FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Tablets with external cams

Tablets with external cams

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone advise us on a budget tablet that we can add an external cam to

With this self isolation and unable to meet sweet is keen to go back on cam,but we haven't done so since we binned our desktop pc.

The tablets we use, Amazon fire,the camera can't be used in chatrooms and they don't support external cameras.

Any advice would be welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's possible to use Android devices as cams via apps like DroidCam (available free in the play store) - if you have two Android devices between you, you may be able to set one as the fab device then the other as your cam.

It can be a bit fiddly, and I've never used it for Fab, but it's worked for me when streaming other content and needing two cams. Haven't used it in a couple of years though, but still worth a Google probably

Amazon don't seem to recognise that app,or allow it,but will see what I can access

Appreciate your advice

Ah apologies, but yeah Google around and you may find a similar solution; YouTube will probably have a guide.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Can anyone advise us on a budget tablet that we can add an external cam to

With this self isolation and unable to meet sweet is keen to go back on cam,but we haven't done so since we binned our desktop pc.

The tablets we use, Amazon fire,the camera can't be used in chatrooms and they don't support external cameras.

Any advice would be welcome"

No tablets work natively in the chatrooms on here. You can broadcast your cam using the puffin browser, not perfect but it works. Unfortunately not easy to install on a amazon fire as it has no play store. A cheap laptop or chrome book probably better.

"Can anyone advise us on a budget tablet that we can add an external cam to

Any advice would be welcome

No tablets work natively in the chatrooms on here. You can broadcast your cam using the puffin browser, not perfect but it works. Unfortunately not easy to install on a amazon fire as it has no play store. A cheap laptop or chrome book probably better."

Thanks

There's a great iOS and Android app called Presence which will convert an old phone or tablet into a remote camera. Don't think you'd be able to hook it up to the chat rooms but you could give out the link to it to whoever you want to and they can view it.

No idea if it would work with Amazon Tablet though, sorry.

By *iscfun2012Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

It is possible to put the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire tablet - we have done this ourselves. Can't recall the details but you should be able to find them by Googling "Play Store for Fire Tablet". Hopefully you can then find an appropriate app that will work for you.

"It is possible to put the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire tablet - we have done this ourselves. Can't recall the details but you should be able to find them by Googling "Play Store for Fire Tablet". Hopefully you can then find an appropriate app that will work for you."

Thanks

By *handi83Man  over a year ago

Right here

My iPad Pro with Puffin works a treat with the chat rooms and camera etc.

You have to pay for Puffin though... other than that as above a little netbook would work just as well and wouldn’t cost the earth.

All sorted, thankyou everyone

"My iPad Pro with Puffin works a treat with the chat rooms and camera etc.

You have to pay for Puffin though... other than that as above a little netbook would work just as well and wouldn’t cost the earth. "

hi ,have you tried it on I phone? reluctant to pay for puffin app and find it doesn’t work.

By *uts123Man  over a year ago

Nr Ipswich

"All sorted, thankyou everyone"

Great you have sorted it. Would you be able to let everyone know what you did so others in the same position can possibly use your work around

"All sorted, thankyou everyone

Great you have sorted it. Would you be able to let everyone know what you did so others in the same position can possibly use your work around "

I took the advice someone had given here,hunted out an old note book,deleted everything I didn't need on it and used that.

It's not the quickest but it does not he trick

By *uts123Man  over a year ago

Nr Ipswich

"All sorted, thankyou everyone

Great you have sorted it. Would you be able to let everyone know what you did so others in the same position can possibly use your work around

I took the advice someone had given here,hunted out an old note book,deleted everything I didn't need on it and used that.

It's not the quickest but it does not he trick "

» Add a new message to this topic