FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > nervous!

nervous!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Someone would like me to join them at VA on friday night, am very new to all this and have never even thought of going to a club. I'm normally open and fun but am quite nervous about going. Any hints or tips gratefully recieved so I don't arrive acting like a blithering idiot!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We have only ever been on a Saturday couples and single girls night.

However if we were on your position the first thing we would do is check in with the owners when we got there and let them know the score and introduce ourself they are a great bunch and will watch over you.

Obviously the golden rule.... No means No if in doubt get up and walk away

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Hi Sologirl,

The advice above is good, you don't state whom is taking you, but I'll make an assumption it is a male friend of yours, and therefore assuming you trust him, he'll look after you within the club in any event.

It's totally normal to be nervous on going into a club for the first time, whether your male or female. When I first went, it was before the internet age, and I'd seen an advert in the Evening Paper snuggled neatly amongst the "sauna/massage" small ads which were clearly covers for prostitution. My heart was beating heavily as I entered and every sence was on alert waiting to be bundled into a room and having demands for money being made by minders of the ladies.

Ofcourse it was nothing like that and I have continued going to clubs off and on over the years

The first time I took a lady, she was massively nervous, and she almost bottled out on more than one occasion, but in the end she went in and while it took her a while to calm down, it was when we got talking to other couples that she relaxed and eventually we went off for a very nice 4some in a couples room.

My advice is make sure you both know what your limits are before you go into the club, and also agree a codeword if you decide you want to go further. As is often said with single guys going to clubs, go with no expectations, simply go for a drink and a chat and if things develop further then let them do so at your own place.

Finally I have copied this off the No 3 club website as I think it's a very eloquently expressed version of etiquette and expectations inside a club for first timers and old hands alike:

First Time Visitors

If you are a couple it is helpful if you and your partner discuss your limits or intentions. If you have just come to watch or for atmosphere that is fine. If you are approached a polite "No" will see that you are left alone.

If you are a couple looking for another couple, it is quite normal for you to sit and chat to other couples and during conversation, mention your interests or visit the "Couples Only" Room.

If you are a couple and are looking for a single to join you, then this is the easiest scenario. Single guys are most eager to oblige and not offended in the least if you approach them.

If you are approached by a single, he will not get right to the point, but will normally engage you in small talk conversation, but you can rest assured he is interested in joining you. If you are interested, ask him if he would like to join you in a private room.

Serious swingers can have the time of their lives in our club. Just enter the open rooms for serious attention from anyone in there, but most will not begin until they get the indication that you require their attention.

Looking for bi ladies? lots of couples have bi ladies looking for the same, just mention in conversation that the lady in your partnership is bi and is looking for the same.

Couples who come for the first time who just sit and expect to be approached without any input from yourselves may not enjoy their night, as regulars do not know what you are into; also they do not like to offend. The best approach is to give eye contact or make the effort to chat to others. It is normal to sit next to other people and introduce yourself, starting with normal everyday conversation. If you find that they are regulars, ask them questions about the club and the best way to go about things, you will find them eager to help guide you in the right direction.

In a nutshell, be friendly, polite and things will happen as everyone in the club are open-minded and are there to swing. Whatever their preferences, just relax and enjoy your evening.

Hope this all helps you and you have a great night out.

Thanks for the above! I'm worried about being a larger lady too,it's the one thing that puts a dent in wat should/could be a fab time!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I went to a club on my own.... Was so nervous, had a couple of vodkas Haha

It was so relaxed and I was made very welcome by the staff, they gave me lots of advice and shown me around.

Even got an extra treat off a hunk who worked there lol

"Thanks for the above! I'm worried about being a larger lady too,it's the one thing that puts a dent in wat should/could be a fab time!"

Lots of men love big girls!!

wow, u went on ur own!!! go girl!! lol - it's just the thought of dropping that towel!!! Would it be rude to ask the others to turn away for a minute?? lol

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"wow, u went on ur own!!! go girl!! lol - it's just the thought of dropping that towel!!! Would it be rude to ask the others to turn away for a minute?? lol"

Hahaha,

It wouldn't be rude but Oh Solo, that would be a first if you did that, you'd probably draw more attention to yourself....

"Someone would like me to join them at VA on friday night, am very new to all this and have never even thought of going to a club. I'm normally open and fun but am quite nervous about going. Any hints or tips gratefully recieved so I don't arrive acting like a blithering idiot!! "

For what its worth my honest advice is NEVER EVER go alone and might i even suggest that you get a couple of meets under your belt and YOU pick and chose from them who t invite - far better going with someone you might trust in some way ok

Just my opinion ok

"wow, u went on ur own!!! go girl!! lol - it's just the thought of dropping that towel!!! Would it be rude to ask the others to turn away for a minute?? lol"

The vodka helped lol

The club I went to has dark rooms which help. Other than that you can wear a long top if your that concerned. I'm sure once your horny you won't really care Hehe

"Someone would like me to join them at VA on friday night, am very new to all this and have never even thought of going to a club. I'm normally open and fun but am quite nervous about going. Any hints or tips gratefully recieved so I don't arrive acting like a blithering idiot!! "

Well I thought that I wasn't very naive but I never realised that such sexual shenanigans went on at the Victoria and Albert. Are they not concerned that some of the furniture may get soiled!

"Someone would like me to join them at VA on friday night, am very new to all this and have never even thought of going to a club. I'm normally open and fun but am quite nervous about going. Any hints or tips gratefully recieved so I don't arrive acting like a blithering idiot!!

For what its worth my honest advice is NEVER EVER go alone and might i even suggest that you get a couple of meets under your belt and YOU pick and chose from them who t invite - far better going with someone you might trust in some way ok

Just my opinion ok "

I felt very safe to be honest... people were looking out for me..maybe trying to get in my knickers too but hey!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

three words.....

just...be...yourself!!!

people understand we were all new once.. and any owner of a club worth their salt will introduce you to nice people to make you feel a lot better.....

just don't do what a lot of people do.. sit in the corner! we can tell newbie couples because they do this and stick out a mile....

and don't do what single guys tend to do... stand at the bar like a lost sheep....

go and just talk to people.... honest...

"Someone would like me to join them at VA on friday night, am very new to all this and have never even thought of going to a club. I'm normally open and fun but am quite nervous about going. Any hints or tips gratefully recieved so I don't arrive acting like a blithering idiot!!

three words.....

just...be...yourself!!!

people understand we were all new once.. and any owner of a club worth their salt will introduce you to nice people to make you feel a lot better.....

just don't do what a lot of people do.. sit in the corner! we can tell newbie couples because they do this and stick out a mile....

and don't do what single guys tend to do... stand at the bar like a lost sheep....

go and just talk to people.... honest... "

I stand in corner and shut up then lol - just be safe i guess

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I've always gone to clubs on my own as a single female. Just be yourself, chat but don't feel you have to do anything other than what you feel comfy doing. As for size, I have never in all my years of club visits heard anyone say anything about anybodies size, shape, what they were wearing or anything like that, the reason is everyone takes everyone for the person they are with no judgments. So go in head held high and enjoy!

I too have been into clubs alone, and with other single female friends, and we have never had any real trouble so whilst yes you will be nervous, go and enjoy..

Everyone there had to go for the first time too at some point.

I think the staff automatically keep tabs on people anyways (in my experience)

As for your shape-size, no one will be judging you as we all have our own little things we dislike about ourselves, and everyone in the club have decided to swing, so you already have something in common with them

By *urreypair1Couple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Well first off you couldn't have picked a better club , Michelle will meet you at reception and get you all signed in , if you have any doubts etc ring them first and speak to Michelle or Jules but its a really nice place , loverly friendly people and we have to say our fave club of all time .

As for being larger , don't be silly , enjoy yourself sexy people come in all shapes and sizes !!

x x x

Thanks everyone for your advise! Much appreciated!!

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

VA is a good club, so you can always give Jules a call ahead of your visit, we are sure she will put you at ease.

» Add a new message to this topic