FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > chat rooms dying a death

chat rooms dying a death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ive noticed a very clicky culture in certain rooms and its come to my notice that southeast room which used to be good has literally died a death some have moved on to general chat try and be a newbie in there jesus not a chance in hell

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I find its full of weird guys ....rude .. heckling .....like the cams .... its not nice anymore

It needs closing down .... its not swinging ... just abuse .

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I find its full of weird guys ....rude .. heckling .....like the cams .... its not nice anymore

It needs closing down .... its not swinging ... just abuse ."

Any particular room?

By *oyle_45Man  over a year ago

Worthing

Being from the Southeast, I only really use that room and it has always seemed the most clicky and the least populated.

If I take a break from the site and come back, I don’t see anyone I know.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've never wanted to try chat rooms or cams and this is why. There is always some weird behaviour in any online encounter, meeting in real life is so much better

By *hyKentGuyMan  over a year ago

sheerness

I try to chat to people in the rooms but there’s either to many in there or like you say too clicky. I must add I am always polite and respectful.

"ive noticed a very clicky culture in certain rooms and its come to my notice that southeast room which used to be good has literally died a death some have moved on to general chat try and be a newbie in there jesus not a chance in hell "
Always the way no matter what site, some welcome the new but groups form and it's hard to penetrate sometimes and I do love to penetrate

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

It's a bit like walking into a local neighbourhood pub with lots of regulars. If you slam the door open and shout "Evening all!!" at the top of your voice, you'll get a lot of strange looks and then be ignored. If, instead, you go over to the bar, order your pint and start a convo with someone drinking at the bar, you'll get chatting, introduced to their mates and so on. After a few nights you'll be a regular too!

In the chat room, the regulars may have been chatting to each other for years and may well have met each other. Sit back, get a feel for the chat and join in when you can, but try to persevere a little if you don't get an immediate response. Hopefully the regulars will remember that they were newbies once, too!

Most sensible reply I've seen for ages - and so true.

The Summer holidays, folks having smallies at home and other such commitments tend to keep the Perves busy during the day - and this heat has lost a few to the swimming pools, beaches etc.

We are a friendly bunch in the Ireland room. Generally after 10pm we have a regular crowd lurkin' though

"It's a bit like walking into a local neighbourhood pub with lots of regulars. If you slam the door open and shout "Evening all!!" at the top of your voice, you'll get a lot of strange looks and then be ignored. If, instead, you go over to the bar, order your pint and start a convo with someone drinking at the bar, you'll get chatting, introduced to their mates and so on. After a few nights you'll be a regular too!

In the chat room, the regulars may have been chatting to each other for years and may well have met each other. Sit back, get a feel for the chat and join in when you can, but try to persevere a little if you don't get an immediate response. Hopefully the regulars will remember that they were newbies once, too!"

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Tbh the chatrooms are what you make it, and if you go in with the right attitude you are bound to be able to join in somewhere, even I can do it and I'm well known for my antisocial behaviour . Just remember chat isn't always going to involve sex, it could range from tea and biscuits to 80s cartoon theme songs.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I once went into the Chat Rooms and have never been so intimidated in my life.

Firstly, there's so much techie stuff to recall, plus numerous emoji's, symbols & so on about which you've no idea what they're for or what they do.

Once you've got through all that, you have to work your way through everyone. Regulars fail to spot newcomers or assist them; the cliques don't give newcomers any leeway.

It was a minefield in there; I was so glad to get out. The existing people in there don't make it easy for newcomers to the scene.

Most of the rooms are the same it's more of a battle of wills. As a guy is very difficult for me to get anyone to talk to you and I see myself as one of the normal ones

Tis about popularity...

If you fall-out with one person and they're popular - you are doomed!

I've tried and tested this theory!

It's tough to get to know people

I went in the Midlands chat go on for the fist time this morning. No idea if there were regular people in there. But had a great chat with 4 or 5 people.

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"Tbh the chatrooms are what you make it, and if you go in with the right attitude you are bound to be able to join in somewhere, even I can do it and I'm well known for my antisocial behaviour . Just remember chat isn't always going to involve sex, it could range from tea and biscuits to 80s cartoon theme songs."

This, just mention cake and you’ll be inundated!! I used to love the SE chat room but everyone just disappeared seemingly overnight.... bizarre...

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

Meeting is the key ?? but so many ifs and buts about how we should look ,shaved,hair,no hair ,no bells ?? just meet people,I meet and have more fun on Badoo then fab lol ??

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

Too many big ego's and people only going into rooms to disrupt or cause trouble.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I have noticed a lot of the regional rooms are quieter lately, perhaps people are spending more time with kids as they are on hols?

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

"It's tough to get to know people"
I dont post in forums on a regular basis but when I do nearly allways get ignored ?

I love my local chatroom and we're a friendly bunch lol find the forum harder work tbh

"ive noticed a very clicky culture in certain rooms and its come to my notice that southeast room which used to be good has literally died a death some have moved on to general chat try and be a newbie in there jesus not a chance in hell "
chatrooms are all about the people in them

"chatrooms are all about the people in them "

There are many, many good, genuine and witty folks in the room which I visit whenever I can, certainly outnumbering the "cretin contingent" hugely.

All that needs to be done is to correctly identify any goon and totally ignore them until THEY feel the result of their wimpish and cowardly ways by getting nothing back and feeling 'hurt'

THAT...... will wind the poor buggers up more than anything else available in a chatroom to retaliate with.....

Don't feed them, pity them and their sad, jealous, negative little ways.....

"chatrooms are all about the people in them

There are many, many good, genuine and witty folks in the room which I visit whenever I can, certainly outnumbering the "cretin contingent" hugely.

All that needs to be done is to correctly identify any goon and totally ignore them until THEY feel the result of their wimpish and cowardly ways by getting nothing back and feeling 'hurt'

THAT...... will wind the poor buggers up more than anything else available in a chatroom to retaliate with.....

Don't feed them, pity them and their sad, jealous, negative little ways..... "

Hey the best way is to encourage people obviously if they are rude can't do much with them but all it takes is one negative comment and you can send anyone down the wrong path at any given moment

» Add a new message to this topic