FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Android Puffin Viewer and external web cam

Android Puffin Viewer and external web cam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *G Lana OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I had hoped that I would be able to get the chatrooms working on an Android tablet using Puffin Viewer linking to my external cam vid the OTG connector but unless anyone knows otherwise it seems to be a step too far. Puffin Viewer seems to work well with either of the internal cams but whilst some other apps work with the external cam I can't see any way to get the browser to recognise it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *radsweetMan  over a year ago

Southwell

I have no problems with cammming and watching cams using Puffin on my iPad. Not tried it on an Android device though.

By *yes mattersMan  over a year ago

fun factory

Please enlighten me on how you do that , I have Puffin and an iPad . Thanks

By *yes mattersMan  over a year ago

fun factory

Sussex it just now , can't believe I didn't try it . Thanks for posting it tho ????

By *G Lana OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

To clarify my original post I have no problem with viewing other peoples cams or getting my own camera broadcasting if I use Puffin on either my phone or tablet with their internal cameras. I, however, prefer to broadcast using an external USB connected webcam as it allows me more control over view selection but unless someone else knows how to do this I don't think it is currently possible on android devices using Puffin which unfortunately will mean I'll need to keep using my somewhat hopeless laptop for this for the time being.

By *opular PoppyCouple  over a year ago

Herts

" To clarify my original post I have no problem with viewing other peoples cams or getting my own camera broadcasting if I use Puffin on either my phone or tablet with their internal cameras. I, however, prefer to broadcast using an external USB connected webcam as it allows me more control over view selection but unless someone else knows how to do this I don't think it is currently possible on android devices using Puffin which unfortunately will mean I'll need to keep using my somewhat hopeless laptop for this for the time being."

OK yes I agree this is an issue for me. Using my Chrome Book I can get the cam to work no problem. However it makes me look like shite because of the stupid unflattering camera angle. So I'd like to use an external cam to have the control I need over the location of the cam. Advice anyone?

» Add a new message to this topic