FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Condoms and lube in clubs

Condoms and lube in clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hoenixandflames OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

Heya there folks,

Just wondering - in your local swinging club - are condoms and lube knocking around? Or indeed, in the rooms (private or otherwise?)

It's just occurred to me that 2 out of 3 clubs I have attended they've been in the rooms.

And I was wondering whether it's the norm to have them there?

(Mainly as I realised in the third club when I needed a condom and lube, they weren't there to be grabbed!)

Cheers

Flames

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think this varies between clubs. My local has condoms available behind the bar as most people bring their own. We maybe sell three condoms on a Friday night when there's 20 odd couples and 20 odd guys, they're not high demand item for purchase

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

The club I go to have plenty for free behind the reception and on the bar. I prefer this than in the rooms as it means no one can tamper with them (I have a suspicious mind lol)

Stockport

"I think this varies between clubs. My local has condoms available behind the bar as most people bring their own. We maybe sell three condoms on a Friday night when there's 20 odd couples and 20 odd guys, they're not high demand item for purchase "

Wow - Sell them? Okay. Not seen that before.

Surely there are charities that give them away?

Or are we lucky being in Manchester?

Stockport

"The club I go to have plenty for free behind the reception and on the bar. I prefer this than in the rooms as it means no one can tamper with them (I have a suspicious mind lol)"

LOL... Don't you just!

It just kind of stops impulsive fun IME / IMHO.

By *lub Rouge ManchesterCouple  over a year ago

manchester

At Amour we supply condoms free of charge ( available at the bar ) to help

Promote good sexual health practices . There are many other clubs that also

Do the same . Townhouse and Chameleons also do this to our knowledge ..

A lot of guys and girls however like to bring their own

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'd rather take my own, I use latex free and you rarely get these in clubs and I have a reaction to some lubes.

I'm also a bit paranoid that they'd be tampered with.

Some clubs they're free, others you have to pay.

"I think this varies between clubs. My local has condoms available behind the bar as most people bring their own. We maybe sell three condoms on a Friday night when there's 20 odd couples and 20 odd guys, they're not high demand item for purchase

Or are we lucky being in Manchester?"

The majority bring their own so we hardly get asked for them. When we do sell them its £1 a go

"I think this varies between clubs. My local has condoms available behind the bar as most people bring their own. We maybe sell three condoms on a Friday night when there's 20 odd couples and 20 odd guys, they're not high demand item for purchase

The majority bring their own so we hardly get asked for them. When we do sell them its £1 a go"

£1 for 1 condom??

That's extortion! I thought xtasia selling them

At 50p was ridiculous! Especially when you pay a fair bit of money to get in places you shouldn't have to shell out for condoms too!

The majority bring their own so we hardly get asked for them. When we do sell them its £1 a go

£1 for 1 condom??

At 50p was ridiculous! Especially when you pay a fair bit of money to get in places you shouldn't have to shell out for condoms too! "

That's how the owners choose to supply condoms. Nobody is forced to buy any

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Surely you shouldn't be relying on anyone else to provide them for you ?

Just take your own with you, that way you wont have to whinge about the price !

By *rs PleasuresWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Surely you shouldn't be relying on anyone else to provide them for you ?

"

Agreed.

I am responsible for my own sexual health so I always make sure I have plenty in my handbag. x

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

At The Vanilla Alternative they are available at no charge from the bar although most people do bring their own.

My local club "Townhouse" supplies them free of charge from either behind the bar or reception. They also offer sexual health screening in conjunction with the Terrence Higgins Trust on certain nights of the year.

They used to have condoms and lube in the rooms but I think some people took the piss.

By *hell and jCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

I allways have condoms with us xx but attic in derby supply free of charge on bar xx

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Safest way just bring your own we always bring plenty just in case someone does forget so the fun doesn't get interupted

The majority bring their own so we hardly get asked for them. When we do sell them its £1 a go"

I am sure you would get them free like most clubs... And I would imagine the price is why you dont sell many.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I normally take my own - though trying to get durex extra strong on a Saturday night in Central Manchester was an epic fail

I think it's a case of you forget your own why shouldn't you have to pay? It's like saying I want to travel London Underground free today because I forgot my Oyster card and it costs lots already.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I think it's a case of you forget your own why shouldn't you have to pay? It's like saying I want to travel London Underground free today because I forgot my Oyster card and it costs lots already. "

Oooo I can use my apple watch when I forget my Oyster card.....

(Northern folk don't understand the pain of forgetting your oyster)

"I think it's a case of you forget your own why shouldn't you have to pay? It's like saying I want to travel London Underground free today because I forgot my Oyster card and it costs lots already.

(Northern folk don't understand the pain of forgetting your oyster) "

Alas I ou have a 5s so no Apple pay for me.

Point is it encourages people to remember because you can always get a freebie every time you need one.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Of the 4 clubs I've been to none of them leave condoms n lube in the rooms. I know for definite that 2 have them behind the bar, 1 give them free the other for sale. 1 club don't supply condoms at all and the 4th I have no idea.

But I always take my own in a small bag and would never contemplate using condoms left in a room, a pin prick is all it takes.

I am sure you would get them free like most clubs... And I would imagine the price is why you dont sell many. "

Pretty sure we purchase giant boxes of the things although I'm not in the procurement process so I don't know the details

Stockport

"I normally take my own - though trying to get durex extra strong on a Saturday night in Central Manchester was an epic fail "

Ha - Wow - I haven't seen those for 15 years...

I don't think they are even made any more as they were basically declared "pointless" scientifically vs normal condoms.

By *artners Club BuryCouple  over a year ago

Bury

We have complimentary lube & condoms behind our bar & reception ...

Staff are discreet, you just need to ask x

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Although I don`t need them, I always have a couple of latex free condoms with me when I go to Chams but I will have to keep them with me in the future when I go into the jaccuzzis as someone nearly always steals them if I leave them with my towel!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 16/09/15 22:47:48]

Then you should always carry your own. I would imagine they're not in abundance in rooms because people bring their own if they wish to play.

£1 for 1 condom??

At 50p was ridiculous! Especially when you pay a fair bit of money to get in places you shouldn't have to shell out for condoms too! "

The entrance fee for a club is for use of the facilities only, it is ludicrous to suggest they pay for condoms too, why on earth wouldn't you bring your own..

"Surely you shouldn't be relying on anyone else to provide them for you ?

"

I do carry my own thanks but to charge so much for a single condom is ridiculous

£1 for 1 condom??

At 50p was ridiculous! Especially when you pay a fair bit of money to get in places you shouldn't have to shell out for condoms too!

The entrance fee for a club is for use of the facilities only, it is ludicrous to suggest they pay for condoms too, why on earth wouldn't you bring your own.. "

As stated above I do take my own

Ugh the way people have responded to me (in private too) you'd think I was holding them to ransom, telling them they must have sex but denying all sex until they'd paid a small fortune for the only allowed condoms.

In reality the condoms are there as a back up as we advise everyone to bring their own.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Aberdeen is the club we frequent, and every room, as well as the corridors, have boxes containing condoms and lube. I've only been to After8 once and didn't notice as there was no playing occurring, and I've yet to try CJs

st andrews

I'm also confused as to why so many people seem to think that others wander round clubs putting holes in all the condoms

We always take our own as need latex free... And so far only one club has had latex free.

Clubs can get them for free so why would they charge for them

By *eanandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

Reading this thread makes me laugh, some people moaning about paying for a condom. How many of you book into a hotel to meet people, you pay around £80 for a room, yet you do not expect the hotel to supply condoms and lube in the room for you, yet you pay on average £25 to get into a club and expect the club to provide these free of charge. Try walking into tescos and ask them if you can have some condoms and lube for free because your a swinger or may be next time your in a premier inn try asking the reception if you can have some for free because your to tight to buy your own. Ffs people surly the person your are about to have sex with is worth paying for a condom.

"Reading this thread makes me laugh, some people moaning about paying for a condom. How many of you book into a hotel to meet people, you pay around £80 for a room, yet you do not expect the hotel to supply condoms and lube in the room for you, yet you pay on average £25 to get into a club and expect the club to provide these free of charge. Try walking into tescos and ask them if you can have some condoms and lube for free because your a swinger or may be next time your in a premier inn try asking the reception if you can have some for free because your to tight to buy your own. Ffs people surly the person your are about to have sex with is worth paying for a condom."

All I am saying is that the clubs get them for free... ( Or all the ones I have been too do from the gum or higgins trust.. )

So why would somewhere charge for something they are given so that they can give them away..

We never go without a big bag of our own....

By *eanandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

"Reading this thread makes me laugh, some people moaning about paying for a condom. How many of you book into a hotel to meet people, you pay around £80 for a room, yet you do not expect the hotel to supply condoms and lube in the room for you, yet you pay on average £25 to get into a club and expect the club to provide these free of charge. Try walking into tescos and ask them if you can have some condoms and lube for free because your a swinger or may be next time your in a premier inn try asking the reception if you can have some for free because your to tight to buy your own. Ffs people surly the person your are about to have sex with is worth paying for a condom.

All I am saying is that the clubs get them for free... ( Or all the ones I have been too do from the gum or higgins trust.. )

So why would somewhere charge for something they are given so that they can give them away..

We never go without a big bag of our own...."

That's a BIG assumption that all clubs get them for free . This is not the case, some clubs have to buy them and so they have a right to charge for them, just like supermarkets, chemists, vending machines, or should these be made to give them away free as well ????

"Reading this thread makes me laugh, some people moaning about paying for a condom. How many of you book into a hotel to meet people, you pay around £80 for a room, yet you do not expect the hotel to supply condoms and lube in the room for you, yet you pay on average £25 to get into a club and expect the club to provide these free of charge. Try walking into tescos and ask them if you can have some condoms and lube for free because your a swinger or may be next time your in a premier inn try asking the reception if you can have some for free because your to tight to buy your own. Ffs people surly the person your are about to have sex with is worth paying for a condom.

We never go without a big bag of our own....

That's a BIG assumption that all clubs get them for free . This is not the case, some clubs have to buy them and so they have a right to charge for them, just like supermarkets, chemists, vending machines, or should these be made to give them away free as well ????"

All clubs can get them for free.... I know this from time in that area... But even so... Having brought trade prices... Anything more than cost price is a bit steep considering safe sex is encouraged at clubs.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I'm also confused as to why so many people seem to think that others wander round clubs putting holes in all the condoms "

I'm pretty confused that people think that anyone apart from themselves are responsible for their sexual health. I go to the GUM every three months and get a bagful of condoms free from them, so I always take them to clubs with me.

"I'm also confused as to why so many people seem to think that others wander round clubs putting holes in all the condoms

I'm pretty confused that people think that anyone apart from themselves are responsible for their sexual health. I go to the GUM every three months and get a bagful of condoms free from them, so I always take them to clubs with me."

I get my free ones and hand them out at clubs to others as I can't use them... And it's been months since mine had any latex free. Was nice at the townhouse that they have latex free available too x I normally buy mine in bulk

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I'm also confused as to why so many people seem to think that others wander round clubs putting holes in all the condoms

I'm pretty confused that people think that anyone apart from themselves are responsible for their sexual health. I go to the GUM every three months and get a bagful of condoms free from them, so I always take them to clubs with me.

I get my free ones and hand them out at clubs to others as I can't use them... And it's been months since mine had any latex free. Was nice at the townhouse that they have latex free available too x I normally buy mine in bulk "

I am so lucky that my local GUM has latex-free

By *R and BlondieCouple  over a year ago

Bebington, wirral

We always have our own condoms, because we always play safe. We play at clubs and at home. I think it is shocking that people believe that condoms should be provided at clubs free of charge! You are responsible for your own protection simple! Whether that be pregancy or sexual disease! But as a staff member of Townhouse they provide free condoms and lube as we promote safe sex so no fucking excuse....

st andrews

I'm pretty confused that people think that anyone apart from themselves are responsible for their sexual health. I go to the GUM every three months and get a bagful of condoms free from them, so I always take them to clubs with me."

We don't need to take them to the club as Aberdeen supplies them in every room, and also has latex free if anyone needs them.

I always carry condoms at a meet, and visit the GUM clinic every few months. I carry a rubbish bag, lube and baby wipes too

By *eboudoirclubCouple  over a year ago

London

We suggest members should bring their own. Afterall you're going to a sex club, why wouldnt you?

But, for the forgetful (being polite), we also make condoms available from reception and we encourage (but don't enforce) a donation to the charity box for the Terence Higgins Trust to provoke a little thought about safe sex.

When you scatter condoms all around the club, they just get stolen on mass and lube gets slushed everywhere!

We do put condoms in a couple of place within the club - for instance in the vaults level where there is a magic wand, where, as well as having ant-bacterial spray, we encourage people to put a condom on before using - but we do literally see people filling their pockets.

The system seems to work well. most people sensibly bring their own, others know that they are available on reception.

Have fun xx

By *eboudoirclubCouple  over a year ago

London

PS, just missed a couple of points within the thread.

No, we don't get them for free. We have to buy them like Joe public.

Club newbie here. Mind if I ask a related question. Once dressed down where do you keep your condoms and lube?

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"Club newbie here. Mind if I ask a related question. Once dressed down where do you keep your condoms and lube?"

Ahhh... This can vary, but for us, Kate has a little sequinned "pouch" with them in.

Men in towels in the club we go to normally have their locker key on their wrists and keep them under there or tucked in the top of their towels.

Or do as one guy we saw... Just put one on at the start of the night and keep it on....

Personally I prefer the "pouch" approach.

I always take my own, as I know they fit well, are in date, and are latex free so nothing to stop play... If I ever get the chance.

D

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Club newbie here. Mind if I ask a related question. Once dressed down where do you keep your condoms and lube?"

I take a small bag with me, condoms, lube, small packet of wipes/tissues and hairband. Also useful for putting the locker key in, the jangling on the wrist drives me crazy

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"Club newbie here. Mind if I ask a related question. Once dressed down where do you keep your condoms and lube?

I take a small bag with me, condoms, lube, small packet of wipes/tissues and hairband. Also useful for putting the locker key in, the jangling on the wrist drives me crazy "

I must admit It always makes me giggle as it sounds like there are cats with bells on everywhere!

Especially if guys don't take them off... It can sound like a fire alarm at times!!

D

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

I'm a club newbie and I'm already in the habit of carrying a small bag with latex free condoms water based lube plus other bits and bobs.

But then I've been carrying condoms pretty much every day since I lost my virginity so going to a swinging club is neither here nor there when it comes to safe sex...

Stockport

"Reading this thread makes me laugh, some people moaning about paying for a condom.... Ffs people surly the person your are about to have sex with is worth paying for a condom."

For what it's worth... For me it wasn't the price of the condom, it was their free availability - Mainly down to encouragement of safer sex.

My comment was merely remarked that yes, normally I have condoms and lube in clubs, however, at that point, we found ourselves in an unexpected situation, and it was a "doh".

But indeed, there's not many places to carry condoms and lube around as a guy.

However, I have bought a running wrist wallet to see if that works / doesn't look daft to avoid such a "doh" in future.

Regards

Flames

By *immCouple  over a year ago

Stourport on Severn

"Club newbie here. Mind if I ask a related question. Once dressed down where do you keep your condoms and lube?

I take a small bag with me, condoms, lube, small packet of wipes/tissues and hairband. Also useful for putting the locker key in, the jangling on the wrist drives me crazy "

The thing that made me giggle is that all the stuff is for sex but the hairband makes me think you have skills

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I take a small bag with me, condoms, lube, small packet of wipes/tissues and hairband. Also useful for putting the locker key in, the jangling on the wrist drives me crazy

The thing that made me giggle is that all the stuff is for sex but the hairband makes me think you have skills "

Oh I have skills alright

Yep...we have our swing kit too...ditto on the hairband...the monkey knows I mean business when my hair goes up! We also add a little bottle of alcohol based hand gel to have a quick freshen up between partners without too much of a stop to spoil the flow of things...

If I ever went to a club or party, id take my own. (not sure where id put them though). I always take them when im going on a meet with someone.

Free condoms are not going to encourage us to have safe sex. The need to protects ourselves and be sensible is all the encouragement we need

We take our own but would be no way upset about having to buy them from the venue if we ran out. They are not exactly pricey let's face it.

Chams supply behind The bar free plus check details but also run a sexual health clinic there too x

If clubs were to leave baskets full of free condoms in each room, you can guarantee that some greedy gits would swipe them and keep them for themselves.

I don't see why clubs shouldn't charge for condoms, regardless of whether they get them for free or not. They are a business and entitled to make money where they see fit. People should take their own and if they forget then buy them or go out and get some or don't play.

It's an essential piece of kit. If you went to a golf club and forgot your clubs you'd have to pay a hire charge, it's the same concept.

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

saturday night a gent asked me for A condom, I passed it him and straight away asked for another. I replied that we are charging for them so I would put it on his bill. His quick response was 'no it's fine, I only need one.'

Some people take the piss x

"saturday night a gent asked me for A condom, I passed it him and straight away asked for another. I replied that we are charging for them so I would put it on his bill. His quick response was 'no it's fine, I only need one.'

Some people take the piss x"

Same...A guy asked for a condom, told him its chargeable. His response 'Ill leave it'...

"I think it's a case of you forget your own why shouldn't you have to pay? It's like saying I want to travel London Underground free today because I forgot my Oyster card and it costs lots already.

(Northern folk don't understand the pain of forgetting your oyster) "

Oh yes we do.. I travel home quite frequently via London. And I love my oyster card

The thing that made me giggle is that all the stuff is for sex but the hairband makes me think you have skills

Oh I have skills alright "

We call it a gobble bobble

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Oh I have skills alright

We call it a gobble bobble "

And that is why I always have a hairband

£1 for a condom in a swingers club is really bad!!

» Add a new message to this topic