FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Covid positives

Covid positives

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ownhouseTwosome OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Covid has affected so many people in so many ways. In fact, by the time we navigate our way to any kind of light at the end of the tunnel, we will all be touched by the negative effects of Covid somehow.

This year has been a rollercoaster for clubs. As a business owner, never have I had to run a business with no way of planning ahead, no income, no safety net and no end in sight. We have had good days and very bad, dark days, but there have also been positives!

We go to sleep at a normal time, we can eat together and we can watch a whole film on TV without the work mobile going off every 2 minutes.

BUT the best thing to come out of it so far, is the solidarity between some of the clubs across the country. We have always had a good relationship with most clubs and have worked together with some in the past, but this year has been a challenge for all of us and we have come together under the common goal of getting us ALL through it, somehow! Some clubs haven't been in touch and are going it alone, but guys...we are here if you are struggling and want to lean on us for support.

We are doing some online stuff together, which I don't want to go into here as admin might not like it and I really want this post to remain on the forum.

It's given us all a focus, a glimmer of hope, a connection with members and most of all, something positive to work on amidst so much stress and unrelenting doom and gloom! We have a laugh, we plan together, we share the same common goal and it's fun

I was concerned at first that so many strong headed club owners may clash as we are all used to being our own boss and run very stressful businesses. But that hasn't been the case at all!! In fact, it's been quite the opposite as we all want to get through this and together, we might just do it!

So I wanted to throw out a positive post and tell you all that we are all fighting to stay open for you. We are trying our best and we all have tons of fight left in us yet.

Who knows what 2021 will bring. We think it will be another long year, but we are trying to focus on the now and not on the what if's.

Thanks everybody for your support, your messages, your loves and it's good to know that some of you have our back.

Vic and Jim xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

Hope when you re-open that showing proof of vaccination against Covid is essential for entry!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Hope when you re-open that showing proof of vaccination against Covid is essential for entry!"

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated

Preston

"Hope when you re-open that showing proof of vaccination against Covid is essential for entry!

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated "

I stand corrected. I didn't know some people could be immune to all vaccines.

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Covid has affected so many people in so many ways. In fact, by the time we navigate our way to any kind of light at the end of the tunnel, we will all be touched by the negative effects of Covid somehow.

This year has been a rollercoaster for clubs. As a business owner, never have I had to run a business with no way of planning ahead, no income, no safety net and no end in sight. We have had good days and very bad, dark days, but there have also been positives!

We go to sleep at a normal time, we can eat together and we can watch a whole film on TV without the work mobile going off every 2 minutes.

BUT the best thing to come out of it so far, is the solidarity between some of the clubs across the country. We have always had a good relationship with most clubs and have worked together with some in the past, but this year has been a challenge for all of us and we have come together under the common goal of getting us ALL through it, somehow! Some clubs haven't been in touch and are going it alone, but guys...we are here if you are struggling and want to lean on us for support.

We are doing some online stuff together, which I don't want to go into here as admin might not like it and I really want this post to remain on the forum.

It's given us all a focus, a glimmer of hope, a connection with members and most of all, something positive to work on amidst so much stress and unrelenting doom and gloom! We have a laugh, we plan together, we share the same common goal and it's fun

I was concerned at first that so many strong headed club owners may clash as we are all used to being our own boss and run very stressful businesses. But that hasn't been the case at all!! In fact, it's been quite the opposite as we all want to get through this and together, we might just do it!

So I wanted to throw out a positive post and tell you all that we are all fighting to stay open for you. We are trying our best and we all have tons of fight left in us yet.

Who knows what 2021 will bring. We think it will be another long year, but we are trying to focus on the now and not on the what if's.

Thanks everybody for your support, your messages, your loves and it's good to know that some of you have our back.

Vic and Jim xxx"

Thank you so very much for those reassuring and comforting words. Unfortunately, despite having the odd week-end in L'pool, for no reason at all, we have never had the pleasure of spending time in your club. However since watching your video, reading your consistently 5* reviews and now reading your passionate words, our bucket list for 2021 has you at No:1.

Thank you both so very much and our sincere best wishes for you and your fellow club owners. Without you there is no doubt we could never have enjoyed our chosen life style so much

Take care

David and Sue xx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Hope when you re-open that showing proof of vaccination against Covid is essential for entry!

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated I stand corrected. I didn't know some people could be immune to all vaccines."

Yes there are around 2% of the population that cannot get immune when vaccinated. We're special!!

Preston

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated I stand corrected. I didn't know some people could be immune to all vaccines.

Yes there are around 2% of the population that cannot get immune when vaccinated. We're special!! "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is a rollercoaster for sure , the support and encouragement from others has been phenomenal and you two have been pillars of strength & encouragement & positivity. I dont know how you have done it tbh.

Roll on 2021 and better times ahead

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"It is a rollercoaster for sure , the support and encouragement from others has been phenomenal and you two have been pillars of strength & encouragement & positivity. I dont know how you have done it tbh.

Roll on 2021 and better times ahead "

Awwww indeed, roll on 2021 Sue!!! xxx

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I love this - a little spark of positivity in the gloom of lockdown!!

I also think that there have been some brilliantly positive posts from people voicing their support for clubs in general, their particular favourite or an event that they are missing, which is great to see that people are still planning ahead & intending to keep the club scene active once this is behind us!!

Hopefully 2021 will be a lot kinder to everyone - I can’t WAIT to get back in the club

M xx

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

Love you’re positive we can do this attitude whilst not knowing what’s gonna happen next.

I for 1 will be booking time off work once clubs reopen and will be doing a tour, one things for sure though you can put me down for the 1st Milf Monday!

So nice that clubs have come together to support each other through this very difficult time too, looking forward to 2021.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Hope when you re-open that showing proof of vaccination against Covid is essential for entry!"

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Those that haven't had a vaccination for what ever reason, should wear a neon sign around their necks flashing unclean ?

We are undecided on if we'll take up on a vaccine as are a lot of folks so any business or organisations that try to make everyone prove they have been vaccinated would soon go out of business?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

It's been good to see that something positive has come from this...

Missing the clubs so much... have felt like I've lost a part of me but at least I haven't lost what you guys trying to run the clubs have..

Hang in there and hope people carry on to support you through various ways

Cali xxx

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm so glad you have found some positives throughout this.

I very much looking forward to making it to your club sometime, I have only heard wonderful things.

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated I stand corrected. I didn't know some people could be immune to all vaccines.

Yes there are around 2% of the population that cannot get immune when vaccinated. We're special!! "

Given that the two front runner vaccines work completely differently from normal vaccines, how do you know that the Covid vaccine will not work for you, as you will never have experienced a vaccine that uses this new methodology before?

By *itpaulMan  over a year ago

kidsgrove

Glad that you've both found a few positives in the last few months - loved the visits I made to townhouse & hope everything goes from strength to strength for you once this is all behind us x

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Yes there are around 2% of the population that cannot get immune when vaccinated. We're special!!

Given that the two front runner vaccines work completely differently from normal vaccines, how do you know that the Covid vaccine will not work for you, as you will never have experienced a vaccine that uses this new methodology before? "

Following vaccination from childhood, through vaccines for travel and eventually being an NHS frontline worker needing Hep B immunity, I underwent vaccine immunogenicity for a series of vaccines and it was found that I have no immunity to any of the conditions I had been vaccinated for over the years. None. I was given booster and booster of vaccines after this and immunogenicity still produced non immune results. There is a small percentage of the population which rejects vaccines across the board.

If I was made to have the Covid vaccine to tick a box, then I would, but I would rather someone else have it, who doesn't have this condition as it could be a complete waste of resources. I'm sure when the country starts to open up, vaccine alone will not be a precursor to attending venues and events. Hopefully it will be one tool in a box of many options available. I am hoping for an reliable fast test being one of them for people who haven't been vaccinated. But we'll just have too see.

Anyway, I am remaining positive as per the vibe of the OP

Thank you for your input xxx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Glad that you've both found a few positives in the last few months - loved the visits I made to townhouse & hope everything goes from strength to strength for you once this is all behind us x"

Let's hope you will have the opportunity to come back

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

Given that the two front runner vaccines work completely differently from normal vaccines, how do you know that the Covid vaccine will not work for you, as you will never have experienced a vaccine that uses this new methodology before?

Following vaccination from childhood, through vaccines for travel and eventually being an NHS frontline worker needing Hep B immunity, I underwent vaccine immunogenicity for a series of vaccines and it was found that I have no immunity to any of the conditions I had been vaccinated for over the years. None. I was given booster and booster of vaccines after this and immunogenicity still produced non immune results. There is a small percentage of the population which rejects vaccines across the board.

If I was made to have the Covid vaccine to tick a box, then I would, but I would rather someone else have it, who doesn't have this condition as it could be a complete waste of resources. I'm sure when the country starts to open up, vaccine alone will not be a precursor to attending venues and events. Hopefully it will be one tool in a box of many options available. I am hoping for an reliable fast test being one of them for people who haven't been vaccinated. But we'll just have too see.

Thank you for your input xxx"

Your laudable desire not to waste NHS resources is to be admired, but I would urge you to think again about taking one of the recently announce Covid vaccines (which are completely unlike any other) for your sake and that of your customers and staff.

It is likely that there will be a reservoir of Covid infection through most of 2021 and you will come into contact with hundreds of people.

As a responsible club owner you would not want to carry the virus into the club, which you could potentially do if not vaccinated. No doubt the well-being of your customers will be your top priority.

So I would urge you for the sale of yourself, your customers and staff to consider the vaccine or to excuse yourself at attendance of the club until such time as the risk of either catching or carrying the disease is at such a level as to pose no realistic health threat.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Your laudable desire not to waste NHS resources is to be admired, but I would urge you to think again about taking one of the recently announce Covid vaccines (which are completely unlike any other) for your sake and that of your customers and staff.

It is likely that there will be a reservoir of Covid infection through most of 2021 and you will come into contact with hundreds of people.

As a responsible club owner you would not want to carry the virus into the club, which you could potentially do if not vaccinated. No doubt the well-being of your customers will be your top priority.

So I would urge you for the sale of yourself, your customers and staff to consider the vaccine or to excuse yourself at attendance of the club until such time as the risk of either catching or carrying the disease is at such a level as to pose no realistic health threat."

Well as I'll be the last in the queue due to my age and excellent health, I have a long wait anyway and clubs will not open for swinging parties for a very long time. By which time more will be known about the vaccines, the longevity and any other options for controlling the virus. So that decision will not need to be made until well into next year.

Thanks again for your excellent insight and thoughts on the matter xxx

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Good post.

Felt for club and business owners this year.

Once this dies down I hope you are ready for the avalanche of horny club goers.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Good luck and hoping to visit you next year. Was plannng to this ye but..... k

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Love you’re positive we can do this attitude whilst not knowing what’s gonna happen next.

I for 1 will be booking time off work once clubs reopen and will be doing a tour, one things for sure though you can put me down for the 1st Milf Monday!

So nice that clubs have come together to support each other through this very difficult time too, looking forward to 2021."

I cannot wait until we can open the doors for Milf Monday again!! It’s going to be absofuckinglutely awesome!!

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

"Love you’re positive we can do this attitude whilst not knowing what’s gonna happen next.

So nice that clubs have come together to support each other through this very difficult time too, looking forward to 2021.

I cannot wait until we can open the doors for Milf Monday again!! It’s going to be absofuckinglutely awesome!! "

Is sure as hell is gonna be a fuck fest!!xx

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

As someone who has enjoyed clubs over the years I am missing the chat, the banter, the flirting.

The clubs are a safe haven for me to enjoy watching people have sex, hearing them, abs don’t feel the same stigma as I would get from the vanilla world

I havent been to townhouse (only ever been to Merseyside twice and that was to anfield) l. I have been invited by a number of people to try townhouse but haven’t made it.

It’s the social scene around the clubs I am missing the messages the post club flirting. I would say My messages have dropped by about 90% since clubs have closed

By *ustfulmusingCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

That’s a great post ,you’re always so level headed and eloquent in your posts.it’s so great to hear that clubs have pulled together at this very difficult time .We are self employed and run a pub so we are in a similar position.support is so important.

Good luck to you all ,so nice something positive has come out of this for you all

Every cloud has a silver lining and as you say, something positive has come out of a dreadful situation.

I’ve really enjoyed reading your forum posts and comments. You’ve always come across as the voice of reason even when faced with provocation.

I certainly hope in the future myself and Abby are able to visit your club.

Good luck for the future X

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

So I would urge you for the sale of yourself, your customers and staff to consider the vaccine or to excuse yourself at attendance of the club until such time as the risk of either catching or carrying the disease is at such a level as to pose no realistic health threat.

Well as I'll be the last in the queue due to my age and excellent health, I have a long wait anyway and clubs will not open for swinging parties for a very long time. By which time more will be known about the vaccines, the longevity and any other options for controlling the virus. So that decision will not need to be made until well into next year.

Thanks again for your excellent insight and thoughts on the matter xxx"

My thoughts are that as long as the majority of people who can take vaccines do do it, that should reduce the overall likelihood of anybody catching covid. Those who can't take vaccines, or who they won't work for like Vic, need the rest of us to do our part. And maybe then it'll be possible for us all to start getting back our lives.

Looking forward to seeing people at the club again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Polly xx

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I’ve had a Hep B vaccine twice and it didn’t work either time. So maybe I’m one of the 2% too. Never thought about whether vaccines in general don’t work for me.

"Every cloud has a silver lining and as you say, something positive has come out of a dreadful situation.

I’ve really enjoyed reading your forum posts and comments. You’ve always come across as the voice of reason even when faced with provocation.

"

I second this! They've always posted positive stuff and advocated for club survival through this trying time. I hope to be able to visit when you do reopen and it safe to visit and arent judged/condemned on my vaccine status. Please continue to be a bright light in a rather drab climate xxx

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

That’s not ethical! You can’t dive into a persons medial history! If that’s the case you would have to have them checked for every Sti, disease out there!

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

I’ve had a Hep B vaccine twice and it didn’t work either time. So maybe I’m one of the 2% too. Never thought about whether vaccines in general don’t work for me. "

I’d speak to a doctor or vaccine specialist before making a decision. Hardly any vaccines are 100% effective, including those we are all familiar with. It’s not a reason to not have one. If it doesn’t make you Ill, take it. Vaccination is arguably one of the most significant medical breakthroughs ever, may as well give up fore and the wheel if progress worries you that much.

"Covid has affected so many people in so many ways. In fact, by the time we navigate our way to any kind of light at the end of the tunnel, we will all be touched by the negative effects of Covid somehow.

Vic and Jim xxx

Thank you so very much for those reassuring and comforting words. Unfortunately, despite having the odd week-end in L'pool, for no reason at all, we have never had the pleasure of spending time in your club. However since watching your video, reading your consistently 5* reviews and now reading your passionate words, our bucket list for 2021 has you at No:1.

Thank you both so very much and our sincere best wishes for you and your fellow club owners. Without you there is no doubt we could never have enjoyed our chosen life style so much

Take care

David and Sue xx "

what video?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Vic and Jim xxx

Take care

David and Sue xx

what video? "

There are videos out there with me being interviewed by local radio hosts and we walk around the club...it's a hoot. There's also a filmed podcast on youtube and some facebook videos x

"Every cloud has a silver lining and as you say, something positive has come out of a dreadful situation.

I second this! They've always posted positive stuff and advocated for club survival through this trying time. I hope to be able to visit when you do reopen and it safe to visit and arent judged/condemned on my vaccine status. Please continue to be a bright light in a rather drab climate xxx "

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Vic. Not met you but just saw the video. Absolutely brilliant. Just superb. You are a Goddess!

"

There are videos out there with me being interviewed by local radio hosts and we walk around the club...it's a hoot. There's also a filmed podcast on youtube and some facebook videos x"

That video by The Guide was what persuaded us to come to newbies night back in January...It definitely goes a long way to demystifying what's behind the door!

So how about a recent clean STD certificate too??

By *ral_isthenewblackMan  over a year ago

london

Vic and Jim xxx"

inspirational and positive.. exactly what we all need at these trying times.. wish you and other like minded clubs the best for nxt year.. hope they say is a good thing

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated "

I saw this and thought of you. Hope it's good news. X

www.bbc.com/news/health-55022288

"A possible alternative to a vaccine, for people without functioning immune systems, is entering its final stage of trials.

The injection was developed using antibodies - made by the immune system to fight infection - produced by a single Covid patient in the US.

It is hoped it could provide at least six months' protection for patients who cannot receive vaccines.

Trials involving 1,000 UK participants begin in Manchester on Saturday."

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We don't know what will be required as it is a very long way off yet. Plus if that is a requirement, I can't enter my own club as I don't get immune from vaccines, so I will not be vaccinated

"A possible alternative to a vaccine, for people without functioning immune systems, is entering its final stage of trials.

The injection was developed using antibodies - made by the immune system to fight infection - produced by a single Covid patient in the US.

It is hoped it could provide at least six months' protection for patients who cannot receive vaccines.

Trials involving 1,000 UK participants begin in Manchester on Saturday.""

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Amazing! Thank you xxxxxx

Trials involving 1,000 UK participants begin in Manchester on Saturday."

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Amazing! Thank you xxxxxx"

By *rivatepitMan  over a year ago

Battle

Trials involving 1,000 UK participants begin in Manchester on Saturday.""

I also saw this on the BBC this morning and thought of the OP. Fingers crossed.

Also, a big thank you to the OP. I don't know you, or your club, but the way you conduct yourselves on this forum is amazing. Despite all life in general, and 2020 specifically, has thrown at you, your posts are full or courtesy, dignity, and genuine humility. If only more here would learn from your example. Thanks for bringing a bit of class to proceedings.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Thanks for your lovely comments Hopefully we will all make it through and we can welcome you in person sooner rather than later xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I hear a brilliant suggestion.... don’t celebrate Xmas but we should all party on NYE to finally be relieved 2020 is over

By *kexpatMan  over a year ago

kingston

That’s not ethical! You can’t dive into a persons medial history! If that’s the case you would have to have them checked for every Sti, disease out there! "

and then where does it end? certs for TB, tetanus, measles?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

in the real world that is utter nonsense

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Can we keep it positive please, as per the OP? Pretty please?????

One positive is that we have become less material and separation has made us realise what is actually important; family, friends and getting out and enjoying the simple pleasures

Stay safe and have fun everyone. We’ll all meet again soon

By *kexpatMan  over a year ago

kingston

[Removed by poster at 28/11/20 16:16:27]

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

I personally wish to thank all the club owners, you could have quite easily have thrown in the towel. I don’t know what support if any you get from the government, but I can image it’s not easy if you do.

And if you aren’t receiving any support, not only is that disappointing but also scandalous.

I have no idea on the profitability of an adult club, but can’t image its a lot. The operational cost, insurances alone must be eye watering.

I’m a member of a club that operates a hot tub everyday and another over weekends. Steam room, lighting, heating all adds up to a huge amount. Some days only a hand full of people attend and sure Friday night and weekends do get busy, but non the less this club, like so many others, continues to offer a unique experience for us members everyday that they open!

So thank you, thank you for trying to navigate your way through this mind field. Thank you for remaining in place, with a glimmer of hope that 2021 may see us all returning to normal.

May all the clubs, up and down the country see this through and continue as the clubs we know and love.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I’ve had a Hep B vaccine twice and it didn’t work either time. So maybe I’m one of the 2% too. Never thought about whether vaccines in general don’t work for me.

I’d speak to a doctor or vaccine specialist before making a decision. Hardly any vaccines are 100% effective, including those we are all familiar with. It’s not a reason to not have one. If it doesn’t make you Ill, take it. Vaccination is arguably one of the most significant medical breakthroughs ever, may as well give up fore and the wheel if progress worries you that much. "

No mention of worrying about progress or vaccines. Just that for the person above they definitely don’t work and I wondered if they didn’t on me either. I’m clearly not against vaccines as I’ve said I’ve had the one for Hep B twice but it hasn’t worked.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I’d speak to a doctor or vaccine specialist before making a decision. Hardly any vaccines are 100% effective, including those we are all familiar with. It’s not a reason to not have one. If it doesn’t make you Ill, take it. Vaccination is arguably one of the most significant medical breakthroughs ever, may as well give up fore and the wheel if progress worries you that much.

No mention of worrying about progress or vaccines. Just that for the person above they definitely don’t work and I wondered if they didn’t on me either. I’m clearly not against vaccines as I’ve said I’ve had the one for Hep B twice but it hasn’t worked. "

I'd say it's worth taking vaccine and if after a blood test, it doesn't work, you can ask for an immunogenecity test which will establish your response to vaccines in general xx

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

To V&J

What a positive post for all club owners out there! We’ve really missed not doing our annual road trip to the Townhouse but definitely will see you when things re-open!

Keep your chin up and your floggers supple!

Millie x

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

I’ve been to Townhouse before and it’s one of the places that is on my list to take Becky to once we’re all allowed out to play again.

We’ll bring some friends as well.

Stay safe. X

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

Can't wait for the first milf Monday back

"Can't wait for the first milf Monday back "

The guest list is going to fill up in record time

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Can't wait for the first milf Monday back

The guest list is going to fill up in record time "

We may have to have a MILF week when we first re-open...why stick to just one day? Haha

» Add a new message to this topic