FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Sex discrimination

Sex discrimination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itan Mynutz OP   Man 6 weeks ago

Taunton

Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tasiaCouple 6 weeks ago

West Bromwich

"Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though. "

No

By *urreyVixenStagCouple 6 weeks ago

Staines

"Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though. "

The sex discrimination act does not apply to Private Members Clubs. So, in short, the answer is no.

By *tasiaCouple 6 weeks ago

West Bromwich

The Act allows private clubs and other associations (except political parties) to restrict membership to people who share protected characteristics.

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 6 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less.

By *urreyVixenStagCouple 6 weeks ago

Staines

"It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less. "

By *eavenscentitCouple 6 weeks ago

barnstaple

How worried are you about inequality ! ?

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

No.

Aside from the fact a club owner has already confirmed this above, Here's an extract from the Citizens Advice website.

"Another example of sex discrimination is a club which offers free entrance only to women. However, a private members' club is allowed to discriminate against women or men in this way. Examples of a private members' club include working men’s clubs, golf clubs, bowling clubs, and gentlemen’s clubs."

Doesn't mention swingers clubs of course, but you get the drift....

By *alcon43Woman 6 weeks ago

Paisley

I’m only familiar with golf clubs but they had a lower price for women as they had less access to the course. Restricted Tee of times. It wasn’t just about gender.

Although when it came to competitions where it was a mixed event, the women were obviously in demand. Nothing really changes.

Clubs had to be equal if they applied for Lottery funding.

By *oobbiensarCouple 5 weeks ago

erith

I can,t imagine any swingers clubs getting a lottery fund lol.

By *neeyedwillieMan 5 weeks ago

Darlington

No.

Everyone else has answered correctly.as to why it's not discrimination but here's the lowdown.

If you let single guys in at the same rates as women, you end up with clubs full of single guys and very few women and/or couples.

Trust me...try being the only couole or only single woman in a club when there's 20 horny single guys in there. Great if that is your dream scenario. Total nightmare if it's not.

Some (not all) guys don't know how to behave and the pricing structure gives some sort of balance for a few reasons.

By *abioMan 5 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less. "

Bingo……..

They are actively attracting people who may not normally think of attending

» Add a new message to this topic