FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Can we have an over 50s chat room please

Can we have an over 50s chat room please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *onday playersCouple  over a year ago

West wycombe

Guess it would be a good idea or another way is to start a whats app group chat that way you can regulate who joins...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???"

Will agree but how many will join it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Speaking only for ourselves we wouldn't really want a chat room just for a specific age group. We like to chat to a mix of ages and sometimes find that any group limited to one age quickly becomes very one dimensional.

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

ah right, now that you are of a certain age the site has to change to accommodate you?

me me me

By *eordieslutWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Well am 51 and on here as half of a couple account

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"ah right, now that you are of a certain age the site has to change to accommodate you?

me me me"

People often ask for specific chat rooms or functions that suit their preference. It's what this section of the forum is for.

By *alenymphMan  over a year ago

HINCKLEY

I would love to join an over 50 chat now I'm of that age

Just because we are over 50 doesn't mean we are past it far from it I certainly haven't lost my libido

Could it be for those over 50 and people who will meet those over 50? Might mix it up a bit and be a bit of an over 50s showcase..

Not WhatsApp though. I wouldn’t give out my number for that.

I would use it ??

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

No

The end

Personally I wouldn't use it, as I am looking to meet men younger than 50. XXX

By *LEX DUMASMan  over a year ago

WALSALL .butts near Arboretum

Yes I would like this,as i love 50 plus ladies

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Speaking only for ourselves we wouldn't really want a chat room just for a specific age group. We like to chat to a mix of ages and sometimes find that any group limited to one age quickly becomes very one dimensional."

This.

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

"ah right, now that you are of a certain age the site has to change to accommodate you?

me me me"

Unless I’m missing some banter here.

What a rude reply

By *ldest swinger in townMan  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

brilliant idea.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???"
There are a lot of people who prefer mature people and there are also a lot of mature people who prefer meeting younger so a general chat room with varying age ranges would suit everyone

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???There are a lot of people who prefer mature people and there are also a lot of mature people who prefer meeting younger so a general chat room with varying age ranges would suit everyone "

Isn't that general chat?

By *acardiMan  over a year ago

highbridge

[Removed by poster at 06/05/18 20:52:49]

By *eoff2000Man  over a year ago

Ferndown

Whenever someone comes up with an alternative that suits them and many more, like me at 66, sure enough there are always those as above with the usual negative views and quick to criticise. If the proposal isn't for you then you have no reason to use it. There are plenty of existing rooms for you to choose from.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I agree with the op an over 50s room would be a good idea

By *ockman3858Man  over a year ago

didcot

I think it's a good idea u get to 50 people think u r past it

By *ery curious maleMan  over a year ago

Bishop Auckland

Completely agree.

I think it's a great idea x

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Would that be an over 50s couples room?

By *ockman3858Man  over a year ago

didcot

Hope so that would be great

Yep over 50 but still Nifty LOL we still know how to have a good time and good to chat with like minds.

Stenna stair lifts

Incontinence pads

Denture cleaners

Arthritis remedies

The good old days

Do it,it will be a hoot

By *ickyBird067555Man  over a year ago

london

it would be great ,and really busy i bet .

How on earth would it be moderated? What if a couple where one party was 51 and the other 48, would they be able to enter the room?

OP seems to want various rooms by the green arrow, perhaps they should have their own room

Very Ageist request

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Why? When swingers become 50, do they suddenly have something else to discuss, that the under-50s cannot contribute to??

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"How on earth would it be moderated? What if a couple where one party was 51 and the other 48, would they be able to enter the room?

OP seems to want various rooms by the green arrow, perhaps they should have their own room "

I'm assuming only the one aged 51 would be allowed to chat.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Why? When swingers become 50, do they suddenly have something else to discuss, that the under-50s cannot contribute to?? "

I think it's nice to chat to people of all ages.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Why? When swingers become 50, do they suddenly have something else to discuss, that the under-50s cannot contribute to??

I think it's nice to chat to people of all ages. "

Thank you..

By *ehallMan  over a year ago

dublin 24

that is a great idea count me in please

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

I think a lot of you have misunderstood, probably on purpose i guess.

As an over 50 bloke i can understand the idea.

Obviously anybody of any age would be allowed to contribute but all those who shy away from over 50s would just not join in.

By *ig rig hullMan  over a year ago

Hull

Would be an ideal place to discuss life cover or lottery results I suppose

Over 50 group chat.. "fab" idear.. count me in

More than happy to forward my number...text,chat...or Whatsapp vid chat...

By *atureMischiefCouple  over a year ago

Lutterworth

Great idea

By *ndylynne10Man  over a year ago

henfield

count us in

By *adrMan  over a year ago

Near Bedford

I'm probably the oldest guy on FAB, but I don't want to be made to feel I'm different just because of age. Profiles show (stated) age so we can use that to know who is in a room. Besides my G/f is still under 50 {{smile}}

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

I have no problem with it, as long as the people that are sexually attracted to mature over 50 individuals, like myself, are able to chat as well.

By *ehallMan  over a year ago

dublin 24

Fantastic idea thumbs up from me

By *he Wandering WelshmanMan  over a year ago

The Valleys

I'm 50 several years,I've found personally the "cut off " age for social/meets is unfortunately around my age.

I do have to put an extra effort and time looking for suitable profiles which I don't mind,so any help however little would get my backing,

Best wishes from ger

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Will you increase the FONT text size too!!

Very Ageist post in my opinion

That is a great idea,I would be willing to join.

By *ellhungoneMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Agree we need it

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

me me me

Unless I’m missing some banter here.

What a rude reply"

No, green arrow the OP.

By *reesteveCouple  over a year ago

west London and Costa del sol

we think that would be a great idea

Like the sound of that.

I think it could be a useful addition. For those who say they wouldn't use it because it too restrictive, you're not limited to use it.

There is a huge cut off at 45 the big one at 50 for single guys. Could be a great place for like minded chat.

"Why? When swingers become 50, do they suddenly have something else to discuss, that the under-50s cannot contribute to??

I think it's nice to chat to people of all ages. "

How would it stop you chatting to anyone younger? The OP is only asking for this to be considered.

I think it be good if less fabbers were so dismissive of suggestions. More might happen in improving fab it this was the case.

Usually it's the same ones who are so dismissive.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

So then we would also need over 20, 30, 40, 60,70,80, 90 separate rooms to make it fair on other ages.

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

How would it stop you chatting to anyone younger? The OP is only asking for this to be considered.

I think it be good if less fabbers were so dismissive of suggestions. More might happen in improving fab it this was the case.

Usually it's the same ones who are so dismissive."

The OP is asking for exclusively over 50s , this would preclude having younger in the group therefore you cannot chat to them in the chat group.

Your being dismissive to the person who is saying” let’s all chat and get on of all ages”

For a site which by its very nature should be more liberal than most its very segregated either by age or status.

Shame really because it could be so good.

I would use it

"So then we would also need over 20, 30, 40, 60,70,80, 90 separate rooms to make it fair on other ages. "

If we're talking 'fairness' maybe all filters should be removed. It then makes it fair for everyone includes 18 yr old too then.

But as you seemed to imply earlier you prefered to talk to everyone so wouldn't be wanting any groups.

But yes I'd see a value in having age related rooms for those who may wish at certain times to chat to their peer group and not just one 50s group.

The OP is asking for exclusively over 50s , this would preclude having younger in the group therefore you cannot chat to them in the chat group.

Your being dismissive to the person who is saying” let’s all chat and get on of all ages”

For a site which by its very nature should be more liberal than most its very segregated either by age or status.

Shame really because it could be so good. "

How is it any more excluding that having and using filters? What makes this site liberal? Is it because one can have sex with other like minded people? That's nothing new. We've been doing it since the beginning if mankind.

One can still chat with others on the forums but there are still exclusions in many guises on fab. As with anything one can choose to opt out if one wants too.

There us possibly a value to these group forums that few realise. It can possibly be the place where a non forum user may find it safer to engage in a smaller group setting. Giving them more confidence to join into the open forums which can be often intimidating for newbies. When only 5 or 6 % of fab profiles use the forums anything to bring more into them should be encouraged rather than quickly dismissed. With those figures I'd say it should be welcomed imo.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"So then we would also need over 20, 30, 40, 60,70,80, 90 separate rooms to make it fair on other ages.

If we're talking 'fairness' maybe all filters should be removed. It then makes it fair for everyone includes 18 yr old too then.

But as you seemed to imply earlier you prefered to talk to everyone so wouldn't be wanting any groups.

But yes I'd see a value in having age related rooms for those who may wish at certain times to chat to their peer group and not just one 50s group. "

I did, and that's just my opinion.

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

How is it any more excluding that having and using filters? What makes this site liberal? Is it because one can have sex with other like minded people? That's nothing new. We've been doing it since the beginning if mankind.

One can still chat with others on the forums but there are still exclusions in many guises on fab. As with anything one can choose to opt out if one wants too.

There us possibly a value to these group forums that few realise. It can possibly be the place where a non forum user may find it safer to engage in a smaller group setting. Giving them more confidence to join into the open forums which can be often intimidating for newbies. When only 5 or 6 % of fab profiles use the forums anything to bring more into them should be encouraged rather than quickly dismissed. With those figures I'd say it should be welcomed imo.

"

I see what your saying, we should welcome one and all but yet I felt you were being dismissive to the OP and her request.

Yes, I do think we should be more liberal on a site such as this, more liberal than many web forums because if the very fact we swing. Clue is in the title. . I think we all want the same thing, happy chats, happy meets, happy satisfaction !! I just wish we could all play nice.

I see what your saying, we should welcome one and all but yet I felt you were being dismissive to the OP and her request.

Yes, I do think we should be more liberal on a site such as this, more liberal than many web forums because if the very fact we swing. Clue is in the title. . I think we all want the same thing, happy chats, happy meets, happy satisfaction !! I just wish we could all play nice. "

I was supportive from the start of the OPs proposal. I had questioned why one person was dismissive of the OPs suggestion when they then said they'd not use it. I saw little point it that contribution. I think that was what you may have read.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Usually it's the same ones who are so dismissive."

Actually I'm not the only person who has expressed this opinion, why are you feeling the need to single me out specifically? Please read the whole thread.

By *armezWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Agree!

By *rs dinglesCouple  over a year ago

lybster

We have asked several times for over 50s room too chat in as most rooms are full of single guys not on cam ,no profile and some get abusive too . loads of couples already left site because more single guys now with fake profiles to

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"We have asked several times for over 50s room too chat in as most rooms are full of single guys not on cam ,no profile and some get abusive too . loads of couples already left site because more single guys now with fake profiles to "

How would an over 50s chat room stop them? There are still free to use it

"We have asked several times for over 50s room too chat in as most rooms are full of single guys not on cam ,no profile and some get abusive too . loads of couples already left site because more single guys now with fake profiles to

How would an over 50s chat room stop them? There are still free to use it "

Exactly, whilst in principle the idea is a good one there’s nothing to stop anyone going into any room.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"We have asked several times for over 50s room too chat in as most rooms are full of single guys not on cam ,no profile and some get abusive too . loads of couples already left site because more single guys now with fake profiles to

Exactly, whilst in principle the idea is a good one there’s nothing to stop anyone going into any room. "

It would make it hell for the chat mods, would they be required to ask for ID before people join the room? Some couples may not be able to use it as couples if one of them is under 50. Simplest solution is use the rooms and chat to who you want to.

Great Idea to be honest . I think that is being a little bit pedantic to say we need a room for every age group ( although on yahoo in the old dsys I think there was a 20-30 , 40-50, 50+ system ?

Why is it people are continually afraid of change on FAB ? Or appear to be ? And dont give me the ‘ if you don’t like it leave’ reply thanks

Reading through some replies it appears a certain one or two aren’t keen on the idea / adding a new chat room for members who are 50+ .

However I suggest that a lot of profiles here are now discouraging / not looking for meets with anyone over 50 . The horny old goats and nannies amongst us still need somewhere to go to chat to like minded people

Perhaps a new room / virtual space calling the drawing room or perhaps parlour or whatever? Fair enough we all have opinions of course .. but you can’t deny from redponses there is a demand for it a new room .The general room and some of the others as people have said in other posts in the forum is just far too cliquey ‘ where it seems theres always a ‘ queen bee’ holding court rather than an open room .woe betide anyone who doesn’t fit the room ‘ demographic’ they have a very lonely time in there or are ousted for giving the wrong opinion .

I suggest a new room would be useful even just to open things up again .

So I suggest perhaps the creation of a new room aimed at people of a certain age. However, free for anyone to enter . If enough people use it they will crowd out the ‘spoons minded types and send them looking for a more lively place anyway . . Maybe somewhere where the ‘ bants’ becomes proper chatting . Less emphasis on it being like a Friday night in ‘ spoons hoofing shots shouting at eachother and spilling beer ( which I really don’t enjoy in real life anyway) . More a chat over a decent glass of red approach is needed . Also whilst am on the subject can we please stop with all the drug chat going on in rooms .. sniff this and smoke that blsh blah .. too much of it by a long way IMO

Overall, think that might be useful to everyone to make things nicer if nothing else . I doubt if it would be too difficult to organise another virtual chat space?

By *r SurprisingMan  over a year ago

Manchester

it could be called

'Oldies who fuck'

or 'Silver swingers'

or 'Older but fun'

But I’d want it to be full of 18-30yr old young women looking for an older Gentleman, like me... well, looking for me, to be precise! ??????

By *P2018Couple  over a year ago

bathgate

What about a mature and age gap room rolled into one? I was going to finish off my comment with a vision of the room but everything I typed made me sound like some sort of hippy idealist!!

Ive just had a younger guy message me about this issue, lol i cannot see a problem with the over 50s group as under 50 can still message the over 50s on their profiles if the age range allows it.

Some of these forum chats just end up a big issue.

Is it possible to have age range on list and ability to filter messages. That way younger who want 50s can see them as can 50s who want 50s.

This could be a general feature

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Carrick

The Over 50 Salon.

"Is it possible to have age range on list and ability to filter messages. That way younger who want 50s can see them as can 50s who want 50s.

This could be a general feature "

Good idea

By *dinburgerMan  over a year ago

Perthshire

SAGA

Sex And Games for the Aged.

By *ig rig hullMan  over a year ago

Hull

The new place to discus life cover, pensions and funeral plans

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

I think its a great idea, though not exclusively for over 50's a lot of profiles are not interested in those over 50, and would make it easier to chat to those who were interested.

london

Justice for us oldies.

london

Justice for us oldies.

By *arkmanMan  over a year ago

hounslow

I can see the point of an over 50’s room; in fact I think it’s a good idea. It does not stop anyone from conversing in other rooms if they wish, but it would be nice to have a room for us slightly older folk, lol.

I think the WhatsApp idea is a good one as well

By *arkmanMan  over a year ago

hounslow

The thing is no one is saying you have to join or indeed that you are prohibited from speaking in other rooms. However, I’m sure there are people in all age groups who prefer to swing or discuss the subject with people nearer their age as they have a closer affinity.

Does anyone object when they see an advert they want to respond to but are denied because of the age restrictions? I suspect most of us look at it as an opportunity missed and move on...,,

Making a suggestion

Why don't you chat in the forums

Under UK.

Chat for Saga lol

I think I can understand

Try it out

[Removed by poster at 11/08/18 19:05:06]

Look in UK forum I made it for you... Chat for over 5os.xx

By *afun2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It will be the same as all the other rooms, full of fakes, pic collectors and people who have been on here for years but never met anyone.

By *aughty Little SecretsCouple  over a year ago

Wetherby

Age is just a number ??

By *esperatedanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I bet you voted remain.

[Removed by poster at 11/08/18 23:32:01]

Exactly, whilst in principle the idea is a good one there’s nothing to stop anyone going into any room.

It would make it hell for the chat mods, would they be required to ask for ID before people join the room? Some couples may not be able to use it as couples if one of them is under 50. Simplest solution is use the rooms and chat to who you want to. "

It does not have to be a “policed” age restriction ... just a room NAME to denote the likely character of the room. If younger folks want to chat there then that’s fine (odds are most won’t want to?)

I would call it # Awe55ome ! For the over 55’s

Exactly, whilst in principle the idea is a good one there’s nothing to stop anyone going into any room. "

Unless it was done purely by age on our profiles?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Is it possible to have age range on list and ability to filter messages. That way younger who want 50s can see them as can 50s who want 50s.

This could be a general feature "

That message filter is already available.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"SAGA

Sex And Games for the Aged.

"

It would make it hell for the chat mods, would they be required to ask for ID before people join the room? Some couples may not be able to use it as couples if one of them is under 50. Simplest solution is use the rooms and chat to who you want to.

It does not have to be a “policed” age restriction ... just a room NAME to denote the likely character of the room. If younger folks want to chat there then that’s fine (odds are most won’t want to?)

I would call it # Awe55ome ! For the over 55’s "

You could start it in the UK forum.

Can't see it taking off in chat rooms.

"Guess it would be a good idea or another way is to start a whats app group chat that way you can regulate who joins...

"

I would be interested in participating

By *nioantMan  over a year ago

miami

Love the idea. I am 63 swm in Miami love,to meet some ladies from miami area

By *nioantMan  over a year ago

miami

Good idea. Wish you were in Margate,florida

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

"Stenna stair lifts

Incontinence pads

Denture cleaners

Arthritis remedies

The good old days

Do it,it will be a hoot "

tartan slippers (pre bay city rollers)lol

By *23456999Man  over a year ago

york

Anyone over 50?

Yup

By *ndyandy123Man  over a year ago

rossendale

Hi

By *affyandWalCouple  over a year ago

Saffron waldon

Agree with you entirely .

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???

But I’d want it to be full of 18-30yr old young women looking for an older Gentleman, like me... well, looking for me, to be precise! ??????"

Wouldn't be that hard to police it without mods.

Those over 50 can just chat amongst themselves if they so felt. There will be a few who have lied about their age but it be a rare person under 50 who ups their age. If someone is over 50 and has lied about their age then it's for all to see on their profile.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

I totally ageee as you see young 20yr old females on cam dancing about or flaunting themselves with very little on or nothing on. Being a mum with a daughter in early 20s it's so gusting. Have noticed more and more young adults ie. 18yr on site. Is there no way that admin can up the age to join or when photo verify to take a closer look to see if they are the age. For a female that age who says that if they meet ts not going to turn into sonething nasty

london

Always an hard call for sites like this.

Thing is. The older we get. The younger they look.

By *ndyandMandyCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Here here

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???There are a lot of people who prefer mature people and there are also a lot of mature people who prefer meeting younger so a general chat room with varying age ranges would suit everyone

Isn't that general chat?"

"Now we are past the 50 mark, and had a great time before it, we would love to get an over 50s chat room which only allows over 50s in it. Anybody else agree, I'm sure it could be done???There are a lot of people who prefer mature people and there are also a lot of mature people who prefer meeting younger so a general chat room with varying age ranges would suit everyone

Isn't that general chat?

"

Lol. One would think they're being excluded or something. Don't people understand there is no such thing as age blocks for chat groups? The suggestion was about trying to bring together a comfortable place for over 50s to come and chat. Doesn't mean other can't join in no does it mean older one won't chat with them either. There's plenty of general chat forums to cater for everyone but certain age groups would be a particularly good addition IMO.

Hi I'm 54 still like a bit of fun Letts have a older room. (

I think older themed club meets too ... weekday afternoons maybe?

"Well am 51 and on here as half of a couple account "
omg your 51 sure dont look it

"Yes I would like this,as i love 50 plus ladies"
yes lad these women are stunning for therw age

Do we get Horlicks ?