FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Has anyones webcam stopped working in chat recently?

Has anyones webcam stopped working in chat recently?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Happy Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

Friday evening I found my webcam has stopped working in the chat rooms. I no longer have the option to switch my webcam on. It was working on Thursday night.

Also if I look at somebodies webcam I get no picture but do get sound.

I tried a lot of things to try and fix it but got nowhere.

I then took the bullet and reinstalled the latest version of Windows 10.

I still have the same issue in the chat rooms. I have no option to turn my cam on and looking at other peoples webcams I get no picture but do get sound.

I have tried it in firefox, chrome and edge. I have flash set to always activate.

I know my webcam is still working as I have used it in Skype, used it on a website to take a video and used it on a website to take a photo. So far it only seems to be fab chat I am having an issue with.

Has anybody else suddenly got webcam issues in the chat rooms?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Merseyside

Actually, I was slightly wrong

Firefox = I cannot broadcast my webcam. I cannot view other peoples webcam but can hear their audio.

Chrome = I cannot broadcast my webcam. I can view other peoples webcam but cannot hear their audio.

Edge = I cannot broadcast my webcam. I can view other peoples webcam but cannot hear their audio.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Try Puffin or Safari as its probably a browser issue. X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

click the padlock in the address bar then in dropdown menu change flash settings to allow. reload the page it should be ok

By *radsweetMan  over a year ago

Southwell

I have the same problem with Firefox, Edge and Chrome, seems to coincide with my applying Windows 10 feature upgrade 1903 on July 11th.

Turning off Kaspersky Total Security makes no difference

It does work with the Puffin browser.

By *esley_CTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It doesn't matter if you have Flash activated - you have to allow permission each time you use the site... Click on the padlock symbol - allow cam, mic and flash then reload page!

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

From Chromium dot org

"Flash Disabled by Default (Target: Chrome 76+ - July 2019)

Flash will be disabled by default, but can be enabled in Settings at which point explicit permission is still required for each site when the browser is restarted.

Rationale

Require affirmative user choice to run Flash Player.

Flash Support Removed from Chromium (Target: Chrome 87+ - Dec 2020)

Summary

Flash support/ capability will be removed from Chromium.

Rationale

Align with Adobe's announced plan to end support."

If I remember the same is true from FireFox 69.

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

I along with thousands of others are having issues with communication currently. This is no coincidence, this is directly relative to planet mercury being retrograde or going backwards. Dont dismiss the effect of the planets or the cosmos this is a very real effect on everything. This is not a joke or a wind up I assure you.

By *onfucious Bob 2Man  over a year ago

bristol

I use edge browser and generaly ok but at times it just not click on. Everything same always. Click on allow but start vcan does not allow me to click it on. Might try puffin seems to be popular

Merseyside

I have got my cam working again but only in Google Chrome. I have to change settings each time I go in chat for the first time. Then I have to close chat and re-open it. It's a bit of pain but at least it's working.

The sooner flash dies off the better.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Trouble here too with chrome (including the whole flash settings shenanigans) and firefox.

Unbelievably, when I use cam/chat I've resorted to ie - yes, that's right, ie and it works just fine in there.

By *eoff2000Man  over a year ago

Ferndown

There is some very good advice here to overcome the problem of not being able to cam in a chat room. Sorry if i am repeating other peoples advice but hopefully this is a simple step by step guide:

1. Select chat room

2. Select black padlock top left

3. Beside "Flash" select "allow"

If flash does not appear go down to settings on the same menu, and you will find it there.

4. After item 3, move the cursor away from the that menu box into the middle of the general screen and press return.that menu will disappear

5. Select reload that sits in a blue icon at the top of the page

6. You can now select cam from the top right hand box. Best to select

"Above not working? Click here"

7. Select "allow"

8. Your cam has opened and you will see your beautiful naked body!

Hey presto.

my cam works fine in chat until I enter a room then runs very slow and keeps freezing any ideas how to sort please

mine is fine cammed in chat from the garden this morning all ok , camera and sound, not so good was a nosy neighbour from the bedroom window whom I had not noticed, anyway no complaints so I am ok.

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

By *ea_CoffeeCouple  over a year ago

Near Kettering

We are having the same problem as many on here appear to be having.

When loading the chat using Firefox (our default browser) all we can see where our cam and other users cams should be is a blank white screen with no other options or links to activate the camera.

We tried the sugestions listed in this topic above but have had no luck in solving the problem.

We asked other user's if they could see us and 2 diffrent users said yes so the cam was working.

Only thing that works for us is to use Microsoft Edge.

I have to give permision each time I want use the cam but that's not problem.

We would really appreciate a fix for Firefox if someone finds one.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I gave up camming on my laptop due to the flash issue, became more hassle than enough.

Generally compared to other sites ie Periscope the cam quality is shocking, hazy dark frame by frame...1930 tv quality

Edinburgh

It will be interesting to see what the site owners do when Flash becomes obsolete next year...

"It doesn't matter if you have Flash activated - you have to allow permission each time you use the site... Click on the padlock symbol - allow cam, mic and flash then reload page!"

I agree with this except for 1 thing that I have to refresh the site twice for some reason before it recognises the cam. Have you tried that in chrome.

By *urreyloverMan  over a year ago

Guildford

I use firefox. I have no problems seeing or broadcasting cam when using a different site but it resolutely fails on Fab, even with Flash set to always activate. I've tried other browsers but no satisfaction. The sooner Fab uses html5 the better.

Edinburgh

"I use firefox. I have no problems seeing or broadcasting cam when using a different site but it resolutely fails on Fab, even with Flash set to always activate. I've tried other browsers but no satisfaction. The sooner Fab uses html5 the better. "

When you allow Flash in Chrome it presents you with a "Reload" button - I've found it's better just to click the refresh button on the address bar!

By *arolxxpaulCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

funny enough iv been getting the message every day from chrome saying flash will be no longer from december but iv been using cam all night and worked fine now its saying no cm detected iv done the usual of allowing it but nothing better give firefox a go tomorrow

» Add a new message to this topic