FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Need for ID's

Need for ID's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anenkam OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

manchester

Hi, There seems to be a new phenomenon where clubs that we've been attending for years have suddenly started asking for ID and to put you on a membership list. Now, we're quite conscious about our privacy and wouldn't want our details getting into the wrong hands with by accident or malicious intent. Are there any clubs you know where they're not that anal and don't insist on you producing an ID and we'd also love to hear of your views on this policy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hellebelleWoman 2 weeks ago

ashford

I would presume it’s not just a safety thing but most clubs hold A private member’s license, and I would presume under terms of said licensing, that would require all members to confirm who they are by way of proving themselves with identification.

I have absolutely no problem with this demand… I quite like the idea that they would know exactly who they have on site if any issues arouse.

I used to work in a lifestyle club and we have had disclose information on request from the police when it’s been needed (be it a sexual assault allegation or just where a brawl has occurred on site and someone has pressed charges against the other person involved)

Under GDPR no one will disclose sensitive information unless for the above instance or the clubs systems have been breeched … and in that case, everyone would be informed.

By * and BCouple 2 weeks ago

Durham

All the clubs we have been to, except Attic, we have had to provide ID. Looking at all the data breaches over the years we think swing clubs are the least of anyones worry

manchester

Would any couples be put off from going though knowing they are opening themselves up to be potentially compromised in public by having their identities revealed on the internet?

By * and BCouple 2 weeks ago

Durham

"Would any couples be put off from going though knowing they are opening themselves up to be potentially compromised in public by having their identities revealed on the internet?"

That's illegal under disclosure law. We already have our details on Internet and people do recognise us. Can't see a problem.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 2 weeks ago

wonderland.

I've only been to one club I think that didn't need id. Most do. X I am not worried

By *exy and HotCouple 2 weeks ago

St Albans

"I've only been to one club I think that didn't need id. Most do. X I am not worried "

We much prefer clubs that hold ID rather than the ones like Rio’s who just let anyone in off the street.

By *iss DevilWoman 2 weeks ago

Bedford

"I've only been to one club I think that didn't need id. Most do. X I am not worried

We much prefer clubs that hold ID rather than the ones like Rio’s who just let anyone in off the street."

This, very much so. It's not just about knowing who's a member, but also making sure everyone is of legal age. Some people are lucky enough to look really young.

OP, if you're so worried about ID for swingers clubs, maybe this lifestyle is not for you?

By *iddle ManMan 2 weeks ago

Walsall

I can see both sides of the argument, on one hand you want to know people are willing to hand over their details as part of the trust process, and as a result will not be acting out (it still doesn't stop some).

The other, I guess if anything were to come from their membership details getting out then I could impact some people negatively.

Most clubs I find require some form of Id, not all keep those details though. I would rather know or the club know who is in attendance, but that is just me.

manchester

Most clubs don't charge a membership fee for couples and as stated previously we've been going to clubs for over 20 years without having to produce any form of ID so what's changed? To those talking about age verification, we can assure you we don't look 18! To those that say it's not an issue for you then that's fine too but we don't feel that way. To those that are stating that maybe this lifestyle isn't for us, well we've been swinging for over 20 years so thanks for your observation but please let us be the judge of what is suitable for us and what isn't. Afterall, We know ourselves better than you do.

By *assy LassieWoman 2 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I prefer the club know who is on their premises. If something goes wrong as another poster has indicated at least you have a chance of perpetrators being identified.

By *cottish guy 555Man 2 weeks ago

London

I've shown ID at every club I've ever visited.

wonderland.

"Most clubs don't charge a membership fee for couples and as stated previously we've been going to clubs for over 20 years without having to produce any form of ID so what's changed? To those talking about age verification, we can assure you we don't look 18! To those that say it's not an issue for you then that's fine too but we don't feel that way. To those that are stating that maybe this lifestyle isn't for us, well we've been swinging for over 20 years so thanks for your observation but please let us be the judge of what is suitable for us and what isn't. Afterall, We know ourselves better than you do."
There are very few clubs that don't require id to be fair. At least on joining..

It's been the norm for quite some time and I've been going to clubs for over 25 years

By *loss aka Miss JonesWoman 2 weeks ago

south coast IOW

I have always needed to show ID. Only on first registration not subsequent visits but always had to show it. As a private members club you must have a list of members to operate.

By *rozac_fairyCouple 2 weeks ago

Tamworth

For us, we probably wouldn't attend another club that doesn't ask for ID.

But I get your privacy concerns, I suppose people opting to feel safer maybe trumps that? Or perhaps the licensing to be a private club does?

I would say though, I understand totally why you feel you want to protect your privacy, I'd probably recommend making all your face pics private too though, you have 2 available to the public on here.

By *allySlinkyWoman 2 weeks ago

Leeds

It's not just clubs - a lot of UK hotels now insist on seeing photo ID too

By *bw partiesWoman 2 weeks ago

warrington

One club i know does take id and good job they did. They found a wallet with no id but money in and the police were able to get the wallet back . There was a substantial amount he never said he had money and didnt leave behind the counter.

manchester

I don't think anyone is going to shame you or try to extort you for anything for staying at the Hilton!

By *ccasionallyNaughtyWoman 2 weeks ago

Sussex

I went to Pleasures in Kent for the first time a few months ago and no ID or registration was needed. Which felt rather unsafe really, as there were large troops of guys patrolling round the club in a pack being quite disrespectful and lecherous, and the club will have had no idea who they were or who was in the building had an incident occurred.

I know at another club the police were called a couple of months ago due to an incident and the manager of the club was able to give the police all the details of the chap involved straight away.

Safety is important

By *alandNitaCouple 2 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

We've been to over 30 clubs around the UK, all but a couple have required Photo ID to setup their membership.

I expect all businesses to comply with the legal Data Protection (GDPR) requirements, but I also don't really care if some hacker knows that I like sex.

Cal

wonderland.

"I don't think anyone is going to shame you or try to extort you for anything for staying at the Hilton!"
clubs have to use GDPR for keeping details. I've only been to a few clubs where no id has been required to join. Most require it.

» Add a new message to this topic