FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Atlantis Evolution Website! WOW!

Atlantis Evolution Website! WOW!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kmale421 OP   Man  over a year ago

wirral

Just been having a look at several clubs when I came across the website of Atlantis Evolution in Stoke.

Wow!

This club must win the prize for the funkiest and jazziest web site in the world of swinging.

Initially I thought the Home page did look a little too busy, but after a few seconds, I got to grips with it and I have to say I like it.

I haven't been to the club for years, though it's on my 2013 list of things to do and if the website is anything to go by, it will certainly tempt me to make that an earlier rather than a leter trip.....

Be interested to see what other people think of it too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we were in atlantis last night, wonderered if to bother as post christmas n new year everyone would be skint n stay in! yet again we were wrong! the club was full n a cracking night!

Is it me (or me broswer?) or is their website in VistaVision..????? Have to keep scrolling left and right all the time..

Confused of Dartford

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Telford

"Is it me (or me broswer?) or is their website in VistaVision..????? Have to keep scrolling left and right all the time..

Confused of Dartford

"

Same for us. I think it's a really badly designed site, far to much faffing about. The club is decent though. x

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

Bloody awful website. Looks to me like it has been put together by a 16 year old with no taste.

Sorry to the person that made it (I could not say "designer" as there is no element of design in it)but I really think you need to have a rethink.

Now have a look at the rival club in Stoke. That is a classy design.

BTW I have been to neither club and have no axe to grind

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I looked a couple of weeks ago and wasn't that impressed, but would still visit the club

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

its all very basic HTML and the design is right out of a template for dummies guide.

It is however one of the better ones for a swingers club, but that seems to be because every single swingers club decides to do the web design themselves or though someone who "knows" and thats why they end up universally shite.

Considering these websites are first point of contact for most people before they visit the club its quite criminal how bad most of them are.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

It also breaks a few fundamental tenants of website design

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

The website will be the most important way for you to portray you business to prospective clients, so a poor design can put people of a good club.

I have seen this in other areas of business, when I used to deliver to various companies across Manchester, some of the smaller companies, who had poor/small warehouses, could get big contracts from large multinational companies, just by having good marketing and a professional outlook, punching way above their weight.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"its all very basic HTML and the design is right out of a template for dummies guide.

It is however one of the better ones for a swingers club, but that seems to be because every single swingers club decides to do the web design themselves or though someone who "knows" and thats why they end up universally shite.

Considering these websites are first point of contact for most people before they visit the club its quite criminal how bad most of them are.

"

Don't know why though, web design is relatively easy..even kids can do it!

But with all the FREE content management Software out there it's even easier. Many big companies don't bother designing there site they just use Wordpress or Joomla and buy a professional design template at £100 or so. No need to re-invent the wheeel!

Thank Gawd it's not just me!!! Have to say it reminds me of an old Pearl and Dean advert from the 60's gone terribly wrong.

Someone should tell them.. not doing them any favours at all and, to be honest, if I didn't know anyone who had been there and could change my point of view, it would put me right off going there...

[Removed by poster at 05/01/13 19:18:47]

Got a migraine now. it looks like the window of our local starburger

"Got a migraine now. it looks like the window of our local starburger"
As I know the Starburger you mean, I have to concur....

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Has anyone tried viewing it on their phones?

Be interesting to hear how various smart phones view the site.

I went and had a nosey and oh dear

I didn't know where to look

think I'll leave that one until they tone it down a lot

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

odd what people think makes a good web site im with you on this one and it might help it it fitted the page

By *ohnnjaneCouple  over a year ago

staffs/cheshire border

it is busy, try taking a look at it on a smart phone though, now you see why, a site built with smart phones and win 8 in mind, hmm

Web site mite be crap but the hosts and the club are excelent been several times would recomend chris and ang from east sussex

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"it is busy, try taking a look at it on a smart phone though, now you see why, a site built with smart phones and win 8 in mind, hmm"

Do not have a smart phone and I wouldn't touch windows 8 with your barge pole.

Poor 'design' and poor thought process. The majority of internet users should be catered for or you will simply give a bad impression. If the web person REALLY wants to cater for mobile phones and win 8 it should be provided as an option off the main site (or done automatically via a browser detecting javascript).

» Add a new message to this topic