FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Are single males at clubs welcome?

Are single males at clubs welcome?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nnovator75 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cheshire

I am about to embark on a new adventure and start going to Swingers clubs. My wife isn't interested so I will be going on my own. Are single men made to feel welcome or are they treated as a nuisance by the other couples and single ladies?

I thought I would join the Townhouse as they appear to have good feedback and have a single male introduction night. Your thoughts people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We certainly used to like them when we were into the club scene

It's what makes the clubs the places to go

As always ring ahead wear clean smart clothes

Wash everything 3 times smell nice

Don't be pushy and ask to join in

The first couple of times it's a bit nerve wracking but generally just find another guy on his own who hopefully is known in the club

Cheshire

I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for the advice

Yes townhouse is a good example they have an induction night for single guys. This is also a vetting process to ensure that you can behave and are not to pushy. Townhouse also limits single guy numbers on Fridays and Saturdays so the club is balanced and cpls and single fems don't feel intimidated. We have been to other clubs on a weekend and they don't limit numbers and it gets very "wanky man" and I personally find it a pain in the arse having to tell guys to back away.

Cheshire

That sounds very positive, thanks. I am by no means pushy, probably more the other way and need to be encouraged to come out of my shell a bit. Thanks.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Our introduction is a 2 way process. We've done it for nearly 3 years and it works really well.

We have the opportunity to meet guys when the club is closed, walk through the club with them, chat about how it all works, how to get along, rules and how to make the most of the swinging experience. You also have a chance to see the club before there are loads of people in, ask any questions that you may find embarrassing with other people around and get a feel for what we are about.

The intro last an hour; it's free and we offer you a drink. If, after the hour you feel that it's not for you, you walk away, no questions asked. If you like us, then we invite you to stay for the rest of the evening at the normal entry charge of £20.

At the end of the night, if you like us and we like you, we offer you a free membership.

The whole 'vetting' thing is not about looks, the size of your cock or your ability to charm the ladies. It's about knowing that you are not guaranteed a play just because you pay your money, it's about respecting yourself, the other members and the club and it's about adhering to the simple rules of the club. It's not rocket science, but actually there are a small number of guys out there who just don't 'get it' and this is our way of ling them out!

What we are left with, is a cracking single male membership who know how to behave and are an asset to our club.

We look after our guys as we know you have had to jump through some hoops to get your membership and in return, we have many events that are very reasonably priced and we limit numbers are certain nights so you are in demand.

Hope this helps to clarify and put your mind at ease

Vicky

xxxxx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Our introduction is a 2 way process. We've done it for nearly 3 years and it works really well.

We have the opportunity to meet guys when the club is closed, walk through the club with them, chat about how it all works, how to get along, rules and how to make the most of the swinging experience. You also have a chance to see the club before there are loads of people in, ask any questions that you may find embarrassing with other people around and get a feel for what we are about.

The intro last an hour; it's free and we offer you a drink. If, after the hour you feel that it's not for you, you walk away, no questions asked. If you like us, then we invite you to stay for the rest of the evening at the normal entry charge of £20.

At the end of the night, if you like us and we like you, we offer you a free membership.

The whole 'vetting' thing is not about looks, the size of your cock or your ability to charm the ladies. It's about knowing that you are not guaranteed a play just because you pay your money, it's about respecting yourself, the other members and the club and it's about adhering to the simple rules of the club. It's not rocket science, but actually there are a small number of guys out there who just don't 'get it' and this is our way of ling them out!

What we are left with, is a cracking single male membership who know how to behave and are an asset to our club.

We look after our guys as we know you have had to jump through some hoops to get your membership and in return, we have many events that are very reasonably priced and we limit numbers are certain nights so you are in demand.

Hope this helps to clarify and put your mind at ease

Vicky

xxxxx"

*on certain nights*

Cheshire

Thanks Vicky, it sounds like you make people very welcome. I am working away this week but hoping to come along the Wednesday after to meet you and see what it is all about. Look forward to meeting you then.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Thanks Vicky, it sounds like you make people very welcome. I am working away this week but hoping to come along the Wednesday after to meet you and see what it is all about. Look forward to meeting you then. "

No worries at all, just give us a ring when you are looking to come along to book in xx

Cheshire

Will do.

Thanks x

Pretend your going to pub alone no difference except possibility of sex but as with pub scene no guarantees just be yourself dont try too hard.

When me and fb go to a club I do not allow play with those that follow you around like a lost dog smacks of desperation to us.

More chance of play if just chill out thats how we work anyway.

Cheshire

Thanks, you are right, I am going for a fun evening, I am not desperate and certainly don't want to go upsetting other people.

TH is a great club for single guys, to start off in.

Cheshire

Great, thanks looking forward to it

Also a Fab social coming up next month

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

" (trimmed):

It's not rocket science, but actually there are a small number of guys out there who just don't 'get it' and this is our way of ling them out!"

Thanks for that explanation of your process - we're wondering out of interest how many of the men decide not to stay, and of those who do, how many you reject? ( Guessing they don't take the club rejection well, if you've already caught the vibes that they wouldn't take the 'no' in person later well either! )

We're hoping to make our way to Townhouse sometime soon, so it's great to hear how you organise things.

Our experience in clubs is that the vast majority of single guys on evenings they're allowed in are really nice and respectful, a small number (perhaps 10%) are a bit too pushy, and a minority (1%?) try to join in uninvited and so get a sharp warning (or ejection!)

Birkenhead/Liverpool

" (trimmed):

It's not rocket science, but actually there are a small number of guys out there who just don't 'get it' and this is our way of ling them out!

Thanks for that explanation of your process - we're wondering out of interest how many of the men decide not to stay, and of those who do, how many you reject? ( Guessing they don't take the club rejection well, if you've already caught the vibes that they wouldn't take the 'no' in person later well either! )

We're hoping to make our way to Townhouse sometime soon, so it's great to hear how you organise things.

Our experience in clubs is that the vast majority of single guys on evenings they're allowed in are really nice and respectful, a small number (perhaps 10%) are a bit too pushy, and a minority (1%?) try to join in uninvited and so get a sharp warning (or ejection!) "

To be very honest with you, the process starts with the initial contact by phone or email. Ii can usually tell over the phone if the guy has the right attitude. If he wants to be spoon fed information rather than look at our very informative website, then my alarm bells are ringing; if he doesn't want to make an effort now, how will he be in the club. So I probe further and ask leading questions. Usually be this point, I am thinking do I let him come to the intro or not. So the guys that we get on the intro night have already impressed us somewhat. Emails or messages on here are easier as the profiles tell me a lot and how they word their enquiry. The cock shot PMs, with 'Wanna Join' and nothing else get ignored.

Our process is explained clearly on the website and over the phone. If the guys turn up without their ID or looking like a scruff, they get turned away at the door.

Those that have got their ID, turn up looking presentable and on time, have made an effort; that's all we ask for at this stage and it goes a long way.

Out of those who come for the intro, I think only 3 guys have ever said that they don't want to stay. One of those knew another guy on the intro and bottled it, the other 2 were so nervous, we thought they were going to hyperventilate and they weren't up to staying.

Out of those who decide to stay on, I would say only 5% don't get a membership. They have already been through a vetting process from their first contact, we've met them, talked to them in depth....we have been doing this a long time now, so we are a good judge of character, so there are not many that make it to the end of the night and don't get a free membership.

Those that don't get a membership have usually broken a fundamental rule; so maybe no inappropriate touching, no means no etc...On their intro, they get one chance and our members are shit hot at telling us what's going on. So they are told to get dressed and leave. There is no excuse for misbehaving on this night or any other as we have talked to them in depth about how to behave and they need to prove to us that they 'get it'. If they don't, they are asked to leave.

The guys have no right to be pissed off at us if they don't get a membership. The rules of our club are simple and if they break them, they only have themselves to blame.

This is a lot more work for us, but actually in the long run, it works out better as our ladies and couples appreciate that the guys have had to jump through some hoops to get a membership and they are really nice guys who will add to a night rather than hinder a night.

We started doing this after our own experiences elsewhere stopped us going to certain clubs and I wasn't going to let Townhouse go down the same route.

Hope this helps and hopefully we will see you soon!!

Vic xxx

Jeez glad I'm not a single guy

Not the fucking single guy that was trying to tell me what to do last night when, trying to get my grove on!!!! He kept pushing me in the back the nob and saying weird shit, put me right off and I'm a single guy

A shag is not guaranteed in any club and there might be a high fee to get in. Good luck.

to the OP - yes single guys are welcome at most, if not all clubs, and Townhouse in my experience, is the best that understands the dynamic of single guys, rather than just seeing them as cash cows.

In my opinion, some clubs make single guys feel exploited (charging them over the odds, membership fees, not setting a limit on numbers) and therefore some then feel 'entitled' to sex. This creates an uncomfortable dynamic with some women and couples.

You asked a pretty simple question, but there are complicated factors in the answers. But you've had some good responses and I hope you enjoy your 1st club trip, wherever it may be.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Not the fucking single guy that was trying to tell me what to do last night when, trying to get my grove on!!!! He kept pushing me in the back the nob and saying weird shit, put me right off and I'm a single guy"

You weren't at Townhouse last night...I just want to clarify for those who may misread your response

"I am about to embark on a new adventure and start going to Swingers clubs. My wife isn't interested so I will be going on my own. Are single men made to feel welcome or are they treated as a nuisance by the other couples and single ladies?

I thought I would join the Townhouse as they appear to have good feedback and have a single male introduction night. Your thoughts people?"

From what I've heard some clubs can be funny about it, some clubs don't allow single men for events, though regular nights are OK, and some clubs don't allow single men at all. However, I have only ever visited the Attic in Derby and staff are always welcoming unless there's a complaint or you break the rules

I went to a club last night and asked how many single guys they let in. The answer was

'All of them, that's a stupid question'. I felt the place was overrun with them and they were hanging round like lost puppies. Luckily we were with other couples and we watched out for each other, but one of the women had to repeatedly tell a guy to back off. Won't be going there again.

The club I go to allows single males in, they vet you before hand and make sure your going to respect their venue.

The people I have met there so far have all left me nice compliments

Being on my own at first was daunting, but now I feel like I am one of their friends.

Don't go with the expectation of play, treat it like a night down the pub

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"The club I go to allows single males in, they vet you before hand and make sure your going to respect their venue.

The people I have met there so far have all left me nice compliments

Being on my own at first was daunting, but now I feel like I am one of their friends.

Don't go with the expectation of play, treat it like a night down the pub "

If im ever up that part of the country I will be sure to drop in and say hello

By *uperock99Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I only ever go to clubs with a fb of mine as a couple, in my experience a lot of single guys (not all) are very pushy, they follow you around and stand far too close for comfort with the assumption that your woman wants it, they never say a word when we are playing and try and sneak up on her, we never give them any indication for them to join in.

Once a bloke tried to stick his cock in her mouth whilst I was shagging her thinking I wasn't looking, soon told him to f off and another time a guy tried to grab her bum from behind and stick his cock in her whilst she was bent over giving me a blowjob, caught him just in time before he did, said what you doing and he soon shot off.

I can't believe the behaviour of some of these guys, they think they have a right without asking or assumption that they can just join in.

"Not the fucking single guy that was trying to tell me what to do last night when, trying to get my grove on!!!! He kept pushing me in the back the nob and saying weird shit, put me right off and I'm a single guy

You weren't at Townhouse last night...I just want to clarify for those who may misread your response"

No I wasn't at townhouse last night, but this doesn't have anything to do with the club, just an old idiot

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Not the fucking single guy that was trying to tell me what to do last night when, trying to get my grove on!!!! He kept pushing me in the back the nob and saying weird shit, put me right off and I'm a single guy

You weren't at Townhouse last night...I just want to clarify for those who may misread your response

No I wasn't at townhouse last night, but this doesn't have anything to do with the club, just an old idiot"

lol...the local village idiot?! pmsl Sorry you had that experience; it can ruin a night! xx

By *apillonNoirWoman  over a year ago

There...

A few words of advice - NEVER touch without asking. The single guy who violated that rule in a club (not The Townhouse) recently left limping as I ground my stiletto into his bare foot. I asked him nicely to leave me alone. He failed to remove his hand. I asked him nicely (through gritted teeth admittedly) a second time. He left his hand where it was whilst smirking. Well, I don't ask a third time... It was an isolated incident and not something that's ever happened to me before. My second piece of advice - don't join the line of men following a couple or single female around a club! Talk at the bar. Chat to us. We're human too. Even just saying hello and giving your name is sufficient to break the ice. Good luck. Have a great time

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

We think they are welcome, in fact we prefer the atmosphere when it is not just couples. The proviso is that the guys look good, smell good, have made an effort and at least try to say hello to start with!

Please don't go round as a herd, come and say hello - you never know we might bite

I have a feeling I come across as creepy when I'm waiting for an opportunity to introduce myself, I don't like interrupting conversations because it's rude, but at the same time, I don't like to creep people out, if there's no break in the conversation, I move on. I see people playing, I assume they're just into each other and (usually) ask if it's OK to watch or play, the usually is for asking to watch, last night in the cinema at the Attic, there was a lot of play going on, and I felt uncomfortable leaving, or asking to join in, and seeing as how people were already watching, I thought I'd just enjoy watching

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"I have a feeling I come across as creepy when I'm waiting for an opportunity to introduce myself, I don't like interrupting conversations because it's rude, but at the same time, I don't like to creep people out, if there's no break in the conversation, I move on. I see people playing, I assume they're just into each other and (usually) ask if it's OK to watch or play, the usually is for asking to watch, last night in the cinema at the Attic, there was a lot of play going on, and I felt uncomfortable leaving, or asking to join in, and seeing as how people were already watching, I thought I'd just enjoy watching"

Try wandering round first, just saying hello and have no aim to play straight away. For us the first few words (hello is good enough!) let us know whether we might be interested and then later you have a much better chance of catching our eye! This works for us, but of course others are the complete opposite

We do find that once we have got into a long drawn out conversation with someone, the chances diminish by the paragraph!! Good luck

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

One other piece of advice, if you are told 'no' however they tell you - don't then proceed to call the female a bitch!! If I could have got the 'locked' door open quick enough (he ran away) he would have known this bitch can punch!! Some single guys give the rest a really bad name!

We are lucky enough to know a few single men who are fantastic and so know this isn't how they 'all' behave

Enjoy and follow a few smoke rules and you'll have a blast

" (trimmed):

It's not rocket science, but actually there are a small number of guys out there who just don't 'get it' and this is our way of ling them out!

Our experience in clubs is that the vast majority of single guys on evenings they're allowed in are really nice and respectful, a small number (perhaps 10%) are a bit too pushy, and a minority (1%?) try to join in uninvited and so get a sharp warning (or ejection!)

To be very honest with you, the process starts with the initial contact by phone or email. Ii can usually tell over the phone if the guy has the right attitude. If he wants to be spoon fed information rather than look at our very informative website, then my alarm bells are ringing; if he doesn't want to make an effort now, how will he be in the club. So I probe further and ask leading questions. Usually be this point, I am thinking do I let him come to the intro or not. So the guys that we get on the intro night have already impressed us somewhat. Emails or messages on here are easier as the profiles tell me a lot and how they word their enquiry. The cock shot PMs, with 'Wanna Join' and nothing else get ignored.

Our process is explained clearly on the website and over the phone. If the guys turn up without their ID or looking like a scruff, they get turned away at the door.

Those that have got their ID, turn up looking presentable and on time, have made an effort; that's all we ask for at this stage and it goes a long way.

Out of those who come for the intro, I think only 3 guys have ever said that they don't want to stay. One of those knew another guy on the intro and bottled it, the other 2 were so nervous, we thought they were going to hyperventilate and they weren't up to staying.

Out of those who decide to stay on, I would say only 5% don't get a membership. They have already been through a vetting process from their first contact, we've met them, talked to them in depth....we have been doing this a long time now, so we are a good judge of character, so there are not many that make it to the end of the night and don't get a free membership.

Those that don't get a membership have usually broken a fundamental rule; so maybe no inappropriate touching, no means no etc...On their intro, they get one chance and our members are shit hot at telling us what's going on. So they are told to get dressed and leave. There is no excuse for misbehaving on this night or any other as we have talked to them in depth about how to behave and they need to prove to us that they 'get it'. If they don't, they are asked to leave.

The guys have no right to be pissed off at us if they don't get a membership. The rules of our club are simple and if they break them, they only have themselves to blame.

This is a lot more work for us, but actually in the long run, it works out better as our ladies and couples appreciate that the guys have had to jump through some hoops to get a membership and they are really nice guys who will add to a night rather than hinder a night.

We started doing this after our own experiences elsewhere stopped us going to certain clubs and I wasn't going to let Townhouse go down the same route.

Hope this helps and hopefully we will see you soon!!

Vic xxx"

You have got us very interested! Just looked at your website, looks like our type of place, Shame how far away you are, think we will have to plan a dirty weekend away to see you soon! do we need to prebook/fill in a form ect first? X

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

"One other piece of advice, if you are told 'no' however they tell you - don't then proceed to call the female a bitch!! If I could have got the 'locked' door open quick enough (he ran away) he would have known this bitch can punch!! Some single guys give the rest a really bad name!

We are lucky enough to know a few single men who are fantastic and so know this isn't how they 'all' behave

Enjoy and follow a few SIMPLE rules and you'll have a blast

"

Damn iPhone autocorrect strikes again

Ignore me townhouse. Just read through your site more carefully and found the answer

Of course single males are welcome at clubs - they pay the most money!

By *o_added_sugarWoman  over a year ago

A club not so many miles away

As a single girl I only really go to the clubs that do not restrict the number of single men, as predominantly it's them that I am going for. So from my point of view and allot of my fem friends; if single guys did not go it wouldn't be worth us going either. So yes single guys are very welcome and more the merrier.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Ignore me townhouse. Just read through your site more carefully and found the answer "

Cheshire

Thank you all so much for the advice and a lot of discussion. It all sounds very positive as I am not the kind of guy to hound people and am quite excited just to meet people with similar interests. I will be phoning you next week Vicky as I have definitely decided that the Town House is my best place to start!

"A shag is not guaranteed in any club and there might be a high fee to get in. Good luck."

Try telling that to a pillock in a club i went too with fb he like others were told no touching etc all bar one respected this even though he was told he thought i was not looking he was about to try fucking her you can imagine what i said i quote what he said why bring her if she aint here to be fucked as us single men pay a lot of money.

By *o_added_sugarWoman  over a year ago

A club not so many miles away

"A shag is not guaranteed in any club and there might be a high fee to get in. Good luck.

Try telling that to a pillock in a club i went too with fb he like others were told no touching etc all bar one respected this even though he was told he thought i was not looking he was about to try fucking her you can imagine what i said i quote what he said why bring her if she aint here to be fucked as us single men pay a lot of money.

"

There are always going to be the odd minority that spoil it for others. Just because that particular 'pillock' acted in that way, it by no means is an indication that all single men have that same attitude. I am a regular club goer and have seen my fair share of disrespectful people in the club's but the respectful guys definitely out weigh the pillocks. I personally have had only one incident in three years that someone has stepped over the line.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

"Pretend your going to pub alone no difference except possibility of sex but as with pub scene no guarantees just be yourself dont try too hard.

When me and fb go to a club I do not allow play with those that follow you around like a lost dog smacks of desperation to us.

More chance of play if just chill out thats how we work anyway."

Exactly this.

I normally socialise around the bar area and occasionally have a wander round to see if there is anything interesting to watch. But if there are lots of guys lurking in the corridors I remove myself back to the bar.

Just be yourself and socialise, it's all about making new friends. Above all else, relax and enjoy

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

Single guys welcome at Atlantis Evolution on Friday nights, £30 entry fee and ID required on your first visit.

Tour of the club and introductions to regulars to help you settle in.

"Thank you all so much for the advice and a lot of discussion. It all sounds very positive as I am not the kind of guy to hound people and am quite excited just to meet people with similar interests. I will be phoning you next week Vicky as I have definitely decided that the Town House is my best place to start! "

Good decision, we've been attending the Townhouse for three years now and the place is second to none in our opinion.

I can usually be found there on a Wednesday night so feel free to say hi. The club is friendly and the staff always make an effort to make sure every one feels welcome.

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

I work in Amour on a Saturday night and we regulate the number of single guys depending on how many females and couples are in. It's all about ratio and keeping everyone happy x

Single guys are very welcome at Amour and we run a social on Sunday afternoon where you can come and have a look around and a coffee and decide if it is the club for you x

"he said why bring her if she aint here to be fucked as us single men pay a lot of money.

"

And this is why I believe that every single individual should be charged the same.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

shouldn't that be "we" and not "I"....

the one thing I hate more than the single guy antics mentioned is when "single guy" comes with someone and thinks they are king bee and lords it over people.... turns into "prize knob" wandering around with his "golden tickets to couples".......

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

"

Single guys are very welcome at Amour and we run a social on Sunday afternoon where you can come and have a look around and a coffee and decide if it is the club for you x"

Aren't Sunday afternoons couples only at the moment?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

There are always going to be the odd minority that spoil it for others. Just because that particular 'pillock' acted in that way, it by no means is an indication that all single men have that same attitude. I am a regular club goer and have seen my fair share of disrespectful people in the club's but the respectful guys definitely out weigh the pillocks. I personally have had only one incident in three years that someone has stepped over the line. "

I have seen a few.... actually, probably as many by couples as I have singles....

an arse is an arse regardless.....

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

"

Single guys are very welcome at Amour and we run a social on Sunday afternoon where you can come and have a look around and a coffee and decide if it is the club for you x

Aren't Sunday afternoons couples only at the moment?"

No hunni, it's social between 1-7 then it's open to all in the evening x

By *siaessexCouple  over a year ago

essex

single men are welcome at clubs where we go. sometimes we just go to meet singles.

Cheshire

[Removed by poster at 27/07/15 21:05:19]

Cheshire

"Thank you all so much for the advice and a lot of discussion. It all sounds very positive as I am not the kind of guy to hound people and am quite excited just to meet people with similar interests. I will be phoning you next week Vicky as I have definitely decided that the Town House is my best place to start!

Good decision, we've been attending the Townhouse for three years now and the place is second to none in our opinion.

I can usually be found there on a Wednesday night so feel free to say hi. The club is friendly and the staff always make an effort to make sure every one feels welcome. "

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for you next week to say hello x

"I am about to embark on a new adventure and start going to Swingers clubs. My wife isn't interested so I will be going on my own. Are single men made to feel welcome or are they treated as a nuisance by the other couples and single ladies?

I thought I would join the Townhouse as they appear to have good feedback and have a single male introduction night. Your thoughts people?"

I make it my personal mission to welcome each and every single member that catches my eye!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I make it my personal mission to welcome each and every single member that catches my eye! "

i have "maneater" by nelly furtado running around my head now.....

» Add a new message to this topic