FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Rio's May 2023- A single BBW experience

Rio's May 2023- A single BBW experience

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elaninMaverick OP   Woman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

So I went to Rio's yesterday ( May 7th 2023) for a couple of hours. Not specifically to play but to relax, enjoy the hot and cold spa ritual for my middle-aged aches and pains and joints and muscles and have a bit of a swim. I am fairly brave when it comes to public outings. It's chatting to my boss at work that turns me cowardly and panicky. Lol!

I went between 3pm and 6pm as it was Saturday and couples night. It was fairly quiet. I used the female locker room which was empty. The female locker room is tiny. Only about 4 or 5 at a time but it's nice to have a non-male area. Some women use the male changing area which is fairly communal.

Yes Rio's is full of men. Straight, gay, trans women. Some polite and some not so polite. The worst ones are the ones that touch or attempt without permission/consent or even talking to you or making eye contact! The assumption and entitlement to anyone's body is at best annoying and at worst infuriating.

I have encountered two men like this in the smaller Jacuzzis but I promptly push them away or get out. Yesterday was annoying and distracting because I was talking to another Scottish guy and this other guy kept trying to touch me while I was chatting. I had to stop chatting and turn around and push him away. The poor Scottish guy suddenly realized what was going on and gave the guy an evil stare after which he stopped.

Apart from that I had an enjoyable time. Yes the men did follow me around but I do get away from them by going in the swimming pool and the cold plunge pool where most are too cowardly to follow. Lol!

Because it wasn't busy, I was able to lie down on my towel in the sauna and steam room mostly undisturbed. I don't mind men looking but please do not touch or attempt to touch me without permission/consent. Some did sit opposite me with their legs wide open but I just closed my eyes and meditated. lol!

Due to the amount of traffic, these wet areas are highly chlorinated but I don't think it's any more chlorine than my local leisure centre which also had a high amount of traffic for over 12 hours every day. I used Dove soap or a special swimmer shampoo/body wash, exfoiliating gloves or a washcloth and I do not smell like chlorine afterward. I don't think a shower puff and basic shower gel will be effective at scrubbing the chlorine off.

Yes some women and men do wear swimsuits but they are allowed. I go nude because I never like clothes much growing up in the tropics and being nude and seeing other people nude allows me to connect more to my body and sensuality.

I'm 200lbs, pretty solid from my manual job, swimming, cycling, walking up hill trails in Richmond Park, playing women's football and 2 HIIT sessions a week. I'm 5 foot 6 so average height. A slap from me would hurt most of these wimpy wanking dead. I try not to resort to violence unless needed. I also can do my best impression of an angry black woman to terrify most people if they mess with me. lol! At heart, I'm an island girl who just wants to chill out and eat the complementary biscuits with a cup of tea in Rio's and ask one of the girls behind the bar if she still has to blowdry her brother's dreadlocks when he attends the spa. Lol!

Yes, Rios can be intimidating if you are a smaller ( weight/muscles/height wise) woman/man but any issues report them to the staff if they don't take no for an answer.

As a trauma survivor, I don't usually like people touching me but there has to be some appropriate touching allowed in some circumstances such as we are all trying to squeeze into one jacuzzi because the 12-person one is out of order. If you think it's inappropriate you can request that the person stop and if they don't, leave the area and report them to staff.

Unfortunately, a lot of single men live sad lives where they have zero social skills and zero experience with women and are absolutely terrified of actually talking to us ( alone or in a couple). If we don't speak up and be assertive and take our power back, they think this non-consent is a joke or asking for it invitation, or worst male entitlement.

Rio's is a bit run down and a bit ghetto lol! But I have no problem with that as long as it's clean ( as in I don't get sick) and I get to relax and use the hot and cold. A normal Spa is £100 or more! Sex is the icing on the top but I can eat my cake without icing very happily.

Sidenote, you can't play outside of the private areas. it's a nudist spa that allows swimwear not a swingers club first. Best not to play outside of the private areas unless you are a regular and the staff knows you. They know who the regular couples/singles are.

they are open from midday to midnight Monday to Friday for singles. Unless of staffing issues. They close at 10 on Sunday. From 6pm on Saturday, they only allow in Heterosexual couples one who looks like a man and one who looks like a woman. I have no idea what the trans people do. You can't be one man and bring 2 ladies.

Sometimes single regulars hang around outside waiting for the opposite sex to join them to go in.

Current price is 32 for couples, 32 for single men and 16 for single women. You can order in or bring in food. All alcohol has to go behind the bar with your name on it and the ladies pour it out for you. Limited quantities for alcohol. Not a place to get d*unk. You need a pound for the locker.

So Happy Fabbing all whether you decide to go or not go! It's all part of the Fab life!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urvyandsnapperCouple  over a year ago

Essex/Kent

Thanks for the write up - we haven’t made it to Rio’s yet - feels like it provides a useful perspective

near Putney Heath

"Thanks for the write-up - we haven’t made it to Rio’s yet - feels like it provides a useful perspective"

You are welcome. I tried to make it as balanced as possible.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple  over a year ago

Weymouth

Brilliant detailed review, thank you! We have been before but were considering giving it another shot x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Very informative. Thanks for spending time writing it.

By *amLaraCroftWoman  over a year ago

London

Thanks for the detailed review very well written and easy to understand …. I get your points clearly xx

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Great review OP can I ask if you used Fabs club review how would you have scored it ok , fun , fabulous.Also I am not 100% sure but couples on a Saturday after 6.30 - 7.30 is it £32 or £40 as it’s couples only from 6.30 - 7.00

By *eeliciouschaosWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

That’s a great review MM, very helpful, thank you for sharing!

near Putney Heath

"Brilliant detailed review, thank you! We have been before but were considering giving it another shot x"

Thanks. It's just to let people know what they are getting into and how much discomfort they are prepared to tolerate or how much comfort they need around nudity and other men.

Good luck if you decide to go!

near Putney Heath

"Very informative. Thanks for spending time writing it. "

You're welcome. I just wanted to put a balanced review of the pluses and the minuses and it is for some people and definitely not for others.

I type pretty fast on my laptop compared to my thumbs on a mobile.

near Putney Heath

"Thanks for the detailed review very well written and easy to understand …. I get your points clearly xx"

Thanks. I tried my best so people know roughly what they are getting into. That's the biggest thing: not knowing what might happen and how to handle certain situations.

The first time I went to Rio's I went alone and it was my first club and I thought I would be running down Kentish high street nude screaming. Lol! Luckily I didn't have such an adverse reaction...I went on a Sunday evening with loads of friendly people and everyone was watching football and then House of the Dragon on the TV. Two guys were giving massages to the women in the lounge areas. People ordered in takeaway and just chilled out. Sunday evening is when I have seen the most regulars. Singles and couples.

near Putney Heath

"Great review OP can I ask if you used Fabs club review how would you have scored it ok , fun , fabulous.Also I am not 100% sure but couples on a Saturday after 6.30 - 7.30 is it £32 or £40 as it’s couples only from 6.30 - 7.00 "

I'd score it as Fun because it isn't primarily a swingers club.

The notice that I saw yesterday said from 6pm singles who entered before 4pm had to leave. The price list that they put up in the entry lobby only has 32 for couples" posted up. I haven't gone as a couple on Saturday night so someone will have to state if they know for sure if it is 32 or 40 on their recent visit.

near Putney Heath

"That’s a great review MM, very helpful, thank you for sharing!

"

always a pleasure hun!

By *riFreeMan  over a year ago

St Albans

"So I went to Rio's yesterday ( May 7th 2023) for a couple of hours. Not specifically to play but to relax, enjoy the hot and cold spa ritual for my middle-aged aches and pains and joints and muscles and have a bit of a swim. I am fairly brave when it comes to public outings. It's chatting to my boss at work that turns me cowardly and panicky. Lol!

I went between 3pm and 6pm as it was Saturday and couples night. It was fairly quiet. I used the female locker room which was empty. The female locker room is tiny. Only about 4 or 5 at a time but it's nice to have a non-male area. Some women use the male changing area which is fairly communal.

Yes Rio's is full of men. Straight, gay, trans women. Some polite and some not so polite. The worst ones are the ones that touch or attempt without permission/consent or even talking to you or making eye contact! The assumption and entitlement to anyone's body is at best annoying and at worst infuriating.

I have encountered two men like this in the smaller Jacuzzis but I promptly push them away or get out. Yesterday was annoying and distracting because I was talking to another Scottish guy and this other guy kept trying to touch me while I was chatting. I had to stop chatting and turn around and push him away. The poor Scottish guy suddenly realized what was going on and gave the guy an evil stare after which he stopped.

Apart from that I had an enjoyable time. Yes the men did follow me around but I do get away from them by going in the swimming pool and the cold plunge pool where most are too cowardly to follow. Lol!

Because it wasn't busy, I was able to lie down on my towel in the sauna and steam room mostly undisturbed. I don't mind men looking but please do not touch or attempt to touch me without permission/consent. Some did sit opposite me with their legs wide open but I just closed my eyes and meditated. lol!

Due to the amount of traffic, these wet areas are highly chlorinated but I don't think it's any more chlorine than my local leisure centre which also had a high amount of traffic for over 12 hours every day. I used Dove soap or a special swimmer shampoo/body wash, exfoiliating gloves or a washcloth and I do not smell like chlorine afterward. I don't think a shower puff and basic shower gel will be effective at scrubbing the chlorine off.

Yes some women and men do wear swimsuits but they are allowed. I go nude because I never like clothes much growing up in the tropics and being nude and seeing other people nude allows me to connect more to my body and sensuality.

I'm 200lbs, pretty solid from my manual job, swimming, cycling, walking up hill trails in Richmond Park, playing women's football and 2 HIIT sessions a week. I'm 5 foot 6 so average height. A slap from me would hurt most of these wimpy wanking dead. I try not to resort to violence unless needed. I also can do my best impression of an angry black woman to terrify most people if they mess with me. lol! At heart, I'm an island girl who just wants to chill out and eat the complementary biscuits with a cup of tea in Rio's and ask one of the girls behind the bar if she still has to blowdry her brother's dreadlocks when he attends the spa. Lol!

Yes, Rios can be intimidating if you are a smaller ( weight/muscles/height wise) woman/man but any issues report them to the staff if they don't take no for an answer.

As a trauma survivor, I don't usually like people touching me but there has to be some appropriate touching allowed in some circumstances such as we are all trying to squeeze into one jacuzzi because the 12-person one is out of order. If you think it's inappropriate you can request that the person stop and if they don't, leave the area and report them to staff.

Unfortunately, a lot of single men live sad lives where they have zero social skills and zero experience with women and are absolutely terrified of actually talking to us ( alone or in a couple). If we don't speak up and be assertive and take our power back, they think this non-consent is a joke or asking for it invitation, or worst male entitlement.

Rio's is a bit run down and a bit ghetto lol! But I have no problem with that as long as it's clean ( as in I don't get sick) and I get to relax and use the hot and cold. A normal Spa is £100 or more! Sex is the icing on the top but I can eat my cake without icing very happily.

Sidenote, you can't play outside of the private areas. it's a nudist spa that allows swimwear not a swingers club first. Best not to play outside of the private areas unless you are a regular and the staff knows you. They know who the regular couples/singles are.

they are open from midday to midnight Monday to Friday for singles. Unless of staffing issues. They close at 10 on Sunday. From 6pm on Saturday, they only allow in Heterosexual couples one who looks like a man and one who looks like a woman. I have no idea what the trans people do. You can't be one man and bring 2 ladies.

Sometimes single regulars hang around outside waiting for the opposite sex to join them to go in.

Current price is 32 for couples, 32 for single men and 16 for single women. You can order in or bring in food. All alcohol has to go behind the bar with your name on it and the ladies pour it out for you. Limited quantities for alcohol. Not a place to get d*unk. You need a pound for the locker.

So Happy Fabbing all whether you decide to go or not go! It's all part of the Fab life! "

Absolutely brilliantly written. A fair reflection of what Rios can be like and as a man I can testify that there is the unfortunate guys who attend Rios and think it gives them a free in invitation to chat or touch others.

I’m saddened that you had unwanted attention but glad the glaring Scotsman soon put the dweeb in his place though by the sound of it you know how to handle this unwanted attention.

Like you I attend Rios and I’m happy to be naked when there but that doesn’t mean anything sexual. I am of the mind that going to a sauna you’re better naked but I also know to respect other peoples opinions and way of living.

I hope your future visits are more relaxing

near Putney Heath

Absolutely brilliantly written. A fair reflection of what Rios can be like and as a man I can testify that there is the unfortunate guys who attend Rios and think it gives them a free in invitation to chat or touch others.

I’m saddened that you had unwanted attention but glad the glaring Scotsman soon put the dweeb in his place though by the sound of it you know how to handle this unwanted attention.

Like you I attend Rios and I’m happy to be naked when there but that doesn’t mean anything sexual. I am of the mind that going to a sauna you’re better naked but I also know to respect other peoples opinions and way of living.

thanks. I tried my best.

Apparently, it is better naked according to the sauna/steam room experts. Yeah I understand not everyone wants to be naked. Heck I've known women and men not even to want to put on a swimsuit/swim trunks and go swimming in shorts and a t-shirt. A wet suit is a much better idea if that's what they want to do but the chlorine will ruin it for sure. Much better in the sea.

Cheers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Absolutely brilliantly written. A fair reflection of what Rios can be like and as a man I can testify that there is the unfortunate guys who attend Rios and think it gives them a free in invitation to chat or touch others.

thanks. I tried my best.

Apparently, it is better naked according to the sauna/steam room experts. Yeah I understand not everyone wants to be naked. Heck I've known women and men not even to want to put on a swimsuit/swim trunks and go swimming in shorts and a t-shirt. A wet suit is a much better idea if that's what they want to do but the chlorine will ruin it for sure. Much better in the sea.

Cheers."

Oops

Wrong profile?

By *amcplofswingCouple  over a year ago

Ely

Very good review. We are heading there on the Sunday 28th May.

We want to enjoy the relaxing time 1st then we will be looking for as many guys as possible for her.

It's a good idea for when the inevitable touching starts, just to be firm and tell them.

Hopefully it will be a good day with plenty of guys for her.

Feel free to message if you are going to attend!

By *urveslover5Man  over a year ago

London

That's a very good review, I went once just out of curiosity and I didn't get a good vibe from the place...

near Putney Heath

"Absolutely brilliantly written. A fair reflection of what Rios can be like and as a man I can testify that there is the unfortunate guys who attend Rios and think it gives them a free in invitation to chat or touch others.

----------------------------------------

thanks. I tried my best.

Cheers.

----------------------------------------

Oops

Wrong profile? "

fab moves the quotation marks around. did and edit for you. lol!

near Putney Heath

"Very good review. We are heading there on the Sunday 28th May.

We want to enjoy the relaxing time 1st then we will be looking for as many guys as possible for her.

It's a good idea for when the inevitable touching starts, just to be firm and tell them.

Hopefully it will be a good day with plenty of guys for her.

Feel free to message if you are going to attend!"

Noted. good luck I haven't decided what I will be doing that day. sunday evening is busy and they close at 10pm and shut things down at 9pm just to be aware.

Happy Fabbing.

near Putney Heath

"That's a very good review, I went once just out of curiosity and I didn't get a good vibe from the place...

"

Sorry to hear.

Being a maverick I create my own vibe so it doesn't bother me too much.

» Add a new message to this topic