FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Unfriendly SW chat

Unfriendly SW chat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been in there several times now to chat and get to know people. Not much chance of that as they completely ignore new chatters. No one even said hello back.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Been in there several times now to chat and get to know people. Not much chance of that as they completely ignore new chatters. No one even said hello back. "

Some rooms are like that not just SW

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

It's that famous Westcountry distrust of strangers...

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

If people don't say hi back, often it's because they are in the middle of five other conversations. Try joining in with a conversation instead of just saying hi and you may get a better reaction. May take a few times, a bit of effort is required.

I quite often appear to be in but am actually doing other things at the same time so I suppose could appear like I'm ignoring people ... a lot of us in there are sneaking in whilst working

How I look at it is like any social gathering ... when you go somewhere people never stop what they are doing or even notice another person arrive. No-one actually has to speak to you but go there a few times ... join in and you'll get known! All the chatrooms are exactly the same tbh

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

I use the SW room now and again and always say hello to people

Sadly we have to say we agree...

Being a Geordie, eye contact and canny banter is the norm for me. I love the SW for being very friendly and most people are just as welcoming as up north.

However- I feel there is a clique in the chat room and some forums.

It’s a shame. Maybe we just need to forgive each other for our choices in whether we put jam on our scone first/ second...

And for all those who are in the chat rooms who already know each other... maybe realise a quick welcome is all it takes to relieve nerves as people try to enter - I’m pretty certain you’re all a friendly bunch in real life

Mrs P x

"How I look at it is like any social gathering ... when you go somewhere people never stop what they are doing or even notice another person arrive. No-one actually has to speak to you but go there a few times ... join in and you'll get known! All the chatrooms are exactly the same tbh "

Yes you’re possibly right

But if a couple/ person outright says hello I can imagine you wouldn’t ignore them?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"How I look at it is like any social gathering ... when you go somewhere people never stop what they are doing or even notice another person arrive. No-one actually has to speak to you but go there a few times ... join in and you'll get known! All the chatrooms are exactly the same tbh

But if a couple/ person outright says hello I can imagine you wouldn’t ignore them?

"

I tried saying hello, I asked how everyone was, what are you all up to tonight etc, gave up in the end. Only one person said goodbye.

"How I look at it is like any social gathering ... when you go somewhere people never stop what they are doing or even notice another person arrive. No-one actually has to speak to you but go there a few times ... join in and you'll get known! All the chatrooms are exactly the same tbh

I tried saying hello, I asked how everyone was, what are you all up to tonight etc, gave up in the end. Only one person said goodbye. "

I feel for you. Let’s hope some of them read this and realise it’s quite nerve wracking at times and consider this

Mrs P x

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

I've never got the hang of the chat rooms in this place either. Generally I prefer the forums or just to arrange face to face meets....

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've since been in there and have chatted to the OP, I always try to welcome newbies into the chat and offer to help them if they need it. It's nothing to just say hi back. I chatted to the female part of the profile. But gender etcaside, it's not nice to blatantly ignore people when they are new. We all had to start somewhere and as far as I could see she had tried to make the effort to join in.

I've never hand any luck in the SW chat room, it's usually filled the the same people and if you are a single guy you might as well be taking to a wall

"I've since been in there and have chatted to the OP, I always try to welcome newbies into the chat and offer to help them if they need it. It's nothing to just say hi back. I chatted to the female part of the profile. But gender etcaside, it's not nice to blatantly ignore people when they are new. We all had to start somewhere and as far as I could see she had tried to make the effort to join in. "

Love , love, love xxx

"I've never hand any luck in the SW chat room, it's usually filled the the same people and if you are a single guy you might as well be taking to a wall"
m

This is an utter shame too

Perhaps some may read this and I hope it changes x

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Single guys are some of the most popular chatters in the south west room, so i guess it depends how much effort you put in, just go in and start a conversation, people in there do not bite, despite what is being made out here.

» Add a new message to this topic