FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > camera phones in clubs

camera phones in clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

now my local club has a ban on using them in clubs.... they must be locked away...

but I have just stumbled across what says to be footage from a club night at this club of people playing.... (not telling you which in open forum, but I will certainly not be going to that club now!)

i thought all clubs would have had this policy......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"now my local club has a ban on using them in clubs.... they must be locked away...

but I have just stumbled across what says to be footage from a club night at this club of people playing.... (not telling you which in open forum, but I will certainly not be going to that club now!)

"

I assume Fabio you ca vouch from the footage that it is genuinely from the club in question. The next issue may be that it's old footage from before the time the cl8ub made a statement stopping phones going into the club itself. After that, if it's footage in a private room, then it's unlikely the club even knew the person had took the phone into the room. And finally even if it's in a general room it is possible that the club didn't know it was being filmed and thus the problem is one unscrupulous person/couple rather than a fault of the club itself.

In theory at least, I think that could happen at many clubs, just in practice most people are respectful enough not to go cam phone vidoeing in a club.

I can think of a club which allows you to keep your phone with you all the time, based on it's all adults, you may need to take an urgent call from home and they simply trust people to behave.

At another club I was at recently, they said they wanted to take a group photo for publicity, you had a choice prior to the picture being taken as to whether you did or didn't stay in camera shot.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i certainly can..... or it is the biggest co-incidence that the name they used to download the clip is exactly the same name they have as their username on fab....

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Our regular club prohibit phone use outside of reception but turn a blind eye to people checking them in their lockers in the changing area.

But virtually every week recently we have seen somebody carrying a phone in the club, they are specifically meant to be in lockers, one guy even walking through the lounge checking his messages as he went. We even had a phone ring in somebodies pocket in the middle of a play room

Almost always the culprit will be a single guy in street clothes who is a tourist, never been before, wanders around disappointed and never comes back. It's one of the reasons why we play less in public these days.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"Our regular club prohibit phone use outside of reception but turn a blind eye to people checking them in their lockers in the changing area.

But virtually every week recently we have seen somebody carrying a phone in the club, they are specifically meant to be in lockers, one guy even walking through the lounge checking his messages as he went. We even had a phone ring in somebodies pocket in the middle of a play room

Almost always the culprit will be a single guy in street clothes who is a tourist, never been before, wanders around disappointed and never comes back. It's one of the reasons why we play less in public these days."

To be honest I have never seen that happen with anyone at any of the clubs I go to which is exclusively in the NW and West Midlands.

It would though concern me greatly if video from a club I attended appeared on any website, whether or not I was there, as I expect my privacy within the club to be maintained

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

About a year ago at a club I actually caught a man about to film my wife in the changing room as she undressed.

He could of swallowed his head as I had been to the bathroom and walked in behind him without him knowing I was there.

Phones were banned from any area outside of the social lounge.

Reported him to the owner and the couple were asked to leave the club.

By *asperthedogCouple  over a year ago

midlands

recently seen a clip from one of the east midlands clubs on x hamster the other day. To be fair it was a locked room and everybody seemed pretty cool about it but most clubs don't want you wandering around with phones

Newcastle and Gateshead

"recently seen a clip from one of the east midlands clubs on x hamster the other day. To be fair it was a locked room and everybody seemed pretty cool about it but most clubs don't want you wandering around with phones "

I think it was the same thing I saw... which is why I brought up the thread....

to be fair you would have no idea it was in a locked room, maybe only people who have been there would know that.... but I still think it is bad form to be filming in the club, so I went and had a look at that clubs rules.. and they seem to have broken them

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

It's a good topic Fabio

I feel happier with a no phones policy. Ours stays in the locker for the duration of our visit but will check it periodically.

Our local club came and interrupted some play in a public room because someone had reported a guy had a phone - he hadn't it was actually a black packet of cigarrettes. But reassuring.

I have wondered though, is there really an issue recording play in a private room if everyone's consensual?

I suppose if that's acceptable you have to accept people may walk around carrying a phone - which I wouldn't want at all. So I guess having no grey areas is the best way.

There are enough things to look for when playing without having to keep an eye out for someone with a camera.

D

We do not have any face photos on this site or any other swingers site .we have been to about 15 swingers clubs .in the last 10 years .if we thought any club would let people walk around the club with a phone. we would not go again.yes people may try (sad really sad) but the clubs really need to make it clear NO PHONES even in the locker room.if you need to check your phone keep it in the locker and check it do not get it out when people are getting changed .

clubs really need to put a stop to this on a personal note if we was playing and i could see oneone recording us .they would get a good slap and the phone would be smashed up .

do clubs really need this to happen i think no.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I went to the BBW night at Chams in Darlaston last week & there were mobile phones being used in the couples room.

I have seen photos on here that have clearly been taken in the couples changing room.

At Xtasia the week before we were asked if we had any phones with us (we'd left in hotel)

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

It is something that really riles us to see people playing with phones which are not at all really phones they are mobile computers.

We have been asked twice in fact to leave clubs as one of our complaints was people using phones. We thought it reasonable but seemingly the management didn't agree and one of them is now bust and the other as far as we know is still running in Blackpool, and a total dump it was too.In fact what made them ask us to go was that I walked round the pool, I was so bored given there were virtually no others there, and picked up a bit of glass to save some one a nasty. They took it as being an inspection *shrug*

It is an on going problem the phone issue sadly.

L2

I've never seen anyone using their phones around a club, only in locker room or private rooms. Neither of these places bother me, as in locker rooms it's normally just checking formessages or calls...then in pprivate rooms it's up to them as long as everyone is aware and especially aware they were being put on another site

How about spy camera's they are about as you wouldn't know if your being flimed x

By *onnybag69Man  over a year ago

Tameside/East Manchester

talking about cameras i noticed that the meerkats at morfa dyffryn have started to use spy cameras hidden in bags towels etc there was one guy filming himself playing with himself on the beach shame the beach is slowly becoming a swingers beach

I actually do not see the problem if in a private room behind closed doors with everyone consenting...

Public areas are different....

And I think in most clubs you can check your phones in the locker area. I've certainly found that to be the case in most clubs we have been too.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I was a touch concerned to see mobile phones being used openly in the lounge area of the club I was in last night. I thought all phones were banned in all clubs.

Chameleons are great at this sort of thing. If they see someone using a phone they get very forceful about putting it away.

By *inkylouiseWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

I think some clubs will allow it if arranged with the owner or manager to be used in a private room between consenting people only. But good will can allways come back and bite you on the ass. So after this thread they might not allow it anytime. I may be wrong so i said I Think.

Burnley

Also if that is the case we see nothing wrong with a club allowing it in private.

"I was a touch concerned to see mobile phones being used openly in the lounge area of the club I was in last night. I thought all phones were banned in all clubs.

Chameleons are great at this sort of thing. If they see someone using a phone they get very forceful about putting it away."

in the the 12 years we have been going to chams only seen people have them in the locker room. but then its a bit suspicious it they have the phone out of the locker standing there.why not leave it in the locker and check it .if you have to check it. in a privet room is ok as long as they do not walk throw the club holding the phone like a lot of people do. i FACT IT AGAINST THE LAW TO TAKE A VIDEO OR FILM IN ANY UK private premises with asking first.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

It is really hard to monitor the use of phones in the club. We have notices everywhere and our staff are always walking around to monitor this and other stuff too. We understand that people may have families to check on or other possible emergencies, so if people tell us in advance, then we ask them to stand at the entrance to take their call. But if we see other people on their phones in public areas, they are politely asked to switch it off and the notices pointed out to them Everyone is told on their initial tour of the club and we encourage our members to report people who are seen on phones as our eyes can't be everywhere.

We appreciate that many people want their swinging lifestyle to be kept private and banning phones in public areas is one way of protecting our members.

What we have agreed to in the past is people using a private room to take pics with everybody in there consenting. Now our private rooms only hold 3-4 people max and I ask people to come and ask me first and I ensure that all present are in agreement and ask which room they are going in. I stress that the pics are only taken there and that all those in the pics understand what the pics will be used for. It sounds like I'm almost nannying people, but the privacy of our members is paramount and I'm afraid in a small minority of cases, we can't always rely on people being respectful adults.

If someone is found using their phone after being asked to switch it off, we assume that they are using it for malicious reasons and they are asked to leave.

Zero tolerance is the way to go. I would be devastated if a pic of a member was inadvertantly taken in our club and it ended up online!!!

Great thread Fabio xx

Burnley

"It is really hard to monitor the use of phones in the club. We have notices everywhere and our staff are always walking around to monitor this and other stuff too. We understand that people may have families to check on or other possible emergencies, so if people tell us in advance, then we ask them to stand at the entrance to take their call. But if we see other people on their phones in public areas, they are politely asked to switch it off and the notices pointed out to them Everyone is told on their initial tour of the club and we encourage our members to report people who are seen on phones as our eyes can't be everywhere.

We appreciate that many people want their swinging lifestyle to be kept private and banning phones in public areas is one way of protecting our members.

What we have agreed to in the past is people using a private room to take pics with everybody in there consenting. Now our private rooms only hold 3-4 people max and I ask people to come and ask me first and I ensure that all present are in agreement and ask which room they are going in. I stress that the pics are only taken there and that all those in the pics understand what the pics will be used for. It sounds like I'm almost nannying people, but the privacy of our members is paramount and I'm afraid in a small minority of cases, we can't always rely on people being respectful adults.

If someone is found using their phone after being asked to switch it off, we assume that they are using it for malicious reasons and they are asked to leave.

Zero tolerance is the way to go. I would be devastated if a pic of a member was inadvertantly taken in our club and it ended up online!!!

Great thread Fabio xx"

agree with your policy well put

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Telford

Seen this many times at our local club. Guys mainly but seen couples filming people in the couples room. We never play anywhere at a club unless it's behind a closed door. Mobile phones are difficult to police unless they are collected up upon entrance which would put a lot of people off.

We reported each incident but have since seen those people back.

we think no need to collected them up upon entrance just tell everone if they use the phone at all they will lose they membership .any one that does not understand that should not be at a swingers club.yes check on the kids and things like that just do not walk around with your phone doing it .

I would prefer for all visitors to clubs to just respect that clubs are a no-phone zone and to leave their phones at home or in the car (which is what I do). I was at Eurekas on NYE and there were a couple of ladies taking selfies at the front entrance (think they wanted the lit up fairy tree as background). This made me uncomfortable as people were out front smoking and had to either move out of the shot or risk having photos appear online with them in he background. Privacy is really important to me, and whilst I appreciate that others are very open about their lifestyle, there are many of us who don't want to appear in photos which then pop up on various websites.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I would prefer for all visitors to clubs to just respect that clubs are a no-phone zone and to leave their phones at home or in the car (which is what I do). I was at Eurekas on NYE and there were a couple of ladies taking selfies at the front entrance (think they wanted the lit up fairy tree as background). This made me uncomfortable as people were out front smoking and had to either move out of the shot or risk having photos appear online with them in he background. Privacy is really important to me, and whilst I appreciate that others are very open about their lifestyle, there are many of us who don't want to appear in photos which then pop up on various websites."
what happens if you don't have a car

I go to my club after going to football 200 miles from where I live. I don't have a car, so I have to have it on me. As I have my train and coach ticket on it.

I happily put my phone in my locker for the duration of my stay in the club. The time I might get it out to use is if I am one of the last people in the club and I am chatting with a couple and adding them for a veri

I think people should be sensible, with the phone usage.

I would feel happier for a no phones and a cheaper or at least across the board entry fee for all users

"I would feel happier for a no phones and a cheaper or at least across the board entry fee for all users "

what does entry fee have to do with phones

By *ove121LustCouple  over a year ago

LaLa Land

We've seen couples 'ejected' for breaking the phone rules and taking them in

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Maybe it was a promo video shot with "actors" and maybe in the day time when no paying guests were there?

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"How about spy camera's they are about as you wouldn't know if your being flimed x"

Not very good quality unless the light is good. But your right the only thing that gives it away is the person using it badly.

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"I would feel happier for a no phones and a cheaper or at least across the board entry fee for all users "

So are you saying that because a guy pays more for entry that it's OK to go filming on your phone in a club.... Steady my boy.. Very thin ice

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Every club and party I have been to prohibits use of anything capable of photography or limits use to communal areas such as the bar. People do like to check Fab, contact people who are supposed to meet at the club, read the news etc.

how well such policies are policed is down to the club. I haven't seen anyone sneaking photos but someone will always try.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

In German clubs there is a blanket ban on phones anywhere other than in the locker rooms. However it seems that some enforce it more strictly than others and although rare we have seen people inside with phones but never anyone filming.

Some clubs will invite an official photographer on certain nights who will photograph or film anything you like in private, our avatar pic on here is from one such session, but never in any of the public areas unless specifically invited by a group.

The whole filming and CCTV issue is a legal minefield. The Data Protectiion Act is behind the curve in regards to cameras on phones

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

We do agree with the no phones policy. Although I will admit I have gone back to the locker to check there were no messages from the child minder, so sorry if that upset anyone.

The difficulty with any of this is policing it.

If it's in a pocket or hidden from view how will the club know?

If people want to break the rules then that is down to their willingness to do so.

"I would prefer for all visitors to clubs to just respect that clubs are a no-phone zone and to leave their phones at home or in the car (which is what I do). I was at Eurekas on NYE and there were a couple of ladies taking selfies at the front entrance (think they wanted the lit up fairy tree as background). This made me uncomfortable as people were out front smoking and had to either move out of the shot or risk having photos appear online with them in he background. Privacy is really important to me, and whilst I appreciate that others are very open about their lifestyle, there are many of us who don't want to appear in photos which then pop up on various websites."

I couldn't leave my phone in the car as I have to check in with the kids and make sure all is okay. Only use it in the locker area and that seems to be the norm.

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

We are in total agreeance with a complete phones ban in clubs ,for all the obvious reasons as listed above .

You can of course check your phone for messages inside the actual locker without getting it out ,but not in the open locker room area as one girl was doing recently at a Manchester club in the couples changing area.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i can't believe this has been broughtback up...... it was a good 12-18 months ago i think..... so for all those people that have been mailing me asking which club it was...... honestly, I can't remember!!!!

I have enough trouble remembering last week......

"We are in total agreeance with a complete phones ban in clubs ,for all the obvious reasons as listed above .

You can of course check your phone for messages inside the actual locker without getting it out ,but not in the open locker room area as one girl was doing recently at a Manchester club in the couples changing area. "

Well sorry but I always get my phone out and check it, it's not practical to check it within a locker, And as far as I am aware it's allowed within the area. ( ie staff have often been in the changing areas when people have been using the phones )

technology has moved on a bit people .

I have an action cam that i use for my bike helmet so small it can be hidden in anything like a fag packet etc. so forget phones unless people walk around naked its going to become much more common .

"I was a touch concerned to see mobile phones being used openly in the lounge area of the club I was in last night. I thought all phones were banned in all clubs.

Chameleons are great at this sort of thing. If they see someone using a phone they get very forceful about putting it away."

I agree with how Chams deal with this sort of problem.

In the past we have seen a single guy told to put his phone in the locker or leave.

Today in the seated area near the telli room there was a female making a loud phone call. From what she was saying it appeared to be work related. We left as we arn't comfortable with phones being used anywhere except when people are checking their phones in the locker room. At reception we spoke to the lady working there and she knew who it was and had told the female to use the phone in the locker room (i think). The female using the phone had said she needed to text her son. The member of staff wasn't happy about where the phone was being used and was going to have a word with her about it. We left anyway but i'm pleased Chams do seem to deal with it properly.

One of the reasons we love going to clubs is the lack of people staring st there phones and actually engaging in conversation x

Luton

"One of the reasons we love going to clubs is the lack of people staring st there phones and actually engaging in conversation x"

Yes it's nice to actually speak with people, and interact.

I know there are valid reasons to check messages....check on the kids, see if the people you were going to meet are on their way, etc. Some clubs have a specific area where use of phones is allowed and that is often fine.

Phones should not be out of lockers/pocket anywhere else. We all want to feel safe and secure, and we all have a right to privacy.

I think they should be allowed but the spool removed at the end of the night/session

Fabio, would you possibly mail me with the name of the club as I would not want to go somewhere this could happen. Thanks.

"Fabio, would you possibly mail me with the name of the club as I would not want to go somewhere this could happen. Thanks."

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

There are loads of photos of people in the Chams changing rooms.

Where ?

"i can't believe this has been broughtback up...... it was a good 12-18 months ago i think..... so for all those people that have been mailing me asking which club it was...... honestly, I can't remember!!!!

I have enough trouble remembering last week...... "

Paranoia is raft in the ranks now OP!

I was in chams newport in the glory holes and there was a couple on the other side as i put my dick in the hole i could see a light shining through now at first i thought they were just using it as a flash light to see but as i heared him egg her on i realised he was fliming her now i didn't mind one bit but i can see from peoples point were phones should only be used in looker room

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"now my local club has a ban on using them in clubs.... they must be locked away...

"

Report to the police it is a clear breach of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 S67 and carries a minimum sentence of 12 months in prison and the person would be added to the sex offenders register

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"

Ive been to more clubs that allow phones than I have to clubs that don't allow them, i love the social side of clubs but I wouldn't play in open areas knowing full well anyone can film. Even the clubs with no phone I've seen men say not got a phone with them to later pull one out of there pocket when staff aren't around

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"There are loads of photos of people in the Chams changing rooms. "

Yes Ive seen loads of photos too taken at chams and xtasia, both have no phone policies

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

The first time I went to chams it was made clear that mobiles were banned. It's disappointing to see this simple rule being broken. Every phone has a camera now so the principle of what happens in the club stays in the club is being undermined.

there are loads of pics of people on the spiders web of my local club around here, phones aren't allowed in there, chatting with a couple on here this week they told me they had been to that club and midway through a group session a guy started filming !! phones should NOT be allowed anywhere in a club.

"

Nightclubs also have no drugs policy and airports have no bombs or weapons policies.

Time has shown people are good at sneaking all sorts into all kinds of places

"The first time I went to chams it was made clear that mobiles were banned. It's disappointing to see this simple rule being broken. Every phone has a camera now so the principle of what happens in the club stays in the club is being undermined. "

When the staff know about it they do deal with it.

yorkshire

Quest in Leeds have a complete ban on phones in all areas of the club , so no grey areas as to where they can be used.

"Quest in Leeds have a complete ban on phones in all areas of the club , so no grey areas as to where they can be used."

I checked mine in the locker room as was everyone else. I'd actually have to stop going to clubs If I couldn't check my phone every hour or so x I only have it in the locker room though x

Although did see phones in the bar area x

Rugeley

"The first time I went to chams it was made clear that mobiles were banned. It's disappointing to see this simple rule being broken. Every phone has a camera now so the principle of what happens in the club stays in the club is being undermined.

When the staff know about it they do deal with it."

Yes they are always on the ball there.

"Quest in Leeds have a complete ban on phones in all areas of the club , so no grey areas as to where they can be used."

Luton

These days you can by what looks like an ordinary pen. ...It even writes. ....but also contains a camera capable of recording video and audio.

people do have reason to use phones to check on family etc. But use should be restricted to one area such as near reception.

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

We've stopped going to a local club near us for the blatant use of mobile phones my wife got filmed in a room not all but many of the single guys trying to film people around the club numerous complaints and they're still being used but suppose this is to be expected when they don't control the amount of single guys and no membership

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"there are loads of pics of people on the spiders web of my local club around here, phones aren't allowed in there, chatting with a couple on here this week they told me they had been to that club and midway through a group session a guy started filming !! phones should NOT be allowed anywhere in a club."

I think I would have been tempted to throw the phone into the nearest hot tub!

"there are loads of pics of people on the spiders web of my local club around here, phones aren't allowed in there, chatting with a couple on here this week they told me they had been to that club and midway through a group session a guy started filming !! phones should NOT be allowed anywhere in a club.

I think I would have been tempted to throw the phone into the nearest hot tub! "

Where do you hide them at a hot tub party ?

yorkshire

" phones should NOT be allowed anywhere in a club.

I think I would have been tempted to throw the phone into the nearest hot tub! "

With its owner still attached !!

We were in a local club just before Christmas and a guy was in the playrooms after 22:00 fully dressed and his phone rang. That's two accounts of rule breaking right there and to be honest it ruined our night a little as we were playing at the time and unaware of him. Could have been filming us for all we know.

By *isexmistressWoman  over a year ago

Prestwich

if someone i didnt know started filming me or my friends without permission you would see THE biggest kick off ever..

Its creepy and something only misfits do and clubs need get a grip and educate their visitors about what is and isnt acceptable lest run the risk of alienating their clients and going bust..

ps.Im quite happy being filmed,if i know and give permission!

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Telford

"if someone i didnt know started filming me or my friends without permission you would see THE biggest kick off ever..

Its creepy and something only misfits do and clubs need get a grip and educate their visitors about what is and isnt acceptable lest run the risk of alienating their clients and going bust..

ps.Im quite happy being filmed,if i know and give permission!

"

Rugeley

Some people now seem to find it very difficult to be away from their mobile phones. It's as if they must be allowed to use them wherever. A couple of years ago I did jury service and one of the other jurors actually took a call in the court! She got an almighty bollocking off the judge.

"Some people now seem to find it very difficult to be away from their mobile phones. It's as if they must be allowed to use them wherever. A couple of years ago I did jury service and one of the other jurors actually took a call in the court! She got an almighty bollocking off the judge. "

people seem to have forgotten it wasn't that long ago we didn't have mobiles, we all seemed to survive!

"In German clubs there is a blanket ban on phones anywhere other than in the locker rooms. However it seems that some enforce it more strictly than others and although rare we have seen people inside with phones but never anyone filming.

Some clubs will invite an official photographer on certain nights who will photograph or film anything you like in private, our avatar pic on here is from one such session, but never in any of the public areas unless specifically invited by a group. "

The clubs in Ireland could learn from this. One club does have notices up regarding mobile phone use but I never saw it enforced when we frequented the club. We haven't been back in over a year so no clue if enforcement ever happened. As for the other club well they let a national television channel camera crew in so i don't camera phones were top of their list of problems

» Add a new message to this topic