FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Puffin Web Browser alternative for iOS users

Puffin Web Browser alternative for iOS users

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ySweetLady OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

Dear all,

Apparently Puffin Web Browser will be disappearing soon (see official message below) so, does anyone know of an alternative browser that supports flash for iOS users so I can use the chat room (I occasionally cam)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lady x

Puffin Web Browser on iOS, Adieu

In December 2010, we at CloudMosa started Puffin Web Browser, which was an instant hit. Later, Puffin Academy was launched to help K12 students access education-related content on iOS devices.

On May 4, we announced that Puffin Web Browser and Puffin Academy on iOS will be discontinued. The reason is very simple. Development has long ceased since Apple saw Puffin as a rival and unfairly stopped us from releasing updates through App Store policies. It has become increasingly difficult to keep up with new Web technologies without being able to update the iOS apps. We recognized that the time has come to turn off the service.

For free Puffin Web Browser users, the service will shut down on July 1, 2019. For paid users of Puffin Web Browser, the service will be extended for a while for you to transition to another solution.

To everyone who used the Puffin Web Browser on iOS: thank you so much. We will keep the project running on Android. If you have enjoyed the experience of using Puffin Web Browser and Puffin Academy, please leave us a comment in the App Store.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

That is a rubbish. I think any other service would come up with similar problems with apple unfortunately. Hope something turns up though . Stopped using apple personally about 10 years and i don't miss it one bit.

Durham

Photon browser emulates flash no idea if you can get it on ios or if it works in the chatrooms on here.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Firefox may work?

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

The problem isn’t with iOS it’s with a very poor cam system within fab. Like apple or not they are the phone of choice for lots of people and to have a cam chat that isn’t compatible is very dated.

I do love fab and the site btw but it could do with being brought up to date!!

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

"That is a rubbish. I think any other service would come up with similar problems with apple unfortunately. Hope something turns up though . Stopped using apple personally about 10 years and i don't miss it one bit."

The first iPhone is only 11 years old, so if you stopped using it 10years ago there wasn’t much to miss!

Durham

Iphone 4 i think was my last. Still had my ipod classic after that. Yes the chatrooms are using outdated tech, but it is basucally a free site and all upgrades cost money and this one wouldn't be cheap in time and money. The problem in this case is Apple's desire to control and moneytize everything within ios ecosystem.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shocked at how rude some people are on FS! Received a what's app message with a simple 'Hi' nothing else and now realize the sender expected a response in minutes even though I was in a client meeting!!

So hello to abusive FS, we are a couple so kindly retract your accusations that my bf is a fake! Thank you and have a great day

Btw please don't contact us again

By *thletic gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Funky

What a shame, love to have fun in chat, hope there’s a viable option but doesn’t look like it ......

By *ySweetLady OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

"What a shame, love to have fun in chat, hope there’s a viable option but doesn’t look like it ......"

I am afraid not though I was hoping someone would know one.

By *cobMan  over a year ago

here

Watching this as I also need an alternative!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Photon browser emulates flash no idea if you can get it on ios or if it works in the chatrooms on here."

Apparantly it does its one the 5 listed on this site that works with ios.

Here's the link to help you guys, it gives links to download the browsers too and has lots of info on apple as well.

https://www.lifewire.com/iphone-browsers-support-flash-1999351

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Buy an android phone.

By *weetstephanie321TV/TS  over a year ago

kidderminster

The only one thing that I find wrong is I personal do not like to be called a tv/or cd. As I am a Ts woman ?? i think it give the wrong perception to who Ts woman are .other than that good except for the time wasters on here there should be a box some where this site can put them in so we can see who is just a waist of time .but I just mite be wishful thinking . Keep the good work up i’m sure we all appreciate your work you do on the site . Love Stephanie x

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The only one thing that I find wrong is I personal do not like to be called a tv/or cd. As I am a Ts woman ?? i think it give the wrong perception to who Ts woman are .other than that good except for the time wasters on here there should be a box some where this site can put them in so we can see who is just a waist of time .but I just mite be wishful thinking . Keep the good work up i’m sure we all appreciate your work you do on the site . Love Stephanie x"

I think you may have posted on the wrong thread hun

X

By *thletic gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Funky

Thank you, have downloaded the one with best reviews, fingers crossed xxx

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Thank you, have downloaded the one with best reviews, fingers crossed xxx"
happy to help x

By *utonguy2023Man  over a year ago

luton

So whats the alternative to be able to use cam in chat then folks

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Seems to still be working so im wondering if it was all fake news

However you feel about it, Flash is being discontinued next year anyway so the systems will all need to change (flash end of life noted on Adobe website amongst other places)

"The problem isn’t with iOS it’s with a very poor cam system within fab. Like apple or not they are the phone of choice for lots of people and to have a cam chat that isn’t compatible is very dated.

I do love fab and the site btw but it could do with being brought up to date!!"

So True, a lot of other communities have very good cam chat systems, this is very poor

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"So whats the alternative to be able to use cam in chat then folks"

See my post above... ^^^

By *omsubcouple76Couple  over a year ago

North Leeds

Sorry, not great with tech, is this about just being able to view the people on cams in the chat or can you actually cam yourself using your phone?

We've never been able to do that from the site when on our phones, only cammed using the laptop.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sorry, not great with tech, is this about just being able to view the people on cams in the chat or can you actually cam yourself using your phone?

We've never been able to do that from the site when on our phones, only cammed using the laptop. "

You can both cam and view x

North Leeds

"Sorry, not great with tech, is this about just being able to view the people on cams in the chat or can you actually cam yourself using your phone?

We've never been able to do that from the site when on our phones, only cammed using the laptop.

You can both cam and view x"

OK that would make life easier!

It will be from an Android phone not an Iphone so what browser will be best for that if the Puffin one is stopping?

Do we need to install anything like you do on the laptop with flash player?

Durham

It will be from an Android phone not an Iphone so what browser will be best for that if the Puffin one is stopping?

Do we need to install anything like you do on the laptop with flash player? "

Its only on apple that support is stopping. Android is fine. Just install the puffin browser then access the site via the desktop site not the mobile one then you are good to go

North Leeds

Its only on apple that support is stopping. Android is fine. Just install the puffin browser then access the site via the desktop site not the mobile one then you are good to go"

But is Puffin not finishing? I tried on Firefox but it didn't work.

Durham

Its only on apple that support is stopping. Android is fine. Just install the puffin browser then access the site via the desktop site not the mobile one then you are good to go

But is Puffin not finishing? I tried on Firefox but it didn't work. "

Puffin replaces firefox it is a browser.

By *arolxxpaulCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

puffin as now stopped working all together now gutted cos id rather use ipad than phone

By *arolxxpaulCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

is there anyone who as used phantom on ipad air ? does it work your cam? thought i would find out here before buying it x

By *cobMan  over a year ago

here

Does anyone know of a browser that bypasses parental controls on a phone? Puffin used to allow me to browse all on my phone that has got parental controls on

Durham

"Does anyone know of a browser that bypasses parental controls on a phone? Puffin used to allow me to browse all on my phone that has got parental controls on"

Pretty much any vpn will allow you to do that. The opera browser has one built in i think.

» Add a new message to this topic