FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Blocked users

Blocked users

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would it not make sense to stop people who have been blocked from seeing posts of the forums?

A lot of the times people don't know they've been blocked and engage with those people only to then get a 2 day forum ban which doesn't seem fair

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only way people would get banned on forum because of replying to someone who has blocked them would be if the blocked person reported them. I would imagine in that case the person doing the blocking would have had a good reason to do it. It's not an automatic block. Persons just blocking because they don't want to meet are unlikely to report members in that way. The rules are there for a reason.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Would it not make sense to stop people who have been blocked from seeing posts of the forums?

A lot of the times people don't know they've been blocked and engage with those people only to then get a 2 day forum ban which doesn't seem fair"

You don't get a ban for that. For one a mod wouldn't know if you were blocked from another person.

The rules is more if people asked another to unblock them/ ask why they are blocked/ post to say you blocked me etc

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The only way people would get banned on forum because of replying to someone who has blocked them would be if the blocked person reported them.

."

Even if someone reported another person that person wouldn't get banned unless they post something that breaks rules

"Would it not make sense to stop people who have been blocked from seeing posts of the forums?

A lot of the times people don't know they've been blocked and engage with those people only to then get a 2 day forum ban which doesn't seem fair

You don't get a ban for that. For one a mod wouldn't know if you were blocked from another person.

The rules is more if people asked another to unblock them/ ask why they are blocked/ post to say you blocked me etc"

I'd had a ban for this and I hadn't even known the person had blocked me until I'd checked the thread AFTER receiving the ban

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You havn't

"You havn't"

Yes I have

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You didn't .

You don't get a ban by conversing with someone on the forum who may have blocked you. Most people wouldn't know they were blocked by others and a mod wouldn't know either.

The only time you would get a ban is if you didn't anything like explained in my post.