FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Aurora festival ??

Aurora festival ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eaniegg OP   Man  over a year ago

UXBRIDGE

just putting it out there.. I have paid to go to Aurora festival in July.. over £400.00 for tents .. Jacuzzis etc.. if it doesn't go ahead will I get my money back bit like the plane situation ATM .. wait till THEY cancel then I can claim.. any thoughts on this seanie ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I am sure there are details on their main website or alternatively, you can contact the directly on here to ask from the horses mouth rather than getting secondary info? Always best to get the info first hand I think x

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

It has been cancelled, about the same time Glastonbury was, they should have emailed you and asked you if you wanted a refund or to be rolled over to next year.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

Did you pay with a credit card? You can claim off that if all else fails

UXBRIDGE

thank you guys.. I think I will get a refund TBH .. we all need the money ATM thank you for your input.. gutted though gggrrr

UXBRIDGE

yes always pay by card .. also top tip .. I always ring the hotel I book personally . this way I think im right in saying that if they have to refund me tor anything un towards it can be payed back to me direct without the hassle of an intermediary company getting involved .. think I said that right .. your thoughts ?

By *igboy and bi babesCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

I had the email and requested a refund 4 weeks ago, I was advised that I should receive the refund within 1 week, this never arrived. I contacted the organiser and received a response 4 days later advising that by yesterday I should be able to request the refund through Eventbrite. I have checked and there is nowhere that this can be done. I have messaged Eventbrite support who advised that if the refund option isn’t available then contact the organiser. I feel that they do not have the money to refund any payments and are passing everything to Eventbrite. We have requested a refund through my credit card but have been advised that this can take up to 2 months. I hope this helps or though it wont much. The organisers also arrange the Gloucester social which we have attended for the past 2 years, however we will no longer be attending when this pandemic is over.

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

"I had the email and requested a refund 4 weeks ago, I was advised that I should receive the refund within 1 week, this never arrived. I contacted the organiser and received a response 4 days later advising that by yesterday I should be able to request the refund through Eventbrite. I have checked and there is nowhere that this can be done. I have messaged Eventbrite support who advised that if the refund option isn’t available then contact the organiser. I feel that they do not have the money to refund any payments and are passing everything to Eventbrite. We have requested a refund through my credit card but have been advised that this can take up to 2 months. I hope this helps or though it wont much. The organisers also arrange the Gloucester social which we have attended for the past 2 years, however we will no longer be attending when this pandemic is over."

Have pm'd you

By *haggy2001Couple  over a year ago

Driffield

Hi we are in the same situation as bigboy and Angie, sent the same emails and had exactly the same answers. Seems a shame that these companies and event organisers are quick to take payment but not so quick to refund.

By *andrxCouple  over a year ago

bedford

Hi all, by now everyone should have ad an email stating the event was cancelled and refunds were being offered , if you don't claim by 31st of May then your tickets will automatically be transferred to Aurora 2022.

We requested a refund and it was in our account within 5 days .

X

By *andrxCouple  over a year ago

bedford

Correction 2021

X

nr beauly

[Removed by poster at 19/04/20 14:44:44]

nr beauly

"Hi we are in the same situation as bigboy and Angie, sent the same emails and had exactly the same answers. Seems a shame that these companies and event organisers are quick to take payment but not so quick to refund."

Hi Angie,

We are all in the same boat at the moment. Refunds are being dealt with, albeit slowly. If we could refund money as quickly as you paid us for it, (we didn't 'take it') we would be really happy, unfortunately, Eventbrite have the money and are slow to respond. We are doing everything we can to move things along but we are in their hands. If anyone has an issue, please email us directly, instead of on the forum. Many thanks, The Aurora Team xx

By *URORA FESTIVALCouple  over a year ago

coleford

To address some issues , questions and apologise for the delays...... .

As you may or may not know, all our tickets are managed by Eventbrite , who are the worlds biggest event site . We specifically chose them because they offer security for our customers money and we made a commitment to everybody 3 years ago when the press forced the event to cancel for one year , and NOW , in the middle of a worldwide pandemic , that the ONLY people at risk financially, was US .

We are genuinely working flat out to ensure all refunds (the majority have transferred to 2021) are paid, but we underestimated how long it may take Eventbrite to clear the funds after we sent them (as a U.S. company we had to send monies via international banking) so we now expect that cleared funds will be in our control this week . Being honest , we could have bypassed this slow process but customers would then have lost the Eventbrite booking fees and this, in our view wasn’t acceptable .

As a group of volunteers, we have tried our very best and will ensure all those awaiting a refund WILL receive this in the coming few days .

Finally, for all those lovely messages of support we have received during this crisis we all say THANKYOU from the bottom of our hearts .

We look forward to seeing you all next year when we can have an amazing weekend , in the meantime stay safe and where possible, stay home xxxx

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

You hard working people stay safe too, thank you for all the hard work over the last couple of years I have attended and I look forward with great excitement to attending 2021.

By *inkybabe1109Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Fantastic team and we all will be supporting you now and next year. Back next year Bigger and better thanks to you and the team. We look forward to another fantastic event.

By *eau and ArrowCouple  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Thanks for the update, we would loved to have just rolled over to 2021 but can’t guarantee we will be available.

By *URORA FESTIVALCouple  over a year ago

coleford

"Fantastic team and we all will be supporting you now and next year. Back next year Bigger and better thanks to you and the team. We look forward to another fantastic event. "

Thankyou guys xxxx

Bromsgrove

So how is it going? Are the refunds starting to cone in for anyone?

Bromsgrove

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 13:39:31]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Thanks for the update, we would loved to have just rolled over to 2021 but can’t guarantee we will be available. "

Have you had your money back yet?

"just putting it out there.. I have paid to go to Aurora festival in July.. over £400.00 for tents .. Jacuzzis etc.. if it doesn't go ahead will I get my money back bit like the plane situation ATM .. wait till THEY cancel then I can claim.. any thoughts on this seanie ?? "

"Thanks for the update, we would loved to have just rolled over to 2021 but can’t guarantee we will be available.

Have you had your money back yet?"

We haven’t received the refund yet.

"Thanks for the update, we would loved to have just rolled over to 2021 but can’t guarantee we will be available.

We haven’t received the refund yet. "

That's a bit strange

That's a bit strange "

More disappointing than strange, we requested our refund 6 weeks ago.

Not a great first time experience from the festival, obviously the current situation isn’t good for anyone.

Swindon

That's a bit strange "

We still haven’t received ours and are getting different stories from Eventbrite and the organisers, now received an email from the organiser advising that they won’t reply until the refund has been sent. Anyone else having issues we would like to know how many although apparently 13 people have been refunded, so how many are still waiting?

That's a bit strange

We still haven’t received ours and are getting different stories from Eventbrite and the organisers, now received an email from the organiser advising that they won’t reply until the refund has been sent. Anyone else having issues we would like to know how many although apparently 13 people have been refunded, so how many are still waiting?"

It sounds like someone somewhere is being somewhat economical with the truth.

By *iocaMan  over a year ago

Hitchin, Stevenage area.

Well, I for one am rolling over until the next Swingfest and cant wait until all this is over and have a blast again.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Well, I for one am rolling over until the next Swingfest and cant wait until all this is over and have a blast again."

Me too, with fairy lights, pink boas and loads of Glitter.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

I got my refund over the weekend, also had the same sort of delays in processing but tbf to the organisers have been super prompt with their communications to answer my queries.

Unfortunately it was a little far out to commit to next year but hopefully I’ll book a ticket for 2021 closer to the time.

By *edo CplCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is an unfortunate situation we all find ourselves in and we would love to be in the position to roll ours over to next year but unfortunately we can't for several reasons

We requested our refund on 18th March and received no response to this, on 3rd April we emailed again and asked if our request instruction had been received and got a reply to say it was and an apology for not responding to it stating they were having difficulties with Eventbrite

On 27th April we emailed again quoting their comments on this thread about hoping to be in control of the funds last week but the reply we got and I quote "That is right. I am working with Eventbrite to process your refund as quickly as possible. Unfortunately I cannot confirm a date for this"

This may or may not help others but posting our current process, I will allow a little more time as a matter of courtesy before resorting to involving our credit card provider if needed to resolve the situation

Swindon

As the organisers have refused to reply to any of my emails, hopefully they will respond here (doubt it) I have for the second time tried to request a refund via the Eventbrite request refund link and had the following message in red “The Operation Could Not Be Completed. EVENT_DOES_NOT_ALLOW_REFUND_REQUESTS. Please explain why? Also explain when refunds are actually going to be completed?

By *haggy2001Couple  over a year ago

Driffield

Hi ,asked for our refund the day it was officially cancelled, despite many emails nothing has been forthcoming. Still waiting and not happy.

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Same here, still waiting. have emailed again today

Ashford

"Same here, still waiting. have emailed again today "

I have just had a nice email from Deb they are clearly doing what they can in this unfortunate situation. Hoping to get this resolved soon.

Ashford

Got my refund today.

Sorry we couldn’t afford to roll our booking over to next year but as we all are feeling the pinch from Covid we needed the refund.

We still hope to be there next year thou x

nr beauly

"Got my refund today.

Sorry we couldn’t afford to roll our booking over to next year but as we all are feeling the pinch from Covid we needed the refund.

We still hope to be there next year thou x "

We understand and look forward to seeing you next year xx

Swindon

Was your refund through the organisers or Eventbrite (including booking fee) ?

By *olourful coupleCouple  over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"Well, I for one am rolling over until the next Swingfest and cant wait until all this is over and have a blast again.

Me too, with fairy lights, pink boas and loads of Glitter."

Us too.. with extra sparkly glitter and lots of colour xxx

By *andR777Couple  over a year ago

WESTON-SUPER-MARE

As event rite holds the money. Do you not think that things may take some time with the amount of events that would be needing refunding right now? I understand your refund is taking a long time but I have no doubt you will receive it.

Swindon

"As event rite holds the money. Do you not think that things may take some time with the amount of events that would be needing refunding right now? I understand your refund is taking a long time but I have no doubt you will receive it. "
. 10 weeks is way too long to wait to receive a refund, especially when you have been told so many jackonaries.

Swindon

Nearly 11 weeks after requesting a refund and I am still being told more porkie pies than in Melton Mowbray. I would never treat a customer like this as bad customer service is spread. Well 7 days to respond to my last message or I am starting legal action

By *uriousTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

We’ve rolled over.. hopefully see you all in 2021?!

Anyone up for naughty camping when safe to do so in 2020 though

By *inkybabe1109Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"We’ve rolled over.. hopefully see you all in 2021?!

Anyone up for naughty camping when safe to do so in 2020 though"

Always up for camping 2020

Aurora 2021 will be bigger and better than ever

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We have rolled our tickets over,

Looking forward to seeing all our friends from all over the country at the best lifestyle event in the UK.

Stay safe everyone.

Neil and Hayley xxx

Will need to buy tickets for next year please let us know when we can get tickets please xx

"We have rolled our tickets over,

Looking forward to seeing all our friends from all over the country at the best lifestyle event in the UK.

Stay safe everyone.

Neil and Hayley xxx "

Hope you sexy pair are both keeping well xx

By *exysnog58Man  over a year ago

Bristol

There’s a lot of org and set up charge. Been involved in free festivals. Not easy to break even. A lot of effort for others fun. Hope it survives. Not been yet tho

Swindon

Is anyone else still waiting for their refund?

By *ill4cherMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"as a U.S. company we had to send monies via international banking."

I find Transferwise is by far the quickest and cheapest way to send money overseas.

» Add a new message to this topic