FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Directing: Offending and Punishment

Directing: Offending and Punishment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r D and Mrs L OP   Couple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

When a member commits an offence in one of the chat rooms, provided there is a Mod in the room, that member is banned for an hour or two, leaving the offender free to return and offend again. This is very noticeable with directing in particular, where offenders are banned for a short time. Many of them are habitual offenders, who appear later and carry on directing again and again. We therefore believe that the punishment system is totally inadequate and only teaches the offender to check for Mods in the room first before committing the offence and some don’t even care because they know they would be banned only for a short period.

We do believe that the solution to this lies in 2 parts.

Part 1: To have secret Mods who are able to catch the offenders unaware. Some may argue that Mods should warn the offenders first before banning them from the chat room; we believe this to be totally un-necessary. Room reminders come up often enough for all to see and should serve as a notice to all. If they continue to offend, then the Mods should ban them from the room immediately without warning.

Part 2: To revamp the punishment system to make it more effective and maybe benefit from some aspects of the justice system. We believe that repeat offenders should have their punishment doubled every time they repeat the same offence, escalating it to limiting their access to certain rooms or facilities and even end up in banning them from the site all together.

As an example if the punishment for directing is a one hour ban, then if the offender repeats the offence then it doubles up to 2 hours then 4, then 8 then 16 and after that restrict the offender’s access to all chat rooms, only allowing access to directing rooms. Should the offender continue to offend in other ways then that may lead to a permanent ban from the site altogether.

We do understand that this may add more work load on Admin but it would eventually make for a better website and much more enjoyable place for all members.

We invite your views on this and call on Admin to shed some light on the possibility of implementing both suggestions.

Mr D & Mrs L

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

As far as i know repeat offenders do get longer bans, but i am sure admin or mods will be along to correct me if i am wrong.

As for stealth mods...i think all users can do there bit by reporting ppl who are abusive in chat, then clocking the ignorant feckers

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

blocking lol, i didnt mean thump them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rehabilitation not working then?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Repeat offenders get longer bans.

See Admins answer on here.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/chat-discuss/85187#last

By *r D and Mrs L OP   Couple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"blocking lol, i didnt mean thump them "

Why not? That may work lol

When I was a mod, I used to ban them, if I was in a bad mood - without warning, if I was in a good mood, I gave them one chance and one chance only.

Guess what ?

I got a bad name as a mod .....

From the site's point of view I understood the reasons behind the ban times etc etc and in a nutshell it was this:

Ban somebody for too long and they will simply rejoin as a new member and after 7 days or whatever it is, they'll be back in chat again, so 'better the devil you know' ??

Currently there is no mechanism in place to prevent people rejoining the site as a 'new' member .. people cry to ban IP addys, but that isn't possible so what is the site to do ....?

Only one thing - make it a pay site and then new members can be vetted by Credit / Debit card details. After all most folks only have one or two of those to play with ...

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

one site i know is free but still requies a card details to verify you are over 18

so that could work here to verify who you are

"When a member commits an offence in one of the chat rooms, provided there is a Mod in the room, that member is banned for an hour or two, leaving the offender free to return and offend again. This is very noticeable with directing in particular, where offenders are banned for a short time. Many of them are habitual offenders, who appear later and carry on directing again and again. We therefore believe that the punishment system is totally inadequate and only teaches the offender to check for Mods in the room first before committing the offence and some don’t even care because they know they would be banned only for a short period.

Part 1: To have secret Mods who are able to catch the offenders unaware. Some may argue that Mods should warn the offenders first before banning them from the chat room; we believe this to be totally un-necessary. Room reminders come up often enough for all to see and should serve as a notice to all. If they continue to offend, then the Mods should ban them from the room immediately without warning.

Part 2: To revamp the punishment system to make it more effective and maybe benefit from some aspects of the justice system. We believe that repeat offenders should have their punishment doubled every time they repeat the same offence, escalating it to limiting their access to certain rooms or facilities and even end up in banning them from the site all together.

As an example if the punishment for directing is a one hour ban, then if the offender repeats the offence then it doubles up to 2 hours then 4, then 8 then 16 and after that restrict the offender’s access to all chat rooms, only allowing access to directing rooms. Should the offender continue to offend in other ways then that may lead to a permanent ban from the site altogether.

We do understand that this may add more work load on Admin but it would eventually make for a better website and much more enjoyable place for all members.

We invite your views on this and call on Admin to shed some light on the possibility of implementing both suggestions.

Mr D & Mrs L"

Just ignore/block....don't let it consume you. Unfortunately no matter what services/facilities ate provided, mindless idiots will abuse them. Rise above them, don't engage in any interaction and they will get bored.

"When a member commits an offence in one of the chat rooms, provided there is a Mod in the room, that member is banned for an hour or two, leaving the offender free to return and offend again. This is very noticeable with directing in particular, where offenders are banned for a short time. Many of them are habitual offenders, who appear later and carry on directing again and again. We therefore believe that the punishment system is totally inadequate and only teaches the offender to check for Mods in the room first before committing the offence and some don’t even care because they know they would be banned only for a short period.

Mr D & Mrs L

Just ignore/block....don't let it consume you. Unfortunately no matter what services/facilities ate provided, mindless idiots will abuse them. Rise above them, don't engage in any interaction and they will get bored."

Are*...not ate

» Add a new message to this topic