FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Will swingers clubs survive?

Will swingers clubs survive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inn OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

When I see the pubs and restaurants are folding due to the prolonged restrictions and the only club in my local area has shut its doors for good, I wonder if many swingers clubs will survive through this winter.

I’m wondering how they can survive and if there are thoughts on how they can operate once reopened.

Opinions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickedwillyCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

Sadly think you could be right

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

This has been discussed loads, but not for a while, so I think it's a legitimate question.

Clubs are getting little or no support from councils and government and are relying on donations/raffles/fundraising to pay their ongoing overheads. It's not helping that we are limited to where we can post and advertise our fundraising links.

None of us know when we can open as we did before; it's going to be a very long time. If we can get reliable, accurate and affordable fast testing like Polish clubs, it will be sooner rather than later.

As for what clubs will still be around. Who knows? I don't want people taking bets on our livelihoods, so it would be good if people could be sensitive in their responses.

Some of us are able to open as bars for socisls when in Tier 1. If the venue serves meals, then they could open in Tier 2. Some of us can do small private hires in Tier 1. Some are doing online stuff, some can't open at all as it's not financially viable.

If people still want to see their clubs open at the end of all this, then as members, your members club needs your support. Go to your club website and see what options you have for donating or fundraising; maybe they're doing something online that you could support.

You could contact them directly on here, but most clubs have taken a break from Fab, so you may not get a fast response.

Speculation isn't helpful. Our reality isn't great and we don't need kicking while we're down, so positivity, kind words and support where possible is appreciated

Xxxx

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

Unfortunately some clubs will go to the wall and some have already closed.

Ultimately clubs will reopen as there is a demand for what they provide, plus new ones will spring up.

Sadly, as in common with other businesses, people will lose their jobs and their dreams will be crushed.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"When I see the pubs and restaurants are folding due to the prolonged restrictions and the only club in my local area has shut its doors for good, I wonder if many swingers clubs will survive through this winter.

I’m wondering how they can survive and if there are thoughts on how they can operate once reopened.

Opinions? "

My guess is they will simply up the entrance prices especially for single men and then try and get ad many single guys to pay as much as possible in through the doors.

They will then do special offers for couple and single female members to notice them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We really miss the club scene as it wasn't just the sex it was the whole social and life style you get at clubs. Its definitely hard on the owners and staff not knowing when they will be able to open again. Hopefully things will improve once the vaccines are rolled out to more and more people and infection rates drop and with luck they can begin to operate properly again not just for socials which are hardly viable from what we have seen. Hope most can hang in there and it won't be much longer..

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Been discussed a million times!

Opinions are like arseholes! Every one had one!

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"When I see the pubs and restaurants are folding due to the prolonged restrictions and the only club in my local area has shut its doors for good, I wonder if many swingers clubs will survive through this winter.

Opinions?

My guess is they will simply up the entrance prices especially for single men and then try and get ad many single guys to pay as much as possible in through the doors.

They will then do special offers for couple and single female members to notice them.

"

It would make for a better atmosphere and therefore healthy return visits to maximise couples with low entrance prices and make up the maximum attendance numbers ( which will probably still be a lower than normal ) with a few single men. A club needs repeat visits from couples and single women not groups of men sharking.

By *inn OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"This has been discussed loads, but not for a while, so I think it's a legitimate question.

Clubs are getting little or no support from councils and government and are relying on donations/raffles/fundraising to pay their ongoing overheads. It's not helping that we are limited to where we can post and advertise our fundraising links.

None of us know when we can open as we did before; it's going to be a very long time. If we can get reliable, accurate and affordable fast testing like Polish clubs, it will be sooner rather than later.

As for what clubs will still be around. Who knows? I don't want people taking bets on our livelihoods, so it would be good if people could be sensitive in their responses.

Some of us are able to open as bars for socisls when in Tier 1. If the venue serves meals, then they could open in Tier 2. Some of us can do small private hires in Tier 1. Some are doing online stuff, some can't open at all as it's not financially viable.

If people still want to see their clubs open at the end of all this, then as members, your members club needs your support. Go to your club website and see what options you have for donating or fundraising; maybe they're doing something online that you could support.

You could contact them directly on here, but most clubs have taken a break from Fab, so you may not get a fast response.

Speculation isn't helpful. Our reality isn't great and we don't need kicking while we're down, so positivity, kind words and support where possible is appreciated

Xxxx"

I am not bashing the clubs - I am genuinely concerned and lament the loss of the After8 club.

It’s good to know that there is fund raising and other activities planned to support the clubs.

Given the circumstances I would have hoped FAB could waiver the rules to promote fund raising to help the clubs survive.

Maybe community funding is something that could work for some clubs.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"This has been discussed loads, but not for a while, so I think it's a legitimate question.

Xxxx

I am not bashing the clubs - I am genuinely concerned and lament the loss of the After8 club.

It’s good to know that there is fund raising and other activities planned to support the clubs.

Given the circumstances I would have hoped FAB could waiver the rules to promote fund raising to help the clubs survive.

Maybe community funding is something that could work for some clubs. "

I wasn't referring to you re: bashing/speculation/negativity x

Opinions? "

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, but was worried about getting my head bitten off

Do any of the clubs have a time frame in mind by which they absolutely cannot continue to trade?

I ask this because one particular club owner said back in February when lockdown was only hypothetical,that if they were forced to temporarily close, they wouldn't be able to afford to reopen. Yet they are still around and hanging on.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Opinions?

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, but was worried about getting my head bitten off

Do any of the clubs have a time frame in mind by which they absolutely cannot continue to trade?

I ask this because one particular club owner said back in February when lockdown was only hypothetical,that if they were forced to temporarily close, they wouldn't be able to afford to reopen. Yet they are still around and hanging on."

I don't think any club is going to divulge that on a public forum to be honest? Their business is their business and February 2020 is quite a different time to December 2020 with club owners being creative in their approach to staying 'alive'.

I don't think it's helpful to ask what clubs are struggling or if they are on the brink of bankruptcy. Only time will tell and rather than sit on a forum and speculate who will survive and who won't, it would be great if people could direct that energy into actually helping the clubs and donating to their individual fundraising efforts.

This is not me biting your head off by the way as you have been super nice on the forums and supportive of us all. It's a general sweeping statement to those less sensitive on the forums! lol xxx

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

10 months of no income would drive a lot of business to the wall, let alone one whose premis is built on social interaction in very close quarters.

Be sad to see some of them.clpae, but opportunity for new ones to open too.

I really don't think they will survive. CJ's in Glasgow seem to think that she'll (hopefully!) open in January. Don't know why as I'm pretty sure we'll back in lockdown!

I think a business reliant on close proximity and freedom of movement of customers, but within an adult / sexual context, won’t be first priority for government funding etc, alongside many other businesses sadly. Guidance can change so quickly, and behaviours too, so it’s hard to predict how long some will go. I can’t comment on viability, but even sensible businesses who have saved profits previously / have a healthy balance will not be feeling comfortable now, regarding the future, nevermind clubs of this nature.

This site has many people who have enjoyed clubs, and love swinging as a lifestyle choice. If even a small percentage could support financially or contribute in other ways (e.g. donate raffle prizes or be creative) then I am sure that will help to ease that burden, or keep them alive whilst we are all in this pandemic, and that is both selfish and unselfish - give something to keep alive the world that we would like to have when we are on the other side.

Just my thoughts. Fingers crossed many make it through.

By *uriousKinksterMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

As with every business that's been hit by Covid, I truly hope the people behind them are okay.

I was only out of work for around 4.5 months and the anxiety during that time was awful (although I'm a one man band so the time off was nice and I didn't have staff or premises to worry about). Honestly I feel for everyone who's had this looming over them for so long now.

The sad reality is that a lot of businesses will have to close, but I highly doubt it'll be a permanent end to swinging, or at least I hope it isn't. We've met some absolutely fantastic people and had a really great time at several clubs around the Midlands, and for the most part the people in the scene are fab - not least of all those who invest their time and money to make it all possible.

If anyone needs to talk about it, there's people and places that care - myself included - so feel free to reach out if you feel it'll help.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I think a business reliant on close proximity and freedom of movement of customers, but within an adult / sexual context, won’t be first priority for government funding etc, alongside many other businesses sadly. Guidance can change so quickly, and behaviours too, so it’s hard to predict how long some will go. I can’t comment on viability, but even sensible businesses who have saved profits previously / have a healthy balance will not be feeling comfortable now, regarding the future, nevermind clubs of this nature.

This site has many people who have enjoyed clubs, and love swinging as a lifestyle choice. If even a small percentage could support financially or contribute in other ways (e.g. donate raffle prizes or be creative) then I am sure that will help to ease that burden, or keep them alive whilst we are all in this pandemic, and that is both selfish and unselfish - give something to keep alive the world that we would like to have when we are on the other side.

Just my thoughts. Fingers crossed many make it through. "

Sadly what has happened with a lot of hospitality is what happens every January. We are all quieter that time of year, so we refurb, invest in improvements, put money into developing technology etc.... knowing that we will recoup it back in the summer. So when we hit March, a lot of pubs, bars, restaurants, night clubs and adult venues where left with very little savings as we had spent a large portion of profit on reinvestment.

'Sensible businesses'....a lot of my club colleagues are sensible and shrewd business people who have legally and legitimately made a success out of their clubs. Swingers clubs are up there as one of the hardest businesses to navigate in hospitality due to it's very nature and opposition from many angles. So I do hope that WE are counted as sensible businesses.

What you suggest is really helpful. If people cannot donate financially, then it could be that some of you could donate time to your local club. Maybe they will be looking to make further improvements once we know what our future looks like and they may be looking for sparks, builders, carpenters, plumbers etc.... Some clubs may welcome donations of goods to raffle. Maybe you sell sex toys or kink equipment which could be donated. Maybe you're a hairdresser and want to donate a hairdoo to the raffles taking place.

Maybe your a printer and would like to offer some free marketing material when the clubs open or you're a web designer who could offer an overhaul of websites.

I don't know, I'm just throwing these things out there. There are many ways in which you could help your local club through this. If you feel you have nothing to offer, then the nicest thing to receive right now is a message of support. I can't tell you how happy it makes me when one of our guests simply drop us a text or email to spur us on and tell us that they are thinking of us. It's so lovely to know that kinky folk have our back

xxx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I think a business reliant on close proximity and freedom of movement of customers, but within an adult / sexual context, won’t be first priority for government funding etc, alongside many other businesses sadly. Guidance can change so quickly, and behaviours too, so it’s hard to predict how long some will go. I can’t comment on viability, but even sensible businesses who have saved profits previously / have a healthy balance will not be feeling comfortable now, regarding the future, nevermind clubs of this nature.

Just my thoughts. Fingers crossed many make it through.

Sadly what has happened with a lot of hospitality is what happens every January. We are all quieter that time of year, so we refurb, invest in improvements, put money into developing technology etc.... knowing that we will recoup it back in the summer. So when we hit March, a lot of pubs, bars, restaurants, night clubs and adult venues where left with very little savings as we had spent a large portion of profit on reinvestment.

'Sensible businesses'....a lot of my club colleagues are sensible and shrewd business people who have legally and legitimately made a success out of their clubs. Swingers clubs are up there as one of the hardest businesses to navigate in hospitality due to it's very nature and opposition from many angles. So I do hope that WE are counted as sensible businesses.

What you suggest is really helpful. If people cannot donate financially, then it could be that some of you could donate time to your local club. Maybe they will be looking to make further improvements once we know what our future looks like and they may be looking for sparks, builders, carpenters, plumbers etc.... Some clubs may welcome donations of goods to raffle. Maybe you sell sex toys or kink equipment which could be donated. Maybe you're a hairdresser and want to donate a hairdoo to the raffles taking place.

Maybe your a printer and would like to offer some free marketing material when the clubs open or you're a web designer who could offer an overhaul of websites.

I don't know, I'm just throwing these things out there. There are many ways in which you could help your local club through this. If you feel you have nothing to offer, then the nicest thing to receive right now is a message of support. I can't tell you how happy it makes me when one of our guests simply drop us a text or email to spur us on and tell us that they are thinking of us. It's so lovely to know that kinky folk have our back

xxx "

*You're*

"

xxx "

Yep, apologies, I meant generally for businesses, sure that any swinging / bdsm clubs that have are open long term have good leadership, like you say it’s not a walk in the park, in an area of industry that is known for being difficult to start up and grow etc.

And I echo the points of your conversation - I’m sure there will be people who can help, without probably even realising it. Hopefully we can play our play where possible

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I do hope that all the clubs are able to survive Covid19.I am a member of just one club OP4F in North London as it’s fairly local to me.I know whilst North London was in tier 2 that they had details on their website where I think you could hire the club but I think you needed to be in a bubble of 6.I am not sure how that went for them but I hope it went well as we really need all clubs to survive and thrive.

By *artners Club BuryCouple  over a year ago

Bury

Hi guys

Over the past few months we have been following your posts and noted your concerns, your remarks and your very much valued opinions on the future of swingers clubs and the Swinging scene.

Firstly I would like to explain that the reason we have refrained from posting a comment on any of the forums is simply due to the lack of true information from our local council and from the government.

After a meeting with our local MP, and a further meeting with the local council we now feel we can comment on our current situation.

After speaking to the council they made it clear the information I was being given applies to the borough we are in which is Greater Manchester. For information on any other area I would have had to contact the relevant authority.

I have also put this information on our web site for your perusal.

In the borough of Greater Manchester there are five types of venue that are unable to open under any circumstance until further notice.

These are:

1) Disco's

2) Nightclubs

3) Dance Halls

4) Hostess Bars

5) Sexual Entertainment Venues.

Partners are registered as a

Sexual Entertainment Venue and we have been told we cannot open, we cannot hold private events and we cannot lease or rent the venue to anyone for any purpose. I made a proposal to the council to install six latex sex dolls male and female for use privately on a strict booking system. This application was turned down as I mentioned above we are not allowed to open under any circumstance.

We did consider a change of licence allowing us to open with restrictions, however doing this could have cost us our sexual entertainment licence and we decided against this option.

While we have been closed we have taken the time to catch up on maintenance work and other work that we were unable to do while we were open. We have completely renewed the drainage system in the wet area and fully re-paved the same. The dungeon area has been re-vamped and everything is looking good.

Before we open we will install new carpets throughout the club and a few of the rooms will be given a makeover.

The latest information provided to us by Bury Borough Council is that they will review our situation at the end of April 2021. This news is not good news as it means we will have been closed for over 12 months.

I appreciate other clubs in other areas are suffering and I offer my sympathy. There IS help out there and I would advise any club owners to contact their local council or better still their local MP to see exactly what help is available.

Any further information I receive I will post on our web site

www.partnersswingersclub.co.uk.

Hope to see you guys in the very near future and stay safe.

Merry Xmas and all the best for the

New Year.

Partners

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Hi guys

Over the past few months we have been following your posts and noted your concerns, your remarks and your very much valued opinions on the future of swingers clubs and the Swinging scene.

Firstly I would like to explain that the reason we have refrained from posting a comment on any of the forums is simply due to the lack of true information from our local council and from the government.

After a meeting with our local MP, and a further meeting with the local council we now feel we can comment on our current situation.

After speaking to the council they made it clear the information I was being given applies to the borough we are in which is Greater Manchester. For information on any other area I would have had to contact the relevant authority.

I have also put this information on our web site for your perusal.

In the borough of Greater Manchester there are five types of venue that are unable to open under any circumstance until further notice.

These are:

1) Disco's

2) Nightclubs

3) Dance Halls

4) Hostess Bars

5) Sexual Entertainment Venues.

Partners are registered as a

Sexual Entertainment Venue and we have been told we cannot open, we cannot hold private events and we cannot lease or rent the venue to anyone for any purpose. I made a proposal to the council to install six latex sex dolls male and female for use privately on a strict booking system. This application was turned down as I mentioned above we are not allowed to open under any circumstance.

We did consider a change of licence allowing us to open with restrictions, however doing this could have cost us our sexual entertainment licence and we decided against this option.

While we have been closed we have taken the time to catch up on maintenance work and other work that we were unable to do while we were open. We have completely renewed the drainage system in the wet area and fully re-paved the same. The dungeon area has been re-vamped and everything is looking good.

Before we open we will install new carpets throughout the club and a few of the rooms will be given a makeover.

The latest information provided to us by Bury Borough Council is that they will review our situation at the end of April 2021. This news is not good news as it means we will have been closed for over 12 months.

I appreciate other clubs in other areas are suffering and I offer my sympathy. There IS help out there and I would advise any club owners to contact their local council or better still their local MP to see exactly what help is available.

Any further information I receive I will post on our web site

www.partnersswingersclub.co.uk.

Hope to see you guys in the very near future and stay safe.

Merry Xmas and all the best for the

New Year.

Partners

"

The problem for many clubs is categorisation. Very few swingers clubs in the UK are classed as SEVs and hold an SEV licence. There isn't one standard classification for swingers club across all authorities. Some of us are night clubs, some are spas, some are private members clubs and some span a few categories.

There is limited funding for certain categories depending on several factors including when the business closed, if they were forced to close and if they ever re-opened and then closed when the Tiers came in. Also, a lot of the funding is controlled by the council who will establish if you are eligible or not.

Clubs with a licensed bar like ourselves, were told that we could open as a bar in July but some of us chose not to as it wasn't financially viable. This meant that we were excluded from some funding as we were not forced to stay closed and had options to open under other guises. It's bullshit and you can imagine the conversations I've had.

Believe me, councils across the country are finding any way they can to avoid paying out. I am in touch with club owners right across the country and how some of them have been treated is disgraceful.

It sounds like your council have worked with you, which is amazing; it's good to hear someone is coming through this ok.

Best of luck going forward and the refurbs sound great!!!!

Much love to all at Partners

Vic xxx

Interesting reading this as it makes me wonder if CJ's in Glasgow has seen this thread. It would certainly give her clarity on the situation x

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Holding out for hope here but I do wish that they do manage to survive and comeback hopefully after a large portion off the population are vaccinated...

I used to thoroughly enjoy visiting Cupids I had some happy memories and met some great people there and also at Amour....

I even visited Town House in November last year for the first time and had a pleasant experience and was going to visit then lo and behold lockdown and pandemic unfortunately happened...

Ah well someday things MAY reopen and slowly get back on track in time and if it does I will happily visit again.....

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

Just wanted to thank the clubs who have posted in this thread. Informative insight, thought provoking and sentiments around being sensitive and not speculating have been excellently made.

Our favourite club has already gone but we plan on getting actively involved with others we attend and we urge others to do the same

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I would be surprised if they were ever able to open the same as before unfortunately. I think there is hope for clubs of all kinds being able to reopen again.

However, despite what people say and how many refusals people do. I can see some sort of very strict law enforced ' prove you haven't got Covid rule! ' Of course I don't agree with that! but I can see that system being introduced into lots of different places in not too many years to come unless things change fast .

There will absolutely be those who refuse and who have a right to refuse to take tests or vaccines etc. However, the argument then will be that as much as they have that right to refuse . Other people have a right to exclude them and those who act and think the same way from things like clubs and even pubs , gyms etc for the general safety of the public . Look at it this way everyone wears a mask now to stop spittle and moisture droplets .. what chance has anyone got of mixing other bodily fluids in company ? zero I would say ! Sex / swinging clubs are pretty much done unless they start to think about fairly radical changes to not just how clean a place is .. the whole concept of ' swinging' is going to be re defined surely ?

Will that mean for those who yearn for the old days of naked/ orgy like debauchery there will be illegal sex clubs, drinking clubs and gyms to tone up their bods etc ? in the future will we have places that are ' known' about but very much underground and reminiscent of places that used to exist a hundred years ago in a much stricter society ? In modern times it could be where people do not have to show any proof of a ' good health card/ bar code swipe ' etc ? perhaps there may be some sort of ' off grid/ underground' movement starting to grow that will accomadate that.

Also as another thought what really defines ' good health'? that definition may also not just be restricted to Covid .. for example you could be refused hospital treatment if you are seen to show no interest in stopping smoking or doing any excercise etc in the same way benefits are stopped for not looking for work . Yes ! its a ' dystopian' view of things but you have to admit not entirely impossible in a few years!

My advice would be for as many people as possible to start complying with the rules now . Take the pills, potions and jabs and follow the blinking rules before your refusal actually spoils it for everyone and the governemnt really start to understand what power of control they could start to wield over everyone. As much a people moan and complain about rights etc this really could be the very beginning of something far far worse .. resistance I fear is very much ' futile'. That is even if everyone follows the rules . We are really now looking at a world that very soon is going to be a hell of a lot different :/

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

If they dont survive new ones will open when this is all over

vancouver island

Opinions? "

Nothing lasts forever, not even this virus

We have overcome worst

By *elly babesCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Feel for clubs at the moment dammed if they do (the authorities) dammed if they don't (some customers). It's the same with pubs and clubs trying to think out of the box to get things going again however human nature kicks in and we the customers go back to our old ways as complacency kicks in leaving the provider to try and police it risking fines and shut down.

There is room for a new but less contact experience it's just whether it is viable in the short term.

By *ude boy 2017Man  over a year ago

Bolton

Suppose the quicker everyone is vaccinated the sooner clubs will reopen and normally resumes

From talking to friends about returning to some sort of normality. There are a lot of people banking on the vaccine being rolled out. Even then we need a minimum of a 70% uptake to generate herd immunity. Once that is achievedthen, then hopefully we can start to think about returning to a new normal. Once this is achieved we can hopefully start to mingle.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"If they dont survive new ones will open when this is all over"

This isn’t going to ‘over’

By *van ArdenMan  over a year ago

Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

Like most businesses that are under continuing pressure due to th Coronavirus some will probably go under but only temporarily I think. There will always be a requirement to satisfy sexual and social pleasures in a safe environment and swinger clubs provide that and I myself have enjoyed them and I hope to enjoy them in the future.

By *orderboyblueMan  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

No chance, sorry

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Perhaps the sex will be removed from clubs and that will happen elsewhere.

By *weetnjuicycoupleCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

Which clubs have set up fundraisers?

Chams members here and haven’t seen anything about a fundraiser but personally we would happily donate and try and support others

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Which clubs have set up fundraisers?

Chams members here and haven’t seen anything about a fundraiser but personally we would happily donate and try and support others "

Most clubs have info on their websites about any fundraisers ongoing xx

harrow

"Like most businesses that are under continuing pressure due to th Coronavirus some will probably go under but only temporarily I think. There will always be a requirement to satisfy sexual and social pleasures in a safe environment and swinger clubs provide that and I myself have enjoyed them and I hope to enjoy them in the future."

No chance

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Most clubs have info on their websites about any fundraisers ongoing xx"

I bet there will be plenty of people on forums telling the world how willing they will be to assist with fund raising.

There will also be those, who, on "day one" of "return to normal" will want a refund on the unused proportion of their 2019-2020 membership fees.

Welcome to the wonderful world of people.

I personally think that a sex club shouldn't be setting up a fundraiser in the first place and it certainly shouldn't be something swingers should be doing either. I'm sure the people who either own/lease the clubs have another form of income coming in, while the clubs are closed x

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I personally think that a sex club shouldn't be setting up a fundraiser in the first place and it certainly shouldn't be something swingers should be doing either. I'm sure the people who either own/lease the clubs have another form of income coming in, while the clubs are closed x"

Really? Please do share what funding you think we're all getting!

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

"I personally think that a sex club shouldn't be setting up a fundraiser in the first place and it certainly shouldn't be something swingers should be doing either. I'm sure the people who either own/lease the clubs have another form of income coming in, while the clubs are closed x"

Be sure to let them know won't you I would've thought with a lot closing thier doors for good with no choice would've give you an idea to what they're going through and everytime I see a post like this my heart sinks everytime it's like someone guessing I'd were all going to have a job at the end of this or not so when posting please give some thought to the owners and employees when wording it's hard enough as.it is

By *weetnjuicycoupleCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

An incredibly narrow point of view - it’s a business like any other and should be entitled to the same support others are getting- fundraisers can help prevent these clubs from simply going bust - we would be fascinated how you justify that statement about why swingers clubs shouldn’t set up a fundraiser- please elaborate

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I personally think that a sex club shouldn't be setting up a fundraiser in the first place and it certainly shouldn't be something swingers should be doing either. I'm sure the people who either own/lease the clubs have another form of income coming in, while the clubs are closed x

Be sure to let them know won't you I would've thought with a lot closing thier doors for good with no choice would've give you an idea to what they're going through and everytime I see a post like this my heart sinks everytime it's like someone guessing I'd were all going to have a job at the end of this or not so when posting please give some thought to the owners and employees when wording it's hard enough as.it is "

This reminds me....I must go to the club and water our money tree

By *he Sex PistolsCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Why should they not set up fundraisers? They are not begging for donations to line their pockets they are simply doing whatever it takes to survive this shit show of a year.

We personally would donate whatever we can to see a business survive, especially a business that has allowed us to become comfortable as the people we really are. A place that allows thousands of people to find themselves and simply be happy expressing who they really are. Maybe you haven't had these same experiences in any 'sex clubs' you have visited however for alot of people these venues are far more than just a sex club, they are our safe place and a place we would be devastated to lose if they had to close their doors for good.

"I personally think that a sex club shouldn't be setting up a fundraiser in the first place and it certainly shouldn't be something swingers should be doing either. I'm sure the people who either own/lease the clubs have another form of income coming in, while the clubs are closed x

Be sure to let them know won't you I would've thought with a lot closing thier doors for good with no choice would've give you an idea to what they're going through and everytime I see a post like this my heart sinks everytime it's like someone guessing I'd were all going to have a job at the end of this or not so when posting please give some thought to the owners and employees when wording it's hard enough as.it is

This reminds me....I must go to the club and water our money tree"

Can't wait to be over again I'll be there with bells on merry Xmas townhouse much love sent your way

I think maybe what Kitty Kat means is that the people who run the clubs, have day jobs on top of having the club. Therefore that income maybe goes toward the upkeep of the club?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I think maybe what Kitty Kat means is that the people who run the clubs, have day jobs on top of having the club. Therefore that income maybe goes toward the upkeep of the club? "

Nope. Jim and I worked 90 hour weeks when the club was open. Most clubs have full time owners.

Yes I am doing some other temp work for now to PAY OUR OWN HOUSEHOLD BILLS. But what about the thousands a month that clubs leak out of the walls when they are closed? Who pays for that? Hospitality, especially night clubs have been shafted on funding front.

birmingham

When normality returns, if couples and single ladies volunteered to pay the same admission price that single guys pay, if only for a while, I'm sure that would help clear some of the debts that the club owners are racking up.

harrow

"When normality returns, if couples and single ladies volunteered to pay the same admission price that single guys pay, if only for a while, I'm sure that would help clear some of the debts that the club owners are racking up.

"

No business can wait that long and either way ‘normality’ is years away

"When normality returns, if couples and single ladies volunteered to pay the same admission price that single guys pay, if only for a while, I'm sure that would help clear some of the debts that the club owners are racking up.

No business can wait that long and either way ‘normality’ is years away"

^ this

I personally wouldn't care how much I had to pay to attend (and I do actually mean that) if it saves our clubs.

The way forward for clubs is the old United we stand divided we fall.

In effect a club association to set common entry criteria did health and ID. This will save the reinvention if the wheel. In addition swinger sites need to find a legal way forward to support the clubs in their Phoenix reopenings as they are linked in a pseudo symbiotic relationship of success or failure.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"The way forward for clubs is the old United we stand divided we fall.

In effect a club association to set common entry criteria did health and ID. This will save the reinvention if the wheel. In addition swinger sites need to find a legal way forward to support the clubs in their Phoenix reopenings as they are linked in a pseudo symbiotic relationship of success or failure. "

Many clubs are already working together, which has been amazing

As for swinging sites supporting clubs...hahaha

Xxx

By *appy2100Couple  over a year ago

kensington

No problem paying some exrta cash to make rhem work

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Unfortunately some clubs will go to the wall and some have already closed.

Ultimately clubs will reopen as there is a demand for what they provide, plus new ones will spring up.

Sadly, as in common with other businesses, people will lose their jobs and their dreams will be crushed.

"

Any business needs money to survive the longer they're shut due to the pandemic the more will result in closure Im not a frequenter of them but hope for the people who attended them they can somehow get through this shite.

Opinions?

"

I'm not sure how much scope there is for increasing prices before you lose as much as you gain in lower door numbers. And of course the door numbers are going to be a big question mark to begin with when it first re-starts. If it ever restarts. There will be a sizeable number of people who stay away as they don't want to leave their bubble wrap so pricing the remaining options out of the club isn't necessarily a good move from a business perspective. Especially as the quieter a club is the fewer people will want to come, it could become a vicious circle.

Some will pay higher prices, others will consider whether its better to simply book a hotel for any pre-arranged meets (About half the time we attend clubs its to have a pre-arranged meet).

I am looking forward to the clubs reopening as much as anyone, but I think there might need to be a little more outside the box thinking on getting people through the door

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Each time I see a "will this close" thread I think the same thing: its been disczssed to death whether each individual club will survive. Many may not. But there will still be a demand. Even if every club in the UK closes, more will open up once they can. No matter how much people tell us 'life will never be the same', people will still want to go out and do what they did before and whether its existing clubs or new ones, give it a year or two and things will return. Whilever there's a demand they will return in some form.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve donated to the fundraiser for CJs which wasn’t set up by them but by a regular. The only thing is Fab doesn’t let you put up the links and ends us removing the link, your profile and suspended one member. It’s extremely difficult to get the word around that there’s a fundraiser.

I don’t see how you think club owners have time for a full time job as well as running a club. CJs for instance does have other uses for the club out with club nights and afternoons. The place doesn’t clean itself and there’s laundry to be done.

You also have to remember that club owners have mortgages or rent to pay on their homes as well as their clubs.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Each time I see a "will this close" thread I think the same thing: its been disczssed to death whether each individual club will survive. Many may not. But there will still be a demand. Even if every club in the UK closes, more will open up once they can. No matter how much people tell us 'life will never be the same', people will still want to go out and do what they did before and whether its existing clubs or new ones, give it a year or two and things will return. Whilever there's a demand they will return in some form."

This any demand will be picked up by some someone in the future.

it’s not too dissimilar to the gay community and the beginnings of the pink pound. Some entrepreneurs saw that the Gay community had a lot of disposable income, so opening and actually reaching out to the community and making specific venues not only friendly but actually exclusive to them, then they could make a lot of money and help the LGBTI as an afterthought as well.

Fetish and Swingers club will emerge from this pandemic as there’s a market, hopefully soon.

By *absFrenchGentMan  over a year ago

stafford

I miss TH so bad it's the best club I've ever been to I can only wish you all the best for 2021

By *absFrenchGentMan  over a year ago

stafford

But if they allow too many men couples and single women won't turn up as it'll be just too much pressure

[Removed by poster at 26/12/20 11:31:00]

"Been discussed a million times!

Opinions are like arseholes! Every one had one! "

And the point is?

Are you really this rude?

By *dmichelle1974TV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

Any news on Angels in melksham, if that is ok or closed for good

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Opinions?

"

As much as I appreciate a bit of a greedy girl session on occasion, too many guys will put couples and females off from going again. If couples and females aren't coming in, single guys won't either. So doubt that's going to be their approach x

Some will, some won't. Depends on how they are able to cover overheads. But new ones will eventually open if there is seen to be demand.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Each time I see a "will this close" thread I think the same thing: its been disczssed to death whether each individual club will survive. Many may not. But there will still be a demand. Even if every club in the UK closes, more will open up once they can. No matter how much people tell us 'life will never be the same', people will still want to go out and do what they did before and whether its existing clubs or new ones, give it a year or two and things will return. Whilever there's a demand they will return in some form."

Maybe but maybe not. Consider .. right now we are in the middle of it all and at some future point in time (a year or two) things will hopefully be under some control. Then at that stage pressure will be placed on governments to ensure this doesn't happen again . Sex club's even night clubs might be considered too risky .. travel etc . We could be facing a lot of banned activities moving forward.

"Each time I see a "will this close" thread I think the same thing: its been disczssed to death whether each individual club will survive. Many may not. But there will still be a demand. Even if every club in the UK closes, more will open up once they can. No matter how much people tell us 'life will never be the same', people will still want to go out and do what they did before and whether its existing clubs or new ones, give it a year or two and things will return. Whilever there's a demand they will return in some form.

Maybe but maybe not. Consider .. right now we are in the middle of it all and at some future point in time (a year or two) things will hopefully be under some control. Then at that stage pressure will be placed on governments to ensure this doesn't happen again . Sex club's even night clubs might be considered too risky .. travel etc . We could be facing a lot of banned activities moving forward. "

Never thought of that

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

Yes they will survive and they will all be open by Easter 2021

Sheffield

"Each time I see a "will this close" thread I think the same thing: its been disczssed to death whether each individual club will survive. Many may not. But there will still be a demand. Even if every club in the UK closes, more will open up once they can. No matter how much people tell us 'life will never be the same', people will still want to go out and do what they did before and whether its existing clubs or new ones, give it a year or two and things will return. Whilever there's a demand they will return in some form.

Maybe but maybe not. Consider .. right now we are in the middle of it all and at some future point in time (a year or two) things will hopefully be under some control. Then at that stage pressure will be placed on governments to ensure this doesn't happen again . Sex club's even night clubs might be considered too risky .. travel etc . We could be facing a lot of banned activities moving forward.

Never thought of that "

Just food for thought. Its far too early to predict anything tbh .

Never thought of that

Just food for thought. Its far too early to predict anything tbh . "

Oh I agree.....however it makes sense with what the WHO are saying

"Yes they will survive and they will all be open by Easter 2021 "

Have you got Saturdays lottery numbers please

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 18:24:44]

Maybe but maybe not. Consider .. right now we are in the middle of it all and at some future point in time (a year or two) things will hopefully be under some control. Then at that stage pressure will be placed on governments to ensure this doesn't happen again . Sex club's even night clubs might be considered too risky .. travel etc . We could be facing a lot of banned activities moving forward. "

This is not going to happen, if we lived in North Korea maybe but no govt will try and stop people having fun in whatever legal way they can.

Lets have some positivity here, we are nearly there and most clubs are still here, we are hanging on in there just like everyone else.

At some point we will look back and wonder what happened to a year in our lives

harrow

Easter? Seriously- what planet are you on?!

"Yes they will survive and they will all be open by Easter 2021

Easter? Seriously- what planet are you on?! "

The planet of sense, sensibility and hope

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

The planet of sense, sensibility and hope "

well saud, we do not need negativity we need something to look forward to

The planet of sense, sensibility and hope well saud, we do not need negativity we need something to look forward to "

Yes we do. Nobody really knows what’s going to happen but positivity on this forum seems to have disappeared

Edinburgh.

This reminds me....I must go to the club and water our money tree"

Oh make sure the goose nesting in it doesn’t lay a golden egg on your head.

Edinburgh.

I think once we are 15m vaccinated in, then it will be up to people to do as they wish. So as long as you are under 50 (or have had a vaccine) I see no problem with going back to normal. Can’t see that taking longer than Easter. See you all at cjs for the big party. By the time we get to 40m this will all be a distant memory. Our main shielded person gets his jab next week. So we can stop breaking all the rules we have to keep him safe and move on. X

harrow

"I think once we are 15m vaccinated in, then it will be up to people to do as they wish. So as long as you are under 50 (or have had a vaccine) I see no problem with going back to normal. Can’t see that taking longer than Easter. See you all at cjs for the big party. By the time we get to 40m this will all be a distant memory. Our main shielded person gets his jab next week. So we can stop breaking all the rules we have to keep him safe and move on. X"

15 million will take months and takes us down to approx all over 70s vaccinated and you can't see a problem going back to 'normal'! If you think social distancing is going to end in 2021 you are in for a big shock!

harrow

The planet of sense, sensibility and hope "

All clubs open by March/April then?!

All clubs open by March/April then?! "

Can’t wait

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Some will and some won't survive. It's impossible to say who will or won't.

I imagi E long established clubs who own their own premises will be more likely to survive as their fixed cost overheads will be less.

Newer clubs paying a lease will need deep pockets and a build up of debt to survive what could be 18 months of closure.

By *outhlincscplCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

We are so missing the clubs. Can't wait for them to open up again so stay safe we'll see you soon we hope

harrow

Can’t wait "

2022 at best !

Can’t wait

2022 at best ! "

The thing is it’s all guess work isn’t it, let’s just hope

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

Like everything else in this crazy world at the moment..

If a business fails and goes to the wall, another will rise from its ashes and clubs will carry on ..

Unfortunately that means current owners will suffer hardship.. hopefully for them they recover quickly..

But if there’s a gap in the market for clubs later on this year, someone will fill the void ..

Be optimistic.. maybe new clubs will be better and be filled with all kinds of new stuff ..

"I think once we are 15m vaccinated in, then it will be up to people to do as they wish. So as long as you are under 50 (or have had a vaccine) I see no problem with going back to normal. Can’t see that taking longer than Easter. See you all at cjs for the big party. By the time we get to 40m this will all be a distant memory. Our main shielded person gets his jab next week. So we can stop breaking all the rules we have to keep him safe and move on. X

15 million will take months and takes us down to approx all over 70s vaccinated and you can't see a problem going back to 'normal'! If you think social distancing is going to end in 2021 you are in for a big shock! "

I don't think that many people are aware that the Covid vaccination is only a small part of the process of clubs reopening.

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

SELBY

New clubs pubs and restaurants will open in time .

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I agree, like any business, new ones will pick up where the old ones left. However, I know how hard all of our fellow club owners have worked to get where they are, so I would prefer it if as many current clubs as possible could make it through!

By *he-ProfessorMan  over a year ago

cheltenham

I very much look forward to the day I can walk through the doors of a club again, even more so stepping into a jacuzzi full of naked people laughing & sharing some banter.

I genuinely wish there was a clear method of peer support for the clubs I like to attend but alas nothing I can find. I'd happily have renewed my memberships even knowing I was unlikely to get to utilise it.

I agree with those that are trying to remain positive, I also agree with those who emphasise that there is more to the reopening of clubs than a shot in the arm, truth is that it will be when it will be.

I just hope that once that time arrives everyone gets behind the clubs and attends as regularly as they can, even more so I hope the threads about "Outrageous pricing for single males" is the true casualty of all this as hopefully those single guys like myself who predominantly play in clubs remember this period without the clubs!

The more people that are mixing the more chance of it not going away i.e more chance of clubs shutting so you do the math.

Time and time again people are having party's and publically displaying photos of meets and then the clubs are expected to be there.

When your all ready support your clubs and don't do secret party's which we all know are going on

Bedfont Feltham

[Removed by poster at 02/01/21 17:00:47]

birmingham

"...Time and time again people are having party's and publically displaying photos of meets and then the clubs are expected to be there..."

Of course they are. And for as long as it's acceptable to blame the government for the consequences of what they do, and for as long as they are promised absolution for their responsibilities by voting for the opposition, why not? Everything to gain, nothing to lose.

Until these people are ostracised by their peer groups and exposed for their antisocial activities "from within", what's to stop them?

If someone was named and shamed, and banned from all clubs in the UK by some kind of coordinated action, for what they have done and what they have put as risk, then it might start to make a difference. That would be a punishment that they would understand. As the likelihood of that happening is on the negative side of zero, they know that they can get away with it.

"Like everything else in this crazy world at the moment..

If a business fails and goes to the wall, another will rise from its ashes and clubs will carry on ..

Unfortunately that means current owners will suffer hardship.. hopefully for them they recover quickly..

But if there’s a gap in the market for clubs later on this year, someone will fill the void ..

Be optimistic.. maybe new clubs will be better and be filled with all kinds of new stuff ..

"

You are probably right in what you say, but come on mate! We are still here so dont write us out of the lifestyle just yet!!!!

Talk about out with the old and in with the new!!

By *bzboy66Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I agree, like any business, new ones will pick up where the old ones left. However, I know how hard all of our fellow club owners have worked to get where they are, so I would prefer it if as many current clubs as possible could make it through! "

Absolutely. People talking about new clubs taking over once the existing ones have folded sounds like a right kick in the bollocks for club owners. Support what's here, new ones may not open so readily...

Anyway on the subject of Townhouse, I managed one visit before covid struck and I can say it was a fantastic club.

Wishing you all the best.

Blackpool

Opinions?

We have overcome worst"

well said

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

SELBY

[Removed by poster at 03/01/21 02:02:29]

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

In all honesty I think this year is going to see a lot of businesses shut not only clubs and this time next year the world be a very different place!

What will replace the clubs? House party’s I guess!

If/when restrictions ease up clubs will open and if any survive they will have monopoly of the scene and hopefully be better and busier than they was before!

Hope all club owners and everyone with a business gets thru this best they can, good luck guys

Blackpool

Can't wait for our favourite club to open again, clubs will reopen

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

Opinions?

We have overcome worst"

Such as?

Nothing on such a scale in living history (and WW2 doesn't count)

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

I think club's will go 2 ways

Cheap and cheerful , low overheads and pile them in

Or more exclusive , country house , vetted people kind of party events

If you were a business, you don't want to be in the middle , fighting it out with all the other clubs our there , where's the sense in that ?

"

"

This is my guess to what will start happening in the summer when there is nice weather, people want to meet in groups and no clubs are open.

I know it's happening currently as an as hoc arrangement, but I think it will become the replacement for the clubs until (if) they can reopen

By *ain and sortedMan  over a year ago

Old Harlow Essex

I certainly hope they survive and come back thriving as I'm sure many people who have never ventured will take the oppurtunity, I miss clubs as a social event as much as the diverse fun that can be had with like minded people x going to be sometime yet but something to look forward to x

I see all clubs closing in huge numbers ...doom & gloom

"I see all clubs closing in huge numbers ...doom & gloom "

Unless you can prophesise the future (you can’t by the way) why dont you keep your depressing views to yourself

By *exything 2016Couple  over a year ago

Estepona, Spain

Like all businesses, it us simply supply and demand. If people want to go to clubs in sufficient numbers then there will be clubs open.

My first thoughts were new ones will emerge when it's over. New openings created with the demise of another whatever the service provided. Simple supply and demand which is and was the normal accepted course prior to the pandemic which suddenly because of the numbers is no longer liked mostly due to becoming personal.

It's how business runs. In particular it's how these business made their money in the way many charged.

Maybe new creative business models will emerge with lower overheads as this is a key factor in all of this. I had to sell everything, tools, my motorcycle and van as no support from government as self employed fortunately I was able to borrow money against my van from a family member which allowed to restart slowly again.

I see some trying to be creative in fundraising and would genuinely be interested in knowing how this goes and hopefully they are able too. I always felt many used single guys as a cash cow which propped then up during the good times, maybe couples and females should look into helping out them out more now.

"

This is my guess to what will start happening in the summer when there is nice weather, people want to meet in groups and no clubs are open.

I know it's happening currently as an as hoc arrangement, but I think it will become the replacement for the clubs until (if) they can reopen"

Exactly, less overheads, smaller, more mobile and flexible reaching a wider audience. Maybe less profit but they build up slowly. Walk before running.

Edmonton

I think that once this pandemic is over we will have lost more clubs. I think then some people may organise small gatherings at a large house or hotel.The majority of the people attending will be people known to each other which is good as you like to feel safe and comfortable with people you know.However what about the honest guy that wants to attend a party but can’t because no one knows him.What may well happen is sex parties with paid escorts will increase and be rebranded as swingers party where to a unknown male paying £50 - £80 thinks he is attending a swingers party only to eventually realise it’s a sex party and he still to experience what a swingers experience is as opposed to a sexual experience with a sex worker.

harrow

"I think that once this pandemic is over we will have lost more clubs. I think then some people may organise small gatherings at a large house or hotel.The majority of the people attending will be people known to each other which is good as you like to feel safe and comfortable with people you know.However what about the honest guy that wants to attend a party but can’t because no one knows him.What may well happen is sex parties with paid escorts will increase and be rebranded as swingers party where to a unknown male paying £50 - £80 thinks he is attending a swingers party only to eventually realise it’s a sex party and he still to experience what a swingers experience is as opposed to a sexual experience with a sex worker."

What you can't seem to grasp is this pandemic isn't going to be 'over' . Covid is endemic - it's going nowhere . We will have to live with it , that's all

Does anyone remember the film demolition man?? All physical activities such as sex and kissing where outlawed lol.

"Does anyone remember the film demolition man?? All physical activities such as sex and kissing where outlawed lol. "

Was an interesting movie indeed. Curiosity and DNA took over.

birmingham

"...Covid is endemic - it's going nowhere . We will have to live with it , that's all"

As we have to live with Chicken Pox, Measles, HIV and a variety of STD's.

"I think that once this pandemic is over we will have lost more clubs. I think then some people may organise small gatherings at a large house or hotel.The majority of the people attending will be people known to each other which is good as you like to feel safe and comfortable with people you know.However what about the honest guy that wants to attend a party but can’t because no one knows him.What may well happen is sex parties with paid escorts will increase and be rebranded as swingers party where to a unknown male paying £50 - £80 thinks he is attending a swingers party only to eventually realise it’s a sex party and he still to experience what a swingers experience is as opposed to a sexual experience with a sex worker.

What you can't seem to grasp is this pandemic isn't going to be 'over' . Covid is endemic - it's going nowhere . We will have to live with it , that's all"

Endemic means is only localised to a certain group of people or a particular country. If it was only a that, it wouldnt be such an issue as it is today. But totally agree it's not going anywhere for many many years to come.

birmingham

I hope that the more the elderly and vulnerable are immunised, the more survivable Covid-19 will become. Eventually "heard immunity" will kick in, with the elderly being clinically immunised, and the younger generation who tend not to suffer the symptoms getting their immunity through natural exposure and the body's own self defence mechanism.

As the vaccine makes its way through the age bands, hopefully we'll have a population as widely immunised as they are against other diseases. After that, getting a Covid-19 jab could be a routine thing as it is for MMR, TB Tetanus etc.

Too bad we don't have vaccines against HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea etc. But then again when has the threat of those diseases ever stopped swingers in their tracks?

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Opinions? "

I very much doubt it. They haven’t just got to survive this winter, I can’t see any prospect of them opening before the end of this year ( at best) in any form and when they do I suspect the numbers of customers will be drastically reduced until everyone has had the vaccine and infection rates are very low which will be next year or later - if we are lucky.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Does anyone remember the film demolition man?? All physical activities such as sex and kissing where outlawed lol. "

I really wanted to know how they used the shells when going to the loo!!! For me, it's one of the big unanswered questions! Lol

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

"Does anyone remember the film demolition man?? All physical activities such as sex and kissing where outlawed lol.

I really wanted to know how they used the shells when going to the loo!!! For me, it's one of the big unanswered questions! Lol "

Ha ha ha me too. !!!

Stop being negative lol. They will all survive and bounce back.

Wishing our local one townhouse all the best for the future. Xx

Sheffield

"Does anyone remember the film demolition man?? All physical activities such as sex and kissing where outlawed lol.

I really wanted to know how they used the shells when going to the loo!!! For me, it's one of the big unanswered questions! Lol

Ha ha ha me too. !!!"

Its pretty gross tbh ...

harrow

Do you realise how ridiculous you now look?!

Ha ha ha me too. !!!

Its pretty gross tbh ... "

True.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I really wanted to know how they used the shells when going to the loo!!! For me, it's one of the big unanswered questions! Lol "

you hold two seashells like chopsticks, pull gently and scrape what’s left with the third.

According to Stallone, who was told by the writer of the film.

Some will some won’t no difference to most other business that have been shut

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

"

you hold two seashells like chopsticks, pull gently and scrape what’s left with the third.

"

I always wondered.

Now i know, im not sure if i wanted to lol

Sheffield

"

I always wondered.

Now i know, im not sure if i wanted to lol"

I did warn people...lol

I said on this forum as early as March last year that clubs wouldn't open again for a very long time. And it doesn't give me any pleasure in saying that I think they will be closed at least for much of this year. Especially with this new variant which is highly contagious. Just because we have a vaccine rollout I don't think the way we presently live such as wearing masks and social distancing will disappear anytime soon. It will take a long time for data to be collected on this vaccine on its protection period and its effectiveness in reducing the spread. Its sad to see clubs closing. Like our high street shops that are closing and are thinking of new methods to save our high streets maybe clubs might have to rethink their buisness models in order to survive.

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

It be interesting if local councils will ask for there licenced fees for Sex Entertaiment venue fees as it soon be new tax year.

"It be interesting if local councils will ask for there licenced fees for Sex Entertaiment venue fees as it soon be new tax year. "

Surely they can't do that?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"It be interesting if local councils will ask for there licenced fees for Sex Entertaiment venue fees as it soon be new tax year. "

Boo, only a couple of clubs in the whole country have SEV licences and licence fees do not fall in line with the tax year.

If a licence was granted in September, then it will be due every September.

If clubs are not providing any licenced services and are closed for the foreseeable, then there is room for negotiation. If a club is licensed for alcohol and has been/will be opening for socials, then they would have been paying their licence fee, but could possibly negotiate their licence during lockdown/tiers

harrow

"I said on this forum as early as March last year that clubs wouldn't open again for a very long time. And it doesn't give me any pleasure in saying that I think they will be closed at least for much of this year. Especially with this new variant which is highly contagious. Just because we have a vaccine rollout I don't think the way we presently live such as wearing masks and social distancing will disappear anytime soon. It will take a long time for data to be collected on this vaccine on its protection period and its effectiveness in reducing the spread. Its sad to see clubs closing. Like our high street shops that are closing and are thinking of new methods to save our high streets maybe clubs might have to rethink their buisness models in order to survive. "

Any suggestions for them?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Short answer to the OP.

I pretty much think that everyone agrees that some will survive and some sadly won't.

How many will survive, when they will re-open, and how many people will still want to use them are the unanswerable questions.

The first question is anyone's guess. The only thing I can say is that the longer this goes on the likelihood of more closing gets stronger.

When will clubs re-open. Again we can only guess. Personally I really don't think there will be any change before Easter, and the chances for the summer are (at best) slim. Should all go well with the vaccine's then I suppose we could hope for the Autumn, but even that needs an awful lot of crossed fingers.

How many of us will still want to use them? We can only speak for ourselves.

If the clubs re-opened tomorrow with infection rates as they are, we would stay well clear. However if this summer is a repeat of last with daily infection rates down to a few hundred then we would certainly consider going back. (if they are open of course)

We don't see this virus going away completely for a very long time (if ever) so eventually we will have take some kind of calculated risk. Either that or resign ourselves to sitting at home, watching TV. Until the grim reaper finally turns up (which one day he will for us all anyway)

By *oul BrothaMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy far far away

"I said on this forum as early as March last year that clubs wouldn't open again for a very long time. And it doesn't give me any pleasure in saying that I think they will be closed at least for much of this year. Especially with this new variant which is highly contagious. Just because we have a vaccine rollout I don't think the way we presently live such as wearing masks and social distancing will disappear anytime soon. It will take a long time for data to be collected on this vaccine on its protection period and its effectiveness in reducing the spread. Its sad to see clubs closing. Like our high street shops that are closing and are thinking of new methods to save our high streets maybe clubs might have to rethink their buisness models in order to survive.

Any suggestions for them?"

Entrance only granted to people that test COVID negative. There are tests that return results in circa 40 minutes.

By *ancs CplCouple  over a year ago

Blackburn

Hopefully the established Clubs will survive as it takes a long time to build up the reputation and establish a decent club. As a couple we won't risk breaking Covid regs and have dropped away from the scene during lock down but with it getting to 12 months in we really want show support for our clubs, those we visited and those we want to visit.

harrow

"I said on this forum as early as March last year that clubs wouldn't open again for a very long time. And it doesn't give me any pleasure in saying that I think they will be closed at least for much of this year. Especially with this new variant which is highly contagious. Just because we have a vaccine rollout I don't think the way we presently live such as wearing masks and social distancing will disappear anytime soon. It will take a long time for data to be collected on this vaccine on its protection period and its effectiveness in reducing the spread. Its sad to see clubs closing. Like our high street shops that are closing and are thinking of new methods to save our high streets maybe clubs might have to rethink their buisness models in order to survive.

Any suggestions for them?

Entrance only granted to people that test COVID negative. There are tests that return results in circa 40 minutes.

Wow - amazing. I'm sure they haven't thought of that!

"

vancouver island

When it's all eventually over, and even if every single club has closed somebody will start opening new ones if there is still a demand

brentwood

"Been discussed a million times!

Opinions are like arseholes! Every one had one! "

And everyone is entitled to one so scroll past

brentwood

My personal opinion is that a lot will close and the ones that do survive will be bigger and better as less compition!

I also think house party’s will be in the rise as less restrictions

You don’t need to you just stand at a machine shout fuck 20 times and hey presto fines for swearing printed on paper.

Edmonton

"My personal opinion is that a lot will close and the ones that do survive will be bigger and better as less compition!

I also think house party’s will be in the rise as less restrictions "

. I agree house parties will be on the rise and we will lose some clubs along the way.It will be interesting to see those that do survive how much of a increase in entrance fees there will be or if they can freeze their prices which would be nice although the realist in me suspects there will be a increase.

Sheffield

"My personal opinion is that a lot will close and the ones that do survive will be bigger and better as less compition!

I also think house party’s will be in the rise as less restrictions "

Less competition usually equates to lower quality. And higher prices.

I also think house party’s will be in the rise as less restrictions . I agree house parties will be on the rise and we will lose some clubs along the way.It will be interesting to see those that do survive how much of a increase in entrance fees there will be or if they can freeze their prices which would be nice although the realist in me suspects there will be a increase."

There will always be those who will pay as is known by the clubs. I'd imagine some will take the opportunity to charge higher on the basis that many have got desperate over the restrictions and so will pay. This might set the trend for higher fees that they can get away with. If they can fair play.

The house parties are sometimes quite expensive too but others are not. Many will say most things have increased so they all need to as well and go with it.

There will be those who pay and there will be others who won't, just like before the pandemic.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

When this is over everyone will go crazy, there will be massive demand for everything we couldn't do. The clubs will busier than ever, particularly if there are fewer of them.

By *tabosteveMan  over a year ago

nottingham ng11

can guarantee that the Attic Experience will survive

Bedfont Feltham

Opinions?

It would make for a better atmosphere and therefore healthy return visits to maximise couples with low entrance prices and make up the maximum attendance numbers ( which will probably still be a lower than normal ) with a few single men. A club needs repeat visits from couples and single women not groups of men sharking. "

Problem is clubs up the prices for single men do they allow too many in at an inflated price to make up the shotful by letting in couples and single ladies in for free.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Opinions?

It would make for a better atmosphere and therefore healthy return visits to maximise couples with low entrance prices and make up the maximum attendance numbers ( which will probably still be a lower than normal ) with a few single men. A club needs repeat visits from couples and single women not groups of men sharking.

Problem is clubs up the prices for single men do they allow too many in at an inflated price to make up the shotful by letting in couples and single ladies in for free.

"

I doubt any club reopening after the restrictions are lifted will feel the need to raise their entry fees for any demographic. I imagine the first month will be the busiest nights (and days) many will have seen......ever!

By *unandfriendship4uMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Swingers will survive and so will the clubs. After covid im looking at setting.my own place up.

"When this is over everyone will go crazy, there will be massive demand for everything we couldn't do. The clubs will busier than ever, particularly if there are fewer of them."

They will be busy only for first few months ,that too most weekends only .

My concern is there need to be more comprehensive approach to sustain the clubs from such pandemics in future.

Need to be innovative I guess.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"I said on this forum as early as March last year that clubs wouldn't open again for a very long time. And it doesn't give me any pleasure in saying that I think they will be closed at least for much of this year. Especially with this new variant which is highly contagious. Just because we have a vaccine rollout I don't think the way we presently live such as wearing masks and social distancing will disappear anytime soon. It will take a long time for data to be collected on this vaccine on its protection period and its effectiveness in reducing the spread. Its sad to see clubs closing. Like our high street shops that are closing and are thinking of new methods to save our high streets maybe clubs might have to rethink their buisness models in order to survive. "

On news today that people who have recieved vaccine are less likely to pass on the virus

Looks like vaccinations are the way forward to irradicating the virus full stop

Blackpool

On news today that people who have recieved vaccine are less likely to pass on the virus

Looks like vaccinations are the way forward to irradicating the virus full stop"

can't wait to get mine

Blackpool

"Swingers will survive and so will the clubs. After covid im looking at setting.my own place up."
will it be a club?

Sheffield

"Swingers will survive and so will the clubs. After covid im looking at setting.my own place up."

Have you bought asylum ?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Suppose the quicker everyone is vaccinated the sooner clubs will reopen and normally resumes "

I hope so.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Opinions?

We have overcome worst

Such as?

Nothing on such a scale in living history (and WW2 doesn't count)"

For those who have reach 100 years old, then they would have survived Spanish Flu. so if they still have the mental faculties then, that would be in living memory.

By *ubbermaidbabyCouple  over a year ago

clwyd

Why should they not set up fundraisers? They are not begging for donations to line their pockets they are simply doing whatever it takes to survive this shit show of a year.

We personally would donate whatever we can to see a business survive, especially a business that has allowed us to become comfortable as the people we really are. A place that allows thousands of people to find themselves and simply be happy expressing who they really are. Maybe you haven't had these same experiences in any 'sex clubs' you have visited however for alot of people these venues are far more than just a sex club, they are our safe place and a place we would be devastated to lose if they had to close their doors for good."

This!!!

It’s a virus - eventually it will be possible to manage it the way other viruses like flu are managed - but for that to happen will take time. There’s always been a risk in any sort of sexual activity with people who aren’t monogamous- the difference this time is that it’s not an STD and it’s not the sexual act in itself that causes the risk, it’s physical proximity - and it is pretty much limited to aerosol transmission as well. Until either immunity develops or the virus becomes less infectious then certain actions will be much more risky.

The virus doesn’t exist on its own though - you have to catch it from someone.

Let’s hope we can find ways to manage it

» Add a new message to this topic