FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > is it wrong that house party's charge

is it wrong that house party's charge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what do people think as fab swingers making a profit out of us by chargeing for a house party and yet say none profitable

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

wrong if they make a profit

right if it covers their costs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

how do you know how nuch his costs are ?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"what do people think as fab swingers making a profit out of us by chargeing for a house party and yet say none profitable"

fabswingers don't actually run any parties, socials etc. It is the members who do so.

I have said this in another non-swinging board that I frequent: if the charges are mentioned clearly and upfront, then it is down to individuals to decide if they are justifiable before making their decisions to accept those charges or not.

For a house party, the host may lay out food, spend time having it tidied, arranged for babysitter etc. etc...

If anyone thinks organising a little house party costs next to nothing, then perhaps they should try organising one themselves and see how much or little effort they have to input in order to make it a success!

it's more than cover cost when have more than 70 so called going and you also have 2 take your own drink and food, thats the mane cost also being covered by the quest's, and he calls it none profit event

"it's more than cover cost when have more than 70 so called going and you also have 2 take your own drink and food, thats the mane cost also being covered by the quest's, and he calls it none profit event"

Like with everything in life if you don'tr think it is worth it, don't go. You have the choice.

"I have said this in another non-swinging board that I frequent: if the charges are mentioned clearly and upfront, then it is down to individuals to decide if they are justifiable before making their decisions to accept those charges or not.

For a house party, the host may lay out food, spend time having it tidied, arranged for babysitter etc. etc...

If anyone thinks organising a little house party costs next to nothing, then perhaps they should try organising one themselves and see how much or little effort they have to input in order to make it a success!

"

and the clean up afterwards is kinda interesting too

I went to a house party not so long ago. It was £20 per couple. I kind of thought it was a cheek at the time, but wanted the experience. It was take ur own drink, but a little buffet was provided. Out of the 6 of us that got to know each other, no one really touched the food as it was not exactly what we would be snacking on if held our own... But that aside... The music was only on in the kitchen, which was awful n no one there changing the disc when ended, and it sooo did need the music to keep the mood going, no matter how terrible it was... There were all the older lot doing their thing for a few hours, then as they kinda wound down, rooms became available. We chose to close the door. This room had a unit, non fixed, that was unsafe, and upon someone placing their bottle and glass on it - the whole thing fell onto me, causing a very sore chest and bruising with a cut. The hostess came in and removed the item stating that we should not have been using it!! An empty unit... In a playing room... Straight as u went in the room - go figure.... The mattress had a saving sheet thingy to prevent mess going everywhere - which had already failed as we got on the bed, there were soggy patches. I think charging a small amount in this case, to secure ur numbers n if providing then it should not be a problem paying. I was holding a bbq over the weekend and said for ppl to bring their own food and drinks... They already had to pay to travel, so it was enough I thought .... Might not b helpful, just me rumbling my gums x

[Removed by poster at 27/08/12 12:56:42]

When I have a Gangbang party I charge single guys a fiver! this is for use of my apartments facilities, free tea / coffee, mixers / Ice, nibbles, my time organising the party and dealing with all the timewasters and cleaning up after + I usually end up buying the ladies Booze! + to anyone who thinks it's easy to organise a sex party, then all I can say is, you try it!!!

By *uicyLucyBristolWoman  over a year ago

bristol

"I have said this in another non-swinging board that I frequent: if the charges are mentioned clearly and upfront, then it is down to individuals to decide if they are justifiable before making their decisions to accept those charges or not.

"

True dat

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

i organise partys i have never charged a penny but i alwys say bring a bottle now some nice peeps even bring snacks and soemhave arrived with a bottle of juice jusy for themselves which i feel is rather a bit tight wad but i never invite them again id hope that they would at least bring a drink to drink n share than be like that

some have surperised me to the core and brought special bottles of spirits and said thats for you more as agift but to take money to invite to my home seems immoral im not in the business to make money jsut provive a place for fun peeps to have fun

We used to have a lot of house parties and provided everything free.

It hardly breaks the bank putting on a few nibbles, soft drinks, tea/coffee.

In reality, most people never turn up empty handed anyhow and some days we have actually ended up with more booze than we started with .

We choose to host the parties , so dont expect other people to have to pay as well - they incur thier own costs in petrol/travelling expenses.

We have been to parties that charge and having estimated the amount of people there - some have been hundreds of pounds in profit........ so thats wrong !!.

We would never attend another party that charged.... but we would always take more booze than we actually used (we usually take a full case of lager and a bottle of vodka)..... and usually flowers for the host.

The last party I had at my home some Git nicked a lovely blue towel from my bathroom, I kid you not! I was not a Happy-Bunny!!!

we had one couple bring a case of lager - got pissed on all the other booze and next morning had the cheek to say "ours hasnt been used, so do you mind if we take it home"

"When I have a Gangbang party I charge single guys a fiver! this is for use of my apartments facilities, free tea / coffee, mixers / Ice, nibbles, my time organising the party and dealing with all the timewasters and cleaning up after + I usually end up buying the ladies Booze! + to anyone who thinks it's easy to organise a sex party, then all I can say is, you try it!!! "

Yes its not easy but I don't charge - but they are not GB parties. I just ask peps to bring some booze and condoms. I usually have booze left over. I provide the nibbles and the venue. Its just like hosting vanilla parties but with some added spice. I also use the veri system and personal recomendations when it comes to invites.

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

My parties are on a BYOB basis, I lay on a buffet and don't charge an admission. Yes it costs me money, but then what hobby doesn't?

I like to seperate the concepts of "party" which to me is inviting friends and "guests" who eventually become your friends, and "business" where you try to make a profit from your "punters". Sadly I think that the word party gets misused according to those definitions, but hey-ho, we're all grown up and go into these things with our eyes open.

If you want to pay your money, feel free to make your choice.

PS If anyone is thinking about going to a pay-for party in someone's house, please remember that a standard household insurance policy won't cover business events, so if your property gets stolen or damaged, or you get sick or injured there, there probably won't be any cover for you...(and yes, an insurance company will investigate a claim and if there is an element of profit being made, it will be deemed a business venture, the policy will be invalidated and you will have to sue the host privately to get your compensation.)

We attend parties in a certain house.

The host has to pay to hire the house.

They lay nibbles on and also have a really good DJ.

So dont have any probs paying attend

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've had many parties....

I wouldn't dream of asking anyone who was coming to a party in my house to pay to come along.

The only thing I say to any guests coming is that if they are a fussy drinker then Bring Their Own Bottle.

"what do people think as fab swingers making a profit out of us by chargeing for a house party and yet say none profitable"

love the name !!!!!

p.s love how we have a similar name and we are the same hight and age ..

if you can see the reason for charging like hire of a private house then i completely understand, but when it's your own house, charge you £20 and have 2 bring your own alcohol and some food that is not correct, just some1 making a quick pennie out of us swingers. see there is another forum on the go about alcohol liecence on here and sure he has no insuranse of any kind yet fit up to 70 people in2 house for 1 gangbang,

"if you can see the reason for charging like hire of a private house then i completely understand, but when it's your own house, charge you £20 and have 2 bring your own alcohol and some food that is not correct, just some1 making a quick pennie out of us swingers. see there is another forum on the go about alcohol liecence on here and sure he has no insuranse of any kind yet fit up to 70 people in2 house for 1 gangbang, "

Sounds like a big house were is this ...70 offt would be a record if you could !!

my opinion on it is chip in if your a regular at the persons house and so are some of the guys, yeah chip in for drink nibbles and such well i wouldnt go empty handed !!!

"I went to a house party not so long ago. It was £20 per couple. I kind of thought it was a cheek at the time, but wanted the experience. It was take ur own drink, but a little buffet was provided. Out of the 6 of us that got to know each other, no one really touched the food as it was not exactly what we would be snacking on if held our own... But that aside... The music was only on in the kitchen, which was awful n no one there changing the disc when ended, and it sooo did need the music to keep the mood going, no matter how terrible it was... There were all the older lot doing their thing for a few hours, then as they kinda wound down, rooms became available. We chose to close the door. This room had a unit, non fixed, that was unsafe, and upon someone placing their bottle and glass on it - the whole thing fell onto me, causing a very sore chest and bruising with a cut. The hostess came in and removed the item stating that we should not have been using it!! An empty unit... In a playing room... Straight as u went in the room - go figure.... The mattress had a saving sheet thingy to prevent mess going everywhere - which had already failed as we got on the bed, there were soggy patches. I think charging a small amount in this case, to secure ur numbers n if providing then it should not be a problem paying. I was holding a bbq over the weekend and said for ppl to bring their own food and drinks... They already had to pay to travel, so it was enough I thought .... Might not b helpful, just me rumbling my gums x"

Thats nasty i would have wanted my money back and why did you pay 20 quid for a house ..i have a friend that was on here and he asked for a wee donation towards food (nice food) drink and everything else we needed the house was clean safe and the host very great with everyone , i suppose its just your luck weither you meet the right people, sounds like you had a crap time , hope it turns around for you and you get a great one x

There's a MF couple on here who charge £50 for their parties, and according to their profile they hold 2 parties a week

I reguarly host parties at my home and would never consider charging. Like most others I ask to bring a bottle if your drinking. I provide soft drinks but again most bring their own. I wouldn't ask anyone to contribute if I was hosting a 'muggle' party. I am sometimes amazed when someone brings a bottle of wine. drinks 3/4 and then takes the rest home with them, but then people are strange.

"I reguarly host parties at my home and would never consider charging. Like most others I ask to bring a bottle if your drinking. I provide soft drinks but again most bring their own. I wouldn't ask anyone to contribute if I was hosting a 'muggle' party. I am sometimes amazed when someone brings a bottle of wine. drinks 3/4 and then takes the rest home with them, but then people are strange."

We went to a house party where a couple had left behind a packet of crisps, they returned 10 mins later for it

We are thinking of holding a party, not at our house, a cottage, and would definitely have to charge something for admission..but we'd not take the piss!

"I reguarly host parties at my home and would never consider charging. Like most others I ask to bring a bottle if your drinking. I provide soft drinks but again most bring their own. I wouldn't ask anyone to contribute if I was hosting a 'muggle' party. I am sometimes amazed when someone brings a bottle of wine. drinks 3/4 and then takes the rest home with them, but then people are strange.

We went to a house party where a couple had left behind a packet of crisps, they returned 10 mins later for it

"

hahahaha too funny !!!!

"We are thinking of holding a party, not at our house, a cottage, and would definitely have to charge something for admission..but we'd not take the piss! "

Yeah defo if your hiring a place then its only right to charge ...hope im invited lol x

By *ovetobenakedMan  over a year ago

stotfold

hope iam invited too i would contribute it would be a pleasure

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

its very simple to me .. if someone advertises a party and tells u the price .. u either accept or decline .. some parties end in carnage .. beers spilt over carpets .. proffesional carpet cleaning or replacement .. beds that people have took the piss on that u wudnt dream of sleeping in again that need replaced. if people choose to budget these eventualities into the admission fee then so be it .. if its not for u then dont attend.

its not compulsory to attend a private party after all

"its very simple to me .. if someone advertises a party and tells u the price .. u either accept or decline .. some parties end in carnage .. beers spilt over carpets .. proffesional carpet cleaning or replacement .. beds that people have took the piss on that u wudnt dream of sleeping in again that need replaced. if people choose to budget these eventualities into the admission fee then so be it .. if its not for u then dont attend.

its not compulsory to attend a private party after all "

So very true couldnt agree more !!!

We have held a cpl of house parties now and would never consider charging people to attend. We supplied soft drinks, normal nibbles buffet type food. Our thinking is, if you invite people to your home then you don't charge them. We would never attend a party that charge, but if people are happy to pay then thats up to them.

Can understand if the organisers have booked a venue then the costs need to be covered.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

We held one at our house for another couple from here, the female half of whose birthday it was at the time, and they couldn't host because of their kids, so we offered to do it for them.

One of the single girls came over early and helped us with the food, we did a massive fruit salad and did a barbecue, and had some soft drinks and wine, we asked everyone to bring at least one bottle, but most people brought two. I guess we have shelled out around £100 but we didn't mind, as the couple concerned had driven us to clubs countless times and were good friends, but even if they weren't, don't think we would have charged and we ended up with a ton of booze in our fridge that wasn't d*unk on the night. Some people helped us clear up and it was a good night, though the neighbour next door constantly trying to get in once he saw what was going on, was fairly entertaining.

"We held one at our house for another couple from here, the female half of whose birthday it was at the time, and they couldn't host because of their kids, so we offered to do it for them.

One of the single girls came over early and helped us with the food, we did a massive fruit salad and did a barbecue, and had some soft drinks and wine, we asked everyone to bring at least one bottle, but most people brought two. I guess we have shelled out around £100 but we didn't mind, as the couple concerned had driven us to clubs countless times and were good friends, but even if they weren't, don't think we would have charged and we ended up with a ton of booze in our fridge that wasn't d*unk on the night. Some people helped us clear up and it was a good night, though the neighbour next door constantly trying to get in once he saw what was going on, was fairly entertaining."

lol would of love to of seen that.

That's the only thing i would be worried about is the noise.

Some of the parties we have been to have got quite vocal.

By *uckoo clockCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside

It would cost most couple £25-30 to go to a club,so we dont see any issue with someone holding a party , even making a profit, IF you can say you had an enjoyable time and thought it was money well spent.

And nearly all the parties we have been to, whether private house or hired were certainly better than many clubs !!

By *onkeydickspartiesMan  over a year ago

SALISBURY Sat 20th MAY Mixed Erotic Party

SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER MIXED ADULT PARTY** SPECIAL OFFER THE FIRST 30 COUPLES GET IN FOR £1 PER COUPLE** MAKING US THE BEST VALUE CLUB IN THE SOUTH.

We all have overheads to run these parties. (_onkeydicksparties)

"SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER MIXED ADULT PARTY** SPECIAL OFFER THE FIRST 30 COUPLES GET IN FOR £1 PER COUPLE** MAKING US THE BEST VALUE CLUB IN THE SOUTH.

We all have overheads to run these parties. (_onkeydicksparties)"

"SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER MIXED ADULT PARTY** SPECIAL OFFER THE FIRST 30 COUPLES GET IN FOR £1 PER COUPLE** MAKING US THE BEST VALUE CLUB IN THE SOUTH.

We all have overheads to run these parties. (_onkeydicksparties)"

can't beleive you put this, you are the worse out the lot for making a profit out of swingers, say your club is non profit yet you fit over 70 in2 a house which would be while over the amount if you did have any kind of liecense 2 hold such parties, don't pay your door staff or cleaners and quest have 2 bring own alcohol and food, so thats 1 lot of soft drink drinks and tea you have 2 provide 2 be a non profit ,

By *onkeydickspartiesMan  over a year ago

SALISBURY Sat 20th MAY Mixed Erotic Party

Sticky vicky what are you moaning about single females come free of charge and couples paying only £1 to get in cant go any cheaper you try hosting a party you clearly do not have a clue what goes into hosting a party things has to be paid for to improve parties like laser lighting and new air conditioning and new fans to keep people cool it has to be paid for perhaps you would like to put your hand in your pocket and pay for some of these things and you will relise these things cost money. People have a choive if they want to come here my prices are not hidden and are all on my profile if they dont like the prices then dont come to a party no one is forcing any one to come here and we have hundreads that love our parties just read our re_iews on re_iew page that says it all. you have not been here so you do not have a clue what we have done to this place to give every one a good night out. as far as house party prices are concerned we are the cheapest and cheaper than the nith gate and cheeper than yoogi and boo at jellystones if you got a problem with high prices start digging at them as our prices are the lowest around in house parties. Other people have put on here if prices are advertised on profile which mine are then no one can complain about any thing except you and you not even been here its a joke lol And sorry i cant go any lower than a £1 for couples as charging 50p would be a joke lol but you cant please every one your a single female and its free lots will agree with me these parties are good value for money (_onkeydicksparties)

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

We hear a lot of good things about D D parties.

Have to be honest, a quid isn't much to ask for people coming when the numbers are as high as that.

There is a big difference as well from casually getting a few couples over, to running regular parties for people who are essentially strangers to you that night. Not a huge amount of difference there between some clubs such as Radlett, Secrets in Totnes and so many clubs in Germany, which started as regular club parties and ended with the owners fully converting their house to a club and then living elsewhere.

Ultimately, its a call only the owner can make. When it comes to parties, your not short on choices as a punter.

Choose the one that you think is right for you.

im having a party at miy house this saturday eving , there will be no charge, all i ask is the people attending bring there own boooze and condoms, and be respectful to my house of course, im even putting on some food nibbles mostly but its something

wtf you talking about donkeydick £1 a couple, read his profile guys he charges £20 a couple, and as for re_iews i hear you message people all the time 2 do re_iew 2 try and get your numbers up and most are just friends you got and same old people, you are so full of shit and sorry 2 say i use 2 be a party organiser so i no what it includes 2 do and no that if your paying the door staff or cleaners a price you are ripping the public swingers off seem ur only a house party and not a club, and especially no king of the south,

"im having a party at miy house this saturday eving , there will be no charge, all i ask is the people attending bring there own boooze and condoms, and be respectful to my house of course, im even putting on some food nibbles mostly but its something "

good on u mate, shame u don't live down this way, a honest house party going is so needed,

Hi Folks... Well some charge to host a party in their home and some don't and good luck to you all, I sincerely hope you all have fun! I will still charge guys a fiver and if they want to 'Cum' then fair enough!!! I will do my best to make sure your sexual needs are catered for! (hopefully). We all have choices and opinions in life and it would be a VERY boring world if we were all the same! I don't charge ladies or M/F couples to let me arrange a gangbang for them at my home, taking my time to get the right sort of guys to forfil their requirements I do all the work, deal with the stress & yes it can be quite stressful dealing with all the timewasters. Like I said before: I buy the booze for the ladies and supply the nibbles, mixers / Ice, tea / coffee and clean up after. The guys are usually happy to pay a fiver to meet likeminded people + have a laugh, joke and chat + have lot's of great sex and to please the lady attending! I've never had a guy even hint that it was not worth a fiver If I had I think I would suggest that he went else where or even tried arranging his own party! Swinging is ALL about fun and I try to provide as much of each as possible! No doub't some people on here will disagree with my comments as is your right! but you do and go where you want and let others have the choice to go where they want! So if you are a Lady or a couple that want me to arrange a gangbang party just for you and cater to your requirements or if you are a decent non timewasting chap that would like to attend one of my parties in my home in North Manchester, then please let me know and I will do my very best to oblige you all It may be a small apartment but I have had about 20 people here at one and they are left with smiles, Regards: Michael

"Hi Folks... Well some charge to host a party in their home and some don't and good luck to you all, I sincerely hope you all have fun! I will still charge guys a fiver and if they want to 'Cum' then fair enough!!! I will do my best to make sure your sexual needs are catered for! (hopefully). We all have choices and opinions in life and it would be a VERY boring world if we were all the same! I don't charge ladies or M/F couples to let me arrange a gangbang for them at my home, taking my time to get the right sort of guys to forfil their requirements I do all the work, deal with the stress & yes it can be quite stressful dealing with all the timewasters. Like I said before: I buy the booze for the ladies and supply the nibbles, mixers / Ice, tea / coffee and clean up after. The guys are usually happy to pay a fiver to meet likeminded people + have a laugh, joke and chat + have lot's of great sex and to please the lady attending! I've never had a guy even hint that it was not worth a fiver If I had I think I would suggest that he went else where or even tried arranging his own party! Swinging is ALL about fun and I try to provide as much of each as possible! No doub't some people on here will disagree with my comments as is your right! but you do and go where you want and let others have the choice to go where they want! So if you are a Lady or a couple that want me to arrange a gangbang party just for you and cater to your requirements or if you are a decent non timewasting chap that would like to attend one of my parties in my home in North Manchester, then please let me know and I will do my very best to oblige you all It may be a small apartment but I have had about 20 people here at one and they are left with smiles, Regards: Michael "

your party's sound so fair and honest, no single guy could complain about £5 when you provide nibbles, it shows you do it for the pleasure and not 2 rip people of with club prices when ur not a club, these people who work like a club from there house should make sure have correct insurance for everything if getting that big with the number, good luck with your party's

This has got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Whether someone wants to make a profit from hosting a party or just has a charge to ensure that their costs are covered YOU (as the consumer) are able to choose whether or not to go along to it.

If you don't like it then don't go, and before any whiny little bitches ask 'where else are we going to go to scratch our group sex/voyeur/cuckhold itches?', organise a similar soireé yourself!

Frankly if someone is enterprising enough to turn a buck or two hosting fabulous wild orgies/parties/knitting groups then good luck to them!

Thanks Vicky for your comment!

Thanks Chrissie for your comment, however I do not charge a fiver to make a buck as you put it I just charge a fiver as it's a nice round sum and I'm just hoping not to be out of pocket, but maybe I should make it 3 or 4 quid? I will give it some thought for my next party! But I do remember one Happy-Chappy gave me a tenner and said keep the change!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"So if you are a Lady or a couple that want me to arrange a gangbang party just for you and cater to your requirements or if you are a decent non timewasting chap that would like to attend one of my parties in my home in North Manchester, then please let me know and I will do my very best to oblige you all"

Obviously I wasn't the type you wanted to arrange one for. Thats fine, but its not nice to pester someone until they agree to you arranging a GB then ignore them afterwards. You could have let me know you'd changed youer mind, but I guess that was just too difficult.

[Removed by poster at 29/08/12 22:52:54]

OMG Julia, a guy just can't win in here, if I message a lady too much then it's harrassment and I get my account suspended! but I asked you a few times if you fancied me hosting a GB for you? but you kept saying you were busy! + I'm sure we left it that you were going to let me know when you were free and I'm sure you said that you were going to let me know a date? well you never got back to me so I just assumed that you were getting enough action on your own? But I would be honoured to host a GB party at my place for you! Thats if you can make it over? if you can give me a 100% definate day (hopefully a Saturday) then I will go all out to host the best GB party ever (hopefully) I'm sure it would NOT be hard for me to get decent guys round once they all realise what a lovely, fun and M'mmmmmmmmmmm very sexy lady you are (great smile / Bod / verifications etc...), but if you 'think' I am at fault and have let you down in some way then all I can admit to is that I think a mis-understanding has occured and I would very publicly like to sincerely apologise to you!!! Please let me stress that I will go all out to arrange a great party for you and keep you informed every step of the way! I'm happy to meet what ever criteria you lay down and could even send you a list of guys that will be attending for you to vet. Please tell me what food & drink you would like, if coming by train I can arrange to have you picked up from Piccadilly station + can even accommadate you over night if you wish? I will do anything to please you and make it a fun filled night for you and everyone attending! + I hope it will be the first of many GB's for you at my place! Hope to hear from you either on here or in private! Regards: Michael

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"OMG Julia, a guy just can't win in here, if I message a lady too much then it's harrassment and I get my account suspended! but I asked you a few times if you fancied me hosting a GB for you? but you kept saying you were busy! + I'm sure we left it that you were going to let me know when you were free and I'm sure you said that you were going to let me know a date? "

And I did. But I have replied privately now so maybe you'll take this on board and be a little more reliable? Lets hope so.

By *xy_guy300Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"

Think that is spot on, no one is forcing a person to attend the house party.

By *helmercpleCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

If you are charging for admission and are doing this on a regular basis then the authorities may _iew this as a business regardless whether you make a profit or not. If you are running an unlicensed business and have inadequate safety facilities i.e marked fire exits, extinguishers, trained staff or dont have entertainment licences etc then you are risking being raided. This has happened on a number of occasions in Essex.

Do you really want to be bear ass naked on someone's living room floor went the plod come knocking. Better off going to a proper club.

We just done our curry night.we didnt charge but might do in the future as it dose cost a bit.even when we had only 4 couples over.

i have never been to a house patry that charges, all i have been to have asked to to bring your own drink which i take as red anyway but nothing else, i wouldnt pay to go to a hosue party, even if they lay on a bit of food the cost is so minimal how much would you know to charge each person? ive never known anyone, even when they have put food out ask for money, i have had a few parties in the past and never asked to cover costs i see it like this, if i invite someone to my house they are my guests and if i choose to provide food for them thats also my choice so it would be rude to ask they to pay for something i chose to provide

By *ubberClubbersCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

After reading the comments I thought I'd add a line or two, I think a small charge is fine as it's covering the cost of any food/drink or for things like cleaning and laundry the following day so I dont mind giving cash for things like that.

However, when you see certain house parties charging £20 a couple and £25-£30 for single guys which is the same as a lot of clubs out there then that is taking the piss. I noticed Donkey Dicks HOUSE party has dropped his price to £1 per couple, is this a perminant change or is it more because you got totally slated in the other topic about drinks/licenses in clubs ? Your usual charge is the same as a club BUT you run it in what seems to be a student let house and have the tenants doing the cleaning and the door staff. Why you feel the need to charge the same as a swingers club is beyond me, I see you have added an air conditioner which is a little bit to pay out but after all these years of HOUSE parties I think that you should be able to afford it.

On the club page you seem to have people writting that your parties are the best in the southwest and yet a poll in Fiesta magazine swingers edition saw readers chosing Bath swingers club as the one favoured by most couples.

Although I havent been to your HOUSE party @ Donkey Dick, I have been to many others nearer to home and have never been charged more than £10 as a single male and £5 as a couple. Yes, we are asked to bring a bottle and snacks which is fair enough but when YOU are charging £20 a couple AND asking people to bring their own food/drink then I have to agree with most on here when it's 100% taking the piss.

I dont think house parties really need to charge more than £5, any more than is just making profit and charging the same as a club is really taking the piss when its a student let house !!!

a fiver!!

"we had one couple bring a case of lager - got pissed on all the other booze and next morning had the cheek to say "ours hasnt been used, so do you mind if we take it home" "

What the hell!!!

By *weetcheekstooWoman  over a year ago

southampton

"This has got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Whether someone wants to make a profit from hosting a party or just has a charge to ensure that their costs are covered YOU (as the consumer) are able to choose whether or not to go along to it.

If you don't like it then don't go, and before any whiny little bitches ask 'where else are we going to go to scratch our group sex/voyeur/cuckhold itches?', organise a similar soireé yourself!

Frankly if someone is enterprising enough to turn a buck or two hosting fabulous wild orgies/parties/knitting groups then good luck to them!"

i think stickyvicki is not getting enough

By *ubberClubbersCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"This has got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Whether someone wants to make a profit from hosting a party or just has a charge to ensure that their costs are covered YOU (as the consumer) are able to choose whether or not to go along to it.

Frankly if someone is enterprising enough to turn a buck or two hosting fabulous wild orgies/parties/knitting groups then good luck to them! "

This is of course coming from DD's other half/fuck buddy. Theres a massive difference between making a few quid and taking the piss by charging the same entry as a club when there are only a couple of rooms in a student let HOUSE.

Frankly if someone is enterprising enough to turn a buck or two hosting fabulous wild orgies/parties/knitting groups then good luck to them!"

you know what i dont like about them tho

Ive get lots of party invites being a single woman and they never charge women to go, i got a invite from a couple in birmingham they mailed me a cut and paste message with chatges on saying couples was £20 and singles was £40 so i replied saying i wouldnt play £40 to go to a party and they replied that single females was fee as they wanted as many there as possible to keep the guys happy

So they are making £40 a shot from each single guys and im expected to go fuck them for free

Oh your bike mate

birmingham

" ...i got a invite from a couple in birmingham they mailed me a cut and paste message with chatges on saying couples was £20 and singles was £40 so i replied saying i wouldnt play £40 to go to a party and they replied that single females was fee as they wanted as many there as possible to keep the guys happy

So they are making £40 a shot from each single guys and im expected to go fuck them for free

Oh your bike mate

"

In some cases there are laws protecting the language from being abused...shame it doesn't happen in England, as this is clearly an abuse of the term "Party".

By *xTitsAndTattsxxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I got asked yesterday if I would go 2 a party hosted by a single guy...I could go 4 free n he was inviting about 20 single guys (yes I was thinkin Mmmmm at 1st) then he added that they would b charged 25 quid each and he wud split the profits with me!!

So basically what he actually needed 2 say was I'd like 2 hire u out as a hooker 4 the nite

birmingham

"I got asked yesterday if I would go 2 a party hosted by a single guy...I could go 4 free n he was inviting about 20 single guys (yes I was thinkin Mmmmm at 1st) then he added that they would b charged 25 quid each and he wud split the profits with me!!

So basically what he actually needed 2 say was I'd like 2 hire u out as a hooker 4 the nite "

None of which builds up any confidence in people that there are single guys out there who actually do have "proper" parties.

"I got asked yesterday if I would go 2 a party hosted by a single guy...I could go 4 free n he was inviting about 20 single guys (yes I was thinkin Mmmmm at 1st) then he added that they would b charged 25 quid each and he wud split the profits with me!!

So basically what he actually needed 2 say was I'd like 2 hire u out as a hooker 4 the nite "

but at least hes being honest, ok not the right site for that but at least hes admitting his doing it for money and offering you a cut rather than using expenses as a cover and just using you to make money for him, which lets be honest is what these people who are charging men are doing, they inviting women for free to attract them so they can fuck their paying gusts for them

So basically what he actually needed 2 say was I'd like 2 hire u out as a hooker 4 the nite

None of which builds up any confidence in people that there are single guys out there who actually do have "proper" parties. "

and also men who have paid £40/£50 to go to a party are more likely to expect sex as they may well feel they have paid for it, this is where problems may come in, i dont think id feel comfy at a party where guys was going with a expectation because they had dished money out