FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > La chambre

La chambre

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hey everyone, don't post much but my Mrs has jut said today she would like to try a swinging club just to see what the atmosphere is like and I read a lot of reviews on it but from what I can tell it's very unclean, used condoms everywhere, bad smells and stuff, and the odd guy that can't take no for an answer, from what I can see the only positive reviews are from staff members and people who are friends with management/staff

So my question is to un-biased couples/single females, what is it really like in there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *o_added_sugarWoman  over a year ago

A club not so many miles away

"hey everyone, don't post much but my Mrs has jut said today she would like to try a swinging club just to see what the atmosphere is like and I read a lot of reviews on it but from what I can tell it's very unclean, used condoms everywhere, bad smells and stuff, and the odd guy that can't take no for an answer, from what I can see the only positive reviews are from staff members and people who are friends with management/staff

So my question is to un-biased couples/single females, what is it really like in there?"

Like every club, you'll never get two nights the same. People are disgusting, I've seen used condoms in nearly every club I've visited. It's not just LC. I can honestly say I've never had a problem at this club. Yes there can be some guys that follow you about but once you've told them where to sling it, they are respectful. I cannot comment on the smells, not noticed any myself when I have been there. And hand on heart the regulars have always welcomed me and invited me into their conversations. It is by far one of the nicer clubs for atmosphere I have been to.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We would completely agree with this, we've been to many clubs now and still rank LC as our favourite. Yes there are some inconsiderate people who don't clean up, but the staff do try to keep on top of things. The social area is large and relaxed with a decent bar and good seating. The play rooms are better than most, with large custom made furniture rather than normal double beds.

As for people who can't take no for an answer, we've never had an issue. Ultimately though that would be more about the individual rather than the club. If anyone needs telling twice, just be firm and loud (so others will look) or tell the staff & they'll intervene.

We are certainly happy to recommend LC to anyone.

Cal & Anita

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

granted I've not been in over a year as I was pregnant but none of what your describing as never been experienced by myself always found it a lovely club

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it's a great club and I've never had any issues there that I haven't had at any other club.

x A x

By *hatterfabWoman  over a year ago

Wakefield

My review:- I went with a male friend a few Fridays ago he said it was a good club.

He changed his mind after our visit and has apologised for taking me.

The venue is fine, well set out and plenty of play areas.

The regular couple clientèle seem to stand in groups either blocking the side of the dance floor and way to the dungeon or upstairs where the playrooms are, talking and joking at the top of their voices despite signs on the walls asking for quiet in that area I didn't see any of them play but the noise certainly put us off playing in any of the rooms. One dark room smelt foul We felt sick it was so bad someone had to get air freshener to spray everywhere. We checked out the basement only to find the stench of body odour down there too and the bodies it belonged to! Gross!

The club seems to let anyone in there was a group of d*unk males who had come in together who seemed to find it funny to be pointing out "the fat birds" "that old bag behind the bar" and who they were "going to have" whilst changing in the locker room. A club can't discriminate against age or looks but surely it can have standards that it can impose, we saw a very old scruffy tramp guy come in with his stuff in a filthy carrier bag followed by a few men in track suits and hoodies. Some of those whose first language was not English were making derogatory remarks about the women (my friend is fluent in Urdu, Arabic, Hindi and Somali) all the time smiling and acting nonchalant. I think the worst thing was hearing the male guide who was showing a single guy round saying “Oh yes if you see a lass playing you can join in, but make sure a feller gives you the nod if it’s a couple” God help any female visitor if the guys are given those instructions! We didn’t see any security staff either on the door or checking upstairs, just the guide who seemed to double as a cellar man.

It seems to be a question of money in the till being the sole purpose of this club now, my friend said at one time there was proper SIA security on the door, someone sitting at the top of the stairs making sure rules were adhered to, someone who showed people round and explained the rules properly and that men has to dress smartly to get in. We certainly wouldn’t visit again which is a shame as the place has a lot of good rooms and by the sound of it was once a thriving business that’s now having to resort to the “let anyone in so we fill the till” method unfortunately it may work against them.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I've.never been on anything but a couples night.

So I can't give a view on Fridays etc.

When we have been it's been good fun.

Yes we have seen couples and groups talking next to the dance floor but this tends to happen when all the chairs are full. I also wonder how first timers know they are regulars?

It's not like everyone wears badges. I've heard of a few issues to do with membership and that does need sorting. An email or something to confirm your membership starting and ending dates would suffice as we have had nothing on paper for a few years. So if they turned around and said it had expired we'd have no receipt.

As for condoms on the floor never seen that at any time, nor any smell.

The guide I've always been found to be pleasant and has always pushed the no means no. So unless he changes this for single men???? Seems doubtful.

Like I say there have been issues over membership so some of the slagging off could be due to that. Next time our membership is up we will be wanting something to confirm we've paid.

But ourselves we've always had fun . But it is restricted to couples nights for us.

Shame your not bi.

In your bed

Having read through the avoid posts we see one from a couple we have played with and respect their views.

Maybe nights with single men are different.

By *andS33Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Everyone has different opinions of different clubs, La Chambre isn't perfect but we also haven't been to any other that is either. If you go on a saturday you don't have to be concerned about single men.

The only way you will ever know is to go and try it and make your own opinions and then try it again lol because no two nights are ever the same

By *o_added_sugarWoman  over a year ago

A club not so many miles away

"Everyone has different opinions of different clubs, La Chambre isn't perfect but we also haven't been to any other that is either. If you go on a saturday you don't have to be concerned about single men.

The only way you will ever know is to go and try it and make your own opinions and then try it again lol because no two nights are ever the same "

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys

Mr

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

We go to LC regularly - mainly on Fridays (because I like to play with single men) but sometimes on Saturdays and Sundays. We always have a good time and find both staff and clientele friendly and fun. We find many of the very negative reviews quite dishonest as they refer to seemingly imaginary events on evenings we have attended. While it is true that the place is getting a little tired around the edges it is still worth a visit.

You can't folt the staff but the place is now desperately in need of a refurb the dungeon stinks . As for single men they seem to think any woman is fair game and some can get very agresive . This is one resone we no longer go to lc even on couple nights single guys get in its a shame the place was once a good spot to go

Yorkshire

"You can't folt the staff but the place is now desperately in need of a refurb the dungeon stinks . As for single men they seem to think any woman is fair game and some can get very agresive . This is one resone we no longer go to lc even on couple nights single guys get in its a shame the place was once a good spot to go"

Single guys don't get in saturdays, it's couples and single ladies only.

By *ohnkezCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

We have been members for around 18 months and attend on a regular basis.

We go Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Never had a problem with single guys. I (Kez) don't play with single guys and have always found them respectful when I mention that they are not what we are there for.

Have not ever seen anyone wearing a hoodie lol.

The dungeon does smell a little fusty at times, due to it being in the cellar.

Bodies also emit natural odour - it is a sex club.

We all have different tastes.

The only way to find out if you like it yourself is to go and try it.

leeds

"We have been members for around 18 months and attend on a regular basis.

We go Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Never had a problem with single guys. I (Kez) don't play with single guys and have always found them respectful when I mention that they are not what we are there for.

Have not ever seen anyone wearing a hoodie lol.

The dungeon does smell a little fusty at times, due to it being in the cellar.

Bodies also emit natural odour - it is a sex club.

We all have different tastes.

The only way to find out if you like it yourself is to go and try it.

"

Wakefield

....... and as if by magic a favorable review appears .....

If you read them all back every time someone says something against this (and other) clubs you get a band of their cronies bigging it up, why can't clubs just address the items raised in reviews instead of trying to whitewash every time

chesterfield

"....... and as if by magic a favorable review appears .....

If you read them all back every time someone says something against this (and other) clubs you get a band of their cronies bigging it up, why can't clubs just address the items raised in reviews instead of trying to whitewash every time "

It is not at all "white washed". I don't know you and you don't know me. We are all entitled to our own opinion - and mine was to go and make your own mind up. I read your post and had a little flash back - you said almost exactly the same about the club a long time ago in the "club reviews" section on here.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

If you read them all back every time someone says something against this (and other) clubs you get a band of their cronies bigging it up, why can't clubs just address the items raised in reviews instead of trying to whitewash every time "

Well I don't consider myself one of the clubs cronies (I don't go often enough to be) but I've never had a bad experience there.

There was a very keen observation noted by another poster too, when you have sex it's creates sweat therefore body odour, lots of people having sex for a length of time will create a natural odour can't be helped the staff can't exactly give each room a full clean down after every session, a quick freshen up of the room is all time allows during a club night, same as a cellar smelly musty can't be helped much either, that should be an obvious and logical observation.

chesterfield

If you read them all back every time someone says something against this (and other) clubs you get a band of their cronies bigging it up, why can't clubs just address the items raised in reviews instead of trying to whitewash every time

Well I don't consider myself one of the clubs cronies (I don't go often enough to be) but I've never had a bad experience there.

There was a very keen observation noted by another poster too, when you have sex it's creates sweat therefore body odour, lots of people having sex for a length of time will create a natural odour can't be helped the staff can't exactly give each room a full clean down after every session, a quick freshen up of the room is all time allows during a club night, same as a cellar smelly musty can't be helped much either, that should be an obvious and logical observation.

"

And .... if you tell the staff ... they are on it xx

In your bed

We are not cronies and have always had fun.

But we have also spoken to people in other clubs who used to go and had issues with dates of membership. That should be fixed and is within the owners gift.

The thing with single guys we can't comment on directly as we stick to couples only. But we have no reason to doubt that bad experiences happen. Never seen a single guy on a couples night but some couples do play alone.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is not at all "white washed". I don't know you and you don't know me. We are all entitled to our own opinion - and mine was to go and make your own mind up. I read your post and had a little flash back - you said almost exactly the same about the club a long time ago in the "club reviews" section on here. "

Lol

I thought that too... (Cue spooky music)

Seriously though...

You can't please all the people all the time and there will be different views.

We have only attended LC twice on a Friday, both were good party nights. Yes we got followed around a bit by single men, but they weren't pushy and I actually found it rather amusing.

With the membership thing... Just ring and ask when it's due, then set a reminder in your phone and ask for proof when you pay. Sorted

Anita x

chesterfield

[Removed by poster at 12/08/15 18:05:54]

Wakefield

I came once with a male friend who had been many times, I gave an honest review of my experiences a copy of which is on this forum post. Having given that honest review it was followed by numerous reviews from people who my male partner knew to be either members of staff or people who were "in" with staff/owners.

I find it sad that a club cannot accept an honest review and has to draw on it's members to stand up for it instead of taking views on board with a view to improving itself.

I said in my review that the facilities were good, my main concern was the "guide" not giving proper guidelines for behaviour.

The OP asks for opinions and I gave mine.

I must have touched a nerve to have received so many not very pleasant messages from the clubs members. I have also had messages agreeing with my review from people who preferred to stay anonymous from the forum.

It is all about opinion and that is mine, sorry if this has ruffled peoples feathers but maybe they should look at all the avoid reviews and take on board what has been said instead of coming across as a united we stand band of protective knights. It does a club more harm than good when the faithful jump to it's defense merely because of an honest opinion given on a web site.

Wakefield

"Well well.... as far as I was aware memberships were available until they ran out, could this be their way of saying they don't want anyone at the club who dares to speak the truth??????

I haven't been on site long enough to reply in the forum so here will have to do.

The couple writing the latest review are completely unaffiliated with the club, the owners and staff. I would know, I checked their ID and signed them up.

Could you also please PM me your membership number or contact the club somehow so we can ensure your membership does not get renewed as you wont be returning?

Thanks

Sarah (Friday night barmaid)

Actually Chatterfab I was being helpful and advising you that your comments about the latest reviewers were incorrect. Also thank you for posting the content of a private message, that is against forum rules on this site"

I was unaware of this and for that I apologise, however you did say you were unable to post it on the forums and would have done so had you been able.

The assumption in Chatterfab's post here is that the latest reviewers are cronies of the club. As I hadn't been a fab member for sufficient time to use the forums so I responded in a private message pointing out the assumption was incorrect and that I could vouch for that.

I also tried to help ensure that there wouldn't be any erroneous membership updates for her as she has indicated she wont be returning and no doubt does not wish to receive such information.

Next time I wont try to be helpful

Wakefield

I was not referring to that reviewer individually merely that if you observe the reviews for the club (and many other clubs) whenever there is an adverse review there are a band of members who leap to their defense. Knocking peoples personal views isn't really doing the clubs any favours. My use of the term cronies may have been a little tactless it was meant to encompass people who were involved in the club who maybe think they are more important to that club than they really are and are keen to show their support but only end up making it look dodgy!

As I messaged the OP, there's only one couple who are staff and actively swinging (I'm currently dipping a toe) and they use the club as paying customers on their nights off. They have every right to review and leave their opinions too.

Plus the actions of other members to counter review is not unique to La Chambre and is never prompted by staff or the owners.

Wakefield

"Plus the actions of other members to counter review is not unique to La Chambre "

Which is exactly what I said

By *ot40sCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 12/08/15 19:00:43]

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts. Can you take the personal debate to PM please rather than taking over the thread with your dispute. Thanks.

By *eanandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

We have been watching this thread and finally feel we need to speak out, and for anyone's info, yes we are associated with the club.

Firstly, issues with membership. Your membership runs from the day you joined the club and that day is your renewal day each year. So if you joined on 1st August 2015 then your next payment is due 1st August 2016. If you don't pay your membership till Sept 2016 then this means you are a month late but your payment will have to cover you from August to August not from the late month when you actually paid.

A tour guide telling someone they can play with a lass if they see her play, this just is not true, all staff are trained on tours and also can be identified with staff uniform.

Single men following you around. If you do not want single guys then you can just asked them to leave you alone, and they will. If you get someone who won't, then tell a member of staff and they will deal with it for you, or you could use one of the three private rooms upstairs or one of the two downstairs or even use the couple's only room or the invite room. There are enough rooms with different rules to accommodate almost everyone's needs, if a room does not meet your needs then tell a member of staff who will arrange something for you to the best of there ability.

Witnessing d*unken men in the changing room being disrespectful towards other members, ????, did you report this to a member of staff ??? From the sound of it, no, because if you did then on of the three members of security staff would have dealt with it. Yes that's right, three security staff, who also have other duties through out the night and do patrol the club through out the night. If you have a problem while you are in the club and don't tell the staff but decide to put it on the internet, how do you expect them to deal with it after the event. ????.

Only staff posting reviews, the last review from a member of staff was back in Feb 2015, and this was a review from us, after attending the club as customers as it was a night off.

Club not clean and condoms left in rooms. We can assure you the club has a team of cleaners who come in during the day to clean the club from top to bottom, along side of the staff who also clean the club each night. If on the night of your visit you saw a room that has used condoms in it, this will be because of a customer who has failed to clean up after themself and use the cleaning material and bins provided in each room. If you do notice a room like this, you only have to mention it to one of the staff members (with the staff T shirts on ) who will gladly clean the room with antibacterial for you.

La Chambre will not be to everyone's taste, we understand this, and we welcome all reviews good and bad, all we ask is be truefully in your post. Also please inform staff on the night if you are unhappy about something or someone, or if you have any problems.

The club has all the relevant licences for this type of business and has all the relevant inspections by the authorities along with regular maintenance.

Ever club has its lovers and haters, but the only way you will ever know about any club is to visit it. You will see many avoid reviews for any club are mainly due to people who have been in trouble with the club, probably for breaking club rules and have been asked to leave or barred and so decide to put an avoid review.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I went once a couple of years back, to an afternoon/early evening private party.

At two in the afternoon, the toilet facilities were filthy, as was most of the club. The handrail on the stairs was sticky and ingrained, the basement dungeon smelled of damp and old beer. Customers were allowed to wander anywhere they wanted, dressed in anything they turned up in. Seeing men wank in a playroom with dirty work clothes and coats on doesn't make for the best atmosphere.

The staff were friendly and the people who organised the event were lovely.

I have never returned and have no desire to do so when there are clubs available closer to where I live and FAR exceed the standard of this club.

Doncaster

You are commenting regarding a private party where the organiser hired the club, the people who attended where nothing to do with the club and where not members of the club hence , A PRIVATE PARTY. La Chamber would have provided the bar staff for this event, everything else is down to the PRIVATE PARTY ORGANISER. If you had and problem with cleaning issues did you report it to the La Chamber staff ??????

We find it very friendly , well run with witty and helpful staff , we only attend bi nights once a month having said that , some nights are busy some are not but we still have a great social in LA chambre either way !!!! , so a thumbs up from us xx

Doncaster

At the time the club was opened for the PRIVATE PARTY all toilet facility's would have been clean, this is guaranteed as we know the staff that would have been at these events a couple of years ago. If you found them in an unclean state you should have told the staff organiser. As for commenting on the people, these where invited to the event by the organiser and it is unfair to judge the club on this.

London

"You are commenting regarding a private party where the organiser hired the club, the people who attended where nothing to do with the club and where not members of the club hence , A PRIVATE PARTY. La Chamber would have provided the bar staff for this event, everything else is down to the PRIVATE PARTY ORGANISER. If you had and problem with cleaning issues did you report it to the La Chamber staff ?????? "

I'm not sure why you are so upset at what was my experience of the club, I'm only stating what I saw, smelled and experienced. As for asking the staff to clean it, I'm afraid it would have taken quite a few days to achieve an even basic standard of hygiene.

I would have thought that if hiring out the club for a private event, it would have been spotless at two in the afternoon but sadly, it wasn't and it was blatantly obvious that it hadn't been cleaned properly for many, many months. The layer of sticky on the stair rail could have been scraped off with a knife.

I attend some swinging and f e et clubs that have seen better days but they all have one thing in common; they are clean, and if I hire a club for an event, I check to see if it has been cleaned and if it hasn't, the owner does not get my money until it has. If I do point out a problem, they are only too pleased to rectify it and not attack me for finding fault in the first place.

It's La Chambre by he way.

"You are commenting regarding a private party where the organiser hired the club, the people who attended where nothing to do with the club and where not members of the club hence , A PRIVATE PARTY. La Chamber would have provided the bar staff for this event, everything else is down to the PRIVATE PARTY ORGANISER. If you had and problem with cleaning issues did you report it to the La Chamber staff ??????

I'm not sure why you are so upset at what was my experience of the club, I'm only stating what I saw, smelled and experienced. As for asking the staff to clean it, I'm afraid it would have taken quite a few days to achieve an even basic standard of hygiene.

I would have thought that if hiring out the club for a private event, it would have been spotless at two in the afternoon but sadly, it wasn't and it was blatantly obvious that it hadn't been cleaned properly for many, many months. The layer of sticky on the stair rail could have been scraped off with a knife.

I attend some swinging and f e et clubs that have seen better days but they all have one thing in common; they are clean, and if I hire a club for an event, I check to see if it has been cleaned and if it hasn't, the owner does not get my money until it has. If I do point out a problem, they are only too pleased to rectify it and not attack me for finding fault in the first place.

It's La Chambre by he way."

The staff in question on that day would have rectified the sticky handrail (likely from messy hands from the organisers buffet based on my experience of working those events) and cleaned the toilets etc.

Unfortunately too many of our visitors and members stay quiet about issues and complain after the fact, at which point there's nothing we can do.

Example, on Friday a gent approached me to say the towels to wipe up had run out in a certain room. They were replaced. Previously other people have noticed the used up consumable items, said nothing and complained at the lack of cleaning roll on fab or elsewhere.

Doncaster

"You are commenting regarding a private party where the organiser hired the club, the people who attended where nothing to do with the club and where not members of the club hence , A PRIVATE PARTY. La Chamber would have provided the bar staff for this event, everything else is down to the PRIVATE PARTY ORGANISER. If you had and problem with cleaning issues did you report it to the La Chamber staff ??????

It's La Chambre by he way."

No one is upset, but what you are saying is not true, the club was clean before opening, we know this for a fact because we also attended the same event as you say you did. It was a Tuesday afternoon and was held the last Tuesday of the month, we also know the organiser of the event and would not have asked for the doors to be open if the club was in the state you claim it be in . We are not disputing your opinion and if the club is not for you the that's ok, we do wonder why your comments regarding something that was over two years ago is relevant, you are not concidering the fact that something's may have changed over the past years. Our main point in our post is about if there is a problem, report it to staff at the time, not as in your case over two years after the event.

Yorkshire

I'm always happy to complain

chesterfield

"I'm always happy to complain "

Yeah, we noticed

London

No one is upset, but what you are saying is not true, the club was clean before opening, we know this for a fact because we also attended the same event as you say you did. It was a Tuesday afternoon and was held the last Tuesday of the month, we also know the organiser of the event and would not have asked for the doors to be open if the club was in the state you claim it be in . We are not disputing your opinion and if the club is not for you the that's ok, we do wonder why your comments regarding something that was over two years ago is relevant, you are not concidering the fact that something's may have changed over the past years. Our main point in our post is about if there is a problem, report it to staff at the time, not as in your case over two years after the event."

Well then, we will have to agree to disagree, I guess my standards of hygiene are much, much higher than most expect but I do like a clean toilet to sit on.

London

The staff in question on that day would have rectified the sticky handrail (likely from messy hands from the organisers buffet based on my experience of working those events) and cleaned the toilets etc.

Unfortunately too many of our visitors and members stay quiet about issues and complain after the fact, at which point there's nothing we can do.

Example, on Friday a gent approached me to say the towels to wipe up had run out in a certain room. They were replaced. Previously other people have noticed the used up consumable items, said nothing and complained at the lack of cleaning roll on fab or elsewhere. "

No, 'fraid not. I was there at the start of the event and the sort of sticky I'm referring to to is a layer of ingrained dirt built up over a long time. I was able to sink a thumbnail in it.

Of course it's daft to complain of consumables running out when they are readily replaced if asked for, my observations were of the basic infrastructure of the club and the lack of attention to cleanliness in the very fabric of the building.

I'll pop back at some point to see if things have improved then I can eat my words.

"

I don't agree with this, stinky people are a huge turn off. This is not to do with LC, not been in a long long time but I've had sex on numerous occasions for a lengthy amount of time and yes things may get a bit hot and sweaty but I haven't stunk afterwards and neither have the other people. There is no excuse for smell, deodorant is designed for this purpose and if you realise you are starting to smell then go and spray some more.

Doncaster

We have discussed this thread with other members of staff and it has been recalled that we once had an issue with some paint used to paint the hand rails, this did cause them to become sticky, it was as if the paint was not completely dry, May be this was around the time you visited. All the rails had to be sanded down and repainted with new paint.

But these are still things that can be sorted. People use toilets, if a handrail gets missed by mistake dust builds up and surprisingly quickly given the numbers of people using the club. A moment to tell the people working, at any club I might add, and it can be sorted.

What I'm getting at is that these temporary things can be solved. If they're solved then you leave with a very different impression than if you ignore it until you next log onto fab

Doncaster

I don't agree with this, stinky people are a huge turn off. This is not to do with LC, not been in a long long time but I've had sex on numerous occasions for a lengthy amount of time and yes things may get a bit hot and sweaty but I haven't stunk afterwards and neither have the other people. There is no excuse for smell, deodorant is designed for this purpose and if you realise you are starting to smell then go and spray some more. "

we have had people in the club who have smelled badly of sweat, if we have noticed or someone has brought it to our attention, we have had no problem in having a word with them and asked them to take a shower or leave the club,

chesterfield

"hey everyone, don't post much but my Mrs has jut said today she would like to try a swinging club just to see what the atmosphere is like and I read a lot of reviews on it but from what I can tell it's very unclean, used condoms everywhere, bad smells and stuff, and the odd guy that can't take no for an answer, from what I can see the only positive reviews are from staff members and people who are friends with management/staff

So my question is to un-biased couples/single females, what is it really like in there?"

To get back to the original post - we go because we enjoy it. It's a non pushy, relaxed club.

Have not found it to be like so many other posters have found it, but we haven't been members for too long.

We have found the atmosphere to be really good, hence why we go back.

Everyone has an opinion, you can only judge for yourself. xxx

Doncaster

So my question is to un-biased couples/single females, what is it really like in there?

To get back to the original post - we go because we enjoy it. It's a non pushy, relaxed club.

Have not found it to be like so many other posters have found it, but we haven't been members for too long.

We have found the atmosphere to be really good, hence why we go back.

Everyone has an opinion, you can only judge for yourself. xxx"

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

We used to go quite regularly a few years ago and at one time was our favourite club simply down to how friendly the clientele were. We've met some cracking couples there over the years.

We noticed the standards slipping around mid-late 2013. Ripped mattresses, a musty smell but worst of all the standard of dress code that was being allowed.

The final straw was NYE 2013. NYE parties in any club we've attended usually range from full-on blacktie to just 'dress smarter than usual'. That night there were so many guys just wearing t-shirt/jeans/scruffy trainers combo. One guy in particular was wearing white tracksuit bottoms and flip flops

There was this little angry looking guy(one of the aforementioned t-shirt/jeans/scruffy trainers brigade) that kept arguing and shouting at his partner. I went over and had a word with security that the guy was hammered and needed removing.

Nothing was done.

20 minutes later the female half of couple we had brought with us was upside down on the pole and the little angry guy reared up to jump onto the pole with her. I spotted him at the last minute and managed to block him. He got angry, again, but seeing as I was twice his size he just walked off. The male half of the couple we were with went over to security and complained seeing as the little guy could well have given his wife a very serious injury.

Nothing was done.

30 minutes later I popped out to the smoking area from the upstairs exit and heard loads of "Holy shit that was crazy!" "What's up with him?" etc from the downstairs part. Wandered down to see what was happening and the little angry guy was being removed. Finally. I have no idea what he must have done to be finally kicked out.

We haven't been back.

Doncaster

This is exactly what we mean, this story is unbelievable, nothing of the sort was reported to security on that night, I know this for a fact because I was security that night, we had no incident where we had to forcibly remove any d*unken bloke. Again we have someone telling a tail stating something happened almost two years ago, probable hoping that people will believe them because no one will question it as it was a long time ago.

Simple fact, if the club is not for you then do not go, why push your point over to everyone else, let people make up there own mind on if they like the club or not. We have spoken to so many new people who have visited the club and told us they nearly did not come because of what they had heard someone say about the place, but they where glad they did because it turned out to be nothing like what those people had told them and they have really enjoyed the night.

There is always room for improvement as in any business and we do Listen to our customers points both good and bad and we act on them accordingly ,however just because the night was not to one customers liking we will not change something when the rest of the customers are happy with it.

Loughborough

So I'm lying?

Ask yourself a question: Why would I make that up? Why would I waste ten minutes of my time typing out a lie?

Look through our post history (click the little green arrow beside my name) and show me where there is anything remotely like this. It's not like I woke up this morning and thought "Hey...I've never given a club a bad review in my life...I know I'll select one at random..."

Look through the club reviews, pretty much every club has glowing reviews besides LC. So either there is some huge conspiracy (that I'm actually part of) to badmouth the club or there is actually a problem there.

Maybe...just maybe tackling the problem instead of sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, stamping your feet whilst saying "No...no...no" might result in better reviews.

By *ornybobBuilderMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"We used to go quite regularly a few years ago and at one time was our favourite club simply down to how friendly the clientele were. We've met some cracking couples there over the years.

We noticed the standards slipping around mid-late 2013. Ripped mattresses, a musty smell but worst of all the standard of dress code that was being allowed.

The final straw was NYE 2013. NYE parties in any club we've attended usually range from full-on blacktie to just 'dress smarter than usual'. That night there were so many guys just wearing t-shirt/jeans/scruffy trainers combo. One guy in particular was wearing white tracksuit bottoms and flip flops

There was this little angry looking guy(one of the aforementioned t-shirt/jeans/scruffy trainers brigade) that kept arguing and shouting at his partner. I went over and had a word with security that the guy was hammered and needed removing.

Nothing was done.

20 minutes later the female half of couple we had brought with us was upside down on the pole and the little angry guy reared up to jump onto the pole with her. I spotted him at the last minute and managed to block him. He got angry, again, but seeing as I was twice his size he just walked off. The male half of the couple we were with went over to security and complained seeing as the little guy could well have given his wife a very serious injury.

Nothing was done.

30 minutes later I popped out to the smoking area from the upstairs exit and heard loads of "Holy shit that was crazy!" "What's up with him?" etc from the downstairs part. Wandered down to see what was happening and the little angry guy was being removed. Finally. I have no idea what he must have done to be finally kicked out.

We haven't been back. "

This is just not True I was there that night

Loughborough

HornybobBuilder with his all seeing eye....

Maybe the guy didn't get kicked out (that actually makes it worse to be honest as he was barely able to stand by the end of the night) as the last I saw of him he was being taken away from the smoking area by a security guy.

leeds

"We used to go quite regularly a few years ago and at one time was our favourite club simply down to how friendly the clientele were. We've met some cracking couples there over the years.

Nothing was done.

Nothing was done.

We haven't been back.

This is just not True I was there that night "

We were there that night too and can say categorically that we didn't see any of the events described.....and in case anyone is wondering the only connection we have with LC is that we are regular attendees who regularly have a great time.

Doncaster

I could say you are calling me a liar if that's the case, a few people have posted things on here that are not entirely true, why they do this I do not know and what they wish to get from it I also do not know.

One question, why raise something now, nearly two years after the aledged event ???? The start of this thread was what people thought of the club, as in what is it like now, not what people thought it was like two years ago. Let's say hypothetically what you posted was a true accurate account of the events, you have not given the thought that may be something's have changed over the two years since you was there.

You claim you reported an issue with an aggressive d*unk, I do not recall this issue, and anyone who knows me, knows if something like this happen been reported to me, I most certainly would have dealt with it. I'm not saying you did not have a running with a customer but it was not how you have explained it on here.

Loughborough

Why did I raise it now? I saw the thread, the thread is new, I posted.

You say you don't recall the issue, were you the only security on that night? If so, who the hell was I reporting it to? If you weren't the only one, maybe whoever it was I did say it to never told you about it. Their reason? No idea.

I have relayed things exactly as they happened, I have zero reason to lie, I have nothing to gain.

We've been going to clubs nearly ten years now. We've been to VA, Libs, Xtasia, Chams, Atlantis, Adventures(RIP) (and others I'm probably forgetting) and have nothing negative to say about our time spent at any of them.

Look at threads where people complain about other clubs; the owners come here and give quite decent replies and reassure potential clientele that previous problems will be sorted. You just deny, deny, deny and make out that people have some grudge against the club. It reflects badly on the club and will serve to deter people who were thinking of attending.

Doncaster

The other member if security for that night has posted here that he did not witness the event you discribe. What are we denying ??? Only things that people are posting that are not true. A customer who was also in on that night has posted, they too did not whiteness your account of the event. As I have previously said, we taken on board customers comments good and bad, and we act accordingly. A lot of work has been put into the club by the la chamber staff to make the place as good as we can.

chesterfield

"Why did I raise it now? I saw the thread, the thread is new, I posted.

You say you don't recall the issue, were you the only security on that night? If so, who the hell was I reporting it to? If you weren't the only one, maybe whoever it was I did say it to never told you about it. Their reason? No idea.

I have relayed things exactly as they happened, I have zero reason to lie, I have nothing to gain.

We've been going to clubs nearly ten years now. We've been to VA, Libs, Xtasia, Chams, Atlantis, Adventures(RIP) (and others I'm probably forgetting) and have nothing negative to say about our time spent at any of them.

Look at threads where people complain about other clubs; the owners come here and give quite decent replies and reassure potential clientele that previous problems will be sorted. You just deny, deny, deny and make out that people have some grudge against the club. It reflects badly on the club and will serve to deter people who were thinking of attending.

"

From our point of view - as fairly new customers (this night was before we joined up), the club must have changed since then for the better. We wouldn't attend if it is still like you described. x

Loughborough

I've spent way too much time discussing it and can't really be arsed continuing the game of he said/she said.

I stand by everything I've said, I'm not a liar. People can choose to believe that or not.

By *aysmitMan  over a year ago

walsall

Does Kat with the short red hair still attend this club ? Xx

"HornybobBuilder with his all seeing eye....

Maybe the guy didn't get kicked out (that actually makes it worse to be honest as he was barely able to stand by the end of the night) as the last I saw of him he was being taken away from the smoking area by a security guy."

A sight you see most nights in any given weekend in major town centre bars.....could this just be a one off altercation that has not since been repeated and is being blown out of proportion...im sure no one would want to brand anyone a liar on here

Doncaster

"Does Kat with the short red hair still attend this club ? Xx"

No she has been in for a few years now

By *aysmitMan  over a year ago

walsall

That's a shame how about Lisa her friend xx

Doncaster