I read on 1thread, go into chat rooms,on top left hand see i in a circle,click on it, opens up a drop down, look for flash or what looks like a jigsaw piece click allow, seems to work for me,

Its pretty poor from Fab that they have not responded to all these negative posts. There is an issue with Chrome and they seem to be showing complete contempt for their membership by not saying they recognise it and are doing something about it.

By *ndylad1Man  over a year ago

sheffield

Please sort the problem out on this site with the cams not working or I WON'T BE renewing my membership.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Please sort the problem out on this site with the cams not working or I WON'T BE renewing my membership."
The problem caused by Google blocking cams on non-https pages was sorted out by Admin converting the chat page to https last week. If you're cam worked before the change that Google made, then it should now be working again.

If it didn't, have a look at

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/chat-discuss/628048

Chrome will never work. Use IE works perfect.

It is working in chrome

I read this forum thread and I took have had all sort of bother getting cam to work. I realize it's to do with security settings so in the end I gave up. However I have just tried something and hey presto it worked. I use an old version of office outlook called outlook 2007. It has an opportunity for you to use it as a web browser if you type in fabswingers.com

into the search box at the top

Fab opened up as normal in the window. I clicked on chat and then for first time in weeks my cam became active.

Solution found so if still using outlook 2007 or perhaps 2010 it may still work using that approach.

We use chrome and working fine now

By *he_watcher2011Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Firefox is not working at all now, activate Flash and the site hangs and you get the 'not responding' message.

By *wo4FemCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We use internet explorer when we go in chat on the pc. Works fine for us. On mobile phone you can use puffin browser and use the cam on your phone.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

My cam works xxxx Suzi

By *mandaSlimTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

that fix no longer works, their "prefer" drop down had been removed, I havent renewed my silver account and wont until FAB get HTML (a lot more secure) I've tried Chrome, Firefox etc, Im not going to IE may as well go back to windows 95, come on FAB get that HTML code working

By *illupMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

My cam doesnt work now too... despite trying everything

Milton Keynes

Maybe if Fab cant fix it one on the members on here who are web programmers can do it...

Chrome is by far the most popular web browser

According to StatCounter, Chrome is No. 1, with 58.4 percent of the market as of December 2016. By its count, Firefox is eating Chrome's dust, with 13.45 percent. Safari is in third place, with 10.54 percent, followed by IE, with 8.92 percent, and then Edge, with 3.09 percent.11 Jan 2017

Why should we look for obscure web browsers to make up fpr Fabs deficiencies.... not impressed

Milton Keynes

took me an hour and a half to get all dolled up and tried to go on cam... That drop down menu in Chrome has suddenly disappeared... why coz Flash is too much of a security risk, Im sure Fab wants especially swingers to feel a modicum of security on here whilst broadcasting, how hard can it be to change to HTML????

BOLDON COLLIERY

[Removed by poster at 10/10/17 13:37:15]

By *inkMan  over a year ago

your ass

I'm a complete technophobe with limited vocabulary when it comes to the Net.

I use Chrome & the Adobe Flash 11_1 something or other, that my pal put on my laptop for me.

My cam worke fine the other day & now I've just paid to renew my Site Support & logged on to cam.

You've probably guessed... no cam.

I followed another link from sj & mark in the Forum Threads but Chrome wasn't even an option on the dropdown.

As my pal has moved away I have NO IDEA how to resolve this in a simple manner. Needless to say I'm disappointed with this & in the "Site Support".

I left another well known adult friend site when their technical issues became too much, but at least they always added on a few weeks or months membership when their were tech issues (either due to their failure to update their systems, or simply because I'd paid for something I could no longer use.

Maybe I'm being a a technical neandrathal but please Fab/sj&mark offer a workable solution before I migrate again (after almost 10 years of membership in some form or another).

many thanks

Works perfect for us using Opra bowser...

By *eekaBooCpl4UCouple  over a year ago

auckland

Yep, we had the same problem - SOOOO frustrating!

I went to........... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plugins/chemohaemmfhjpmlgkmkanfpfbkaihop/related?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

and downloaded a "Plugins" and a "Missing Plug-in" fix. (close to top of page)

The Plug-in fix shows you all plug-ins and is easy to update Flash etc from there. I did this first.

Then when I clicked to run the blocked Adobe Flash plug-in icon at the top right of the web address entry thingy (haha I'm not overly teccy)

it will change colour - unlike before.

Then our cam finally registered in the publish box in chat.... if you still have troubles - reboot your laptop and re-try.....

Good luck - I hope this can help at least someone.. xx

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"We use internet explorer when we go in chat on the pc. Works fine for us. On mobile phone you can use puffin browser and use the cam on your phone."

I downloaded puffin all ok now as well

By *oodlandCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I have just managed to get my Chrome fixed to enable us to use the cam. This is what I did:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.

2. At the top right, click More and then Settings.

3. At the bottom, click Advanced.

4. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.

5. Click Flash.

6. Turn on Allow sites to run Flash. (Toggle on/off)

7. Turn OFF Ask first.***(IMPORTANT)

8. Go back to the page with the Flash content. If it doesn't load automatically, at the top left, click Reload Reload.

Its simple to run Flash in Chrome once you know what to do.

Load the chat window, then in the top left click by web addreas area, you'll get a list of optjons that you enable and then you'll be prompted to reload the page, works every time.

By *randMrsWestYorksCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Good shout BlueMeanie. Works a treat

[Removed by poster at 02/11/17 08:50:43]

"Good shout BlueMeanie. Works a treat "

Welk thank you kindly

I'm useless with all this but its just the same on Microsoft edge...nothing is working..any help or ideas?

My cam isnt working on chat, it was working yesterday I have tried everything reinstalling and deleting but nothing some help appreciated thanks

Look at task bar if there's a pic of a jigsaw puzzle piece click on it and then click run all plug ins this time

At opposite end of task bar exclamation mark click it and check settings ie allow camera allow flash etc etc

I tried all that but nothing works on all other sites just not this one

Try installing CCleaner and run that, then restart pc. The tip i and others have given about using Chrome definitely works.

» Add a new message to this topic