FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Allowed to sunbathe

Allowed to sunbathe

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aidForSharing OP   Woman  over a year ago

Lancs

From tomorrow people will be allowed to sunbathe if they observe 6ft social distancing. Does that mean that Eureka and Rios can reopen?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

No

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can sunbathe in my back garden x

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

That's because summer is over now.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

The OP surely can’t be serious!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

hahahahahahahahahahaha

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

I’ll offer to rub in the lotion! ;p

Boris has timed it well as far as relaxing the sunbathing goes lol

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I’ll offer to rub in the lotion! ;p"

You need a 2 metre mop to social distance

"From tomorrow people will be allowed to sunbathe if they observe 6ft social distancing. Does that mean that Eureka and Rios can reopen?"

No no & no.

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

"I’ll offer to rub in the lotion! ;p

You need a 2 metre mop to social distance"

I’m not going to brag but....;) Oh sorry thought you meant 2mm! :0

By *rofessorJMan  over a year ago

near canterbury

I’m considering Shellness beach, Isle of Sheppey... I guess that would be allowed?

By *rviennaCouple  over a year ago

Kent

Think Eureka may be opening for exercise and outdoor relaxation from 15th May, only daytime

"I’ll offer to rub in the lotion! ;p"

Sound like the bad guy in Silence of The Lambs!

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Brighton nudist beach is open but beware of the covid shitting seagulls

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

I wonder, is Studland open

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"I wonder, is Studland open"

No need to wonder. Google it:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/place-pages/320/pages/opening-times-calendar

Important notice - Our car parks and toilets at Shell Bay and Knoll Beach will be open from 20 May. We have limited spaces, so if the car park is full please come back another time. All other facilities at Studland Bay will remain closed until further notice.

Eurekas are opening for outdoor sunbathing and exercise only, it’s a great idea and the way forward. Fair play to them. I’ll happily lay in a field away from everyone and chill naked

brighton

"Eurekas are opening for outdoor sunbathing and exercise only, it’s a great idea and the way forward. Fair play to them. I’ll happily lay in a field away from everyone and chill naked "

So you will have social distance wanking whilst watching couples sexercise

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"I wonder, is Studland open

No need to wonder. Google it:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/place-pages/320/pages/opening-times-calendar

Important notice - Our car parks and toilets at Shell Bay and Knoll Beach will be open from 20 May. We have limited spaces, so if the car park is full please come back another time. All other facilities at Studland Bay will remain closed until further notice.

"

I`m wondering if they have closed the track from the fire point? It is not a public ROW and as such NT can close it.

Lancs

"The OP surely can’t be serious! "

Not such a silly question after all then. Eureka is doing exactly what I asked. You made me feel stupid so maybe be a little less cutting in your forum responses

harrow

"The OP surely can’t be serious!

Not such a silly question after all then. Eureka is doing exactly what I asked. You made me feel stupid so maybe be a little less cutting in your forum responses"

Apologies but I honestly thought you were joking! So Eureka is re-opening ? When will that be ? Shocked that the local health authority is allowing it with social distancing regulations needing to be complied with i.e. Being allowed to see 1 person at a time who isn't from your household and only outside and being 2 metres part etc. a lot of common sense will be required!

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

There is nothing on their website about being open (still has the standard Covid-19 closure popup). Where did you hear/read that their grounds are open?

If people are sensible, I don't have any issue with it (much the same as sunbathing in a park albeit without clothes). Obviously other behaviours that would normally occur there, would be ill advised, but if only to lie in the sun, then that should be fine surely?

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Not such a silly question after all then. Eureka is doing exactly what I asked. You made me feel stupid so maybe be a little less cutting in your forum responses"

I’m not sure it’s you that’s stupid so much as Eurekas if they are indeed opening - so far it’s unofficial confirmation on here.

The government have advised that people can meet, sit & sunbathe in open public spaces, but you can’t visit people in their gardens.

If they do open, they are probably still in breach of the guidance and how do they prove that they they are only partially open to the authorities ... I think they’re in for a world of problems if they do!

By *rafficvanMan  over a year ago

Middletown

"The OP surely can’t be serious! "
i was thinking the same haha Idiots! Lockdown

Not such a silly question after all then. Eureka is doing exactly what I asked. You made me feel stupid so maybe be a little less cutting in your forum responses

I’m not sure it’s you that’s stupid so much as Eurekas if they are indeed opening - so far it’s unofficial confirmation on here.

The government have advised that people can meet, sit & sunbathe in open public spaces, but you can’t visit people in their gardens.

If they do open, they are probably still in breach of the guidance and how do they prove that they they are only partially open to the authorities ... I think they’re in for a world of problems if they do! "

It's on there own website and I'd call that official. I'm pretty sure the authorities will have something to say about it when they get wind of it. How you police 23 acres of land with a large proportion of woodland is beyond me.. personally I think it's highly selfish and shows serious disregard for health and safety. Of course you'd have to be pretty stupid to pay them to lay in a field when you can go to the beach for free! Lol

hiding from cock pics.

You need a 2 metre mop to social distance

I’m not going to brag but....;) Oh sorry thought you meant 2mm! :0"

That's not your mophead

hiding from cock pics.

I am really surprised to hear that Eurekas is allowed to open, I personally have no clue whether it's the right or wrong thing, but I am surprised to hear it's allowed to receive guests.

Lancs

They are open and I will be there every day next week. Look carefully at what you write. Eureka is an established club who have always done everything strictly by the book. It's hardly scientific, is it, to space sunbeds apart and have, as they do, a one way walking system. You are poisoning their reputation and calibre by calling them idiots.

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 12:50:26]

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

"They are open and I will be there every day next week. Look carefully at what you write. Eureka is an established club who have always done everything strictly by the book. It's hardly scientific, is it, to space sunbeds apart and have, as they do, a one way walking system. You are poisoning their reputation and calibre by calling them idiots."

Well said, we will be there too very soon

"They are open and I will be there every day next week. Look carefully at what you write. Eureka is an established club who have always done everything strictly by the book. It's hardly scientific, is it, to space sunbeds apart and have, as they do, a one way walking system. You are poisoning their reputation and calibre by calling them idiots."

The guidelines say you can go to a public space which means park, beauty spot or beach etc and one person from one house is allowed to meet one other person from another household whilst abiding by social distancing rules. I'm pretty sure the rules don't say going to a swingers club/naturist venue where you can meet anyone from any number of households is acceptable or allowed. And I don't call that abiding by the rules. If my local pub isn't allowed to open there beer garden then Eureka aren't allowed to either. Of course in the end the authorities will deal with it and those that attend will have to live with there own conscience if they actually have one in the first place.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

"

The guidelines say you can go to a public space which means park, beauty spot or beach etc and one person from one house is allowed to meet one other person from another household whilst abiding by social distancing rules. I'm pretty sure the rules don't say going to a swingers club/naturist venue where you can meet anyone from any number of households is acceptable or allowed. And I don't call that abiding by the rules. If my local pub isn't allowed to open there beer garden then Eureka aren't allowed to either. Of course in the end the authorities will deal with it and those that attend will have to live with there own conscience if they actually have one in the first place."

Eurekas by day, without the clubhouse being open, is predominantly for naturists rather than swingers. There's likely to be less people there than over the equivalent space in your local park. They have toilet facilities that allow for separate exits/entrances and plenty of space to have one direction walkways around the grounds.

Personally I'd feel perfectly comfortable to be sunbathing and enjoying the fresh air there. I can't see any issues with it myself and will probably head down there to enjoy the nice weather in the buff at some point.

As with most things in life, if you don't like it, don't do it

By *ay68Man  over a year ago

London

I agree. Try not to be put off by the anmoying minority who take pleasure in calling everyone "stupid, thick, moronic, idiots" if

you dare to express an opinion that they don't agree with.

Lancs

One of the great joys of Fab is the intelligent discourse that often takes place in the forums. I've learnt so much about so many subjects. But it has its trolls. These people are vicious and nasty minded; they seem determined not to move from their original judgemental stance and appear to take pleasure in abusing anyone who says anything.

"One of the great joys of Fab is the intelligent discourse that often takes place in the forums. I've learnt so much about so many subjects. But it has its trolls. These people are vicious and nasty minded; they seem determined not to move from their original judgemental stance and appear to take pleasure in abusing anyone who says anything. "

There are many on these forums like that, get off on being nasty, laughable really.

I shall also be at Eurekas, it’s a fantastic idea to open the fields, where I can chill quietly , and at a safe distance

By *aturally sexyCouple  over a year ago

watford

"

Eurekas by day, without the clubhouse being open, is predominantly for naturists rather than swingers. There's likely to be less people there than over the equivalent space in your local park. They have toilet facilities that allow for separate exits/entrances and plenty of space to have one direction walkways around the grounds.

Personally I'd feel perfectly comfortable to be sunbathing and enjoying the fresh air there. I can't see any issues with it myself and will probably head down there to enjoy the nice weather in the buff at some point.

As with most things in life, if you don't like it, don't do it "

Wirral

"They are open and I will be there every day next week. Look carefully at what you write. Eureka is an established club who have always done everything strictly by the book. It's hardly scientific, is it, to space sunbeds apart and have, as they do, a one way walking system. You are poisoning their reputation and calibre by calling them idiots.

The guidelines say you can go to a public space which means park, beauty spot or beach etc and one person from one house is allowed to meet one other person from another household whilst abiding by social distancing rules. I'm pretty sure the rules don't say going to a swingers club/naturist venue where you can meet anyone from any number of households is acceptable or allowed. And I don't call that abiding by the rules. If my local pub isn't allowed to open there beer garden then Eureka aren't allowed to either. Of course in the end the authorities will deal with it and those that attend will have to live with there own conscience if they actually have one in the first place."

Absolutely this! I’ve been to a park local to me for a picnic with my best friend today. There were 4 or 5 small groups going the same, a couple of families kicking a ball and the odd dog walker. No one other than my friend (2m apart) came within 50 foot of me.

Opening a private facility to paying customers, who will be using the shared facilities there (Presumably not closed & fully disinfected after every user) is not anywhere in the government guidance. Regardless of the size of the space.

If it was, pubs would be opening the length & breadth of the country for table service only in socially distanced beer gardens.

You might not like the fact that people are calling it idiotic OP. I’d say idiotic is erring on the gentle side.

Let’s hope for the wider swinging / club community that this doesn’t blow up in their faces!

Oh, and someone with a different opinion is not a troll

Lancs

That's it. Kids are going back to school. Workers crowding into tubes. Keep up. Funny how Eureka have been granted permission. Which they asked for. As I said, people on here who don't read, develop and modify their original stance regardless of the contributions submitted by forum readers. A troll insults. People on here have done this to Eureka.

harrow

"They are open and I will be there every day next week. Look carefully at what you write. Eureka is an established club who have always done everything strictly by the book. It's hardly scientific, is it, to space sunbeds apart and have, as they do, a one way walking system. You are poisoning their reputation and calibre by calling them idiots.

The guidelines say you can go to a public space which means park, beauty spot or beach etc and one person from one house is allowed to meet one other person from another household whilst abiding by social distancing rules. I'm pretty sure the rules don't say going to a swingers club/naturist venue where you can meet anyone from any number of households is acceptable or allowed. And I don't call that abiding by the rules. If my local pub isn't allowed to open there beer garden then Eureka aren't allowed to either. Of course in the end the authorities will deal with it and those that attend will have to live with there own conscience if they actually have one in the first place.

Absolutely this! I’ve been to a park local to me for a picnic with my best friend today. There were 4 or 5 small groups going the same, a couple of families kicking a ball and the odd dog walker. No one other than my friend (2m apart) came within 50 foot of me.

Opening a private facility to paying customers, who will be using the shared facilities there (Presumably not closed & fully disinfected after every user) is not anywhere in the government guidance. Regardless of the size of the space.

If it was, pubs would be opening the length & breadth of the country for table service only in socially distanced beer gardens.

You might not like the fact that people are calling it idiotic OP. I’d say idiotic is erring on the gentle side.

Let’s hope for the wider swinging / club community that this doesn’t blow up in their faces!

Oh, and someone with a different opinion is not a troll "

Absolutely agree with you. Where does it say in the government guidelines that this is permitted?!

People have the right, of course, to go but it seems incredible that they are opening !

Wirral

"That's it. Kids are going back to school. Workers crowding into tubes. Keep up. Funny how Eureka have been granted permission. Which they asked for. As I said, people on here who don't read, develop and modify their original stance regardless of the contributions submitted by forum readers. A troll insults. People on here have done this to Eureka."

No. A troll attacks people for fun simply to get a reaction.

I’m stating my opinion. If Eurekas have permission, why are they not advertising this everywhere? I’d assume it’s because they haven’t asked, they’ve just made a decision.

Kids are not going back to school. A small number will be returning in a few weeks. Can’t comment on the tube, but TFL’s official figures seem to disagree with you there.

Nothing in the hospitality industry is opening until phase 3 which won’t be until after 4th July - and even then, it’s limited, with increased restrictions. So I’m at a loss to see how Eurekas have got any kind of permission.

Happy for them to prove me wrong if they do though. Until they do, I won’t be changing my opinion.

Based on the information in this document. P33/34

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884760/Our_plan_to_rebuild_The_UK_Government_s_COVID-19_recovery_strategy.pdf

harrow

"That's it. Kids are going back to school. Workers crowding into tubes. Keep up. Funny how Eureka have been granted permission. Which they asked for. As I said, people on here who don't read, develop and modify their original stance regardless of the contributions submitted by forum readers. A troll insults. People on here have done this to Eureka.

No. A troll attacks people for fun simply to get a reaction.

I’m stating my opinion. If Eurekas have permission, why are they not advertising this everywhere? I’d assume it’s because they haven’t asked, they’ve just made a decision.

Kids are not going back to school. A small number will be returning in a few weeks. Can’t comment on the tube, but TFL’s official figures seem to disagree with you there.

Nothing in the hospitality industry is opening until phase 3 which won’t be until after 4th July - and even then, it’s limited, with increased restrictions. So I’m at a loss to see how Eurekas have got any kind of permission.

Happy for them to prove me wrong if they do though. Until they do, I won’t be changing my opinion.

Based on the information in this document. P33/34

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884760/Our_plan_to_rebuild_The_UK_Government_s_COVID-19_recovery_strategy.pdf

"

They are now saying in their website - " opening for al fresco food, drink and members daily exercise Monday to Sunday 10am-4pm. Strict social distancing will be in place". So are they the 1st place within the hospitality industry in the UK to open ahead of a July 4th announcement? If so, how have they managed it?!

Lancs

That's a proper question! I have already said that they are spacing the sunbeds and operating a one way walking system for those who wish to walk. This has been done in consultation with the council. I for one am looking forward to sunbathing in a safe and secure environment. Much rather Eureka than any park or beach, where the public roam freely.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Their website says "opening" but there is no date. Could mean opening in July or even next year.

London

It's already in place.

Serving food and drink outside is no different from the hundreds of bars and pubs doing takeaway services from hatches and windows across the UK.

The place is all outdoors - the indoor spaces are not open.

Just don't go if you don't agree with it. It's really not rocket science.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Wish it was closer. Whilst I like laying out in my fields being around others even at a social distancing level would be nice.

harrow

"That's a proper question! I have already said that they are spacing the sunbeds and operating a one way walking system for those who wish to walk. This has been done in consultation with the council. I for one am looking forward to sunbathing in a safe and secure environment. Much rather Eureka than any park or beach, where the public roam freely."

Will playing be allowed? I mean just with ones own partner of course

Wirral

"It's already in place.

Serving food and drink outside is no different from the hundreds of bars and pubs doing takeaway services from hatches and windows across the UK.

The place is all outdoors - the indoor spaces are not open.

Just don't go if you don't agree with it. It's really not rocket science."

Except pubs aren’t selling for people to sit in the beer gardens, or restaurants setting up outdoor tables & serving customers.

Takeaway sales are intended to sell goods & customers to then leave the premises (known as ‘off sales’). It’s no different than buying beer in a supermarket. You can’t go in & sit down, get served at a table & stay there all afternoon.

Swap ‘table’ for ‘sun lounger’ and it’s exactly the same thing. And it is not yet allowed.

I’m not remotely interested in what Eurekas do or don’t do. I’ve never been & after this, I never will.

However, I am concerned that this will draw attention to swinging clubs, who all have more hoops to jump through than bars or restaurants as it is, and don’t need the additional scrutiny that one rogue club will undoubtedly bring!

Lancs

But I'm still smiling that I can now sunbathe without unwanted attention or people coming close in a public space such as a park or a beach.

Yes, it will be under scrutiny and couples asking if they can fuck could just about screw it for those of us who just want to sunbathe.

Leeds

Good post Morticia

harrow

"But I'm still smiling that I can now sunbathe without unwanted attention or people coming close in a public space such as a park or a beach.

Yes, it will be under scrutiny and couples asking if they can fuck could just about screw it for those of us who just want to sunbathe.

"

Rubbish! Plenty of couples are gonna go there to play and will play in the woods etc

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Are we having a countdown to when the press are going to release the story to the ever tolerant public???

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Are we having a countdown to when the press are going to release the story to the ever tolerant public??? "

This is what I am afraid of. Regardless of how people SAY they are going to behave whilst sunbathing, the press who skulk around these forums will no doubt jump on this and we will all be tarred with 'irresponsible Sex Starved Swinger' brush.

By *onty1971Man  over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

You need a 2 metre mop to social distance"

Dam and I love oiling a Lady in a normal and then Tantra massage so Suntan lotion would be the same. 2 meter application is crazy heavy on the arms to move said mop around. Will have to fire the lotion out of the bottle and hope it lands on you.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Are we having a countdown to when the press are going to release the story to the ever tolerant public???

This is what I am afraid of. Regardless of how people SAY they are going to behave whilst sunbathing, the press who skulk around these forums will no doubt jump on this and we will all be tarred with 'irresponsible Sex Starved Swinger' brush. "

....and in the current situation a good spin on selling news. Sex sells after all. So if this club is open just for sunbathing this can easily be confirmed with one phone call. If it's opening so people can have sex then that is a different situation all together. So why are people asking if they can have sex?

Having a different point of view is not being a troll OP. Debate is encouraged on here.

Lancs

Why ARE people asking if they can have sex? We are lucky enough to have a private space to sunbathe - please don't spoil it peeps

Leeds

Do you think everyone going doesn't have a garden or balcony where they can sunbathe ?

By *limarCouple  over a year ago

London

Probably not naked.

Leeds

It is legal to sunbathe naked on your own property

By *limarCouple  over a year ago

London

Not with our neighbours! Get enough creepy stares with a bikini on

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Personally I think it's a fantastic idea! I have ringstead and studland within half hour drive from me but the toilets etc are shut as far as I'm aware. Good to see people making the best out of this shitty situation

Lucky that I live on a large farm and have the freedom to be alone and at no point at risk of meeting anyone. No risk here of being less that 2 metres away

By *heonlyniceprincessCouple  over a year ago

Kent

I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!

harrow

"I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!"

I agree - it's disgusting

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Personally I think it's a fantastic idea! I have ringstead and studland within half hour drive from me but the toilets etc are shut as far as I'm aware. Good to see people making the best out of this shitty situation "

That's something I don't understand, why somebody thought it's a good idea to close public toilets

It hasn't discouraged anybody from going somewhere and now it's made some places more unhygenic!

NW London

"I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!

I agree - it's disgusting"

I don't. As long as people can socially distance it's no different from visiting a park or beach (I am assuming that the playrooms and wet areas are closed?)

I don’t get why people are moaning, did you see the fields and beaches today? People were relaxing. Eurekas are providing a safe environment, I’ve seen pictures and they have done well with it, fair play to them

"I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!"

It's only the land that's open, not the club! Many many many people are out on public beaches etc so why not open out private land that's away from the general public?

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!

It's only the land that's open, not the club! Many many many people are out on public beaches etc so why not open out private land that's away from the general public?"

The club is open to serve food and drinks, apparently. Whether toilets are open or not I dont know, but I dont think that any other venues in the country are allowed to sell food to be consumed on site. But I may be wrong.

Lancs

I can't wait. Am off there today. After 2 months cooped up in my flat with a daily local walk where I couldn't get much vitamin D due to wearing a face mask, I can now spend the day in fresh air.

Seems optimistic that all who attend today respect the very strict guidelines Eureka are putting in force in order to open, though

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

We agree with you i can see the headlines now if there is an viral outbreak and its traced to eurekas.

By *erseysideLadMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I think it is absolutely disgusting that eurekas are open. For this reason, I will never step foot in the place again!We agree with you i can see the headlines now if there is an viral outbreak and its traced to eurekas."
that’s a big IF though... could say that about literally anywhere on the planet right now.

Greenwich, SE LONDON

I've just spoke to Eurekas - and can confirm they are open (only the grounds - Play Rooms, Hot Tubs, Pool and Club House are off limits). They do have formal permission from the authorities.

They are not charging for entry but do ask that drinks and food is purchased from them.

There is one toilet available which is cleaned regularly.

NB: we are members of the club and have no other affiliation to them.

Their website now states

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT......EUREKA....

Just had a call from Kent Police .... Ref eureka open for exercise and food etc...

Your daily Exercise in our beautiful grounds is ALLOWED....

but with of course adherence to the government social distancing guidelines....

ALL FOOD AND DRINK IS ON A TAKEAWAY SERVICE ONLY !!!

NOT TO BE CONSUMED ON THE PREMISES !!!!

You are all welcome to come to Eureka to enjoy the beautiful grounds... and stay safe

the rules are there to protect us ALL

No inside facilities are to be used ...

Just to finish

To all our Eureka members

We love you all ... please Stay Safe God Bless

Strict social distancing will be in place."

In my view if people adhere to the rules, it is little different to sitting in a park.

Leeds

So you must purchase food and drink from them but not consume it on the premises ?

By *heonlyniceprincessCouple  over a year ago

Kent

So they are just flouting the rules, madness. Kent Police should have shut them down until restaurants, clubs, bars, gyms etc are able to open

Greenwich, SE LONDON

"So you must purchase food and drink from them but not consume it on the premises ?"

I think they mean you can't eat it in the clubhouse.... But yes it is a little ambiguous

Greenwich, SE LONDON

"So they are just flouting the rules, madness. Kent Police should have shut them down until restaurants, clubs, bars, gyms etc are able to open"

Apparently they have police permission...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think i have worked out how they are getting away with this...

in the guidelines they have said that you can sunbathe and exercise in PUBLIC places such as beaches and parks... but the land they would be sunbathing on is in effect PRIVATE land....

so unless they are making it accessible to the public without membership needed and not charging.... then it becomes public land for everyone to potentially use.....

HOWEVER..... them selling food and drink for you to them take outside may well be a step too far.... and if anyone complains that is what may end up getting it shut down....

North Bucks

"i think i have worked out how they are getting away with this...

in the guidelines they have said that you can sunbathe and exercise in PUBLIC places such as beaches and parks... but the land they would be sunbathing on is in effect PRIVATE land....

so unless they are making it accessible to the public without membership needed and not charging.... then it becomes public land for everyone to potentially use.....

HOWEVER..... them selling food and drink for you to them take outside may well be a step too far.... and if anyone complains that is what may end up getting it shut down.... "

What would be the problem with selling food though?

Every restaurant and pub in the small market town next to me is practising the same model.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So you must purchase food and drink from them but not consume it on the premises ?"

if they are calling it public land... they cannot enforce the food and drink rules.....you should be able to take your own food and drink as long as it is not consumed indoors....

North Bucks

"So you must purchase food and drink from them but not consume it on the premises ?

if they are calling it public land... they cannot enforce the food and drink rules.....you should be able to take your own food and drink as long as it is not consumed indoors...."

I think it’s a moot point now anyway if you look at the other thread. Seems it’s not going ahead.

Follow them on twitter... public apology to Kent Police and a quick change of plan! #resettostupid

Lancs

Forget trying to stir up trouble and alert the police to a naturist club. They have more important issues such as a rise in domestic violence to deal with. Peace to all. Enjoy the sunshine. Eureka cannot be making any money from this. They are not charging members entry. It's more a goodwill gesture. The cost of the food is minimal and barely covers it.

"So you must purchase food and drink from them but not consume it on the premises ?

if they are calling it public land... they cannot enforce the food and drink rules.....you should be able to take your own food and drink as long as it is not consumed indoors...."

They aren't claiming public land. They are open to members only which makes it private land.

brighton

There are always some on here trying to put a negative spin on anything positive.

If you have no plans to attend Eureka then why slag it off ? We're glad we don't have you negative forum curtain twitchers for neighbours.

"There are always some on here trying to put a negative spin on anything positive.

If you have no plans to attend Eureka then why slag it off ? We're glad we don't have you negative forum curtain twitchers for neighbours."

In agreement

So to be clear, vast amount of private land is open to its members free of charge, where they can purchase a bit of food, whilst sunbathing and social distancing and go for a wee in a toilet and people are calling it "disgusting"....amazing!!! Some people need a head wobble

London

"So to be clear, vast amount of private land is open to its members free of charge, where they can purchase a bit of food, whilst sunbathing and social distancing and go for a wee in a toilet and people are calling it "disgusting"....amazing!!! Some people need a head wobble "

You can dress it up any way you want but the truth is this... Those who flout the rules and those that support such actions do so because they have very little concern other than that for themselves. Every other club in the country has complied with the rules and it's not easy for any of them. But the owners/management at this club thought they were above the law and even told people they had the local councils permission, which was a blatant lie, in order to get people through the door.

You may disagree with the rules at this time but that doesn't mean you can break them just because you feel like it.

We are meant to be in this together!

"You can dress it up any way you want but the truth is this... Those who flout the rules and those that support such actions do so because they have very little concern other than that for themselves. Every other club in the country has complied with the rules and it's not easy for any of them. But the owners/management at this club thought they were above the law and even told people they had the local councils permission, which was a blatant lie, in order to get people through the door.

You may disagree with the rules at this time but that doesn't mean you can break them just because you feel like it.

We are meant to be in this together!

"

Having read their Twitter I'm not sure where you get the idea they dont have permission? They got the al fresco bit wrong,hardly the same as not having permission is it.

Around where I live I know a few private land owners who have offered their land to a few families to use, same difference! Quick call Dorset police, none land owners are using someone's private land with permission

Lancs

How do you know they have flouted the rules? How do you know they have lied about getting council permission? Would they break the law? And publicise this on social media?

As it's free entry to members only the staff are working for nothing. £5 for scampi and chips etc isn't going to get them much, if any profit.

I suppose we are all different some live in built up areas and crave the outdoors. I am lucky to live on a farm and have exclusive outside space to roam safely

By *ebsandkevCouple  over a year ago

Crowborough

"How do you know they have flouted the rules? How do you know they have lied about getting council permission? Would they break the law? And publicise this on social media?

As it's free entry to members only the staff are working for nothing. £5 for scampi and chips etc isn't going to get them much, if any profit.

"

We will see when the police and press turn up and shut them down

Greenwich, SE LONDON

On their website it now states they've taken the decision to close until there is more clarification on the legal situation and government guidance.

So no further discussion needed I guess.

Been down the sea front and people buying fish and chips then sitting on the beach. What's the difference?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Been down the sea front and people buying fish and chips then sitting on the beach. What's the difference? "

three words.... private members club!

"selling food" doesn't make them mcdonalds, or greggs, pret or your local takeaway...

it sounds like they were trying to use a loophole to open!

the only private members clubs that are open at the moment are golf and tennis clubs... everyone else waits...

By *tickyPollCouple  over a year ago

South East

"Been down the sea front and people buying fish and chips then sitting on the beach. What's the difference?

"selling food" doesn't make them mcdonalds, or greggs, pret or your local takeaway...

the only private members clubs that are open at the moment are golf and tennis clubs... everyone else waits..."

By *tickyPollCouple  over a year ago

South East

"Been down the sea front and people buying fish and chips then sitting on the beach. What's the difference?

the only private members clubs that are open at the moment are golf and tennis clubs... everyone else waits... "

NW London

The thing is though, the private members club isn't actually open only the grounds themselves are (for the general public) and with social distancing in place. I don't see how this is any different from a Royal Park being open to the public?

I think people are being a little over zealous in their condemnations.

the only private members clubs that are open at the moment are golf and tennis clubs... everyone else waits..."

That shows what a fuck up the rules are then, if your a big company it's ok to make money. Everyone else follow the rules and leave the food sales to the big boys.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

"

If they sell food as part of their normal business it is no different than what many pubs are doing namely supplying a takeaway! I can order a whole Sunday Roast from one of my locals!

Newcastle and Gateshead

the only private members clubs that are open at the moment are golf and tennis clubs... everyone else waits...

That shows what a fuck up the rules are then, if your a big company it's ok to make money. Everyone else follow the rules and leave the food sales to the big boys. "

nice rant... what part of "your local takeaway" did you miss!

Leeds

"shows what a fuck up the rules are then, if your a big company it's ok to make money. Everyone else follow the rules and leave the food sales to the big boys. "

There is a shop near me which was empty as the chain had closed down. A private individual has taken it over and has a queue every day selling coffee and smoothies.

"shows what a fuck up the rules are then, if your a big company it's ok to make money. Everyone else follow the rules and leave the food sales to the big boys.

There is a shop near me which was empty as the chain had closed down. A private individual has taken it over and has a queue every day selling coffee and smoothies. "

Yum!!

By *ingersmalloyMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Just go to the naturist beach can social distance easily

"That's because summer is over now. "

Actually Summer hasn’t even started yet. It Officially starts on the 21st June xx

» Add a new message to this topic