FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club Listings

Club Listings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hristeresa12 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

Let us first say that we have a vested interest in the subject of this post being club owners ourselves.

We completely understand and approve of why Fabs. have removed the meets & events listings to try and ensure that members are unable to arrange meets at this unprecedented time but we can't apply the same logic as to why the clubs listings have also been removed.

No clubs are open and no clubs are likely to re-open probably any time this year so there is no chance of members being tempted to covertly attend clubs so there can be no perceived temptation of that by retaining the club listings. Our view is that clubs are an unquestionably intrinsic part of the scene and need to maintain a level of visibility in order that previous club goers remain aware of there existence for the future and also that new members excitedly exploring the scene can find out about the club scene on here for future visits when safe to do so and when the club world is open for fun (and business) once again.

A lot of our guests only have an interest in the scene via clubs and we have noticed quite a few profiles of guests disappearing from the site since the lockdown started. Of course there is always a natural roll over of people joining and leaving the scene and as there is no active scene at the moment any members now joining should be allowed to find out what fun will be available in clubs when things are brighter in order that momentum can be retained as much as possible. Surely this will be good for members, clubs and the site also?

Only this week we've responded to a post we found on the forum enquiring if there are any clubs in our neck of the woods for future reference as the club listings is not available.

We have messaged site owners on this subject but sadly no response so just wondering other members thoughts on this?

We appreciate that people have different views and just want to guage other members thoughts.

Best wishes to all, stay safe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I think this is a valid point but is probably best placed in the Fabswingers feedback forum for the admin and mods to see rather than in the discussion group. Just thinking about exposure and response time xxx

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think it would be great to be able to read the club reviews, and for people considering venturing to a club when it is safe to do so, to be able to have perused listings.

I completely understand why there are no meets listings, but I feel that the club section would be beneficial to members to still be viewable.

Totnes

"I think this is a valid point but is probably best placed in the Fabswingers feedback forum for the admin and mods to see rather than in the discussion group. Just thinking about exposure and response time xxx"

We've just looked at the Feedback forum (first time) and see that a similar post has already been posted with 100% favourable responses so far. As this is a club issue our view is that for open discussion the Club forum is the appropriate place having already reeived no response from admin following our direct approach to them previously. As we say in our original post we just want to guage interested members views and your suggestion is appreciated. Good luck for the future, we've read with interest your previous informative posts. xxx

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I absolutely think the club reviews page should be open so people can still read up about clubs or events for after they start to reopen - or for people who’ve just been too busy in the past & may want to leave a review.

I totally understand the club ads & events page being closed - no one would be posting any new events & old ones will fill up to capacity comments, so that makes sense!

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

"Let us first say that we have a vested interest in the subject of this post being club owners ourselves.

We completely understand and approve of why Fabs. have removed the meets & events listings to try and ensure that members are unable to arrange meets at this unprecedented time but we can't apply the same logic as to why the clubs listings have also been removed.

No clubs are open and no clubs are likely to re-open probably any time this year so there is no chance of members being tempted to covertly attend clubs so there can be no perceived temptation of that by retaining the club listings. Our view is that clubs are an unquestionably intrinsic part of the scene and need to maintain a level of visibility in order that previous club goers remain aware of there existence for the future and also that new members excitedly exploring the scene can find out about the club scene on here for future visits when safe to do so and when the club world is open for fun (and business) once again.

A lot of our guests only have an interest in the scene via clubs and we have noticed quite a few profiles of guests disappearing from the site since the lockdown started. Of course there is always a natural roll over of people joining and leaving the scene and as there is no active scene at the moment any members now joining should be allowed to find out what fun will be available in clubs when things are brighter in order that momentum can be retained as much as possible. Surely this will be good for members, clubs and the site also?

Only this week we've responded to a post we found on the forum enquiring if there are any clubs in our neck of the woods for future reference as the club listings is not available.

We have messaged site owners on this subject but sadly no response so just wondering other members thoughts on this?

We appreciate that people have different views and just want to guage other members thoughts.

Best wishes to all, stay safe."

Total agreement from here guys, Fab is getting very quiet at the mo! Maybe class it as first tentative steps to get back to normal. Absolutely no risk of increasing the R value, and maybe increase the Fab R value a little.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definitely have a point here,

We put a post up on here asking for club recommendations a few weeks back and we were lucky enough to get a good few responses from some of the clubs and members.

Would have definitely been easier if there was a listings page where we could just jump on and check them out for ourselves as there’s probably loads we’ve missed.

"Let us first say that we have a vested interest in the subject of this post being club owners ourselves.

I agree, I don't see any reason for the club reviews section to be closed after all it's only really links to club sites. Maybe a compromise is to open up the Clubs links but with hold the posting of reviews.

Oh and I see that one club is open for "sun bathing". Of course anything can happen in 23 acres of which a large proportion is woodland and I'm not quite sure how you police that! But hey I'm sure it's within the government guidelines....

By *oody do thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Completely agree with this and feel the ‘club reviews’ section should be open. I have started a separate thread in the ‘site feedback’ topic

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

The only problem I can forsee is that clubs will get an increase of people phoning and asking if they`re open? Would that be a nuisance?

By *lumbercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worksop

Lol which club is open for sunbathing?

Totnes

"The only problem I can forsee is that clubs will get an increase of people phoning and asking if they`re open? Would that be a nuisance?"

Why would that be a problem, it's only a case of saying no we're not open until it's safe and legal to do so. We were only open on one Saturday night per month so are well used to people phoning up and having to tell them we're not open, so no change there! Just because clubs aren't physically open doesn't mean that the owners aren't beavering away on maintenance and improvements so we're still working and any chance to promote and engage with future guests is always welcome.

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

We think it would be good for the club reviews section to be open.

The community will undoubtedly suffer from this virus, with clubs closing through loss of business.

Anything that can be done to promote their future business should be.

Plus, it’s fun to read and reminisce with some of the reviews.

"We think it would be good for the club reviews section to be open.

The community will undoubtedly suffer from this virus, with clubs closing through loss of business.

Anything that can be done to promote their future business should be.

Plus, it’s fun to read and reminisce with some of the reviews. "

"The only problem I can forsee is that clubs will get an increase of people phoning and asking if they`re open? Would that be a nuisance?"

A lot of the clubs have websites with contact details anyway so having the club reviews hidden wouldn’t really alleviate that.

"The only problem I can forsee is that clubs will get an increase of people phoning and asking if they`re open? Would that be a nuisance?

Why would that be a problem, it's only a case of saying no we're not open until it's safe and legal to do so. We were only open on one Saturday night per month so are well used to people phoning up and having to tell them we're not open, so no change there! Just because clubs aren't physically open doesn't mean that the owners aren't beavering away on maintenance and improvements so we're still working and any chance to promote and engage with future guests is always welcome."

I appreciate exactly and I suppose you could always direct the phone towards an answerphone message if you`d sooner not be answering the phone every 5 minutes only to asked the same thing over and over again.

By *tormchasingCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We are in total agreement. We love trying new clubs and would love to make a list of new ones to try when they are safe to open. Reviews really help with that.

We can't see any logic in closing that section of the site

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We've gone from around 40-50 calls a day to 2-3...I wouldn't be bothered getting more calls, it would feel kind nice to be honest lol

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"We've gone from around 40-50 calls a day to 2-3...I wouldn't be bothered getting more calls, it would feel kind nice to be honest lol "
shall I ring you lol and ask loads of silly questions

Totnes

Well that’s 100% agreement with our thoughts. We’ve already contacted moderators, site owners & admin with no success or even a reply so we guess the more people that also do that the greater chance of common sense prevailing.

By *ipplebarnyMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I think it would be great to be able to read the club reviews, and for people considering venturing to a club when it is safe to do so, to be able to have perused listings.

I completely understand why there are no meets listings, but I feel that the club section would be beneficial to members to still be viewable."

i totally agree with you Glitterbabe I can’t see any harm in researching clubs during this time

I have to admit that I have missed seeing the club listings and I do like to do my own research on parking, accommodation and other attractions around each club so I reckon it`s time to put those listings back up.

By *_yeahPartiesCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We run Socials and had a thread up for a few days just basically saying ‘hello we exist’ and that we will be holding more when we’re allowed and it got deleted.

Obviously we couldn’t covertly hold one as they’re always in city centre pubs/bars so I’m not sure why it got deleted. Was just trying to make people aware and build some interest for the future

» Add a new message to this topic