FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > cam not working in chat

cam not working in chat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

my cam microsoft lifecam vx-3000 has decided not to work in the chat room. i am useing google crome browser. the picture is showing but it frezzes as soon as it appears can anyone help.

thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

i have the same cam,,quick fix,uninstall all software and then plug in cam,,dont install software for it

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanks for that. but it didnt work anymore suggestions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we have the same thing wit our cam m8,if u find out how to get it workin please let us no thanks

I have the same cam as the OP and I'm having the same problem. The problems started at the end of the week after a flash update.

Don't know if it will help you hun, but i have this problem from google chrome, i just can't get my cam to come on in the room. As soon as i use Mozilla firefox it works perfectly! Go figure

"Don't know if it will help you hun, but i have this problem from google chrome, i just can't get my cam to come on in the room. As soon as i use Mozilla firefox it works perfectly! Go figure "

Its Firefox i use which isn't working, also IE doesn't work.

Think I'll go down the route of installing Google Chrome

Thanks for your help.

By *uddsWoman  over a year ago

st athans

"my cam microsoft lifecam vx-3000 has decided not to work in the chat room. i am useing google crome browser. the picture is showing but it frezzes as soon as it appears can anyone help.

thanks"

i have found that doing a system restore back to last thursday has restored the use of my cam,i had same problem as you-it is now working as it should,hope this works for you too

tullamore

"thanks for that. but it didnt work anymore suggestions

"

dam,,ok i just bought a vx 5000 today when it arrives il see if it causes similar probs,, il look into it again,,but mine works fine with screen resolution down to lifecam stats

tullamore

iv just installed the vx5000 on my other pc,will be on that later today with cam and will see how it works,,and if it doesnt will post how to get it working

By *0rnyassMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Hi all ... Having the exact same problem so have tried all of the above !!!

I've just uninstalled my cam ( its a cheap mikomi one) reinstalled and no change on Google chrome !!!! Having had prevoius trouble with IE dont really use that much for Fab but..... Just tried it and worked perfect ??????

Strange but true lol

Good luck

I still can't use my cam in the chatroom. Tried it with IE, Firefox and Chrome and not one works.

It must be a Flash issue as it doesn't work in other flash based chatrooms.

Tried deleting and reinstalling my cam software and Flash Player without any success.

Mad

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Is your Flash up to date?

"Try right-clicking on your own cam and select "About Adobe Flash Player nn.n.nnn.nnn". This will open http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ which will tell you which version you have and which version is the latest for your OS/Browser. The page has a link to the Download Center.

If you are using Chrome, and your version is shown as being older than the current version, click on the spanner to the right of your Address Bar and select "About Google Chrome". This will open the About splash screen. At the bottom of this you will see "Checking for updates" followed by "Installing new version". This may take some time and you may be asked to relaunch Chrome."

"Is your Flash up to date?

Try right-clicking on your own cam and select "About Adobe Flash Player nn.n.nnn.nnn". This will open http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ which will tell you which version you have and which version is the latest for your OS/Browser. The page has a link to the Download Center.

If you are using Chrome, and your version is shown as being older than the current version, click on the spanner to the right of your Address Bar and select "About Google Chrome". This will open the About splash screen. At the bottom of this you will see "Checking for updates" followed by "Installing new version". This may take some time and you may be asked to relaunch Chrome."

Just tried the above, sorry did'nt work for us, think we're doomed never to see cams working ever again

I finally got mine working.

Uninstall Flash Player then reinstall the previous version 10.1 from the archive section on the Adobe website.

Only works on IE and Firefox as Chrome has the current version built into its browser. It seems that the current version may be buggy.

Can get my willy out again

"I finally got mine working.

Uninstall Flash Player then reinstall the previous version 10.1 from the archive section on the Adobe website.

Only works on IE and Firefox as Chrome has the current version built into its browser. It seems that the current version may be buggy.

Can get my willy out again "

Off to give that a go, then maybe I might be able to see lol

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Right solution time as it was driving me bonkers today!

In the address bar of google chrome type

chrome://plugins/

Scroll down to Flash files

Disable all the versions which are 11. and newer

Uninstall current flash using Start, set program access and defaults,

Download and install from adobe the 10,3,183,18 keep unzipping the files it sends you until you can use the auto installer, I tried about 7 times before it worked.

Get camming again woohooo

By *chnorbitzCouple  over a year ago

Harrogate/Ripley

Thank heavens just not me. It is just in chat on Fab and SH my cam works ok on Skype and MSN Messenger.

Have uninstalled Adobe Flash and my cam and re-installed but pic is still either frozen or just a black screen in the chatrooms

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

"Thank heavens just not me. It is just in chat on Fab and SH my cam works ok on Skype and MSN Messenger.

Have uninstalled Adobe Flash and my cam and re-installed but pic is still either frozen or just a black screen in the chatrooms"

Did you intall the old version and force your browser to use it? See above.

Harrogate/Ripley

Have printed the details out will try in the morning

Harrogate/Ripley

Have tried everything nothing works for me anyone computer literate want to come sort this out for us???

hi i have an acer aspire lappy if i use google chrome it wont work it wont let me click allow cam but does in internet explorer however that keeps crashing on fab

By *EEPESTDESIRES1Couple  over a year ago

KINGS LYNN

TIS AN ADOBE UPDATE THAT YOU POSS INSTALLED FOLKS CAUSIN THE PROB

would that also happen as i just bought a new lappy so i haven't installed or updated anything

Harrogate/Ripley

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyy at least got one cam back up and working. I went straight to Trust web site and downloaded the software again and that solved it so went to Microsoft and downloaded software for m y Microsoft LifeCam but still having same problems pic shows up but frozen. But at least I have one working Yippeeeeeeeeeeee

» Add a new message to this topic