FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > First time visit by a lone male - how difficult?

First time visit by a lone male - how difficult?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi there,

Often wondered about visiting somewhere like AbFabs one day but I'd go as a single male.

I'm just wondering how easy / awkward (delete as appropriate!) is it as a single male to integrate?

When I get to know people I'm relatively confident and very easy to get on with. I'm not the type though to randomly break into a conversation with anyone already in their own group or already with their friends etc so I'd imagine if I did go I would end up shuffling awkwardly around on my own with nobody to talk to all day!

I'm also the non-pushy type so wouldn't go stalking / following couples or females around everywhere so what is the etiquette at clubs like this?

Single males - how have you found it? Has it been welcoming for you or do you find yourselves on the periphery as the couples and females all get on famously with each other?

Apols if this has already been covered a million times, I'm happy to catch up on previous threads if that's the case!

Thanks, Dan

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

If only I'd read the 'first time in a club' topic *currently* right below this one I'd have partly answered my own question! D'oh!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Alright mate. I made my first visit to No.3 Club, Chorley as a single male about 18 months ago and yes, it was effing sphincter clenching as I walked up to the door!! But if you are a reasonably confident person (or can at least blag some confidence for a few minutes!!) then once you get through the door and start talking to someone you'll soon loosen up and relax.

I would choose an appropriate night - say a greedy girls or singles night to make the first step as you won't be the only single male there and safe in numbers. The key though is just to talk to people, as everyones there for more or less the same reason so just be pleasant, polite, friendly and a bit cheeky. Ask females or couples if they would like to play - dont just assume unless it is 100% obvious that someone is open to you approaching without speaking first.

Hope that helps, Rob. Good Luck

Thanks Rob, excellent advice which I'll take on board!

Still plucking up the courage but hopeful to get there soon! It's on my 'to-do' list before the year is out!

Dan

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

I personally believe it would be easier for a single male to visit Kestrels on his own - why?

* more relaxed atmosphere

* more single females

* easier to make conversation especially in heated pool and jacuzzi's

* cheaper

But never go to a club expecting "fun" - treat it as a relaxing day at a spa and if you are lucky, added bonuses lol

Thanks Zenith, good advice!

Yes I think I would always go expecting no action so anything that does happen would be a bonus!

Just don't want to be a wallflower and would hope to 'fit in', hopefully make some friends and have a good time.

I guess it's fear of the unknown really!

» Add a new message to this topic