FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > webcam issues

webcam issues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

Logged into chat yesterday and now my webcam appears 'narrow' as if its squashing a widescreen image into a 4:3 format. Not sure if anything has changed settings wise, but checked on other websites / applications using my cam and they are all showing it in the correst format, so only appears to be the new chat on here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've contacted you privately with an email address to contact us on so you can send a screenshot. We'll then look into it

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

Logged into chat yesterday and now my webcam appears 'narrow' as if its squashing a widescreen image into a 4:3 format. Not sure if anything has changed settings wise, but checked on other websites / applications using my cam and they are all showing it in the correst format, so only appears to be the new chat on here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!"

Hiya

When did your cam start playing up, was it a week ago? mines been doing the same thing, its a nightmare and I have tried everything! and I mean everything! to put it right

Anyone else having a similar problem?

bump bump bumpty bump

By *exystargirlWoman  over a year ago

Warrington

I can use my cam in the old chatroom but not the new one, Which is kind of annoying

"I can use my cam in the old chatroom but not the new one, Which is kind of annoying"

Yes mine works in old chat as well, always worked in new, until recently

Bump!

Is this issue being looked at?

I've also noticed others cams doing this too, giving a compressed look.

Nope, doesn't look like it's being resolved. I have tried everything, to no avail!!! even restoring my lappy.....admin did mail me, but no joy

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Still looking at this, it's unlikely to be fixed until first week of the new year. We still don't fully understand the issue.

Admin x

Ok, thanks, just to add to that, I asked someone to look at my cam, and they said that it didn't look compressed from their end, so maybe it's a frames / window resolution issue with the chat site?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Ok, thanks, just to add to that, I asked someone to look at my cam, and they said that it didn't look compressed from their end, so maybe it's a frames / window resolution issue with the chat site?"

Sounds like a possible flash/cam/driver bug. Maybe worth updating your cam drivers if you can?

Admin x

Hi,

For what it's worth, I'm having this issue as well. It has just strated in the last week or so. It doesn't matter whether I use firefox or internet explorer.

"Still looking at this, it's unlikely to be fixed until first week of the new year. We still don't fully understand the issue.

Admin x"

Thanks Admin, I have discovered there seems to be a lot more people affected by 'fat head' cam

A solution, would be greatly appreciated

I'm having this problem too, cam is all squashed up in the chatroom. Glad to know it's not just me, I was fiddling round with all the settings I could find the other day!

I had the same thing today - but this did happen in another swingers site chat room that I used to go to and they had to update the website to the latest adobe flash player and it worked - not sure if this is the same here. I have been in the other swingers chat room and cam works there fine.

Help please admin

Ok - so I have loaded the fabswingers chat using internet explorer and cam works fine but when I try to load with google chrome it doesn't. I have been on to update flashplayer and it says chrome does it automatically - so I am guessing we just have to wait until they update it

Hope this helps you frustrated people out there.

By *om1noMan  over a year ago

South Worcestershire

Be carefull updating flash player , if I do it it seizes my pc up and I can no longer watch cams, a lot depends on what system you are running , 64 bit xp is known to suffer from this.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Ok - so I have loaded the fabswingers chat using internet explorer and cam works fine but when I try to load with google chrome it doesn't. I have been on to update flashplayer and it says chrome does it automatically - so I am guessing we just have to wait until they update it

Hope this helps you frustrated people out there.

"

What version do you have in each ? The latest version for both IE and Chrome is 11.1.102.55.

Ladies and gents - ref the issue for google chrome and cams.

It worked for me then stopped publishing cam etc - I uninstalled chrome and then reinstalled - now my cam is publishing and chat screen is back to normal

** simples**

Hope this helps

I am new member on here and new chat was already in operation.. My webcam works fine on msn for both incoming and outgoing videos...

On here my webcam comes on and i can see myself on the camera on right hand side of screen and the grey cam sign appears next to my name on chat along with audio. But no one can load my webcam they say it is just blank screen.. I am also unable to view other peoples webcams this also appears as white screen...

I have uploaded flash player and google chrome and even updated security setting s with adobe to allow my webcam to be viewed....

Can you please help/advise what else i could do or is this an ongoing issue

We're having the same problem, today as a last resort removed google chrome from laptop and updated internet explorer, still getting the white screen of doom when trying to view cams, everything works fine in msn, so sure its not our cam.

By *ellhatterMan  over a year ago

slough

sometimes have an issue with internal and have to switch to external cam.

» Add a new message to this topic