FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Goodbye Eureka part 2

Goodbye Eureka part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ed and Wolfie OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gravesend

Referring to the existing closed thread.....

it’s been granted but can take up to 15 years to fulfil or more. And the building is owned by new owner

Rather than put the place down why not support it some ways , swing clubs are finding it difficult as it is to keep open

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days

This is simply rubbish. You have a defined period to start the development before the planning lapses. I think it is 3 years, maybe 5?

Until someone comes out with a meaningful launch. New website and clarity around prices, the team, and what works have been done, because let's face it a fair bit needs to be done, this 'new' eureka just screams of smoke and mirrors to try and make a few quid.

So come on, show us what you are doing to bring it back to life!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We weren’t expecting to get another summer frolicking in those lovely grounds so we’ll take an any positive sounding news with a sense of hopefulness plus a touch of caution.

Good luck with the plans if it means the club stays a little longer.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Referring to the existing closed thread.....

it’s been granted but can take up to 15 years to fulfil or more. And the building is owned by new owner

Rather than put the place down why not support it some ways , swing clubs are finding it difficult as it is to keep open

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days

This is simply rubbish. You have a defined period to start the development before the planning lapses. I think it is 3 years, maybe 5?

Until someone comes out with a meaningful launch. New website and clarity around prices, the team, and what works have been done, because let's face it a fair bit needs to be done, this 'new' eureka just screams of smoke and mirrors to try and make a few quid.

So come on, show us what you are doing to bring it back to life!"

You are quite correct

3 years from the date full planning permission is granted - so on this case from January 2023

There is another application (Feb) for a slight amendment to the granted permission to not demolish the existing building once works are starting and rather than bring containers in for storage and Porta loos to use the building temporarily

That’s said it seems the applicants and developers are moving quickly rather than sitting on their laurels

I would have loved to have seen that amazing club have a comeback, I truly would.

Myself and others that helped make that club great back in the day by encouraging people to attend have since been blocked on all social media accounts because we dared to ask questions about the changes after Mike left

Last nights Saturday attendance - About 8 single men two couples and two TVs according to another thread !

If anyone new has actually taken on Eureka I really hope they are aware of the full facts, timeframe and just how much this once was legendary club is in the gutter.

And if it really is going to be brought back from the dead ffs don’t alienate the very people that put cash in your pockets and footfall on the dance floor

By *areass2017Man  over a year ago

east coast

I’m absolutely gutted it’s closing, was the best club in the country in its prime.

Chill during the day and party all night, seems like a distant memory.

Let’s hope a new manager is in place and hopefully we get one more summer as it was!

Gravesend

The problem is that the few beave souls who do go won't generate the income needed to provide a decent quality experience.

It is a massive shame as we really enjoyed evenings partying and sunny days by the pool. But the cynical part of me says that the changes in prices, unhelpful staff etc were all ploys to deliberately show that it was not a financially viable business to help with the planning application.

By *hellebelleWoman  over a year ago

ashford

New owners… really? Because I’m sure that one remaining existing owner is still there but if I’m wrong then i stand corrected and I wonder who the new owner (s) is/are and if they will come back onto the fab club pages to promote then club as totally new and fresh.

Maybe with totally new owners the old customers (who were barred by the last two for having opinions and voicing feedback that wasn’t liked) will venture back.

By *itsalena2Couple  over a year ago

Kent

Can we have table 3 please lol

Essex

"Can we have table 3 please lol "

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Good to see Eureka still getting discussed.

It is a unique place and far more than just a swinging and party venue. In a few weeks time the outdoor appeal of the place will return.

Long may the place remain accessible.

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

"

And if it really is going to be brought back from the dead ffs don’t alienate the very people that put cash in your pockets and footfall on the dance floor

"

Unfortunately the new operators appear using the same playbook as the previous ones. Why haven't they learnt that being transparent is a better approach than making false promises.

There is still some goodwill for the place but they seem to believe if they cheer loud enough nobody will notice any of the untruths

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

from the land of milk & honey

It's all smoke & mirrors.

Gravesend

"It's all smoke & mirrors. "

Unfortunately I think you are right. What they need to do if they are genuine is show the world what is new! Having all the 'facilities' working would be a start lol.

A revamped website, pictures of what is new or what is changing etc..........

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple  over a year ago

kent

"It's all smoke & mirrors.

Unfortunately I think you are right. What they need to do if they are genuine is show the world what is new! Having all the 'facilities' working would be a start lol.

A revamped website, pictures of what is new or what is changing etc.........."

all in good time it all takes money to do that but give them time to build some trust up with customers host etc

Epsom, Surrey

"

.......... but give them time to build some trust up with customers host etc "

Unfortunately the way things have been announced so far whatever trust might have been present is disappearing.

Given the recent history openess and honesty is what is required, not vague promises.

Gravesend

A revamped website, pictures of what is new or what is changing etc..........all in good time it all takes money to do that but give them time to build some trust up with customers host etc "

We know it takes money, but who is going to invest in a venture that is primed to be developed. It is the same old story I'm afraid, there hasn't been any meaningful investment in the place for years and it will take more cash than what a few parties generate to revitalise the place.

You've asked us to wait until May. So tell us specifically what is going to change rather than just making some vague promises.

It seems to me that it's nothing more than a case of promising change in order to get some cash before the bell tolls. Fortunately most of the clientele have moved on to new venues and have left Eureka in the past.

kent

"It seems to me that it's nothing more than a case of promising change in order to get some cash before the bell tolls. Fortunately most of the clientele have moved on to new venues and have left Eureka in the past. "
only sum babes not all

kent

A revamped website, pictures of what is new or what is changing etc..........all in good time it all takes money to do that but give them time to build some trust up with customers host etc

We know it takes money, but who is going to invest in a venture that is primed to be developed. It is the same old story I'm afraid, there hasn't been any meaningful investment in the place for years and it will take more cash than what a few parties generate to revitalise the place.

You've asked us to wait until May. So tell us specifically what is going to change rather than just making some vague promises.once things are agreed there will be statements I promise that

"

kent

"Can we have table 3 please lol "

Message me direct please for places

By *itsalena2Couple  over a year ago

Kent

"Can we have table 3 please lol

Message me direct please for places "

It’s just a joke , as when it was busy back in the day we was always on Table 3

The only way Eureka has a chance of getting.

Any of the old faces back is to get rid of the paid bar , as we’ve said before the club gave nothing more for the increase in cost when it went paid bar and stoped BYOB ,

Most of the old faces are now settled at another club not far away as you get value for money

We may venture back when the weather turns warm for a day time visit to catch a few rays

kent

Any of the old faces back is to get rid of the paid bar , as we’ve said before the club gave nothing more for the increase in cost when it went paid bar and stoped BYOB ,

Most of the old faces are now settled at another club not far away as you get value for money

We may venture back when the weather turns warm for a day time visit to catch a few rays "

difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have

By *mma!kent!Woman  over a year ago

sittingbourne

We may venture back when the weather turns warm for a day time visit to catch a few rays difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have "

Is it true is it closing myself and single gal friends were hoping to become regulars there this summer????????

Epsom, Surrey

" ...... difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have "

More bullshit lies. Its the easiest thing in the world to revoke a license. You do nothing and it will expire.

BTW, You don't need to revoke it, just find an acceptable pricing policy.

By *oyeur for youMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

The club or a representative should let us all know. Even if it closes in 6 months. People need to know. After all you have to join,And it costs you money to do so. for how long. I wouldn't join a club or expect any one to do so if you don't know how long it is going to be open. I will be gutted to not be able to spend another summer at eureka. Let's hope we get one last summer out of it. Would be nice if thay could let us know.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

" ...... difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have

More bullshit lies. Its the easiest thing in the world to revoke a license. You do nothing and it will expire.

BTW, You don't need to revoke it, just find an acceptable pricing policy."

Even more so if the club isn't actually licensed but there is a licensed mobile bar which is permanently on site.

By *oyeur for youMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

Remember the mobile bar outside when Mike managed the club. I personally didn't like the arrogant little man,but at least you could BYOB or buy it.

ashford

We may venture back when the weather turns warm for a day time visit to catch a few rays difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have "

The Licensing Act 2003 does not prohibit a licensed venue from allowing customers to bring in their own drinks.

I am a personal license holder and have managed pubs since the age of 18.

It’s down to personal choice.

Epsom, Surrey

"

The Licensing Act 2003 does not prohibit a licensed venue from allowing customers to bring in their own drinks.

"

The problem with the old and unfortunately it seems the new operators at this place is they treat potential customers as idiots and think they will believe any info that they are given.

Openness and Honesty is needed not PR spin stories.

By *cooby5555Man  over a year ago

galway

Fingers crossed it stays open

kent

"Fingers crossed it stays open"
it will come to our special night 27 th May enjoy the night it’s looking good for list

What do you have to lose !

kent

"

Dave don’t sound so negative about gossip sweet it’s the proof in the pudding

Come get on our list enjoy a night out over 40 already signed up on our list so come enjoy

The problem with the old and unfortunately it seems the new operators at this place is they treat potential customers as idiots and think they will believe any info that they are given.

Openness and Honesty is needed not PR spin stories."

By *arleysarCouple  over a year ago

Redhill/Reigate

So say a couple decide out of old loyalty to come to your special night keeping in mind we we can all go to alternative clubs that we know being non members ect ect what will it cost at the door for a couple keeping in mind what we shall spend at the bar

"Fingers crossed it stays open it will come to our special night 27 th May enjoy the night it’s looking good for list

What do you have to lose ! "

Is this a big relaunch, or are you just promoting a night there?

I think everyone needs to bare in mind that nothing is actually being said other than someone is promoting ONE night in May. The rest is nothing more than conjecture and rumours.

kent

"Fingers crossed it stays open it will come to our special night 27 th May enjoy the night it’s looking good for list

What do you have to lose !

Is this a big relaunch, or are you just promoting a night there? "

we are letting you know we have a good following on ma parties and we letting you guys know we going to be there at bh. In May 27 th May and hoping your come down get on the list

And enjoy some dancing stay over etc

kent

"I think everyone needs to bare in mind that nothing is actually being said other than someone is promoting ONE night in May. The rest is nothing more than conjecture and rumours. "
hi guys we hooping your like to come down and have fun in May try have a good night there dj Singer and raffles etc

kent

"So say a couple decide out of old loyalty to come to your special night keeping in mind we we can all go to alternative clubs that we know being non members ect ect what will it cost at the door for a couple keeping in mind what we shall spend at the bar "
we hope you like to come and have fun at our party all prices and offers being discussed weds so watch this space for more information

By *ecret2Couple  over a year ago

grays

can we have table 11 back we never missed a party in 24 years every wed fri and sat nights and anything that was going on

kent

"can we have table 11 back we never missed a party in 24 years every wed fri and sat nights and anything that was going on "
let me sort the tables out once I go weds and see the status of play and then I trr we ll you how to book

By *ent1000Man  over a year ago

swanley

Such a shame was such a unique space ... why is it the people who run the place have absolutely nothing to say in response to what has been written about Eurekas ....

kent

"Such a shame was such a unique space ... why is it the people who run the place have absolutely nothing to say in response to what has been written about Eurekas .... "

I can tell from the heart a statement will be made but it’s a time thing and who to address it to so please be assured lots going on behind the scenes

"Such a shame was such a unique space ... why is it the people who run the place have absolutely nothing to say in response to what has been written about Eurekas ....

I can tell from the heart a statement will be made but it’s a time thing and who to address it to so please be assured lots going on behind the scenes "

You need to understand there are serious trust issues around Eureka, lots of us feel we have been treated very badly and as idiots. A few words from you isn't going to change that, unless you now own the lease?

kent

"Such a shame was such a unique space ... why is it the people who run the place have absolutely nothing to say in response to what has been written about Eurekas ....

I can tell from the heart a statement will be made but it’s a time thing and who to address it to so please be assured lots going on behind the scenes I completely get what your saying and all will become clearer as days go on

You need to understand there are serious trust issues around Eureka, lots of us feel we have been treated very badly and as idiots. A few words from you isn't going to change that, unless you now own the lease?"

Epsom, Surrey

"

Come get on our list enjoy a night out over 40 already signed up on our list so come enjoy

"

All my comments have been based on facts not gossip. You make statements that there is a New Eureka and it will be around for 10 to 15 years. Once you have provided some basis for that claim then you will continue to struggle gain the trust of any of the old customer base.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Tell the whole truth and people might start coming. Until then, no chance

kent

"

All my comments have been based on facts not gossip. You make statements that there is a New Eureka and it will be around for 10 to 15 years. Once you have provided some basis for that claim then you will continue to struggle gain the trust of any of the old customer base."

I never quoted 15 years as I don’t have that inform but why not enjoy a different night out while you can I said changes are slowly being made these take time with new owners not over night

kent

"Tell the whole truth and people might start coming. Until then, no chance "
what stops you retuning or attending any night there ? See if I can help

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"Tell the whole truth and people might start coming. Until then, no chance what stops you retuning or attending any night there ? See if I can help "

False teasing hope

"

All my comments have been based on facts not gossip. You make statements that there is a New Eureka and it will be around for 10 to 15 years. Once you have provided some basis for that claim then you will continue to struggle gain the trust of any of the old customer base.

I never quoted 15 years as I don’t have that inform but why not enjoy a different night out while you can I said changes are slowly being made these take time with new owners not over night "

So there are new owners?

kent

"Tell the whole truth and people might start coming. Until then, no chance what stops you retuning or attending any night there ? See if I can help

False teasing hope "

please don’t sound like it’s personal clubs change hands all the time. This is the case so trying to build up what was. Once bad trying to make changes to make good once more

kent

"

1 owner yes no mike no Carrie

I never quoted 15 years as I don’t have that inform but why not enjoy a different night out while you can I said changes are slowly being made these take time with new owners not over night

So there are new owners?"

ashford

"

No… Stuart has always been an owner.

He was a co-owner with Mike and then Carrie after Mike and her got married, then when Jane and John went on board and became share holders, then he and Carrie (mikes wife) got together and now she’s gone so just Stuart left.

So please don’t say new owners… because he isn’t new.

"Tell the whole truth and people might start coming. Until then, no chance what stops you retuning or attending any night there ? See if I can help

False teasing hope please don’t sound like it’s personal clubs change hands all the time. This is the case so trying to build up what was. Once bad trying to make changes to make good once more "

So why can't the new owners make themselves, and the actual facts, known? I'd hoped to experience the club more for the naturist element this year but nothing you're saying makes me think it would be worth a try x

kent

"

His manger owner on his own and wants to give back to the club

It’s difficult as his now picking up pieces

Simple changes are being made

New memberships

New prices

New host

To name a few. I feel I don’t have to explain what and wear but let’s try and be fair to the man and support the situation

So there are new owners?

No… Stuart has always been an owner.

He was a co-owner with Mike and then Carrie after Mike and her got married, then when Jane and John went on board and became share holders, then he and Carrie (mikes wife) got together and now she’s gone so just Stuart left.

So please don’t say new owners… because he isn’t new.

"

"

If you want people to spend there money then you have to give them a reason and after what's gone on those reasons need to be very good ones. So, tell us what's in it for us and remember most of us have moved on to new venues. I'm sure many of us want to know, so tell us and stop simply saying come in May, unless you are offering a free night so we can all see for ourselves.

kent

"

So there are new owners?

If you want people to spend there money then you have to give them a reason and after what's gone on those reasons need to be very good ones. So, tell us what's in it for us and remember most of us have moved on to new venues. I'm sure many of us want to know, so tell us and stop simply saying come in May, unless you are offering a free night so we can all see for ourselves. "

Unfortunate it’s a membership clubs so legal rules apply for membership there will be

New memberships new entry’s new web pages and statements from sole owner.

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Holding a launch night by May but helping get club pass this point to then

"

So there are new owners?

If you want people to spend there money then you have to give them a reason and after what's gone on those reasons need to be very good ones. So, tell us what's in it for us and remember most of us have moved on to new venues. I'm sure many of us want to know, so tell us and stop simply saying come in May, unless you are offering a free night so we can all see for ourselves.

Unfortunate it’s a membership clubs so legal rules apply for membership there will be

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Holding a launch night by May but helping get club pass this point to then "

Unfortunately you are mistaken, Eureka is not a membership only club. I don't know who told you it was? Anyone can go in but those without a membership have to pay extra.

ashford

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Unfortunately you are mistaken, Eureka is not a membership only club. I don't know who told you it was? Anyone can go in but those without a membership have to pay extra. "

You are quite right… clearly states on line:

Non Members

Additional £10 on the normal entry prices for your temp membership.

(Driving Licence or Passport and Bill Required)

If they are indeed a full membership required establishment due to licensing from sevenoaks council then they are in breech of the terms to that license.

kent

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Unfortunately you are mistaken, Eureka is not a membership only club. I don't know who told you it was? Anyone can go in but those without a membership have to pay extra.

Non Members

If they are indeed a full membership required establishment due to licensing from sevenoaks council then they are in breech of the terms to that license.

"

everything maybe changing as stated

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

"

Maybe?

kent

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

Maybe?"

I feel you just gunning for argument and that’s not my intention to do

I tried to be helpful and explain I can do no more

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

Maybe? I feel you just gunning for argument and that’s not my intention to do

"

You are wrong, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm just trying to get to the truth. You are not being specific, surely if you are promoting the venue then you know what's what. If you don't then I suggest you stop doing promoting something you know very little about.

Having read through the entire thread, I'm not really any the wiser about what's going on or what future the club has left in it and answers so far have been spectacularly vague.

As someone who first ventured to Eureka 5 years ago - after a great deal of deliberation and summoning up the courage to go along for the first time, my biggest concern would be concerning signing up for membership of a club that might no longer be around in a couple of months and not knowing from one week to the next if it's still open - and I'm sure I'm not alone in my concerns and I'm afraid the silence from the club itself is deafening.

I visited the website the other day. Nothing whatsoever on there that mentioned anything about recent developments.

And for a website of a long established club, I was extremely suprised that in the gallery section, there were a few club features that had no pictures - such as the steam room.

I remember reading on these very forums all about what happened to Mike and how he basically had the club snatched from him - after which it looked like the daytime opening changed from 10am to 11am which basically was the nail in the coffin as far as me visiting is concerned as daytimes was the only time I could get down there, but having to be home by 2pm just doesn't make it worth the trip anymore.

To be fair to Giggles, I appreciate her position but the problem for many is the vaccuum of information is likely to kill the club long before any relaunch happens as so many loyal customers have already been driven away

kent

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

You are wrong, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm just trying to get to the truth. You are not being specific, surely if you are promoting the venue then you know what's what. If you don't then I suggest you stop doing promoting something you know very little about. "

”You are wrong” - So how do you know I’m wrong ?? “your not looking for an argument “ you must be as all you keep writing is negative comments which are driving people away. “Trying to get to the truth” The truth about what specifically?? “Being specific?? What do I have to be so specific about that really concerns you? “Promoting a venue” if you actually took time to read the posts and threads correctly I specifically state I will be hosting a party there once a month and that’s what I’m trying to promote ! As I’ve been promoting parties for different club owners over the last 10 plus years I consider I know quite a lot more on how things work which I believe is a darn site more than you do with your adverse comments. So my suggestion to you is either support the club which you say you were very loyal to or keep your adverse comments to yourself !!

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

You are wrong, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm just trying to get to the truth. You are not being specific, surely if you are promoting the venue then you know what's what. If you don't then I suggest you stop doing promoting something you know very little about. ”You are wrong” - So how do you know I’m wrong ?? “your not looking for an argument “ you must be as all you keep writing is negative comments which are driving people away. “Trying to get to the truth” The truth about what specifically?? “Being specific?? What do I have to be so specific about that really concerns you? “Promoting a venue” if you actually took time to read the posts and threads correctly I specifically state I will be hosting a party there once a month and that’s what I’m trying to promote ! As I’ve been promoting parties for different club owners over the last 10 plus years I consider I know quite a lot more on how things work which I believe is a darn site more than you do with your adverse comments. So my suggestion to you is either support the club which you say you were very loyal to or keep your adverse comments to yourself !!"

Oh dear x

Epsom, Surrey

"

I never quoted 15 years as I don’t have that inform

"

In the previous "Goodbye Eureka" thread you did quote 15 years. You claimed that it could take that amount of time for the planning process to be completed. The comment is of course complete bullshit but it is there for anyone to read and check.

There is a famous Will Rogers quote "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

I think you should take a little time and reflect on your strategy. Eureka went downhill because they lost the trust of their customers. You popped up with hype and promotion for a "New Eureka" and started making claims that were easily proven to be wrong. Rather than take on board the feedback you go on the offensive.

My advice remains the same, be open and honest. Empty promises and overselling won't work when so much damage to the brand has been done by the previous management.

By *iamond cockneyWoman  over a year ago

kent

You are hosting a party night once a month bringing in your own staff for the event and with a wealth of experience and followers it is sure to be a brilliant night and I wish you all the best & applaud you for doing it. What about the other 29/30 days/ nights of the month?

There are people that don’t want to party that want to go during the day to chill, there are naturists that want to wonder freely around the grounds, the revenue from your 1 night isn’t going to keep the club in fully working order, the swimming pool alone must cost thousands to heat, the steam room hasn’t worked for ages & the hot tub only has a few jets working, the staff will be the same. The “New Eureka “ that you advertise is not new it’s just you are bringing a new concept in once a month.

Excuse us the paying customers who are questioning the hype as we want to know what we are getting for our membership?

I have no doubt that your event will be the talk of town but it’s not enough to entice the old customers back.

With the news of the development it would be a perfect opportunity for the owner to throw caution to the wind and say they’re now reverting back to BYOB drop the high pricing at the door and give Eureka the send off it deserves.

Good luck with your event x

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

You are wrong, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm just trying to get to the truth. You are not being specific, surely if you are promoting the venue then you know what's what. If you don't then I suggest you stop doing promoting something you know very little about. ”You are wrong” - So how do you know I’m wrong ?? “your not looking for an argument “ you must be as all you keep writing is negative comments which are driving people away. “Trying to get to the truth” The truth about what specifically?? “Being specific?? What do I have to be so specific about that really concerns you? “Promoting a venue” if you actually took time to read the posts and threads correctly I specifically state I will be hosting a party there once a month and that’s what I’m trying to promote ! As I’ve been promoting parties for different club owners over the last 10 plus years I consider I know quite a lot more on how things work which I believe is a darn site more than you do with your adverse comments. So my suggestion to you is either support the club which you say you were very loyal to or keep your adverse comments to yourself !!"

Oooh I love it when you lot get angry

"Having read through the entire thread, I'm not really any the wiser about what's going on or what future the club has left in it, and answers so far have been spectacularly vague.

As someone who first ventured to Eureka 5 years ago - after a great deal of deliberation and summoning up the courage to go along for the first time, my biggest concern would be concerning signing up for membership of a club that might no longer be around in a couple of months and not knowing from one week to the next if it's still open - and I'm sure I'm not alone in my concerns and I'm afraid the silence from the club itself is deafening.

I visited the website the other day. Nothing whatsoever on there that mentioned anything about recent developments.

And for a website of a long established club, I was extremely suprised that in the gallery section, there were a few club features that had no pictures - such as the steam room.

I remember reading on these very forums all about what happened to Mike and how he basically had the club snatched from him - after which it looked like the daytime opening changed from 10am to 11am which basically was the nail in the coffin as far as me visiting is concerned as daytimes was the only time I could get down there, but having to be home by 2pm just doesn't make it worth the trip anymore.

To be fair to Giggles, I appreciate her position but the problem for many is the vaccuum of information is likely to kill the club long before any relaunch happens as so many loyal customers have already been driven away"

I know it's a minor point but I suspect there are no pictures of the steam room as it hasn't worked for a longtime.

Which says a lot, both that it's never been fixed and it's still referenced on the website

By *x2 4 funCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Have you ever heard the expression flogging a dead horse just give up the place is dead and buried

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

"

So there are new owners?

Dj back in place

To name a few things

I’m

Non Members

Theres the answer to all questions 100%

Bexley

Hosting a party once a month is hardly the same as revamping a naturist club which has an uncertain future. So far there is no evidence that the latter is going to happen, even as a side effect, under the party promisers.

As far as the party at the end of May is concerned, we shall have to see if our much loved Garden of Eden is even still open by then. It would be great to have at least one more summer in the sunshine but so far nobody has been officially informed of any timescale by anyone concerned.

All the signs are that the party aspect has run its course and to some extent the cliquiness of 'who sits at which table by established right' probably already had quite an effect on the decline once the atmosphere was lost.

Ironically most of the spoken for seats have been vacated over the last year by people going elsewhere. For me there is no elsewhere. Eureka is unique in my book for a lot more reasons than the parties.

A party a month will not create a new Eureka, let alone any plurality of Eurekas!

Whoever runs the place in any future reincarnation, even a temporary one until development starts, needs to be there all the time with their finger on the pulse.

east coast

Be aware that posting to these Eureka threads can cause your inbox to pop up with messages telling you to ‘keep your mouth shut’ and ‘The club is not closing’ messages.

Anyone else had any?

Essex

"Be aware that posting to these Eureka threads can cause your inbox to pop up with messages telling you to ‘keep your mouth shut’ and ‘The club is not closing’ messages.

Anyone else had any? "

Are you serious ?

Haha that’s hilariously embarrassing

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Denbigh

Well this is a delightful drama. How is data being handled given the renowned behaviour of the owners?

This place hasn't been good since the place was 'taken' from a previous owner.

C

Gravesend

There have been some very good views put across here but I think I will summarise it

1) it is NOT a 'New Eureka'

2) It is a host looking to hold monthly parties there for their profit and they are looking to publicise it to increase income

3) As a host only they have no control over the maintenance or upkeep of the club as they are just hiring it for the night

4) There is no new website, there has been no improvement to the facilities, and in truth there is never any likely to be

5) the 'new' owners don't exist and the existing owners have never made any public statement other than gaining planning permission to develop the site

6) yes you may have a great party there, and the claims of 40 people already being on the list suggest it will be a relatively small one, but don't go expecting a 'new eureka' as it will be the same old tired one.

Giggles, please feel free to reply to each specific comment.

I genuinely hope eureka comes back to life. But the problem is that many of the old regulars have moved on to a new club, that has invested in itself and improved facilities, where the staff are great, and the owner is friendly, approachable and usually there.

This is a lifestyle built on trust. And right now Eureka just doesn't have any.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

If i was promoting a party i would be asking myself why the fuck am i bothering,its all a shame really,but they have said once a month parties

kent

"There have been some very good views put across here but I think I will summarise it

2) It is a host looking to hold monthly parties there for their profit and they are looking to publicise it to increase income

3) As a host only they have no control over the maintenance or upkeep of the club as they are just hiring it for the night

4) There is no new website, there has been no improvement to the facilities, and in truth there is never any likely to be

5) the 'new' owners don't exist and the existing owners have never made any public statement other than gaining planning permission to develop the site

6) yes you may have a great party there, and the claims of 40 people already being on the list suggest it will be a relatively small one, but don't go expecting a 'new eureka' as it will be the same old tired one.

I genuinely hope eureka comes back to life. But the problem is that many of the old regulars have moved on to a new club, that has invested in itself and improved facilities, where the staff are great, and the owner is friendly, approachable and usually there.

This is a lifestyle built on trust. And right now Eureka just doesn't have any."

The owner is currently in the process of changing the name so very soon it will have a new name.

Hosting parties. The hosts and parties being held there will generate more income to help renovate the improve the facilities.

A host is there to help the proceedings go better. Hosts can only be a good thing for the club to get to know the members and start up a rapport .

The website. A new website will be up and running very soon and the old will be discarded.

The current owner is trying very hard to run things correctly and has discarded or bought out the other owners, so only one person at the helm. It is also a fact by the end of week the owner will have an account on here and other social media sites.

40 on the guest list ! This is the current number who say they will attend on the 27th of May. That gives us another 11 weeks to try and get many more people, either old members, new members or newbies trying a club for the first time. All we are asking is for some positive feedback and not just negative unwanted comments

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

From what we can see most people have moved on to pleasures and DV8. They may not be the same as Eureka but times have changed.

By *ebblesnBambamCouple  over a year ago

Luton

New eureka NEW owner Sadly NOT just hype and lies

Just doing a party once a month ,till its closed and knocked down

if you get a guest list of 40 , 15 might turn up

you could not get the numbers at good clubs so definitely will not at a club that needs tens of thousands spent on it and is closing down

Bexley

"

The owner is currently in the process of changing the name so very soon it will have a new name.

"

Big mistake. especially if the new name has a superfluous 's' on the end.

The place has always been called Eureka regardless of stewardship. Not only has the place always been unique, so has the name.

Changing the name is not the solution.

kent

"New eureka NEW owner Sadly NOT just hype and lies

Just doing a party once a month ,till its closed and knocked down

if you get a guest list of 40 , 15 might turn up

you could not get the numbers at good clubs so definitely will not at a club that needs tens of thousands spent on it and is closing down

"

Where do you have the information it’s closing down let me know please

kent

"

New name new starts new beginnings

Big mistake. especially if the new name has a superfluous 's' on the end.

The place has always been called Eureka regardless of stewardship. Not only has the place always been unique, so has the name.

Changing the name is not the solution."

Bexley

What is the point of quoting people's comments without any additional response, not even a thumbs up or down?

Bexley

"From what we can see most people have moved on to pleasures and DV8. They may not be the same as Eureka but times have changed. "

Unfortunately neither is just down the road from me, nor do they get anything like the hours of sunshine as Eureka does!

kent

"From what we can see most people have moved on to pleasures and DV8. They may not be the same as Eureka but times have changed.

Unfortunately neither is just down the road from me, nor do they get anything like the hours of sunshine as Eureka does!"

??

No matter what is said here or what happens at the club, we will never waste our money there again.

kent

"No matter what is said here or what happens at the club, we will never waste our money there again. "

Would appreciate that you keep your adverse comments to yourself and stop giving people who want to attend the wrong impression of the place !!

"Be aware that posting to these Eureka threads can cause your inbox to pop up with messages telling you to ‘keep your mouth shut’ and ‘The club is not closing’ messages.

Anyone else had any? "

Yes, because apparently they couldn't reply in the forum despite being strangely prolific. My comment was and remains that good business sense at the club would have had the foundations in place eg website, statements, plans, new membership pricing, Fab and other social media accounts etc before starting to advertise events. Seems very odd that the owner isn't capable of creating a personal account to address concerns in the forum personally.

kent

Anyone else had any?

Yes, because apparently they couldn't reply in the forum despite being strangely prolific. My comment was and remains that good business sense at the club would have had the foundations in place eg website, statements, plans, new membership pricing, Fab and other social media accounts etc before starting to advertise events. Seems very odd that the owner isn't capable of creating a personal account to address concerns in the forum personally."

I can assure you that by the end of the week, the owner WILL have an account on Fabs and other social media site to answer your questions

Anyone else had any?

Yes, because apparently they couldn't reply in the forum despite being strangely prolific. My comment was and remains that good business sense at the club would have had the foundations in place eg website, statements, plans, new membership pricing, Fab and other social media accounts etc before starting to advertise events. Seems very odd that the owner isn't capable of creating a personal account to address concerns in the forum personally.

I can assure you that by the end of the week, the owner WILL have an account on Fabs and other social media site to answer your questions "

And you're still missing the point

"No matter what is said here or what happens at the club, we will never waste our money there again.

Would appreciate that you keep your adverse comments to yourself and stop giving people who want to attend the wrong impression of the place !!"

If I want to say something then I can assure you I will. All you've done here is make a bad situation worst.

"No matter what is said here or what happens at the club, we will never waste our money there again.

Would appreciate that you keep your adverse comments to yourself and stop giving people who want to attend the wrong impression of the place !!"

To be fair, this is a free and open forum where everyone is free to air their views. Picking fights with people you disagree with isn't a good look

Essex

"There have been some very good views put across here but I think I will summarise it

This is a lifestyle built on trust. And right now Eureka just doesn't have any."

Just a quick reply to number 5 - the owners of ‘Eureka’ are not the ones that have applied for planning. They only lease the land / buildings.

The owners of the land and buildings are the ones that have applied after many rejections in the past it has now been granted.

The Parish council and residents have god many years tried to rid Eureka and now they have won it seems

Mike fought tooth and nail to keep it going all those years behind the scenes as they threw everything at him trying to get the club closed

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Denbigh

This got messy quickly

P

"This got messy quickly

P"

Unfortunately this is the standard MO. They simply don't or won't understand that the trust is gone.

Earlier in the thread I raised a number of concerns and aside from a comment about the steam room, not one of those concerns has been addressed by anyone.

So what does that tell us?

Oh, and the fact that the steam room has been out of action for quite some time and not been addressed by the 'owner' also speaks volumes.

Of nobody is prepared to answer peoples genuine concerns then, I'm afraid, the place has had it

kent

"This got messy quickly

P"

I agree wholeheartedly. But we need to get the club back on the map, and not being so negative?

kent

"Earlier in the thread I raised a number of concerns and aside from a comment about the steam room, not one of those concerns has been addressed by anyone.

So what does that tell us?

Oh, and the fact that the steam room has been out of action for quite some time and not been addressed by the 'owner' also speaks volumes.

Of nobody is prepared to answer peoples genuine concerns then, I'm afraid, the place has had it"

A meeting has been arranged and these issues are going to be raised !! There is more than just a steam room to be debated !!!

By *oupleJBCouple  over a year ago

Chislehurst

New start not going well is it.

By *urreyVixenStagCouple  over a year ago

Staines

Why is someone who is only hosting one event a month know so much about what is/isn’t happening at a venue?

Hythe

"From what we can see most people have moved on to pleasures and DV8. They may not be the same as Eureka but times have changed.

Unfortunately neither is just down the road from me, nor do they get anything like the hours of sunshine as Eureka does!"

I know that the south west of England gets more sun than say Stornaway. But Eureka and DV8 are about 25 miles apart. The weather can’t be that different

kent

"Why is someone who is only hosting one event a month know so much about what is/isn’t happening at a venue? "

I am in day contact with the owner !!

Bexley

Unfortunately neither is just down the road from me, nor do they get anything like the hours of sunshine as Eureka does!

I know that the south west of England gets more sun than say Stornaway. But Eureka and DV8 are about 25 miles apart. The weather can’t be that different"

Large parts of Eureka get sunshine for long hours in summer. Most of the land also slopes towards the sun.

DV8 has a much smaller lounging area which is overshadowed by trees sooner.

Eureka is 125M ASL DV8 about 10M lower in altitude.

Don't underestimate how seriously some of us take our sunbathing!

Hope this also answers Giggles' ??

By *urreyVixenStagCouple  over a year ago

Staines

"Why is someone who is only hosting one event a month know so much about what is/isn’t happening at a venue?

I am in day contact with the owner !! "

But what business owner(s) disclose the sort of information you’re saying to someone who will only be an external event host and not a financial investor or business partner?

So either you’re financially invested and misleading people - or you’re simply a party host one night a month and misleading people

"This got messy quickly

P"

Great isn't it, keep it going

kent

I know that the south west of England gets more sun than say Stornaway. But Eureka and DV8 are about 25 miles apart. The weather can’t be that different

Large parts of Eureka get sunshine for long hours in summer. Most of the land also slopes towards the sun.

DV8 has a much smaller lounging area which is overshadowed by trees sooner.

Eureka is 125M ASL DV8 about 10M lower in altitude.

Don't underestimate how seriously some of us take our sunbathing!

Hope this also answers Giggles' ?? "

kent

We may venture back when the weather turns warm for a day time visit to catch a few rays difficult to revoke lincese for bar once got especially if advised that the club should apply and have

Is it true is it closing myself and single gal friends were hoping to become regulars there this summer????????"

not closing look forward to seeing you guys

By *attPaulaCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

So, is it open this summer in the daytime?

Gravesend

I think the answer is let's give it a few days and see if the promised updates about social media and some actual tangible improvements materialise

Bexley

"So, is it open this summer in the daytime?"

That is all most of the members want to know. The sooner we are given any assurance the better for the club's future.

kent

"So, is it open this summer in the daytime?

That is all most of the members want to know. The sooner we are given any assurance the better for the club's future."

Would entice you to return ??

east coast

[Removed by poster at 15/03/23 03:42:50]

east coast

Anyone else had any?

Are you serious ?

Haha that’s hilariously embarrassing "

100% Serious, the sender of the message hasn’t even commented anywhere on this thread.

It’s a couple and they’re verified!

I’d said nothing bad either, just said a shame that it was closing and in its day was the best club around which I’m sure we all agree on!

Good knows what goes through peoples minds!

Anyone else had any?

Are you serious ?

Haha that’s hilariously embarrassing "

Why is it embarrassing? I'd say it was quite threatening....

Essex

Anyone else had any?

Are you serious ?

Haha that’s hilariously embarrassing

Why is it embarrassing? I'd say it was quite threatening.... "

Personally I wouldn’t find it threatening in the slightest. Some sad twat being a keyboard warrior lol, maybe I’m made of stronger stuff to feel ‘threatened’

I think it’s more embarrassing on their part to actually DM someone over something so trivial - get a life I would say, freedom of speech and all that

Like a bloody school playground

You reap what you sow I’m afraid, customer service is paramount in business and if mistakes are made then own them and do something positive in return

Chislehurst

So am I right in thinking the current situation is that on one hand, planning permission has been granted and an amendment to that has been applied for so that the clubhouse can be used for storage and facilities to be used during construction of the 3 houses.

On the other hand, someone is running a toga party there next month and it is now not closing.

No official comment from whoever is the current owner of the club, which also seems to be a mystery.

This thread seems to have descended into baiting and unsubstantiated hype.

We’re quite lucky in that the club is not too far from us so on the next warm and sunny day we’ll rock up and hopefully enjoy some naked sunbathing.

We’ll carry on doing that till the day we turn up and find the gates locked.

We’re simple souls.

Gravesend

"So am I right in thinking the current situation is that on one hand, planning permission has been granted and an amendment to that has been applied for so that the clubhouse can be used for storage and facilities to be used during construction of the 3 houses.

On the other hand, someone is running a toga party there next month and it is now not closing.

No official comment from whoever is the current owner of the club, which also seems to be a mystery. "

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

With the paying public just asking for some cold hard facts, truths and evidence to start building confidence to go back.

I would stress that we were relatively regular attendees before covid, and have been back since covid. And didn't enjoy it. So we are speaking from experience.

kent

"So am I right in thinking the current situation is that on one hand, planning permission has been granted and an amendment to that has been applied for so that the clubhouse can be used for storage and facilities to be used during construction of the 3 houses.

No official comment from whoever is the current owner of the club, which also seems to be a mystery.

With the paying public just asking for some cold hard facts, truths and evidence to start building confidence to go back.

I would stress that we were relatively regular attendees before covid, and have been back since covid. And didn't enjoy it. So we are speaking from experience."

There no need to keep plastering g negative comments all over the forum until a statement has been put out for all to see !

Epsom, Surrey

"

There no need to keep plastering g negative comments all over the forum until a statement has been put out for all to see ! "

I would like to turn that around and say

"There is no need to keep posting positive comments about upcoming events at Eureka until a statement has been put out about future of the club for all to see"

Respect and trust has to be earned. Just telling people not to be negative won't work.

By *ebblesnBambamCouple  over a year ago

Luton

Has the new party promoter ever been there ? I bet not

I would stress that we were relatively regular attendees before covid, and have been back since covid. And didn't enjoy it. So we are speaking from experience.

There no need to keep plastering g negative comments all over the forum until a statement has been put out for all to see ! "

I do think that you are a victim of circumstance here.

When the new owners took over they treated longstanding customers incredibly poorly so there is a lot of residual anger. And the way they communicates changes was incredibly poor.

So while I know all you are trying to do is create a buzz, most people are just seeing the vagueness as further poor communication, not least as the planning permission makes the longterm future of the club seemingly untenable

By *ustchillCouple  over a year ago

Fuerteventura Spain, Southport UK, and

We flew over from The Canaries. Joined as non uk members and took away some great memories over the weekends we spent there. Great heated pool and land

"We flew over from The Canaries. Joined as non uk members and took away some great memories over the weekends we spent there. Great heated pool and land "

When did you visit? The reason for asking is that the pool wasn't heated at all last year.

Bexley

That is all most of the members want to know. The sooner we are given any assurance the better for the club's future.

Would entice you to return ??"

I don't need enticing. I would be there almost every day if I were not unwell.

I am undergoing various scan investigations and am quarantining before an operation next week so Eureka has sadly been off my agenda recently.

I am assuming that Eureka will be open until further notice and I can't wait to be back there as regularly as I have been for the last 36 years. Not just in summer but also a regular winter daytime user.

I don't miss the steam room because it wasn't my cup of tea even when it did work but I missed the heated showers recently. I hope the boiler gets mended soon. One shared electric shower in the 'ladies' is not going to cope on a busy May 27th party evening!

kent

I am undergoing various scan investigations and am quarantining before an operation next week so Eureka has sadly been off my agenda recently.

I am assuming that Eureka will be open until further notice and I can't wait to be back there as regularly as I have been for the last 36 years. Not just in summer but also a regular winter daytime user.

I don't miss the steam room because it wasn't my cup of tea even when it did work but I missed the heated showers recently. I hope the boiler gets mended soon. One shared electric shower in the 'ladies' is not going to cope on a busy May 27th party evening!"

Absolutely correct. Open until otherwise stated

I don't miss the steam room because it wasn't my cup of tea even when it did work but I missed the heated showers recently. I hope the boiler gets mended soon. One shared electric shower in the 'ladies' is not going to cope on a busy May 27th party evening!

Absolutely correct. Open until otherwise stated "

Which means I can close at any point. With this in mind why would anyone take out a years membership at a cost of upto £400? Surely this is a reasonable question, is it not?

You must see that people want certainty and clarity before spending there money or the membership cost either needs to be removed completely or drastically reduced to as close to zero as possible.

I don't miss the steam room because it wasn't my cup of tea even when it did work but I missed the heated showers recently. I hope the boiler gets mended soon. One shared electric shower in the 'ladies' is not going to cope on a busy May 27th party evening!"

No hot showers?

So people aren't showering before they get in the hot tub? That's gross

By *ant and MandMan  over a year ago

south east

Used to go on the late 80's with the now wife when John ran it. Great in the Summer. Met some good people and Saturday nights were often rammed. Used to have the Sauna outside next to the pool and a freezing plunge pool to run in and out of. Went last year for a couple of days, grounds were still great on summers day, good to see the lodges. We may go to a few Saturday nights this year, shame you have to buy drinks from the bar, we sneaked some into the grounds during the day just because we wanted to break some rules

kent

"Used to go on the late 80's with the now wife when John ran it. Great in the Summer. Met some good people and Saturday nights were often rammed. Used to have the Sauna outside next to the pool and a freezing plunge pool to run in and out of. Went last year for a couple of days, grounds were still great on summers day, good to see the lodges. We may go to a few Saturday nights this year, shame you have to buy drinks from the bar, we sneaked some into the grounds during the day just because we wanted to break some rules "
:glad you had wonderful times and hopefully many more to come

kent

Which means I can close at any point. With this in mind why would anyone take out a years membership at a cost of upto £400? Surely this is a reasonable question, is it not?

You must see that people want certainty and clarity before spending there money or the membership cost either needs to be removed completely or drastically reduced to as close to zero as possible. "

all things are changing including memberships for future

You must see that people want certainty and clarity before spending there money or the membership cost either needs to be removed completely or drastically reduced to as close to zero as possible. all things are changing including memberships for future "

When and what to?

kent

You must see that people want certainty and clarity before spending there money or the membership cost either needs to be removed completely or drastically reduced to as close to zero as possible. all things are changing including memberships for future

When and what to?"

once it’s confirmed there be a web site and all information will be on there

Chislehurst

So are you claiming that the site is now not being redeveloped.

It was a very complex planning application involving aspects such as wild life protection, ancient trees etc.

I’m surprised that the developers will have now decided not to proceed.

kent

"So are you claiming that the site is now not being redeveloped.

It was a very complex planning application involving aspects such as wild life protection, ancient trees etc.

I’m surprised that the developers will have now decided not to proceed. "

not said that but as we or owner as inform we will let you know

I must be stupid, you are representing Eureka but you won't tell us anything other than nothing. If changes are coming, you must know what they are. Just tell us and let is make an informed decision rather than just telling us to be positive when so much negative has happened.

If someone walked in to my office and told me they had a plan but wouldn't tell me what that plan was and that I just had to get behind it and wait, I'd show them the door. This is exactly that situation and it's laughable. We aren't stupid, we want information and we deserve clarity. None of which is too much to ask. I suggest until such time as you can provide these things you stop with any form of promotion and show us, the people who might pays the bills, some respect.

"I must be stupid, you are representing Eureka but you won't tell us anything other than nothing. If changes are coming, you must know what they are. Just tell us and let is make an informed decision rather than just telling us to be positive when so much negative has happened.

If someone walked in to my office and told me they had a plan but wouldn't tell me what that plan was and that I just had to get behind it and wait, I'd show them the door. This is exactly that situation and it's laughable. We aren't stupid, we want information and we deserve clarity. None of which is too much to ask. I suggest until such time as you can provide these things you stop with any form of promotion and show us, the people who might pays the bills, some respect. "

Exaclty. That was the point I tried to make earlier, but again, just got the brush off.

The point being that if I have concerns that haven't been addressed, it's going to put me off going.

For example, if I had been considering going down there to enjoy the fresh air any time soon, I would be put off by the fact that to do so I would be required to purchase a membership - which I'd be reluctant to do given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the club.

It's not being negative about the club. I'm asking for answers to my questions which are simply not being given.

We're essentially being asked to have some faith by people who seem to be failing to realise that any trust and faith in the club has long been destroyed by behaviour of club owners and staff over the past couple of years.

And as has also been said, a lot of former regulars have already moved on.

It is not up to potential guests to adjust or accept that changes are on the way.

The responsibility to deliver lies solely with the clubs owners

By *x2 4 funCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

As for the membership we had 4 months left when covid hit and were told tough shit that’s gone even though the place was closed and we couldn’t use it.

Things like that stick in your mind won’t be going again and as much as I don’t like seeing a once good business close I no longer give a shit

Chislehurst

We had a similar issue just before Covid.

Arrived for a day visit but our membership card was in another car.

Was refused entry on the grounds that the council could close them down.

Had been going there since the mid nineties.

That was the end for us.

By *ipplebarnyMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"As for the membership we had 4 months left when covid hit and were told tough shit that’s gone even though the place was closed and we couldn’t use it.

Things like that stick in your mind won’t be going again and as much as I don’t like seeing a once good business close I no longer give a shit"

But when kestrel’s and Abfabs were closed Eureka we’re giving free membership probably different ownership!

"No hot showers?

So people aren't showering before they get in the hot tub? That's gross"

Nor afterwards either I bet, going home all crusty....yuk!

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

"We had a similar issue just before Covid.

Arrived for a day visit but our membership card was in another car.

Was refused entry on the grounds that the council could close them down.

Had been going there since the mid nineties.

That was the end for us.

"

I had the same under the previous owners, who said I had to pay £10 for an additional membership, stating it was a council requirement. When I politely pointed out that the Council did not set the fee, he became aggressive.

Bexley

"No hot showers?

Nor afterwards either I bet, going home all crusty....yuk! "

To be fair, the electric shower in the 'ladies' was immediately made available to all users when the boiler went wrong and with low footfall this wasn't a problem at the time I was last there.

However, if numbers are expected to rise, the problem needs addressing. In summer it becomes obvious that a jacuzzi entrant hasn't showered when grass cuttings and leaf debris suddenly appear in the water. Most reasonable people would be consumed with embarrassment if that happened.

The staff are, rightly, hot on jacuzzi rule breaking when they see it happening.

Hythe

"No hot showers?

Nor afterwards either I bet, going home all crusty....yuk!

To be fair, the electric shower in the 'ladies' was immediately made available to all users when the boiler went wrong and with low footfall this wasn't a problem at the time I was last there.

However, if numbers are expected to rise, the problem needs addressing. In summer it becomes obvious that a jacuzzi entrant hasn't showered when grass cuttings and leaf debris suddenly appear in the water. Most reasonable people would be consumed with embarrassment if that happened.

The staff are, rightly, hot on jacuzzi rule breaking when they see it happening."

Previously they may have been but if it’s different staff and management it may not be

By *oodsyMan  over a year ago

tonbridge

I wish you all the best of luck Frank with your health. I hope you get to spend many more afternoons at Eureka in the sunshine which I'm sure will aid your recovery.

By *rHornyGentMan  over a year ago

South East London

"Have you ever heard the expression flogging a dead horse just give up the place is dead and buried "

I really enjoyed the venue when I first went in the early 10’s. It was great to meet quite a few people on this thread, play in the sun and elsewhere

I went again post Covid and it was a mess, high prices, poor attitude, broken equipment, rotten lockers, odd changes, etc. Cancelled my membership right after that visit.

The website always lacked easy info, Facebook the same, nothing was ever easy but you went because the crowd were fun and it was BYO.

Eureka is a classic case of not listening to your customer, behind the scenes shenanigans, poor pricing, lack of investment and lack of clear communication. That’s what killed the place and one new night a month ain’t going to change that.

Shame to see it go. RIP Eureka.

kent

"Have you ever heard the expression flogging a dead horse just give up the place is dead and buried

I really enjoyed the venue when I first went in the early 10’s. It was great to meet quite a few people on this thread, play in the sun and elsewhere things are very slowly changing and I’m sure your see that in future

I went again post Covid and it was a mess, high prices, poor attitude, broken equipment, rotten lockers, odd changes, etc. Cancelled my membership right after that visit.

The website always lacked easy info, Facebook the same, nothing was ever easy but you went because the crowd were fun and it was BYO.

Eureka is a classic case of not listening to your customer, behind the scenes shenanigans, poor pricing, lack of investment and lack of clear communication. That’s what killed the place and one new night a month ain’t going to change that.

Shame to see it go. RIP Eureka. "

Bexley

"I wish you all the best of luck Frank with your health. I hope you get to spend many more afternoons at Eureka in the sunshine which I'm sure will aid your recovery."

Thanks very much. Hope to see you and lots of others up there very soon.

grays

as a lot of you know us die hard regulars of eureka for over 24 years never missed a party first of all eureka does not own the land the billings do and eureka have a lease on that land so it will be a condition of the lease if eureka closes or not so good luck to new owner listen to the members

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

"We weren’t expecting to get another summer frolicking in those lovely grounds so we’ll take an any positive sounding news with a sense of hopefulness plus a touch of caution.

Good luck with the plans if it means the club stays a little longer. "

Yes let's keep our fingers crossed. We met each other at Eureka and would like to think there is still a chance for it

Wine

kent

"We weren’t expecting to get another summer frolicking in those lovely grounds so we’ll take an any positive sounding news with a sense of hopefulness plus a touch of caution.

Good luck with the plans if it means the club stays a little longer. Yes let's keep our fingers crossed. We met each other at Eureka and would like to think there is still a chance for it

Wine "

I looks like it could more than just one summer. Here hoping and praying

Chislehurst

So your saying the developers will not be starting work until late 24 at the earliest.

kent

"So your saying the developers will not be starting work until late 24 at the earliest. "

A date to start work has not been agreed, it could be as many as 3/4 years !

"So your saying the developers will not be starting work until late 24 at the earliest.

A date to start work has not been agreed, it could be as many as 3/4 years !"

So the site will be redeveloped and the club will close within 4 years?

"So your saying the developers will not be starting work until late 24 at the earliest.

It could also be next month

kent

It could also be next month"

But it’s not !!

Gravesend

No it couldn't. The development has to start within 3 years of the permission being granted.

But it’s not !! "

You don't know that. Clarity is what is needed.

kent

But it’s not !!

You don't know that. Clarity is what is needed. "

grays

it will be what is in the lease of the land they use to lease it on ten year blocks and stewart renewed it so he must still have at lease 7 years left

kent

"it will be what is in the lease of the land they use to lease it on ten year blocks and stewart renewed it so he must still have at lease 7 years left "
sounds good doesn’t it 7 whole years to party like mad

By *ukka coupleCouple  over a year ago

winchester

Never had a problem at Eureka , the woods were a good start then to the field . Party in the evening and cabin for the night . A lot of people bitched about small things and will regret loosing a one off special place ;(

Hythe

"it will be what is in the lease of the land they use to lease it on ten year blocks and stewart renewed it so he must still have at lease 7 years left "

So you’re saying that the leaseholders have 7 years left. If that was the case why would the landowners apply for planning permission- spending thousands of pounds- when you have to begin work within 3 years.

They obviously have a break clause in the lease.

kent

"it will be what is in the lease of the land they use to lease it on ten year blocks and stewart renewed it so he must still have at lease 7 years left

So you’re saying that the leaseholders have 7 years left. If that was the case why would the landowners apply for planning permission- spending thousands of pounds- when you have to begin work within 3 years.

They obviously have a break clause in the lease. "

It doesn’t mean to say that they will be building houses straight away, it could be roads or drainage put in place first !

Hythe

"it will be what is in the lease of the land they use to lease it on ten year blocks and stewart renewed it so he must still have at lease 7 years left

It doesn’t mean to say that they will be building houses straight away, it could be roads or drainage put in place first !"

Roads would be specified in the planning. Drains are a given for houses

It doesn’t mean to say that they will be building houses straight away, it could be roads or drainage put in place first !"

So the club would continue while the site is a building site?

Again, I have to say it's obvious that there would be people delighted that we still have Eurekas but people aren't going to get excited ajd buy in to thst without knowing sonething more substantial than the contradictory posts about how long it may or may not be open for

east coast

This is getting worse! Just gonna ignore this now unless I see something official from the Owners.

Would love to spend a few more naked days and nights down at Eureka but let’s see!

Certainly won’t be holding my breath!

Chislehurst

Just looked at this party organisers profile. They will be providing’wenches to have fun with you’.

So paid girls which in turn means a large majority of single guys paying a high entrance fee.

Looks like a short term cash grab to me.

Epsom, Surrey

"A date to start work has not been agreed, it could be as many as 3/4 years !"

"sounds good doesn’t it 7 whole years to party like mad"

"It doesn’t mean to say that they will be building houses straight away, it could be roads or drainage put in place first !"

==============================

It seems by advice of being “open and honest” has fallen on deaf ears and the option of misleading statements and deceit is the route they want to continue with.

All the questions that are being asked here about the amount of time remaining can be answered in the contract the leaseholder of Eureka will have with the freeholder and/or developer. Based on my experience there will be a new contract between Eureka and the freeholder giving the freeholder an option to buy back the existing term of the lease. The freeholder will then have a mirror contract with the developer to sell the land and buildings.

A non returnable amount will have already been paid for this option and the balance will be paid on completion. There will be a notice period specified for the period of time between the option being exercised and when the site has to vacated. This notice period is likely to be 3 or 6 months but it can be any period agreed between the two parties. There can be a clause which states the earliest and/or the latest date that the option can be triggered. The belief that some construction work can start while the current Eureka continues in business is extremely unlikely as that would require some very complex negotiation on the extent of disruption allowed etc etc

Based on the most recent comments I would like to modify my advice and suggest that future statements should be Open, Honest and Realistic. Yes its hypothetically possible that the option won't be exercised for several years but it is extremely unlikely. It is also extremely unlikely that there will be any significant improvement in facilities if closure is imminent.

Today's the day. We are eagerly standing by waiting for the new owners profile, Website and social media. We shall see.....

"Just looked at this party organisers profile. They will be providing’wenches to have fun with you’.

So paid girls which in turn means a large majority of single guys paying a high entrance fee.

Looks like a short term cash grab to me. "

Sounds like a brothel to me, do the council know about this? Bet they dont.

Essex

"Just looked at this party organisers profile. They will be providing’wenches to have fun with you’.

Looks like a short term cash grab to me. "

I can’t see the profile ? Perhaps I’ve been blocked

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

Looks like a short term cash grab to me.

Sounds like a brothel to me, do the council know about this? Bet they dont. "

And look at what that policy did to a couple of other clubs over the years. Yes - closed them down.

Chislehurst

I can’t see it now either. Thought that would happen so took a screen shot.

Don’t think photos can go on a forum though.

Bexley

Can we have part 3 please?

We attempted to be a voice of moderation but either we’ve been blocked or that account is suspended.

Anyone asked a friend to have a look?