FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Using iPads

Using iPads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there a fix so we are able to view cams in a chat room when using a iPad? Or be able to use the camera facing you on a iPad as well to allow users to see us?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

IPads do not support flash.....cams work on flash....

So...no

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Think some people have got cams working on ipad using different browsers, have a search through the forum for more info.

Admin x

By *l coupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Theres an ipad app called photon that kinda does it, but it aint great.

I swifter works fine I have it on mine

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

there is talks between apple and adobe at mo about gettin some sort of android flash for the ipads

"there is talks between apple and adobe at mo about gettin some sort of android flash for the ipads"

I would very surprised if Apple allowed Flash on its IOS devices. Apple's opinion was that Adobe Flash was memory intensive and the cause of system crashes and that HTML5 was the future. Adobe themselves have also stated that they will not be updating Adobe Flash for mobile devices.

The Android OS was developed by Google and its likely that Flash will be dropped from this platform at some time.

The PC market is falling and the take up on mobile devices is growing at a fast rate and developers need to update their applications etc. This applies to FabSwingers who at some time will need to ensure that their chat rooms are not flash dependent.

"Is there a fix so we are able to view cams in a chat room when using a iPad? Or be able to use the camera facing you on a iPad as well to allow users to see us?"

there is an app called iswifter, guess its £0.99 or something...you can watch the cams and chat, but you cant broadcast your video..

however, there are lots of glitches too..sometimes or rather most of the times, the scroll doesnt work, which means you get to see only first 20 or so members, which is frustrating...

I hate apple for being such a jerks for not allowing flash, etc or inventing something of their own like flash and include in Ipad, even for a cost

By *uteguy06Man  over a year ago

Swindon

Skydive is an Internet browser app created so that you can use flash on iPad.

Google 'Skyfire for iPad' and all will be explained.

"Skydive is an Internet browser app created so that you can use flash on iPad.

Google 'Skyfire for iPad' and all will be explained."

have you used skyfire for browsing fabswingers chat rooms ?....does it allow you to stream your own video and allows to watch others cam ??....

its bit expensive, so just wanted to be sure before i pay for it..

By *uteguy06Man  over a year ago

Swindon

No I have not used myself, but I'm sure you will be able to view other people's cam's when in the chat room but I'm not sure about streaming from the built in cam, don't see why any reads on why you shouldn't.

By *iandsylviaCouple  over a year ago

Ely

"Is there a fix so we are able to view cams in a chat room when using a iPad? Or be able to use the camera facing you on a iPad as well to allow users to see us?

there is an app called iswifter, guess its £0.99 or something...you can watch the cams and chat, but you cant broadcast your video..

however, there are lots of glitches too..sometimes or rather most of the times, the scroll doesnt work, which means you get to see only first 20 or so members, which is frustrating...

I hate apple for being such a jerks for not allowing flash, etc or inventing something of their own like flash and include in Ipad, even for a cost"

You can scroll, but you have to do it using two fingers at the same time xx

"I hate apple for being such a jerks for not allowing flash, etc or inventing something of their own like flash and include in Ipad, even for a cost"

Apple uses HTML5 which will supercede Flash because its specifically designed to be used on low power, hand held devices such as smart phones and tablets.

The reason Apple doesn't use Flash for their mobile devices are 1) security, as Flash is a third party plug-in and therefor open to abuse. 2) Power, Flash is a hideous drain on memory and battery power 3) Its shit.

Flash was originally meant for use on a desktop PC and mouse, not small touch screens. Web designers have been trying to get away from using flash for years but until now with HTML5, there was no alternative but Flash is disappearing from new websites faster than a cock in a cold shower and its maybe something the Fab Mods should look at (if they haven't already) because with over 40% of people using mobile devices as the only place they view the web, the current site is going to become clunky and outdated fairly soon.

Sorry for the geek-out

"I hate apple for being such a jerks for not allowing flash, etc or inventing something of their own like flash and include in Ipad, even for a cost

Apple uses HTML5 which will supercede Flash because its specifically designed to be used on low power, hand held devices such as smart phones and tablets.

The reason Apple doesn't use Flash for their mobile devices are 1) security, as Flash is a third party plug-in and therefor open to abuse. 2) Power, Flash is a hideous drain on memory and battery power 3) Its shit.

Flash was originally meant for use on a desktop PC and mouse, not small touch screens. Web designers have been trying to get away from using flash for years but until now with HTML5, there was no alternative but Flash is disappearing from new websites faster than a cock in a cold shower and its maybe something the Fab Mods should look at (if they haven't already) because with over 40% of people using mobile devices as the only place they view the web, the current site is going to become clunky and outdated fairly soon.

Sorry for the geek-out "

thanks for the very precise response....as you said, we too hope the admin will look into this aspect..we wouldnt mind paying little bit extra for availing this service

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I hate apple for being such a jerks for not allowing flash, etc or inventing something of their own like flash and include in Ipad, even for a cost

Sorry for the geek-out "

There's a fourth reason as well which is laid out in the recent Steve Jobs biography. He fell out with Adobe when he first launched the Macintosh back in the 80's and Adobe refused to develop software for it (when they were big and apple was tiny).

Roll on 20 years. When they came begging to be allowed to do flash for iOS devices, he didn't allow it as a "f-you" to them.

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic