FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > 9 Union Street, Birkenhead, still open!!

9 Union Street, Birkenhead, still open!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ignore the rumours flying round, 9 Union Street, Birkenhead, is still open for business as usual. All details of whats on over the next few months can be found on the clubs website

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Is anybody going to be advertising events,or is this no longer allowed by administration or mods as all the threads keep getting closed/removed?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is anybody going to be advertising events,or is this no longer allowed by administration or mods as all the threads keep getting closed/removed?"

I questioned the owners of fab on this and they have stated that promotion of the event at townhouse are currently not authorised and will be removed.

If you are wanting to find events or opening times then I suggest you Google the club and look on its website

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I think I will be paying a visit to show support soon

"Is anybody going to be advertising events,or is this no longer allowed by administration or mods as all the threads keep getting closed/removed?

I questioned the owners of fab on this and they have stated that promotion of the event at townhouse are currently not authorised and will be removed.

If you are wanting to find events or opening times then I suggest you Google the club and look on its website "

After reading what is on TH website it seems that the issue is links to other sites. Looking at many new single girl profiles about 40% have KIK/Whatsever and other links on their profiles same as guys. So question is "Why are these profiles not banned?"

Also if you check daily events some "so-called" single females are promoting clubs with telephone numbers, KIK and other - so is this one party can do whatever they want and other can't?

Sorry but if one is banned then the others should be banned...Same rules for all

"I think I will be paying a visit to show support soon "

We will be there Thursday for the kinky karaoke xx

Sorry but if one is banned then the others should be banned...Same rules for all

Totally agree.

Lots of clubs advertise with websites and Twitter accounts

I think it's a disgrace.

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 09:45:28]

warrington

"Is anybody going to be advertising events,or is this no longer allowed by administration or mods as all the threads keep getting closed/removed?

If you are wanting to find events or opening times then I suggest you Google the club and look on its website

After reading what is on TH website it seems that the issue is links to other sites. Looking at many new single girl profiles about 40% have KIK/Whatsever and other links on their profiles same as guys. So question is "Why are these profiles not banned?"

Also if you check daily events some "so-called" single females are promoting clubs with telephone numbers, KIK and other - so is this one party can do whatever they want and other can't?

Sorry but if one is banned then the others should be banned...Same rules for all "

thats not the same as advertising rival sites though is it?

But are Facebook and Twitter really rival sites??

I think that either there is another reason for this club being banned than 'competition promotion' that hasn't been specified or clarified, or this might be considered unfair by many members, considering the points raised by other posters above.

It should be noted that they have a 'fabswingers' night scheduled for the end of the month! Surely that is pro-community and promoting this website?

I agree that rules shouldn't be broken, but is this an overreaction?

(we don't know the whole story)

I guess fab is shooting itself in the foot if it alienates it's own members...

are we allowed to put meets up if we are going the club or will they get taken off too as thats how i keep up with where my friends are going to be surly they can come to a resolution on this matter as this club has always been super supportive to newbies n fabsters answering lots of questions about club life n swinging and will be a great loss to the forums n site

warrington

"But are Facebook and Twitter really rival sites?? "

admins post is worded to suggest it was another swinging site. is this wrong?

How are businesses supposed to survive in the current climate if they are only allowed to advertise on 1 site? Seems silly to me if that's the case

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

"But are Facebook and Twitter really rival sites??

admins post is worded to suggest it was another swinging site. is this wrong?"

Yes, because it is promoting another swinging site that could potentially be seen as taking people away from this site... no different to working in maccy d's and telling people to go to BurgerKing.

Fab is a business after all.

If someone breaks the T's and C's they get removed, simple. Might not be right in everyones eyes, but rules are rules.

By *lueStarSkyWoman  over a year ago

Narnia

Yes, because it is promoting another swinging site that could potentially be seen as taking people away from this site... no different to working in maccy d's and telling people to go to BurgerKing.

If someone breaks the T's and C's they get removed, simple. Might not be right in everyones eyes, but rules are rules."

Since when have Facebook and Twitter been classed as a swinging site!? Please, enlighten us!

Does this mean that fab are trying to tell them how to run their own external website?

warrington

If someone breaks the T's and C's they get removed, simple. Might not be right in everyones eyes, but rules are rules."

I meant factualy not legaly/morally lol

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 10:16:02]

By *nlylearningCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

What claptrap! I have seen adverts for clubs stating they are having a social for "a" website users. I will change the name so I don't get banned but let's say scd or not local stingers. There are many presidents, get real, fab is a better place for townhouse being on it.

In all honesty I'm not sure, I never had the need to look at the owners profile as I see them all the time at the club, so wasn't aware of any links on their profile, if they had any links on there it would have been FB and Twitter as the club runs accounts on both of these. They told me there where no links of any kind, and I do believe them.

If they did have links to other swinging sites, well then I guess a ban on their PROFILE is valid, at least untill they remove those links.

However, removing every listing to do with the club, including those events run as private hire events by other members of this site, seems some what over the top and out of order to be honest.

Absolutely disgusting what fab are doing understandable that you can not promote other external sites but a warning to remove links would suffice! Going as far as suspending individuals who have made a stand in their profiles about this is cyber bullying as well as having the potential to ruin a business!!

"

But this site as well as others would be promoted through those social media sites, as well as the clubs own site. If you take that view on it, every club list on here needs to be removed because every clubs website that is linked from here, I guarentee is linking to another swinging website. So based on that fact, your argument kinda falls apart.

"Sorry but if one is banned then the others should be banned...Same rules for all

Totally agree.

Lots of clubs advertise with websites and Twitter accounts

I think it's a disgrace.

"

This..

Couldn't agree more.

"But are Facebook and Twitter really rival sites?? "

This was my thought too.

Heartbroken for the guys.

Was there on Saturday. Great club

"Absolutely disgusting what fab are doing understandable that you can not promote other external sites but a warning to remove links would suffice! Going as far as suspending individuals who have made a stand in their profiles about this is cyber bullying as well as having the potential to ruin a business!! "

I'm finding it extremely hard to bite my tongue, if I'm honest, it's a travesty, several of my freinds, have been suspended for asking polite, questions.

warrington

"Absolutely disgusting what fab are doing understandable that you can not promote other external sites but a warning to remove links would suffice! Going as far as suspending individuals who have made a stand in their profiles about this is cyber bullying as well as having the potential to ruin a business!! "

admins post does suggest they were warned first.

look at me standing up for the man

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

thats not the same as advertising rival sites though is it? "

No. To be fair it is all in the T&C's.

Admin explain all here, but obviously have not gone into too much detail as it is between the club and Admin, speculation and rumours won't help that.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/415235

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS all clubs have their own club profile with their own links on, Admin have always allowed this

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"are we allowed to put meets up if we are going the club or will they get taken off too "

No

"PS all clubs have their own club profile with their own links on, Admin have always allowed this "

Fair play ruggers, it's just a shame, and there's a fair few pissed off people. Understandable.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"are we allowed to put meets up if we are going the club or will they get taken off too

No "

No to personal meets won't be taken off that should have meant

By *rometheusMan  over a year ago

Manchester

... A while back now I posted an update, firmly tongue in cheek I should say & on my own fab' homepage, asking what the hell "Swingfields/Spinningfields" was?! - I commented that it sounded like a Zumba Spinning/Cycle class for Swingers! - Anyway, I received a rather snooty, sarcastic message from the Proprietors of said club, that must go unmentioned;) - (they'd previously added me as a friend, I was flattered! ) - advising me to 'google it!' To which I responded, I couldn't spare the 3G data & I'd much rather that she/he enlightened me anyway, especially since he/she'd already taken the time to respond to my original post... The reply was 'no!' ... I politely requested that they not message me further then - I noticed, sometime later, when I'd not received any updates on my timeline regarding said venue that I'd actually, in point of fact, been blocked!? - Charming! ...

... Now I know its both a tenuous & spurious link but nontheless still

Karma, I'd say ...

... Everyday & in all walks of life there are countless examples of peoples' vanity projects gone awry & I guess really all that I'm saying is prudence dictates that we ought never to forget who & what we really are, where we came from; our doubtless vast potential tempered by our equally inevitable limitations - perspective, if you will...

... Put another way, a bin lifter will always be a bin lifter & no matter how hard one tries you simply cannot, I repeat Cannot - (capital letters for emphasis only & not shouting ) - polish a turd

I've only ever seen the club holding fab socials advertising this site and never seen them holding socials for any other "competition" sites

Manchester

Hear hear

"... A while back now I posted an update, firmly tongue in cheek I should say & on my own fab' homepage, asking what the hell "Swingfields/Spinningfields" was?! - I commented that it sounded like a Zumba Spinning/Cycle class for Swingers! - Anyway, I received a rather snooty, sarcastic message from the Proprietors of said club, that must go unmentioned;) - (they'd previously added me as a friend, I was flattered! ) - advising me to 'google it!' To which I responded, I couldn't spare the 3G data & I'd much rather that she/he enlightened me anyway, especially since he/she'd already taken the time to respond to my original post... The reply was 'no!' ... I politely requested that they not message me further then - I noticed, sometime later, when I'd not received any updates on my timeline regarding said venue that I'd actually, in point of fact, been blocked!? - Charming! ...

Karma, I'd say ...

... Everyday & in all walks of life there are countless examples of peoples' vanity projects gone awry & I guess really all that I'm saying is prudence dictates that we ought never to forget who & what we really are, where we came from; our doubtless vast potential tempered by our equally inevitable limitations - perspective, if you will...

... Put another way, a bin lifter will always be a bin lifter & no matter how hard one tries you simply cannot, I repeat Cannot - (capital letters for emphasis only & not shouting ) - polish a turd "

Oohhhh do I detect a hint of bitterness there ? Anyway they probably blocked you so they wouldn't message you again , as you requested. Nothing personal I am sure. Oh to be so perfect

Forum Mod

O o O oo

For anyone thinking I have gone mad, I gave the wrong link on the bottom of this thread,

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/clubs/415373 it should have been the link to this thread.

I need a cuppa me thinks.

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Following the last 24 hours on here, we feel we need to say something.

The banned club was one of the most prolific posters on this site, helping newcomers, answering queries, and probably spending many hours per week helping our community.

"If" they mentioned another "competitor" site on their profile, then they should have been warned, and given the normal 7 day ban or something similar. To wipe them out of existence is wrong.

There is either a lot more to this, or someone has been extremely over protective.

This action will have a number of knock on ripple effects. Those who love the banned club will find other ways to support them, move to other sites, stop financial support on here, upset forums with cross postings, etc.

Other clubs will look at the action and realise how easily a site can control a clubs purse strings and look for viable alternatives. A swingers web site without clubs involved or mentioned wouldn't last too long. We all promote this site actively, on banners on our sites, on socials held in the sites name, when chatting to newcomers through our doors, and daily we must mention Fab hundreds of times.

End result will hurt our community.

This can be easily resolved between the two parties by chatting as adults. An apology, a climb down, status quo.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Perhaps on Jan 1st 2045 all will be revealed under the publication of sensitive information under the "30 year rule"????

Poor form. Adult sites should display adult behaviour.

Near enough

If someone breaks the T's and C's they get removed, simple. Might not be right in everyones eyes, but rules are rules.

Since when have Facebook and Twitter been classed as a swinging site!? Please, enlighten us!"

I should have edited the quote sorry, I was not referring to social media, I was actually referring to other swinging sites, hence my analogy of other rivals in business.

Manchester

"Perhaps on Jan 1st 2045 all will be revealed under the publication of sensitive information under the "30 year rule"????

"

Lolol

Manchester

"Following the last 24 hours on here, we feel we need to say something.

The banned club was one of the most prolific posters on this site, helping newcomers, answering queries, and probably spending many hours per week helping our community.

"If" they mentioned another "competitor" site on their profile, then they should have been warned, and given the normal 7 day ban or something similar. To wipe them out of existence is wrong.

There is either a lot more to this, or someone has been extremely over protective.

This action will have a number of knock on ripple effects. Those who love the banned club will find other ways to support them, move to other sites, stop financial support on here, upset forums with cross postings, etc.

Other clubs will look at the action and realise how easily a site can control a clubs purse strings and look for viable alternatives. A swingers web site without clubs involved or mentioned wouldn't last too long. We all promote this site actively, on banners on our sites, on socials held in the sites name, when chatting to newcomers through our doors, and daily we must mention Fab hundreds of times.

This can be easily resolved between the two parties by chatting as adults. An apology, a climb down, status quo. "

... Has anyone seen my soapbox?!... Yep, there it is!

By *lasscouple123Man  over a year ago

Preston

Why is everyone moaning at the way fab has handled this? The rules are clearly stated and clubs blackmailing saying that other sites will come more popular, great fuck off then!! At least the 'meet' section won't be clogged up with repetitive 'milf Mondays' etc... Fab is fabulous, the club's owe a lot to fab for their success and if they can't see it and break the rules, fabs a better place without them! My rant over with!

warrington

"Why is everyone moaning at the way fab has handled this? The rules are clearly stated and clubs blackmailing saying that other sites will come more popular, great fuck off then!! At least the 'meet' section won't be clogged up with repetitive 'milf Mondays' etc... Fab is fabulous, the club's owe a lot to fab for their success and if they can't see it and break the rules, fabs a better place without them! My rant over with!"

ha ha

Manchester

"Why is everyone moaning at the way fab has handled this? The rules are clearly stated and clubs blackmailing saying that other sites will come more popular, great fuck off then!! At least the 'meet' section won't be clogged up with repetitive 'milf Mondays' etc... Fab is fabulous, the club's owe a lot to fab for their success and if they can't see it and break the rules, fabs a better place without them! My rant over with!"

At last! Finally the voice of reason!! Hear hear!!! & I salute you

By *azLilyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Why is everyone moaning at the way fab has handled this? The rules are clearly stated and clubs blackmailing saying that other sites will come more popular, great fuck off then!! At least the 'meet' section won't be clogged up with repetitive 'milf Mondays' etc... Fab is fabulous, the club's owe a lot to fab for their success and if they can't see it and break the rules, fabs a better place without them! My rant over with!

At last! Finally the voice of reason!! Hear hear!!! & I salute you "

Fine. Then what we all need to do is go through the lists of clubs and show fab who advertises other swinging site.

Partners do I am certain (links page)

How many more do?!?!

Admin aren't going to like the number of clubs that do! It's called business, broader the base of operation more the amount of interest. Whereas fab clearly does t understand that! Maybe fab admin need to get on to other sites themselves to increase their business.

Preston

Thank you, fab is the best swingers site by a mile, they don't charge clubs to go on, all they ask for is to keep the competition away (and maybe a few other rules lol) but no, ppl have to push boundaries thinking only of themselves...

Let this be a lesson to you clubs out there, we (fab subscribers) are not bothered about you and will put the site before any club

Manchester

"Thank you, fab is the best swingers site...

...Let this be a lesson to you clubs out there, we (fab subscribers) are not bothered about you and will put the site before any club"

I think I love this person

I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.

West Bromwich

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs."
One "first ever" comment from a Hidden Profile, speaks for Fab. Come on folks, don't turn it into a battle between all the users, just help push the two parties to resolve it...for the good of all of us.

Preston

Lol, seriously it fucks me off, fab is a massive site and gives something to everyone.. even the free subscriber gets plenty of access.. Why attack ppl that are being fair with you??

If we fancy the townhouse for a night out, I can and will access their own site for information.. move on guys, it's not the end of the world ffs..

"Thank you, fab is the best swingers site...

...Let this be a lesson to you clubs out there, we (fab subscribers) are not bothered about you and will put the site before any club...

I think I love this person "

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 12:12:14]

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

This can be easily resolved between the two parties by chatting as adults. An apology, a climb down, status quo. "

There is enough bigotry and hatred out there without "in fighting" and falling out.

Clearly, if rules ARE broken then a SUITABLE punishment should be levelled and we all endorse this principle. This is Fabs site and Fabs rules. I guess the reality is that people often use the freedom they feel to post, comment and observe without checking every rule every time, and you only need to look at the clubs, events AND NON COMMERCIAL members who get bans, suspensions etc, so its not JUST the clubs and venues.....

The fundamental issue is that a growing and successful venue has been removed and yes, they do get a LOT of support from Fab and vica versa, but could we not get BOTH sides together, reduce the ban to a month and meet in the middle with a plan of action from the club to avoid ANY further breaches ?

Perhaps we don't know the FULL details and its awkward for both sides to divulge this, but aren't we ALL lifestylers trying to have a great time by working TOGETHER......? A gesture from BOTH sides to reach a solution would be widely supported and be in keeping with us ALL being part of the Swinging Lifestyle TOGETHER ? xxxx Love and hugs to all.

Preston

Hidden profile because I knew I'd get shit for speaking out..

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.One "first ever" comment from a Hidden Profile, speaks for Fab. Come on folks, don't turn it into a battle between all the users, just help push the two parties to resolve it...for the good of all of us. "

Manchester

On balance, I'd say there's been pretty much equal support for both the clubs & fab... For the record - I'm neither an apologist for Fab or Any club! ... Which is more than can be said for the last two posts!

but the events section is there for that. We look through it when looking for somewhere to go.. see where our friends are going.

All the clubs listed have more than fab on their site. They have links to other sites other than here..

Yet Townhouse was always championing fab and even hosting Fab socials. Which were advertised as such and when we went there were notes about fab and yes a few other sites but thats like fab wants advertising on all the club sites... to help boost business.

Xtasia have it right that the parties need to sit down and talk.

nr beauly

"Why is everyone moaning at the way fab has handled this? The rules are clearly stated and clubs blackmailing saying that other sites will come more popular, great fuck off then!! At least the 'meet' section won't be clogged up with repetitive 'milf Mondays' etc... Fab is fabulous, the club's owe a lot to fab for their success and if they can't see it and break the rules, fabs a better place without them! My rant over with!

but the events section is there for that. We look through it when looking for somewhere to go.. see where our friends are going.

All the clubs listed have more than fab on their site. They have links to other sites other than here..

Yet Townhouse was always championing fab and even hosting Fab socials. Which were advertised as such and when we went there were notes about fab and yes a few other sites but thats like fab wants advertising on all the club sites... to help boost business.

Xtasia have it right that the parties need to sit down and talk. "

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.One "first ever" comment from a Hidden Profile, speaks for Fab. Come on folks, don't turn it into a battle between all the users, just help push the two parties to resolve it...for the good of all of us. "

couldn't agree more

Manchester

"Hidden profile because I knew I'd get shit for speaking out..

I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.One "first ever" comment from a Hidden Profile, speaks for Fab. Come on folks, don't turn it into a battle between all the users, just help push the two parties to resolve it...for the good of all of us. "

... Indeed! Trolled & blocked for speaking up for the lowly consumer, who gets screwed over by businesses who like to pass themselves off as philanthropic social clubs! Ha haaaaaa

Just to make you all aware that Townhouse has contacted Fab to start a dialogue to resolve any issues.

nr beauly

"Just to make you all aware that Townhouse has contacted Fab to start a dialogue to resolve any issues.

"

Preston

Remember, townhouse has fucked up, not FAB, so don't have a go at the site, ffs...

Seriously, some of you sound quite pathetic arguing on behalf of townhouse when it's their fault..

Having said this, they should be allowed back in time, a month ban is a bit tame, 6 months at least.. it'll make these so called clubs defecting to other sites appreciate what FAB does for them!!

warrington

"Remember, townhouse has fucked up, not FAB, so don't have a go at the site, ffs...

Seriously, some of you sound quite pathetic arguing on behalf of townhouse when it's their fault..

Having said this, they should be allowed back in time, a month ban is a bit tame, 6 months at least.. it'll make these so called clubs defecting to other sites appreciate what FAB does for them!!"

defect

warrington

"Just to make you all aware that Townhouse has contacted Fab to start a dialogue to resolve any issues.

"

lets hope they can solve it with coffee instead of kofi

By *ilacWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Remember, townhouse has fucked up, not FAB, so don't have a go at the site, ffs...

Having said this, they should be allowed back in time, a month ban is a bit tame, 6 months at least.. it'll make these so called clubs defecting to other sites appreciate what FAB does for them!!"

If they broke a rule, the broke a rule. Fair enough. But by the club being removed as well as their profile, it's punished everyone. People that promote their own nights at that venue that they have privately hired are being punished, their staff are being punished, their customers are being punished.

So by taking action against two, it's been to the detriment of many.

I can understand Fab wanting to keep the site free of promoting other sites but their action has promoted me now having to visit other sites (despite paying two lots of fold membership) to find out info about my local swinging club, reducing the time I spend on Fab.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

".

Clearly, if rules ARE broken then a SUITABLE punishment should be levelled and we all endorse this principle. This is Fabs site and Fabs rules. I guess the reality is that people often use the freedom they feel to post, comment and observe without checking every rule every time, and you only need to look at the clubs, events AND NON COMMERCIAL members who get bans, suspensions etc, so its not JUST the clubs and venues.....

The fundamental issue is that a growing and successful venue has been removed and yes, they do get a LOT of support from Fab and vica versa, but could we not get BOTH sides together, reduce the ban to a month and meet in the middle with a plan of action from the club to avoid ANY further breaches ?

Perhaps we don't know the FULL details and its awkward for both sides to divulge this, but aren't we ALL lifestylers trying to have a great time by working TOGETHER......? A gesture from BOTH sides to reach a solution would be widely supported and be in keeping with us ALL being part of the Swinging Lifestyle TOGETHER ? xxxx Love and hugs to all."

A very balanced post

Preston

If you don't pay the tax man, employees might lose their jobs, that's how it is.. tough shit... it'll be interesting to see how the townhouse behave now, how funny and embarrassing lol

"If you don't pay the tax man, employees might lose their jobs, that's how it is.. tough shit... it'll be interesting to see how the townhouse behave now, how funny and embarrassing lol"

You seem to have an axe to grind

warrington

"If you don't pay the tax man, employees might lose their jobs, that's how it is.. tough shit... it'll be interesting to see how the townhouse behave now, how funny and embarrassing lol

You seem to have an axe to grind "

Preston

Not at all, just don't like people pushing boundaries.. The club is in our top 3 that we've been to..

By *rs PickWoman  over a year ago

North Wales

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs."

Couldn't agree more. Clubs are vital part of our community. As is fab too. Fingers crossed it can all be sorted.

I never saw them.advertising other sites on fab. And the last post I saw them post was for a charity event. And under that was a hugely anticipated fabswingers social

Cheshire

"If you don't pay the tax man, employees might lose their jobs, that's how it is.. tough shit... it'll be interesting to see how the townhouse behave now, how funny and embarrassing lol"

Erm they've allegedly posted a link to another website. Not the same really as not paying taxes.

I don't find any of this funny or embarrassing. I feel sorry for TH and I'm relieved that Fab and TH are now conversing. For my sake....

Because I want to see TH events in the forums. I want to see the owners of TH commenting on threads and offering advice. I want to see reviews of the evenings people of had there

"If you don't pay the tax man, employees might lose their jobs, that's how it is.. tough shit... it'll be interesting to see how the townhouse behave now, how funny and embarrassing lol

Erm they've allegedly posted a link to another website. Not the same really as not paying taxes.

I don't find any of this funny or embarrassing. I feel sorry for TH and I'm relieved that Fab and TH are now conversing. For my sake....

Because I want to see TH events in the forums. I want to see the owners of TH commenting on threads and offering advice. I want to see reviews of the evenings people of had there

"

as to be honest with it being such a big club and the supporters of swing fields all it will mean is people Having to sign up elsewhere to find out what is going on.

I don't think that one club on here only links to fab on their profile. But everyone needs to let the parties sort it out . It is clear there is huge support for this townhouse but some upset members are not helping x

Preston

The reason I had a moan is because everyone was blaming fab, rather than TH... For me personally, I'd sooner have the site if I had to choose and was defending it...

But having said that, TH is a good venue and Id hate it to have problems because of this error.. Let it be a lesson to you club owners though, you need fab more than they need you, imo x

Near enough

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.

Couldn't agree more. Clubs are vital part of our community. As is fab too. Fingers crossed it can all be sorted. "

How many times have clubs (including the one involved here) been recommended to new/nervous/shy users? Probably too many times to even count.

Clubs are a hugely important part of this lifestyle and scene.

Seems a line has been crossed and at some point someone will always be the first to be reprimanded. I have seen other sites remove users immediately for mentioning Fab in chats and dialogues, so why should it be any different here?

I hope it gets resolved in a way everyone can be happy with

Let's all just go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over.

"Let's all just go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. "

Haha

"Let's all just go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. "

You've got red on you...

Manchester

".

Perhaps we don't know the FULL details and its awkward for both sides to divulge this, but aren't we ALL lifestylers trying to have a great time by working TOGETHER......? A gesture from BOTH sides to reach a solution would be widely supported and be in keeping with us ALL being part of the Swinging Lifestyle TOGETHER ? xxxx Love and hugs to all.

A very balanced post "

... From swingfields - sponsored by the said club that has just been banned by fab #vestedinterest

#unbiasedopinion?!

Manchester

"The reason I had a moan is because everyone was blaming fab, rather than TH... For me personally, I'd sooner have the site if I had to choose and was defending it...

But having said that, TH is a good venue and Id hate it to have problems because of this error.. Let it be a lesson to you club owners though, you need fab more than they need you, imo x"

I agree & well said!

You seem to be more on a personal attack of TH ..are you sure that's not due to being barred from there for being a trouble causer with many fake profiles? Just a personal opinion as some of the comments you've made are pretty nasty instead of encouraging a club supposedly in your top 3 to sort the issues out!!

"

The main reason I joined fab was to keep up to date with what's going on at Townhouse as it's my local club.

I am really upset by how many of my friends are facing consequences from yesterday for simply asking questions.

The fact that everytime someone tried to post yesterday the post disappeared in minutes was very frustrating as I wanted to be able to discuss the issues as adults.

The fact that a friend of mine who advertises fab socials had to spend the entire day yesterday phoning and messaging people assuring them assuring then that the club was not closed and the event would go ahead is ridiculous, especially as the fab social can no longer be advertised on Fab

Not to mention other private events that are held at the club not being allowed to be promoted, this seriously affects people's lives and incomes, while some here feel free to make light of the situation others are home seriously stressing about how this is going to affect them.

I really hope for the sake of the community (especially my local community) that an arrangement can be made.

I think in being the first to approach that Townhouse are being adult about the situation.

It's been pointed out but I just want to reiterate the fact that countless times I've seen them answer questions about the community, point newbies in the right direction and have often seen them promoting other clubs on the scene, knowing that if you promote others then they will reciprocate and the whole scene improves.

The main reason I joined fab was to keep up to date with what's going on at Townhouse as it's my local club.

I am really upset by how many of my friends are facing consequences from yesterday for simply asking questions.

The fact that everytime someone tried to post yesterday the post disappeared in minutes was very frustrating as I wanted to be able to discuss the issues as adults.

The fact that a friend of mine who advertises fab socials had to spend the entire day yesterday phoning and messaging people assuring them assuring then that the club was not closed and the event would go ahead is ridiculous, especially as the fab social can no longer be advertised on Fab

Not to mention other private events that are held at the club not being allowed to be promoted, this seriously affects people's lives and incomes, while some here feel free to make light of the situation others are home seriously stressing about how this is going to affect them.

I really hope for the sake of the community (especially my local community) that an arrangement can be made.

I think in being the first to approach that Townhouse are being adult about the situation.

It's been pointed out but I just want to reiterate the fact that countless times I've seen them answer questions about the community, point newbies in the right direction and have often seen them promoting other clubs on the scene, knowing that if you promote others then they will reciprocate and the whole scene improves."

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 14:01:44]

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

TH's statement on their website, while entirely their prerogative, does not portray them as being "adult about this".

It airs their side of the story in isolation.

I'm not affected by this at all, but hopefully it will all have blown over in a couple of days

Manchester

It's been pointed out but I just want to reiterate the fact that countless times I've seen them answer questions about the community, point newbies in the right direction and have often seen them promoting other clubs on the scene, knowing that if you promote others then they will reciprocate and the whole scene improves."

Well said!!

#heartfelt

warrington

the fabbers are revolting

Manchester

"... A while back now I posted an update, firmly tongue in cheek I should say & on my own fab' homepage, asking what the hell "Swingfields/Spinningfields" was?! - I commented that it sounded like a Zumba Spinning/Cycle class for Swingers! - Anyway, I received a rather snooty, sarcastic message from the Proprietors of said club, that must go unmentioned;) - (they'd previously added me as a friend, I was flattered! ) - advising me to 'google it!' To which I responded, I couldn't spare the 3G data & I'd much rather that she/he enlightened me anyway, especially since he/she'd already taken the time to respond to my original post... The reply was 'no!' ... I politely requested that they not message me further then - I noticed, sometime later, when I'd not received any updates on my timeline regarding said venue that I'd actually, in point of fact, been blocked!? - Charming! ...

Karma, I'd say ...

... Put another way, a bin lifter will always be a bin lifter & no matter how hard one tries you simply cannot, I repeat Cannot - (capital letters for emphasis only & not shouting ) - polish a turd "

... I take it all back - I was wrong! Mea culpa!!

... It's been explained to me that, in all probability, I was blocked for my sake - to save me from myself, if you will...

... Of course you can polish a turd, figuratively - look at me! I scrub up well!

Two things:

1 There are a lot of Clubs out there; unquestionably the club - (that cannot currently be mentioned) - is by far & away one of The Very Best! & the Lovely Lady is just that!!!

Nb: I sincerely hope that they & fab can reach a positive resolution for all parties (including ourselves) & that common sense will, in the end, prevail... Please.

2 I know little about Swingfields, other than over 650 people went to the event & it even got a mention in the national press & television media! Oh & on Mock The Week too! (there may've been an issue with water sanitation/plumbing at one point - but I can't back that up with any firm to hard evidence! ) However, and more importantly it was a great success, lots & lots of money was raised for charity, which is always nice! - It's good to give & great fun & games were had by all....

There. I've said my piece/peace

Manchester

"the fabbers are revolting "

... Revolting? - We're positively Disgusting, my good man!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

would a comment for someone who has been here a lot longer hold more weight.....

okay then....

a couple of things.....

there seems to be a lot of "wagon circling" going on for a subject that only the two parties know about....

.... and we all know there are two sides to every story!... so there is a whole bunch of "presumptions" going on

not the first time they have had their hands slapped... i remember a 96hr trip to the "step of naughty" for advertising their events in places on the site they were told not to....

I hope whatever happened is rectified and lessons are learnt... but lets not paint a picture of one side being completely blameless here.....

"I think if you look at the positive and negative comments in this thread you will see that fab members do care about clubs.One "first ever" comment from a Hidden Profile, speaks for Fab. Come on folks, don't turn it into a battle between all the users, just help push the two parties to resolve it...for the good of all of us.

would a comment for someone who has been here a lot longer hold more weight.....

okay then....

a couple of things.....

there seems to be a lot of "wagon circling" going on for a subject that only the two parties know about....

.... and we all know there are two sides to every story!... so there is a whole bunch of "presumptions" going on

not the first time they have had their hands slapped... i remember a 96hr trip to the "step of naughty" for advertising their events in places on the site they were told not to....

I hope whatever happened is rectified and lessons are learnt... but lets not paint a picture of one side being completely blameless here.....

"

It looks to me like no one is blameless as you say there are 2 sides to every story and as we are not aware of all the facts and probably never will be it's pointless people playing the blame game.

What I do think however is that the majority of people on this forum believe that Fab has acted a tad to harsh.

Let us hope that the olive branch has been offered on both sides and normal service can be resumed as soon as possible.

I for one think that both Fabswingers and Townhouse are 2 fantastic organisations and should compliment each as they have done in the past.

I have been on this site in various guises since 2006/7 and I want it to continue in all it's glory and open mindedness......

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 15:03:52]

Is there a bush near the union? lol

Sorry if someone has already said this but as a couple who've just come out of our newbie phase (maybe) we, as I'm sure you all did, used fab and the club section as a vital resource for identifying the right place to visit.

It seems like the issues here may well be deeper than we know, as a few people have suggested, but by deleting the record of the club it takes away any way of a couple or singleton coming onto the scene making a balanced decision about that club. Maybe a frozen profile for the club would have allowed the necessary message to get across but also ensure that the details were still preserved for the benefit of all?

Only a thought but what do we know

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Maybe clubs could use this as an opportunity.

Have things become too complacent in terms of marketing and engaging with customers if you only rely on one website as a touch point?

This could be a great chance to try new things and not be so reliant on one hub of communication if it's felt that their rules are too stringent.

Social media has endless posibilities. Break out!

"Maybe clubs could use this as an opportunity.

Have things become too complacent in terms of marketing and engaging with customers if you only rely on one website as a touch point?

This could be a great chance to try new things and not be so reliant on one hub of communication if it's felt that their rules are too stringent.

Social media has endless posibilities. Break out! "

Sorry but this totally stinks.

It strikes me of one rule for one and another rule for another. Who is in and out of favour etc.

I have my suspicions here of rival clubs/staff having far too much say and being envious of a great club and the competition.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What I do think however is that the majority of people on this forum believe that Fab has acted a tad to harsh.

"

no, what i do think had happened is that people have come to the defence of one side and "circled the wagons" based on hearing one side of the story......

two sides.... remember that... two sides!!!

as smart dressed man said... I don't think what they posted on their website regarding the situation helps.... it is much more of a "burning bridges" exercise than holding out an olive branch....

maybe... just maybe the actually olive branch (and i bet they are still reading all these posts) would be to take that down.... and put up something like the following....

"had a disageement, working on a solution" and request that people don't speculate until a solution is reached

what they wrote was more akin to a one way flame thrower....

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"Maybe clubs could use this as an opportunity.

Social media has endless posibilities. Break out!

"

I'll be dreaming of app development tonight!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Please don't attack people who have an opinion, they are allowed it the same as you.

The same goes for mods, who are only doing what is asked by Admin last night and today. The forum is not the place to throw round allegations as mods can't defend themselves from any half truths and it is also against forum rules.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 15:41:23]

Manchester

"TH's statement on their website, while entirely their prerogative, does not portray them as being "adult about this".

I'm not affected by this at all, but hopefully it will all have blown over in a couple of days"

... Just read what they posted on their website updates page also! It leaves little or no room for manoeuvre & has more than an air of finality about it, in my opinion...

... Time will tell but, yes, another user's 'burning bridges' metaphor is right on, I'd say!

And much more importantly, I really couldn't care less, either way

I'm going to an event there tomorrow! Wednesday night is on as usual.

Deviant City

absolutely

"TH's statement on their website, while entirely their prerogative, does not portray them as being "adult about this".

I'm not affected by this at all, but hopefully it will all have blown over in a couple of days

... Just read what they posted on their website updates page also! It leaves little or no room for manoeuvre & has more than an air of finality about it, in my opinion...

... Time will tell but, yes, another user's 'burning bridges' metaphor is right on, I'd say!

"

Obviously you do as you've been very active in this discussion.

"...

Let us hope that the olive branch has been offered on both sides and normal service can be resumed as soon as possible.

I for one think that both Fabswingers and Townhouse are 2 fantastic organisations and should compliment each as they have done in the past.

......"

"...

"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't mention other sites on the forum

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

"

I never saw them.advertising other sites on fab. And the last post I saw them post was for a charity event. And under that was a hugely anticipated fabswingers social "

And this is the reason for the take down. It is a charity event to raise money for breast cancer and has been approved by breast cancer, it is burlesque at a club.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I never saw them.advertising other sites on fab. And the last post I saw them post was for a charity event. And under that was a hugely anticipated fabswingers social

And this is the reason for the take down. ."

No.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin explain all here, but obviously have not gone into too much detail as it is between the club and Admin, speculation and rumours won't help that.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/415235

Deviant City

They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted

Cheshire

"They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted "

Great news. Well done Fab and TH for sorting it out quickly.

warrington

"They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted

Great news. Well done Fab and TH for sorting it out quickly. "

who's back? whats been going on?

[Removed by poster at 11/08/15 23:18:33]

Karma, I'd say ...

You can however, roll it in glitter

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted

Great news. Well done Fab and TH for sorting it out quickly. "

Just got to love a happy ending (no pun intended) xx

"They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted

Great news. Well done Fab and TH for sorting it out quickly.

Just got to love a happy ending (no pun intended) xx"

"

Don't mention other sites on the forum"

Confused.com

"They're back, woo hoo!

Glad it's been sorted "

Great news, welcome back J & V and thank you Fab for resolving this...would have be a sad loss to both parties xx

See you there on Saturday!

So glad this issue is being resolved. Lessons learned, and hopefully everyone will move forward, a little wiser and able to work together.

Good to see you back....

Manchester

Obviously you do as you've been very active in this discussion."

... I honestly don't - I was just killing time...

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Hi all

Just want to say thank you to everyone for their support and messages, it means so much.

Thank you to the owners of Fab for working with us to resolve the issue and hopefully everyone can move forward and Carry on Swinging! 

West Bromwich

"Hi all

Just want to say thank you to everyone for their support and messages, it means so much.

Thank you to the owners of Fab for working with us to resolve the issue and hopefully everyone can move forward and Carry on Swinging! 

"

Welcome Back...but I thought I'd already said that

Anybody want to message me with what's gone on?! Or should I just go tonight and find out

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Anybody want to message me with what's gone on?! Or should I just go tonight and find out "

Think the whole week is going to be busy so I'd come along! xx

"Anybody want to message me with what's gone on?! Or should I just go tonight and find out

Think the whole week is going to be busy so I'd come along! xx"

We will be there tomorrow

"Anybody want to message me with what's gone on?! Or should I just go tonight and find out

Think the whole week is going to be busy so I'd come along! xx"

Well I've no idea what's gone on but seemingly there's no such thing as bad publicity

By *rs PickWoman  over a year ago

North Wales

Think the whole week is going to be busy so I'd come along! xx

Well I've no idea what's gone on but seemingly there's no such thing as bad publicity "

Well its open tonight, Karaoke tomorrow night and Saturday as per x

I'll be there tomorrow night xx

"

Well I've no idea what's gone on but seemingly there's no such thing as bad publicity "

"Hi all

"

Great news xx

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"Hi all

"

fab would not be the same without you on it and I am sure that you will continue to carry on with the variety of events that make visiting the townhouse and enjoyable and entertaining experience that attracts a good mixture of genuine people with an interest in this lifestyle

Welcome back V & J ! Please don't leave us again , it was a very traumatic experience for all.

Love you guys xx

"Hi all

"

welcome back guys

» Add a new message to this topic