FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Post codes used 1st 2 letters?? x

Post codes used 1st 2 letters?? x

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uest192 OP   Man  over a year ago

doncaster wakefield

Could people s names start with 1st 2 letters of their postcodes so all people know were they are from rather than havin to go into profile? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So I should have a user name starting with "BN"? and some one with a postcode of "PO" could come from anywhere from Bognor Regis to 8 miles West of Portsmouth and inland for around 15 miles. That is 23 x 15......345 square miles.

That ain't gonna help much. Admin could set up something where members could actually put their location for all to see.......

Oh! Wait!.......They have.....in fact it's always been there!

"So I should have a user name starting with "BN"? and some one with a postcode of "PO" could come from anywhere from Bognor Regis to 8 miles West of Portsmouth and inland for around 15 miles. That is 23 x 15......345 square miles.

That ain't gonna help much. Admin could set up something where members could actually put their location for all to see.......

Oh! Wait!.......They have.....in fact it's always been there!

"

Tee hee

I think the post code should be optional for a profile for those who would like more discretion as to where they are from.

"I think the post code should be optional for a profile for those who would like more discretion as to where they are from."

Yes, but you don't do meets. It is rather helpful to have some idea where a person you are talking to, hails from if you are thinking of arranging a meet. Few people would want to travel 250 miles for instance.

"I think the post code should be optional for a profile for those who would like more discretion as to where they are from.

Yes, but you don't do meets. It is rather helpful to have some idea where a person you are talking to, hails from if you are thinking of arranging a meet. Few people would want to travel 250 miles for instance."

Thats why I say optional, like opting out of the fab'd pics or filter who you want to receive mail from.

It would be up to the individuals profile then.

» Add a new message to this topic