FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club etiquette - How to politely decline?

Club etiquette - How to politely decline?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lackCherry OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We've been to many clubs since we started swinging and we very much enjoy the social side of this as much as the play so were quite happy to talk to anyone. However some people take this as an indication that we immediately want to play with them and being quite "nice" people we find it terribly hard to find ways to decline these invitations without being rude (i.e no, sorry your not our type).

So we ask you fabbers has anyone else found an easier method or way to decline a play invitation in a club when your getting on socially but equally not attracted? or are we just stuck with the simple no option and hope it doesnt offend ? Mrs x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you just try and get in there first with a 'hey, it was nice talking to you were going to have a wonder' etc and if they have any common sence they will take the hint.

Or if they beat you too it and ask you, just a polite no sorry it was really nice speaking to you and hopefully we can chat another time,

I do understand as I experienced it last week some people can be quite ermmm clingy to put it one way, but if they are like that and don't take any of the subtle hints, I think the best way is to be blunt in the politest way possible and tell them thanks, but no thanks xxx

Bristol

I guess its just mentally getting over that hurdle and not feeling awkward to say no :

It does really feel like a damming indictment on someone when you are getting on fine from a social point of view but the attraction just isnt there is all ;o

Don't worry about it; whilst for some persistent offenders, it takes a little more effort, the majority accept a polite "no thanks" without necessarily us giving a reason.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I find it much easier when people actually ask! If they invite me to play i can say either not right now or no thanks - meaning exactly what i say.

It's the hoverers who make little conversation but loiter around and are hard to shake that are annoying. Guys i don't think you realise that sometimes you turn a maybe into a definitely not by behaving this way!

By *--Cinders---Couple  over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

What i dislike is the guys who never speak but like to touch especially in the jacuzzi, i just pick their hand up from where they are touching and move it of me, that is my pet hate..i prefer to play with guys who have a personality.

Bristol

"It's the hoverers who make little conversation but loiter around and are hard to shake that are annoying. Guys i don't think you realise that sometimes you turn a maybe into a definitely not by behaving this way!

"

Yeh i get a lot of them, i actually find it quite creepy more than anything if someone does that . Worst is if Mr C leaves me on my own they then come in for one liners and a bum grope.. Not the way to go! Mrs

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"What i dislike is the guys who never speak but like to touch especially in the jacuzzi, i just pick their hand up from where they are touching and move it of me, that is my pet hate..i prefer to play with guys who have a personality."

Have to say a "oh thanks but not at the moment" is a nicer way to put it. But a straightforward "No thank you" is needed sometimes. I prefer straight talking people, I know exactly where I am then xx

By *weetcorruptionCouple  over a year ago

At home

"What i dislike is the guys who never speak but like to touch especially in the jacuzzi, i just pick their hand up from where they are touching and move it of me, that is my pet hate..i prefer to play with guys who have a personality. "

Totally agree with this,people who grab us with conversation are much more attractive than those who just loiter quietly and then expect to play

» Add a new message to this topic