FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Kestrels membership

Kestrels membership

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nlyfun3 OP   Woman  over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

I've just looked at signing up for membership, but then the disclaimer came up. Talk about convoluted. Totally confused. I have a couple of ailments that they point out and take meds, I'm fit and well but not had a recent medical to say I am! Nor can I say in the present tense if I will have a heavy meal or alcohol an hour half before using the spa in the future. Plus by chatting on the forums about the spa could I be liable in the future if I take up membership. Oh my goodness, help. I just wanted to chill in a spa naked!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ssexgalWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"I've just looked at signing up for membership, but then the disclaimer came up. Talk about convoluted. Totally confused. I have a couple of ailments that they point out and take meds, I'm fit and well but not had a recent medical to say I am! Nor can I say in the present tense if I will have a heavy meal or alcohol an hour half before using the spa in the future. Plus by chatting on the forums about the spa could I be liable in the future if I take up membership. Oh my goodness, help. I just wanted to chill in a spa naked!"

It’s very easy going and I’m diabetic and such and all is good there.As long as you’re not d*unk or outta it,you’ll be fine.They just make sure it’s safe.Enjoy x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/03/22 21:57:16]

TBH just give it a try.

I have got annoyed with the place recently. Their membership rules keep changing - sometimes they don’t need the member card showing - sometimes they do, and if you haven’t got it then they ask you to pay. I prefer discretion and not sure I wanna carry a card around. But their rules keep flipping which confuses me.

The place is also not exactly clean, the shower sometimes smells and the water spray is weak, the pool ceiling is full of black fungus and you can see condensation water dripping from the top. If you go early (1pm) the hot tubs are not hot enough for it to be called hot.

I have stoped going but do give a try - could be your thing - don’t be too fussed with the rules on site.

By *ssexgalWoman  over a year ago

Essex

I’m there regularly and think it’s a great place with great people so depends how you view it but not like you say

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancs

Agreed. The showers stink of piss and water drops on you in the pool. Also if you just go to swim you have to contend with men round the pool wanking which the staff just ignore.
"TBH just give it a try.

I have got annoyed with the place recently. Their membership rules keep changing - sometimes they don’t need the member card showing - sometimes they do, and if you haven’t got it then they ask you to pay. I prefer discretion and not sure I wanna carry a card around. But their rules keep flipping which confuses me.

The place is also not exactly clean, the shower sometimes smells and the water spray is weak, the pool ceiling is full of black fungus and you can see condensation water dripping from the top. If you go early (1pm) the hot tubs are not hot enough for it to be called hot.

I have stoped going but do give a try - could be your thing - don’t be too fussed with the rules on site."

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Call them & chat through your concerns

My guess is they have so many rules around pre existing medical conditions to protect themselves after someone passed away in their pool (not the clubs fault, I believe it was natural causes) but they are probably now dotting the I's & crossing the T's so to speak & being ultra cautious

By *urreyVixenStagCouple  over a year ago

Staines

"I've just looked at signing up for membership, but then the disclaimer came up. Talk about convoluted. Totally confused. I have a couple of ailments that they point out and take meds, I'm fit and well but not had a recent medical to say I am! Nor can I say in the present tense if I will have a heavy meal or alcohol an hour half before using the spa in the future. Plus by chatting on the forums about the spa could I be liable in the future if I take up membership. Oh my goodness, help. I just wanted to chill in a spa naked!"

Please give them a call - guidelines are just that and they’ll be more than happy to answer any questions.

Staines

"TBH just give it a try.

I have stoped going but do give a try - could be your thing - don’t be too fussed with the rules on site."

A membership card should always be shown. If a member of staff is not checking, please let the club know as this person is not doing their job properly. You will be asked to pay for a new membership card if you ‘forget it’ 3 times in a row. The hot tubs run at 40 degrees. They are emptied, cleaned and refilled several times a week, and this causes the water to take time to reheat - which is probably what you have experienced.

Yea, there is an issue with the pool area - but with the cost of scaffolding etc, and a club recovering from being shut for 18 months, it takes time to build that cash fund.

It’s a great club - has its faults like all places - but the staff are doing their best.

Staines

"Agreed. The showers stink of piss and water drops on you in the pool. Also if you just go to swim you have to contend with men round the pool wanking which the staff just ignore. TBH just give it a try.

I"

Please do notify staff if you notice a smell.

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancs

"Agreed. The showers stink of piss and water drops on you in the pool. Also if you just go to swim you have to contend with men round the pool wanking which the staff just ignore. TBH just give it a try.

I

Please do notify staff if you notice a smell. "

I don't go any more

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Remember the good old days at the old venue when slamming the door to the pool used to cause all the condensation om the roof to rain down in massive drops!

By *098bazMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I go to Kestrals quite often, I have always had a good relaxing fun time. The staff are very approachable and the atmoshere is chilled and friendly. Sundays are a good day to go.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

I’m a regular at AbFabs/Kestrals, and it’s a lot of fun. Try it, and you’ll love it too

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

Another vote for the place from me.

It has a dungeon, jacuzzis, a pool, a steam room, a bar, multiple play areas, friendly staff, a cinema room and is open 7 days a week. Not many places offer that.

I remember when the boot was always being put into Kestrels and Eureka was praised. Different things are important to different customers as Slartibartfast found out.

These things are simple, if you have the cash give it a go. If you don't like don't go back.If you don't have the cash don't risk it.

In terms of medical conditions, I have bad asthma so it is a case of being mindful of one's condition.

By *otwifeHusbandCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

"I go to Kestrals quite often, I have always had a good relaxing fun time. The staff are very approachable and the atmoshere is chilled and friendly. Sundays are a good day to go."

We love going on a Sunday , it’s a nice chilled day for us to relax and enjoy it .

By *otwifeHusbandCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

We are also members of adfabs. Night time.

The club has loads going for it, plus a reasonable priced bar.

Yep few item’s listed above, which tbh they haven’t effected us and the times when we visited. I am aware they are planning to improve these as read comments.

The staff are amazing and I am very sure they will help with any issues and help to resolve.

Tbh I think your love it. No pressure. Relaxed and plenty of facilities

Everybody is friendly and always be willing to chat and make friends.

Hubs

Your be fine, staff are fabulous and so are the regulars

By *etWetWet453Couple  over a year ago

CAMBERLEY

"Remember the good old days at the old venue when slamming the door to the pool used to cause all the condensation om the roof to rain down in massive drops!"

How very juvenile - but fun.

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

It’s a great club, far from perfect, but we always enjoy ourselves.

I don’t know the current requirements to become a member, but in a place that has hazards like pools, jaccuzis, sauna etc then like a gym etc they are going to have to ask basic health related questions, partly to protect themselves but also to protect users.

By *allum29Man  over a year ago

Banbury

"I've just looked at signing up for membership, but then the disclaimer came up. Talk about convoluted. Totally confused. I have a couple of ailments that they point out and take meds, I'm fit and well but not had a recent medical to say I am! Nor can I say in the present tense if I will have a heavy meal or alcohol an hour half before using the spa in the future. Plus by chatting on the forums about the spa could I be liable in the future if I take up membership. Oh my goodness, help. I just wanted to chill in a spa naked!

I’m a regular at AbFabs/Kestrals, and it’s a lot of fun. Try it, and you’ll love it too "

Couldn't agree with the above more, it's a great place

» Add a new message to this topic