FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > New swingers club in Norwich

New swingers club in Norwich

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If we open a new swingers club in Norfolk. Would anyone on fab be interested in joining this private club?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you done a couples only night

we would go.

Interested I'm daytime weekday

hi yes quite interesting could be up for it

By *BW100Couple  over a year ago

Suffolk/Norfolk border

Yes would be great. We've visited Cham but the distance is prohibitive. But to run something like that is a big commitment. We wish you all the best if you do and please keep us informed.

A few people over the last two or three years have posted on here about opening a club in Norwich and, to the best of my knowledge, none have got off the ground. The Licensing Dept at Norwich City Council seems to be a BIG, BIG stumbling block in each case.

Having said that, given where Norwich is geographically and that there is nothing else around for miles, in 'theory' you should be on to a winner.... but then it will only work if you offer what people want... not what you think they should have... same as any other business.

ted.

By *orwich nice and naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

As others have said ...if you do a couples only night or at least restrict singles would be interested

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Yep!

We'd def be up for it.

By *attoo loversCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Might do if it ever happend x

By *eeJay1230TV/TS  over a year ago

king’s Lynn

Yes I would x

By *exxifun5Couple  over a year ago

NORWICH

We would be interested but like a previous poster put Norwich city council is very tough stumbling block . But if u manage it , we would be there xx

By *ohn_1983Man  over a year ago

Poringland

Due to the population density of Norfolk it doesn't lend itself to many establishments unless the location is right.

Being in the city would allow couples to drink but less likely to be allowed by NCC.

Outside the city may be easier to get permissions etc but makes it less attractive due to someone driving.

Maybe worth approaching landlords outside of the city, which also provide accommodation, for private club nights??? Especially now outside of the holiday season.

Yes yes yes

Yes, if it wasnt like the last guy who posted about one. Where it was mf couples only, no riff-raff (his words) and he was going to vet members for suitability.

If people above are talking about the same guy and his attempts to say that NCC had told him his license was dependent on it being couples only, then it was all bullshit. He never even applied. NCC publishes all license applictions/ variations and minutes of meetings online and I checked back then.

You'll probably need an adult entertainment license though. But theres no reason you wouldn't get it past the board.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Remember Norwich City councillors are used to mahoosive backhanders.

How else would the Castle Mall shopping center have got planning consent.

Be good to have a club in Norwich you could have Alan Partridge doing pole dance in hot pants as the entertainment

Yes work in norfolk regular ..i.d join

By *orseydaveMan  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

You need to hurry up, a chap I know is currently converting a pub just outside Norwich and has planning permission for a change of use, from public house to private members club.

I was there 3 weeks ago helping him with some on-licence stuff and he was only a few weeks from opening

Norwich NR5

I will answer that in public as i have nothing to hide.

You are very wrong re the licencing aspect, the law states that for any establishment to be opened it must operate under the Private Members Licence, same as every working mans club, bingo hall and private club.

In theory when you pay your membership, and the club has a limit of say 300 members, you will own one 300th of the club.

regarding why i did not open in Norwich, I chose to become divorced instead and could not afford both.

regarding cross dressers & TV's - You have to understand that licencing commitee's are not made up with circa 2013 younsters, but with retired busy-bodies who think they still rule the world.

If I went in front of a commitee and said i was opening a club for geezers to wear there mums panties, dress up as women and ponce about with adams apples hovering over there plastic tits, the application would get laughed at.

I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WITH YOU, AND WILL NOT BE REPLYING TO THE "x-dressing army"

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

It wont work we had trinity in yarmouth everyone said they wanted it then went down hill quickly be careful its not a good area for investment

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I will answer that in public as i have nothing to hide.

You are very wrong re the licencing aspect, the law states that for any establishment to be opened it must operate under the Private Members Licence, same as every working mans club, bingo hall and private club.

In theory when you pay your membership, and the club has a limit of say 300 members, you will own one 300th of the club.

regarding why i did not open in Norwich, I chose to become divorced instead and could not afford both.

regarding cross dressers & TV's - You have to understand that licencing commitee's are not made up with circa 2013 younsters, but with retired busy-bodies who think they still rule the world.

If I went in front of a commitee and said i was opening a club for geezers to wear there mums panties, dress up as women and ponce about with adams apples hovering over there plastic tits, the application would get laughed at.

I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WITH YOU, AND WILL NOT BE REPLYING TO THE "x-dressing army""

Christ that must make the planning application a very long drawn out process if they have to pre-approve every article of clothing a member will wear.

"Ladies and gentlemen, hear we have a pair of C&A Y fronts in a classic white cotton"

"Approved for men, not approved for women"

"OK, next we have a plain white cotton shirt"

"Which side are the buttons?"

It must take years.

Or you could be talking bollocks

"I will answer that in public as i have nothing to hide.

I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WITH YOU, AND WILL NOT BE REPLYING TO THE "x-dressing army""

Does that mean we can't have Alan Partridge and his hot pants ?

Norwich NR5

You're right Teasing Two - Last year we invested 7k in a project, and recieved over 400 emails saying they'd join etc, but come crunch time and a request for £15 and they all run back to Aldi's.

The new project Im involved with stands a better chance as my new partner owns the freehold of a dis-used public house, so more hopeful

" Last year we invested 7k in a project, and recieved over 400 emails saying they'd join etc, but come crunch time and a request for £15 and they all run back to Aldi's."

Did you seriously think that receiving 400 emails from a bunch of total strangers meant that they would be lining up to hand over their money?

We would be interested but like a lot of others only would attend on Cpls nights

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

New swingers club thanks for all your comments regarding new club. We have been to local NCC about licence and they have no objections to the idea as the place we have in mind was a private club before. We are just waiting for a meeting with council next week regarding a few concerns. Will keep you all upto date with out come.

Nice to see your bigotry is still rife Dave. Should be a wonderful inclusive club for you all in Norfolk to attend. And thanks for posting that little diatribe, I'll make sure come opening time I post some threads linking to this one.

No wonder Norfolk is still percieved as backward with people like you living there....

Oh yes !

Surely any club that opens in Norfolk , can be like any other club different nights for different people couples night, single men night, bi night, tv/ts night etc etc

"Surely any club that opens in Norfolk , can be like any other club different nights for different people couples night, single men night, bi night, tv/ts night etc etc "

Oh no, not this one. If you do a forum search for "Norwich swingers clubs" you'll probably you'll find the thread from Horseydave from last year, about this time of year in fact where he was going to open one called Sinatra's I believe. There he explains what sort of club it would be. Was most enlightening.

in fact here's the link http://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/133105

I've just read very interesting, what happened to the other club dave, I just don't know if a club would work I. Your location, you haven't got a huge population to pull from and you are not exactly geographically central, unless it's a secondary business ie the building is being used by another business that's why most clubs have to cater for different groups to make them pay

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

oh I remember it well

"I've just read very interesting, what happened to the other club dave, I just don't know if a club would work I. Your location, you haven't got a huge population to pull from and you are not exactly geographically central, unless it's a secondary business ie the building is being used by another business that's why most clubs have to cater for different groups to make them pay "

I believe during the day it was going to jointly serve as headquarters for the east Anglican branch of Transphobes-R-Us, EDL swingers and a Masonic Lodge. Then beautiful couples only would go there in the night for good old fashioned Aryan wife swapping. So it would probably pay for itself.

By *ohn_1983Man  over a year ago

Poringland

"New swingers club thanks for all your comments regarding new club. We have been to local NCC about licence and they have no objections to the idea as the place we have in mind was a private club before. We are just waiting for a meeting with council next week regarding a few concerns. Will keep you all upto date with out come. "

Best of luck. Hope its a success. I'm definitely interested in knowing more

By *um togetherCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk Border

It would be interesting if a club was to open in Norwich or the surrounding area.

We have been to a few clubs but all are miles away so one nearer would be great.

Please keep us informed if one or both are to open.

I can remember Dave looking to open a club and asking for money upfront but we did not pay anything as the club was not even open or looking like it would.

By *un To Be UsCouple  over a year ago

North West

A club in Norwich -we'd be very interested as spend half our year down in Norwich - cant wait to see if it all goes ahead x x

Any news on this?

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

It would appear its not actually going to happen....

Would travel to it if you have.one.

By *UCKY 69Man 8 weeks ago

norwich

Absolutely!!! Nearest one is in king’s Lynn

By *ilesandMaryCouple 8 weeks ago

Stockport..... ish

Definitely we are relocating soon