FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Fake profiles and clubs

Fake profiles and clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *leepyangel OP   Couple  over a year ago

over the hill and far away

I have recently noticed that certain clubs advertise for meets/events and on the following thread it is full of employees/mates with different profiles saying they will be attending.

I know its a way of getting the punters in but it gives a false impression when newbies turn up to a virtually empty club.

To make matters worse, false reviews are then put on from the same people. Come on guys. Play it fair x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have had the same suspicion but have no evidence. If I did, I'd report but as I don't I just view it with a healthy dose of cynicism

i saw a profile the other day - woman saying she was at some club on a certain date etc - but also said sex guaranteed - errrrr i dont think so

Several clubs do this one profile gave on same day a club in Bury a very bad write up and same day a different club a fab write up... Problem is to sort out the fake profiles and then to 100% certain it isn't a fake.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It happens.

But then a lot of regulars post on these threads too.

You can usually spot patterns easily enough - and we always take them with a mountain, rather than a pinch of salt.

Generally a thread will start weeks in advance with the same people posting over and over. Fine for events/socials planned well in advance and managing guest lists - but if for an ordinary club night it's obvious.

As is the 'only a few spaces left' line. Clubs/events that are busy or nearly sold out will hardly have to advertise/tout for business on a thread now will they!

A

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

There has also been a trend to create a profile to give a club a bad review, often from people who have never even been to the venue itself.

Such is the way of things. The clubs that don't get involved or lower themselves to such tactics and also advise their clientele NOT to the same on their behalf will always be better off. Just stand for what you are and on your own two feet without resorting to such tactics.

I think your right in saying this .. Maybe fab should look into it .

It can put me off attending a club if regulars jump on top of any reviews that are less than glowing or if the same people post on any thread concerning their favourite club,sometimes its like a broken record and just makes clubs look like they have a hardcore of really clicky members,im sure they don't mean to come across that way when they support their clubs but it doesn't always have a positive effect

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

What you mean that when four out of the five threads at the top of this board are all about events at one club there is something going on?

That the fact it keeps happening, usually just before the weekend means there is something going on?

No shit Sherlock

There is a club close to us who is well known for getting their friends to write bad reviews for other clubs even though they have never been. There was even a review written in the club section on another clubs page the day it closed down though no fault of its own saying " shame it's closed but don't worry come to us with full club listings etc " seems some people are willing to go to any lengths to get trade !!

By *ooldudeMan  over a year ago

manchester

What I have detected Sherlock is that two of the posters on this thread are Barred from clubs. One is actually barred from Two clubs so I deduct that an element of deep bitterness is afoot my dear Holmes. Would suggest go where ever you like and don't believe all you read. Certainly take no heed of bitter twerps who have to much time to hand.

By *ogiboobooCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"It can put me off attending a club if regulars jump on top of any reviews that are less than glowing or if the same people post on any thread concerning their favourite club,sometimes its like a broken record and just makes clubs look like they have a hardcore of really clicky members,im sure they don't mean to come across that way when they support their clubs but it doesn't always have a positive effect"

I totally agree, a friend and I went to a club a while back the reviews great and loads of people had said they where going. We got there and it was very quiet, mainly regulars who just spoke to each other. Safe to say we won't be going back which is very disappointing conceding the reviews are great! But I found out this week they actually pay people to promote the club on there fab page. Surly if the club is good enough it should not need to pay people, fake profiles and reviews....

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Club reviews are always going to be subjective unfortunately. I would be happier with a star system for location, cleanliness, staff attitudes etc etc. There's no point in reading reviews because how do I know they like what I like? For example, the biggest complaint most couples have about clubs is the amount of single men, whereas I want there to be lots of single men as who else would I play with?

Who cares if there are fake reviews on a Fab club page? I will always review it honestly as I don't have any axes to grind, or any favourite clubs. If the evening is quiet its not the clubs fault is it? It's our fault for not going more.

"Club reviews are always going to be subjective unfortunately. I would be happier with a star system for location, cleanliness, staff attitudes etc etc. There's no point in reading reviews because how do I know they like what I like? For example, the biggest complaint most couples have about clubs is the amount of single men, whereas I want there to be lots of single men as who else would I play with?

Who cares if there are fake reviews on a Fab club page? I will always review it honestly as I don't have any axes to grind, or any favourite clubs. If the evening is quiet its not the clubs fault is it? It's our fault for not going more."

By *ostonLadMan  over a year ago

North West

From what I've been told, no one is perfect..

"What I have detected Sherlock is that two of the posters on this thread are Barred from clubs. One is actually barred from Two clubs so I deduct that an element of deep bitterness is afoot my dear Holmes. Would suggest go where ever you like and don't believe all you read. Certainly take no heed of bitter twerps who have to much time to hand. "

why were they barred I'd like to know?

manchester

Unfortunately we are not allowed to name and shame on this site. However rest assured that Clubs do Liaise together to identify potential trouble causers. I mean it is not the easiest thing in the World to get barred from a Swingers venue. Would suggest gross misconduct would be the issue subject to the rules pertaining to each different venue.

By *urboTongue21Man  over a year ago

Walsall

Seen two guys barred recently, one for taking a piss in the sauna (H&S breach!) and one for attempting sex with hostesses without protection; personally wonder what idiots would put at risk anyone else by thinking thats ok? Girls were distraught.

manchester

Can understand the no protection one. Quite obviously they could not fit the condom over their head.Pity suggest would have suited them down to the ground.

"What I have detected Sherlock is that two of the posters on this thread are Barred from clubs. One is actually barred from Two clubs so I deduct that an element of deep bitterness is afoot my dear Holmes. Would suggest go where ever you like and don't believe all you read. Certainly take no heed of bitter twerps who have to much time to hand. "

"I totally agree, a friend and I went to a club a while back the reviews great and loads of people had said they where going. We got there and it was very quiet, mainly regulars who just spoke to each other. Safe to say we won't be going back which is very disappointing conceding the reviews are great! But I found out this week they actually pay people to promote the club on there fab page. Surly if the club is good enough it should not need to pay people, fake profiles and reviews.... "
Yes we have done the same thing .. only to find nothing like what people said . Why we like chams just so easy going and everyone chat to everyone.

» Add a new message to this topic