FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Liberty Elite

Liberty Elite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andb69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

leeds

We used to visit Liberty Elite regularly. It is an elegant and beautifully clean club with good looking clientele, friendly staff and very erotic ambience. We are still members, but for various reasons we haven't been able to visit for over six months, in fact since Bridget and Aide handed over the club to new owners. Since then the reviews have not been so positive, with complaints that the club is quiet, that there is no DJ etc. As a visit to Liberty Elite can be expensive and time consuming for us we would be grateful if anyone could describe their recent experiences, and whether a return visit is worthwhile. If Liberty Elite has really gone down hill so quickly, how can we get it back to being one of the best clubs in the country?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *endynsampsonCouple  over a year ago

Runcorn

pm sent xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmmmmmm tough one we went to a party night before Christmas which had a guest DJ and it was packed out. However normal nights not so much now. Last summer and the year before it didn't seem to matter what night you went on it was always busy. I have noticed that the owners don't seem to get as involved as Ade used to he was always running about making sure things were going well

"Hmmmmmm tough one we went to a party night before Christmas which had a guest DJ and it was packed out. However normal nights not so much now. Last summer and the year before it didn't seem to matter what night you went on it was always busy. I have noticed that the owners don't seem to get as involved as Ade used to he was always running about making sure things were going well

"

nice to know our hard work was appreciated !! thanks guys

"We used to visit Liberty Elite regularly. It is an elegant and beautifully clean club with good looking clientele, friendly staff and very erotic ambience. We are still members, but for various reasons we haven't been able to visit for over six months, in fact since Bridget and Aide handed over the club to new owners. Since then the reviews have not been so positive, with complaints that the club is quiet, that there is no DJ etc. As a visit to Liberty Elite can be expensive and time consuming for us we would be grateful if anyone could describe their recent experiences, and whether a return visit is worthwhile. If Liberty Elite has really gone down hill so quickly, how can we get it back to being one of the best clubs in the country?"

There's not much point in trying to get it back to how it was as the owner (he's always owned it, but now he's decided to run it) won't listen to anyone else's opinions which is why it's died a death. At least B&A knew how to fill the place. Very sad

"We used to visit Liberty Elite regularly. It is an elegant and beautifully clean club with good looking clientele, friendly staff and very erotic ambience. We are still members, but for various reasons we haven't been able to visit for over six months, in fact since Bridget and Aide handed over the club to new owners. Since then the reviews have not been so positive, with complaints that the club is quiet, that there is no DJ etc. As a visit to Liberty Elite can be expensive and time consuming for us we would be grateful if anyone could describe their recent experiences, and whether a return visit is worthwhile. If Liberty Elite has really gone down hill so quickly, how can we get it back to being one of the best clubs in the country?

There's not much point in trying to get it back to how it was as the owner (he's always owned it, but now he's decided to run it) won't listen to anyone else's opinions which is why it's died a death. At least B&A knew how to fill the place. Very sad "

John doesn't believe in a decent DJ. He doesn't think "swingers" want to dance.

If we met people there (because they attracted enough people) we probably wouldn't need a DJ, but at the end of the day you pay £35 to get in? plus £100+ on fuel and hotel room - you want to experience a full a night out, especially if you meet no one to play with.

So we now don't go, and there is lot's with the same mentality - because they have told us.

Best night to go is Mrs Deviants birthday party night - that attracts all their friends and more.. (gutted we missed it last year)

"We used to visit Liberty Elite regularly. It is an elegant and beautifully clean club with good looking clientele, friendly staff and very erotic ambience. We are still members, but for various reasons we haven't been able to visit for over six months, in fact since Bridget and Aide handed over the club to new owners. Since then the reviews have not been so positive, with complaints that the club is quiet, that there is no DJ etc. As a visit to Liberty Elite can be expensive and time consuming for us we would be grateful if anyone could describe their recent experiences, and whether a return visit is worthwhile. If Liberty Elite has really gone down hill so quickly, how can we get it back to being one of the best clubs in the country?

There's not much point in trying to get it back to how it was as the owner (he's always owned it, but now he's decided to run it) won't listen to anyone else's opinions which is why it's died a death. At least B&A knew how to fill the place. Very sad

John doesn't believe in a decent DJ. He doesn't think "swingers" want to dance.

If we met people there (because they attracted enough people) we probably wouldn't need a DJ, but at the end of the day you pay £35 to get in? plus £100+ on fuel and hotel room - you want to experience a full a night out, especially if you meet no one to play with.

So we now don't go, and there is lot's with the same mentality - because they have told us.

Best night to go is Mrs Deviants birthday party night - that attracts all their friends and more.. (gutted we missed it last year)

"

Completely agree, more than you realise lol. I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if Deviants have another birthday party there. Shame as I loved the place, as did many others x

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

It does need a decent DJ

A decent couple to host the evenings, on a percentage of the takings, so they have an incentive to get the numbers up.

The rooms need to refurbishing to a high standard.

Lastly, a new nervous couple on the scene doesn't need to shown around a venue by a 70 year old man, no despective to John, because we like the guy, but seriously.

We went on the recent free night...loved the club and the lay out of it, it was spotlessly clean and the staff were impeccable but there were far more than the 15 single men we were assured it was limited to...and some of them were most definitely dressed according to the dress code we had been reassured by too...the main advantage we found was that there were private lockable rooms...we may try it again but only on a couples only night...

Not dressed...

We went to Libs lastnight and it was very quiet, but it was expected as it was a free night on friday so most went then. The layout is great, the club is spotless, but the DJ is shite, we did have a chat with John and in 6/7 weeks time the club is going to be a couples only club NO SINGLE GUYS. the web site and forum will be up and running also. great club but needs a few changes to get the numbers back in. themed night are usually very busy, so we will stick to thoses nights from now on

"We went to Libs lastnight and it was very quiet, but it was expected as it was a free night on friday so most went then. The layout is great, the club is spotless, but the DJ is shite, we did have a chat with John and in 6/7 weeks time the club is going to be a couples only club NO SINGLE GUYS. the web site and forum will be up and running also. great club but needs a few changes to get the numbers back in. themed night are usually very busy, so we will stick to thoses nights from now on "

He's been saying that about the website for months so don't hold your breath, as from February it's just showing as closed! If he stops single guys he'll just kill Fridays, he's already killed Thursdays and Sundays lol x

without single males paying inflated prices, the clubs days will be numbered,

Stopping Single guy nights seems a strange decision as they were popular and that way the club catered for everyone. I wonder what plans they have in the pipeline I'm hoping good ones as it's gone a little stale lately.

Going next weekend so hoping it will be a good one.

By *portyndNaughtyMan  over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

As a single guy I will feel cheated if Friday night does not happen anymore. We pay £100 for a year membership mine runs until November 2014, plus £40 every time we go. Swinging clubs cannot survive without us. By the way I respect the views of some couples in here but if you do not like single guys do not come to the club on a Friday simples!!

"As a single guy I will feel cheated if Friday night does not happen anymore. We pay £100 for a year membership mine runs until November 2014, plus £40 every time we go. Swinging clubs cannot survive without us. By the way I respect the views of some couples in here but if you do not like single guys do not come to the club on a Friday simples!! "

So couples aren't allowed to go to mixed nights if they don't play with single males ?

Nearby Hinckley

[Removed by poster at 19/01/14 21:21:34]

We sometimes got to clubs on mixed nights as well as couples only nights but we don't feel we have to play with anyone we don't want to, singles or couples, funny attitude to have saying that couples who don't play with single males shouldn't go on Friday nights not a very inclusive attitude perhaps that is the only night some people can get out on

Nearby Hinckley

Course they are myself I respect everyone's preferences but usually as single guys are allowed only on Fridays unfortunately the numbers can be high plus the usual push ones can spoil everyone's night.

"Course they are myself I respect everyone's preferences but usually as single guys are allowed only on Fridays unfortunately the numbers can be high plus the usual push ones can spoil everyone's night."

We'll I can only go on your original statement you seem to be contradicting yourself

Nearby Hinckley

By the way I do apologise it wasn't what I meant. Nobody is obliged to play whether is a single male or couple again myself various times just had a social night chatting and getting to know people in there.

Nearby Hinckley

[Removed by poster at 19/01/14 21:32:01]

Nearby Hinckley

I was referring to a post complaining about the number of single guys not about playing with them

"I was referring to a post complaining about the number of single guys not about playing with them "

If that was mine...my point was that they were in no way limited as we had been assured they would be and that we would go on a couples only night if we were to return...we haven't suggested at all that single men shouldn't be allowed but the numbers when we were there were oppressive...if we had known there would be so many we wouldn't have gone...

The last time we attended we planned to join but there were only 6 people there - including us!

So we didn't. A shame because it's a great facility. We'd maybe try another night but not willing to pay out for membership based on the last time.

By *overmanMan  over a year ago

stamford

Fully agree with most of the above. We love the club layout but it needs a decent DJ ( Martin was good but he hasnt been there now for a couple of months) & the website diary & forum need keeping up to date. We've had all the stories from John as well - many times! If he carries on at this rate he wont have a club left to sell as it is sadly on a downhill spiral

Very interesting! We were members when it was called Liberation. In those days dinner, music, room & fun was on the agenda. High class club, which would mean £200+ for the night. Then lifetime membership followed by new owners, followed by another lifetime membership, food dropped, cold & tired rooms....... Sad as it was the best UK club, but now spoilt for choice in sunny Cap d'Agde

"Fully agree with most of the above. We love the club layout but it needs a decent DJ ( Martin was good but he hasnt been there now for a couple of months) & the website diary & forum need keeping up to date. We've had all the stories from John as well - many times! If he carries on at this rate he wont have a club left to sell as it is sadly on a downhill spiral "

Don't think John actually cares, let alone cares enough to sell it. (Meant to be minted anyway isn't he?)

Everything that has been done to improve the place, was with real managers who wanted to make an effort.

Every time a managing couple goes, the vibe goes too.

We wont be renewing membership or visiting unless we hear it's got a lot better.

Sitting around looking dull faced on a sofa for the night like most who go there is not our idea of a good night out, regardless of how good the facilities are.

By *endynsampsonCouple  over a year ago

Runcorn

Don't think John actually cares, let alone cares enough to sell it. (Meant to be minted anyway isn't he?)

Everything that has been done to improve the place, was with real managers who wanted to make an effort.

Every time a managing couple goes, the vibe goes too.

We wont be renewing membership or visiting unless we hear it's got a lot better.

Sitting around looking dull faced on a sofa for the night like most who go there is not our idea of a good night out, regardless of how good the facilities are.

Totally agree, but its a great place and we have had some fantastic nights there xxx

We are going to Libs tomorrow night thinking it may be the last time till it starts to pick up again. More going to use the facilities and hope some hotties are around.

We agree things need to change and quick to get us back over the summer as we will be branching out.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We went last year and while the venue is very nice and John is a very affable friendly guy they were trialling a DJ who obviously didn't make it and it was deathly quiet, we were assured this wasnt the normal case but given the massive outlay to go to a club night like this (time and money) we certainly couldn't justify a return.

It needs some variety in the play areas, it needs a better (or a DJ), it needs some updating and it desperately needs some inviting hosts who know how to run a swinging club.

They are small things to fix but the will needs to be there to fix them and to see them as an actual problem in the first place.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"We went to Libs lastnight and it was very quiet, but it was expected as it was a free night on friday so most went then. The layout is great, the club is spotless, but the DJ is shite, we did have a chat with John and in 6/7 weeks time the club is going to be a couples only club NO SINGLE GUYS. the web site and forum will be up and running also. great club but needs a few changes to get the numbers back in. themed night are usually very busy, so we will stick to thoses nights from now on "

Liberty Elite, well they say if the name fits then the shoe fits, Elite by name and obviously an elitist attitude if they don't allow single males.

By *asperthedogCouple  over a year ago

midlands

the loss of income from excluding the single guys will do more to close this club then the choice of DJ. There are not many couple only clubs in existence.

By *overmanMan  over a year ago

stamford

Lets face it, single guys are 10 a penny which is why clubs have to limit the numbers. If Libs dont up their game pretty quick its the lack of couples attending that will kill it completely

We hadn't seen this thread. Looks like continuing to go to Atlantis and Chams is a very sensible choice.

How on earth does a club that's not even half full Friday or Saturday think stopping single guys is going to improve it in any way!

Fixing the falling down ceiling above the showers in the main playroom after 3 years might be a more effective improvement

Unfortunately liberties is being thought of as a club from another era for the pleasure of the men, women like sex nowadays too no male bar staff, uniforms! Lol. Sponsored by Saga is coming next.

» Add a new message to this topic