FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Abfabs closing

Abfabs closing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have Hurd it has to close in October is that true?!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thought it was Kestrals only ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Think it's the whole place as that did not have planning permission for all the out buildings etc and its green belt land

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

[Removed by poster at 18/07/15 23:05:55]

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

May I ask where you heard this from?

I like both, Kestrel and AbFab and would be sorry to see either close

Have they not been gouging enough cash from single male swingers or something?

I have heard that they had problems with the planners due to some of the out buildings

"Have they not been gouging enough cash from single male swingers or something?"
I thought too lol.

Wembley

"I have heard that they had problems with the planners due to some of the out buildings "

Yes, they did and they did send out an email circular about it some time ago. But there is nothing about either AbFab or Kestrel closing on their websites

So where are people hearing about the October closure from? Is it in a local paper?

Our friend the green arrow tells an interesting tale lol

I smell fish

By *abloversCouple  over a year ago

London

Love it and think it's reasonably priced for the rooms you can use, hot tubs, pool, dungeon. I can't abide tight men - very unattractive x

"Love it and think it's reasonably priced for the rooms you can use, hot tubs, pool, dungeon. I can't abide tight men - very unattractive x"

You must prefer fools easily separated from their money then x

Last time we went they said kestrels had been ordered to shut but not abfabs, I don't know if they will be able keep open without kestrels. As for the cost of getting in I would say if you don't like it don't go plenty of others will

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Love it and think it's reasonably priced for the rooms you can use, hot tubs, pool, dungeon. I can't abide tight men - very unattractive x

You must prefer fools easily separated from their money then x"

Not sure how anyone is gouging money for anything. If people don't want to pay it they don't have to go, no ones dragging anyone through the doors..

"Love it and think it's reasonably priced for the rooms you can use, hot tubs, pool, dungeon. I can't abide tight men - very unattractive x

Not sure how anyone is gouging money for anything. If people don't want to pay it they don't have to go, no ones dragging anyone through the doors.."

'There's a great social scene in here, lots of people looking for a good time and some sexy fun, sound good? Oh you're a single male? You'll have to pay considerably more than them - why? Because you're surplus to requirement.'

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Not sure how anyone is gouging money for anything. If people don't want to pay it they don't have to go, no ones dragging anyone through the doors..

'There's a great social scene in here, lots of people looking for a good time and some sexy fun, sound good? Oh you're a single male? You'll have to pay considerably more than them - why? Because you're surplus to requirement.'"

All that maybe true but still no one is forcing them.

'There's a great social scene in here, lots of people looking for a good time and some sexy fun, sound good? Oh you're a single male? You'll have to pay considerably more than them - why? Because you're surplus to requirement.'

All that maybe true but still no one is forcing them. "

Not forcing...it's more of a venomous, cynical baiting.

By *attyBWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

All clubs charge more for single guys bcoz this then filters out the timewasters! Simply if you don't like the charges then u don't go, just like the rest of us have a choice

"'There's a great social scene in here, lots of people looking for a good time and some sexy fun, sound good? Oh you're a single male? You'll have to pay considerably more than them - why? Because you're surplus to requirement.'

All clubs charge more for single guys bcoz this then filters out the timewasters! Simply if you don't like the charges then u don't go, just like the rest of us have a choice "

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

All that maybe true but still no one is forcing them.

Not forcing...it's more of a venomous, cynical baiting."

Why would you worry?

You've openly admitted on your thread about loving socials that you have absolutely no interest in clubs, parties or socials - other than one to ones with women, and that parties and group socials aren't something you feel comfortable with.

There's a whole bunch of single guys who love clubs. There's a whole bunch of clubs that charge guys little more than anyone else. There's a whole bunch of clubs that hold free nights for anyone.

Back on the OP's subject - I've not seen anything for a few months since the story was back in the local papers. I doubt the club will openly advertise any closure on the website as there'll be the potential for appeals etc and they'll still want attendees in the meantime.

A

I've been going for years now, would be a very sad day indeed.

As for price, as others say if you don't like it don't go. We have to pay £50 as a couple so we limit our attendance.

"

Back on the OP's subject - I've not seen anything for a few months since the story was back in the local papers. I doubt the club will openly advertise any closure on the website as there'll be the potential for appeals etc and they'll still want attendees in the meantime.

A"

True but a bit cheeky offering lifetime memberships if they knew they were closing

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"'There's a great social scene in here, lots of people looking for a good time and some sexy fun, sound good? Oh you're a single male? You'll have to pay considerably more than them - why? Because you're surplus to requirement.'

All clubs charge more for single guys bcoz this then filters out the timewasters! Simply if you don't like the charges then u don't go, just like the rest of us have a choice "

Because, as we all know, only single guys are time wasters???

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"

A

True but a bit cheeky offering lifetime memberships if they knew they were closing"

I did ask about that recently although I wasn't aware of any dates for closing,and I was told that the lifetime memberships would be transferable, as they hope to find a different venue if necessary, the lifetime membership would still be accepted there too.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Yes think single guys who complain should go find there own girlfriend s wine dine them then see if they get any fun leave the clubs to couples

Wembley

"Yes think single guys who complain should go find there own girlfriend s wine dine them then see if they get any fun leave the clubs to couples "

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Wokingish

I'm fairly local and read in the press about planners turning down retrospective planning applications because of the green belt location and complaints from neighbours. I mean - I couldn't live next door to such a venue either!

They may be lodging an appeal?

"I'm fairly local and read in the press about planners turning down retrospective planning applications because of the green belt location and complaints from neighbours. I mean - I couldn't live next door to such a venue either!

They may be lodging an appeal? "

What complaints the official legal papers available on the spelthorne council website says there has been no complaints or issues from neighbours. Also there are no neighbours apart from roughly 100/200 yards away

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

"Yes think single guys who complain should go find there own girlfriend s wine dine them then see if they get any fun leave the clubs to couples

"

Yes this ^^^^. If you don't like it, don't go simples!! There are plenty who do like it and Pay so bug out and make room for them or for more couples!!

Like someone else said it appears you don't like clubs etc, so why exactly, are you on this thread slagging of Kestrels/Abfabs???

As for the closure, as far as I was aware they are appealing to the high court, which is the last stop I believe. We were also told it's more to do with planning (permanent structures - huts opposite stables) change of use of said stables and the car park is supposed to be lawn.... It was definitely not down to complaints!

But there are soooooo many rumours flying about who knows

Xx

If this is correct it will be a shame.

Its a great place.

We have been going for years now, It would be a very sad day indeed.

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"I'm fairly local and read in the press about planners turning down retrospective planning applications because of the green belt location and complaints from neighbours. I mean - I couldn't live next door to such a venue either!

They may be lodging an appeal?

What complaints the official legal papers available on the spelthorne council website says there has been no complaints or issues from neighbours. Also there are no neighbours apart from roughly 100/200 yards away"

Given that it still pays some form of rates to the council, employees quite a few people and brings a fair bit of business into the village its a case of the council shooting itself in the foot. In this times of cutbacks I'd be interested to know how much has been spent (wasted) on this whole process which could have been better spent supporting vital services.

There doesn't seem to have been the option of a compromise which would be the sensible thing to do.

If one councillor has led this I'd be interested to see how they fare in the next local elections

You must prefer fools easily separated from their money then x"

Haha! Love it. Can't stand women that expect the guy to pay for everything.

Wembley

Haha! Love it. Can't stand women that expect the guy to pay for everything."

Love AbFabs

Not like tightfisted guys; get, job

Haha! Love it. Can't stand women that expect the guy to pay for everything."

What about the costs of being a woman getting ready to go to these places. Probably cost more than what a single male pays in the long run. Jus another way to look at it.

As for closing no that's not on the cards.

The worst that will happen is they loose the appeal and have to move it to another location, their words not mine.

Emailed them and reply basically says business as usual whilst appeal goes forward. No dates for closure.

Can't be far away from the airport compulsory purchase zone too!

» Add a new message to this topic