FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Spice (Lanzarote) Closed Permanently

Spice (Lanzarote) Closed Permanently

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ot1nhorny2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Newport

What a shame, I have just read that Spice (Lanzarote) will be closing it's doors on a permanent basis.

It looks as though they could not find the funds to relocate.

Great great shame.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

Yes I just received the email. Sad news! We loved our first visit and we're so looking forward to returning.

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 02/06/16 13:19:07]

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Bang goes our wedding present prize!

By *rnycpl4funCouple  over a year ago

london

I'm gutted, we loved that place and we looking forward to another trip there soon. Hopefully it will be resurrected in the future.

north of Plymouth

"Yes I just received the email. Sad news! We loved our first visit and we're so looking forward to returning. "

We have just recieved the e mail as well. Just so pleased we didn't invest as we where thinking of it. Bought a bigger boat instead for swinging holidays lol. Just hope the people who did invest get there money back.

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

"Yes I just received the email. Sad news! We loved our first visit and we're so looking forward to returning.

We have just recieved the e mail as well. Just so pleased we didn't invest as we where thinking of it. Bought a bigger boat instead for swinging holidays lol. Just hope the people who did invest get there money back. "

Maybe crowd funding would have been the better option for them

We would have invested but they wanted too much for us to justify it. I guess if more had invested the new site would have gone ahead.

Very disappointing though.

West Bromwich

"Yes I just received the email. Sad news! We loved our first visit and we're so looking forward to returning.

We have just recieved the e mail as well. Just so pleased we didn't invest as we where thinking of it. Bought a bigger boat instead for swinging holidays lol. Just hope the people who did invest get there money back. "

Can we get a copy/paste email on here...just so we all know source.

West Bromwich

...and is it Spice totally closing, or just Spice 2 not happening?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"...and is it Spice totally closing, or just Spice 2 not happening?"

It is with deepest regret we have to announce Spice will be closing its doors on the 12th June 2016.

In December 2015 the freeholder of Spice 1 declined to renew our lease which expired 4th April 2016. We negotiated an extension to 12th June and successfully identified an alternative location but were unfortunately unable to raise the funds needed within the time-frame.

We are committed to closing the business with as little collateral damage as possible but of course, there are casualties. Some of you were looking forward to holidays, the team have lost their jobs and Europe loses its touch of Spice.

Until then, our doors are open and we, together with our dedicated staff are here to assist the best we can.

If you have a reservation after 12th June, 2016 you will hear from us personally via email within the next 48-hours.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, we assure you of our best intentions.

Yours faithfully

Tracy & Dean

West Bromwich

"...and is it Spice totally closing, or just Spice 2 not happening?

It is with deepest regret we have to announce Spice will be closing its doors on the 12th June 2016.

In December 2015 the freeholder of Spice 1 declined to renew our lease which expired 4th April 2016. We negotiated an extension to 12th June and successfully identified an alternative location but were unfortunately unable to raise the funds needed within the time-frame.

We are committed to closing the business with as little collateral damage as possible but of course, there are casualties. Some of you were looking forward to holidays, the team have lost their jobs and Europe loses its touch of Spice.

Until then, our doors are open and we, together with our dedicated staff are here to assist the best we can.

If you have a reservation after 12th June, 2016 you will hear from us personally via email within the next 48-hours.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, we assure you of our best intentions.

Yours faithfully

Tracy & Dean"

Both then...what a shame.

By *eboudoirclubCouple  over a year ago

London

Just got the email too.

Very, very sad news. A great team at Spice and we really enjoyed our time there. They were terrifically supportive of this club since we opened last year.

It just shows how hard the commercial reality behind running a lifestyle business is. Hopefully the staff will find some good fortune in the near future.

xx

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Real shame. There again they where putting out email's saying thing where going well at the new place and asking for investors. . Sad and very strange

West Bromwich

"Real shame. There again they where putting out email's saying thing where going well at the new place and asking for investors. . Sad and very strange"
Think its called "putting on a brave face", lot of it going on these days.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Well thats a bolt out the blue. The last we heard that spice 2 was coming along nicely and would be opening soon and on time, how very strange? Such a shame as we are booked to go in November.

north of Plymouth

"Well thats a bolt out the blue. The last we heard that spice 2 was coming along nicely and would be opening soon and on time, how very strange? Such a shame as we are booked to go in November. "

Sorry to hear that guys hope you get your money back.

All I would say with alot of clubs is they find the market do well then they start putting prices up they get bookings but not as many as they had. And agree they wanted to much money to invest. Sure they will get bailed out later in the year

By *uperman n LoisCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Such a shame as we had a fantastic holiday there last Year. Hope all the staff find new employment.

We've booked for this October too. Flights booked so a Villa in Playa Blanca I think now! Any Spice refugees want to party with us we are there with a few other couples on the 12th Oct for a week.

All the best to the Spice team x

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Awww. We still have three unused days.

But terrible to hear of anyone's business closing down.

We wish them luck for the future - I'm sure the industry will soak up the staff very quickly.

Cat and Tag XXX

Such a shame! We were there just two weeks ago.

By *-and-LCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Very sad to hear this, We've been twice and it was a great place with wonderful staff. We're booked to go with friends in 7 weeks time but that's not going to be happening now. Thankfully we only paid the deposit and were about to pay the rest of the balance this weekend.

Last we heard from them everything was on schedule for opening a couple of days before we got there, they cancelled our previous booking a couple of months ago as it was to be during the switchover period to the new place so we rescheduled our flights which cost a bit but we felt was worth it.

Can't even cancel the flights as they're non-refundable by the airline so we'll have to try and find a villa for when we're out there. If anyone knows of any particular sites that are reasonably priced for a villa (private pool preferred) at the end of July/ beginning of August in Lanzarote please pm us.

Wish the staff all the best though and hope they find new employment very soon as they're all lovely people.

Such a shame that spice is closing its doors, had a couple of visits to there and had a good time.

Do fill for the staff hope they find new jobs soon.

Like some of you on here I to was looking to invest I was hoping the euro would drop a bit but couldn't justify the amount they wanted at the time

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I was there in December and had a lovely time.

I am really sorry to hear that they are closing and the reasons behind it. I do hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible for all involved.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

What a bloody shame!! I'm always really sad to hear of someones business (their baby) folding xx

By *isst123Couple  over a year ago

Gutted.

We were due to go there in August. Just finished paying the full amount, plus flights. No idea where we stand now

By *anandbecksCouple  over a year ago

wingrave

Such a huge shame!!!!

We've only been once before but enjoyed it so much we were planning on returning soon.

Staff and customers were all fantastic !!!

Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

By *imbexCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

Phew. Sorry for all those who stand to lose out and feel very lucky to be going out on 4th june and back on 11th. No excuse not to eat all the food, drink all the drink and be on the look out for souvenirs... and party till the end.

West Bromwich

"Such a huge shame!!!!

We've only been once before but enjoyed it so much we were planning on returning soon.

Staff and customers were all fantastic !!!

Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?"

There's La Mirage, Gran Canaria, and then a good number of smaller swing clubs on islands, but next choice for us would be Cap d'Agde, France.

By *anandbecksCouple  over a year ago

wingrave

Anyone think that

.casapatricia

Or

la-macarena.com

Could compare to spice ?

By *S42010Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We are booked to go on 11-18th October, we will be looking at booking a villa.If anyone fancies sharing a place for the week please get in touch. So glad they wanted too much to invest as we were thinking about it !

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We're booked for 20th-27th of August! Absolutely gutted and do feel we were sold the holiday under false pretences to be honest they were selling spice 2 and they knew damn well it wasn't secured. I hate to see a business fail but that is incredible unfair to customers to not be honest.

We too can't cancel flights and get a refund so we will be looking for alternative accommodation. Anyone else going that week that wants to hook up for a drink or do we have to try and pull in a 'nilla bar? Lol

By *aileyandBunnyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands/Chard Somerset

Really sad to hear the news of the demise of Spice. The 6 trips to Spice were a new begining and adventures in our lifestyle. We have met some wonderful people and have retained lasting friendships. We would always be looking forward to our trip and are searching for where else can capture the atmosphere of Spice.

Wishing the best to all the staff at Spice.

I can't imagine how Dean and Tracey are feeling right now, having built a business myself from the begining it must be devastating to lose it all.

Theres obviously a need for a new resort to opening in the canaries, lets hope this happens.

We just back from our 4th visit to Spice and what a week it was. Such a shame it could not survive. We were booked in for a few days in August but just changed flights to Gran Canaria and booked LA Mirage. Couldn't face the prospect of a vanilla holiday. To all those we have net up with at Spice. We have never laughed so much while naked and it was great fun. We hope our paths cross again. Off we go to LA Mirage to hear the shout of....." Fresh meat"

By *orgeous_sexCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Gutted.

Where else is there?

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Gutted.

Where else is there?"

Blackpool! Club F have a finca in Spain if that fails, details on their website.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Such a shame we really enjoyed our holiday there last year. We did think about investing but the amount was more than we could justify.

La Mirage in Gran Canaria

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Phew. Sorry for all those who stand to lose out and feel very lucky to be going out on 4th june and back on 11th. No excuse not to eat all the food, drink all the drink and be on the look out for souvenirs... and party till the end. "

Hope there is food and drink there for you to have. Also the staff to look after you. James will be off as quick as lightening. Someone said previous that it was called putting on a brave face.

I feel differently

By *ousteCouple  over a year ago

Newark

We are also hearing that staff have not been paid and that it was never going to happen with Spice 2. Why have customers only found out yesterday about their up coming holidays, you can't tell me this was not known ages ago?

We have friends at Spice this week for the party , we usually go this week as well (been twice) , they have paid their deposits for Spice 2 in September and are unclear whether they will be refunded . If you have paid by credit card suggest you get your claims in now as I don't recall any ATOL guarantees on the deal you take up at the resort. It was a great place but we noticed the change from 2014 to 2015 (the original promise of branded only drinks , waiter service to your sin loungers dirty jacuzzi) we told them our concerns by email but did not get a response. Met some great people there and is a great shame

By *ousteCouple  over a year ago

Newark

We have just checked all our messages to James over the last 4 month regarding the new resort (Spice 2) he never lied once regarding the resort to us or his friends on facebook, but he never gave a reply either!

By *ensual and sexyCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 03/06/16 12:47:07]

By *ensual and sexyCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 03/06/16 12:50:32]

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

It's all very sad for all involved

By *lirty05Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

We were due to go in October and now face loosing a large amount of money having paid in full for a week . We only hope that Spice do right by their customers. but I fear I'll be looking to the visa company to pick up the pieces .

So if anyone has or knows of somewhere to stay between 17th - 24th Oct let us know.

So received mail now and they are not honouring giving our money back. Tracy and Dean I hope you never allowed to run business again....you are so dishonest only two weeks ago telling everyone everything on track and you knew it was not but kept taking people's money, how do you sleep at night....well I expect ,after all You don't have any respect for the people who trusted you , YOU only you are responsible for running this business into the ground...you got greedy?

north of Plymouth

"So received mail now and they are not honouring giving our money back. Tracy and Dean I hope you never allowed to run business again....you are so dishonest only two weeks ago telling everyone everything on track and you knew it was not but kept taking people's money, how do you sleep at night....well I expect ,after all You don't have any respect for the people who trusted you , YOU only you are responsible for running this business into the ground...you got greedy?"

Well said we thought that years ago I am sure they have a nice little nest egg somewhere. I just hope the people who did invest in good faith call the police in. So glad we didn't invest Alan had done some checks through his solicitor and they said don't do it. We had been out there 8 times and met some wonderful people I am sure something will turn up for us like minded people.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 03/06/16 23:53:36]

Leicestershire

"So received mail now and they are not honouring giving our money back. Tracy and Dean I hope you never allowed to run business again....you are so dishonest only two weeks ago telling everyone everything on track and you knew it was not but kept taking people's money, how do you sleep at night....well I expect ,after all You don't have any respect for the people who trusted you , YOU only you are responsible for running this business into the ground...you got greedy?"

It's ok though as many people are choosing to donate their hard earned money to reduce their debt! Jesus christ, what about our holiday that we worked da.ned hard to save for!? They took that money knowing full well they didn't actually have a premises. Deceitful and dishonest. Whoever said they haven't actually lied is wrong g they lied plenty!

Space 2 is well on track and on schedule we were told. Er yeah right.

We have flights booked on 23rd sept for a week. Now booked villa in playa blanca if any others are there that week.

So glad we didn't invest.

By *urreymojoCouple  over a year ago

Ascot

We were going to make a late booking for that same week (Sept) yesterday..we were never totally enamoured with the place but it did offer an alternative to Cap..so sorry for those that lost out with their bookings and fear that those staying there until the end will probably have to fend for themselves. James is a superhero and hope he gets fixed up.

By *uncouple99Couple  over a year ago

colchester ish

Yes we booked and paid for a week to be used this year. Did it at the end of our holiday last year. Looks like we are going to have to claim back on credit card too. Was really looking forward to staying at spice 2. What a shame.

By *S42010Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We have managed to book a villa in Playa Blanca for the 4 of us so at least our flights won't be wasted. If anyone is out there 11-18th Oct then get in touch as we will be a having a party or two!

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

Tracy and Dean knew full well it was not going to happen some staff members not paid two moths ago as lack of funds, bet T & D come out of it ok, so sad for those who lost money on their holidays.

Portsmouth

We were there in May and went up to look at the new spice, NOTHING was being done, no one was there and it was empty and dirty.

I did say to my other half what if it's all a con.......

Leicestershire

"We were there in May and went up to look at the new spice, NOTHING was being done, no one was there and it was empty and dirty.

I did say to my other half what if it's all a con......."

Everyone loses a ton of money.

The last email basically said..

If you want your money back we will pass your details to the administrators.

We know people in the scene and may be able to help you with an alternative.

Lastly if you want to donate it to our cause wed appreciate it thanks.

Most people have economy flights out there, we do. With flight insurance... guess what, their not refundable and flight insurance doesn't cover issue with the resort as it's for the flights only.

We are now fighting to try and get the flights transfer to gran canaria. So far we've spent £25 on phone calls and we're still not done.

On another r note Thomas Cook are having issues over an hour wait time just to talk to someone!

Well get there in the end, just glad we hadn't paid the full amount otherwise we wouldn't be having a holiday. Still as long as Dean and Tracy can have one all will be well.

north of Plymouth

James at spice posted this in the Spain forum

IM james the entertainer at spice

it has been a shock to me and the tema that Spice is closing on the 12th of June….I can’t believe how fast that my inbox has been over loaded with emails of love and best wishes. So I thank you all for your kind words xxx.

I won’t lie when I say it’s a sad time but at least I can say me and the team can hold our heads high and know that we help create one of the best Adult playgrounds in the world.

I would first like to say it has been a true honour to be a part of Europe’s first All-inclusive lifestyle resort. I think I can say on behalf of everyone when I say the place has a magic about it.

Everyday consisted of the perfect cycle of perfect couples coming and going….Partying daily with the required time to chill and be alone.

Couples from all over the world would take up to 5 planes to come and enjoy the Spice lifestyle. Day after Day for the past 6 Years I have met and spoke to the majority of couples that came through our doors. Whether it be to come with the intention to have a great time and party and play as much as possible or the fresh newbies trying something daring and taking the leap out of the vanilla world and into our open minded society.

I guess I can say I have taken a lot of vanilla virgins in my time…whether it’s helping guide them through their first days or sacrificing them on a Friday evening lol.

But what I will miss is the ambience during the day where you will find a mix of naked bodies of all ages’ sizes and nationalities lounging around the pool, if they are not soaking up the sun they are around interacting, laughing, playing, sucking and you know the rest.

Now I would like to thank the whole team for all their help and support over the years whether work or personal related. We have become like family and I hope remain like family forever. It has been a pleasure to work alongside all of you….and I wish everyone good luck in the nearby future. It’s a fact that many of you will remember such characters as Monica, Fran, Cristina, Kelly, Samuel, PATRICIO, Angel, Lydia and many more.

It’s right that they should all get the recognition they deserve for delivering a great service over the years so I salute you all.

I started out as the only entertainer around a pool with 4 couples and then grew into a team with a full house….my fantastic team consisted of Monse, CoCo, Sophia, DJ Matt, and Angel, Yurena and Mistress bailey and of Corse my fly in wife Keri graham the diamante doll. Thank you all for being a GREAT TEAM xxx Love you all

So on that note it’s good to add that Spice has served so many of us for the past 6 years and im sure it will stay in our hearts for many more years to come. So let us remember all the good times and smile from time to time. Let us remember spice as a historical moment in the lifestyle world.

If you have any sexy or funny stories that you experienced at spice the please write me in my inbox.

You never know it could be used for a book lol…

So in the next few months I will be taking a mini break, possibly hosting a couple of reunion parties and preparing for future projects. If you have any ideas or suggestions, you know I’m open to all hehe.

If you want to know more about a reunion night or future projects...or if your coming over to lanzarote and you dont have accomodation i will be putting together some alternatives.

so for more info contact me on my private account jamesafroun@gmail.com

Let the countdown begin I have 9 more days to go, The weather is right, the people are right and the ambience definitely right hard-core all round. Let us finish Spice with a Bang….. So for now I wish you all good night and sweet dreams and I hope we will ALL cross paths soon.

Lots of Dirty Love

James xxx

Portsmouth

James is Spice, always will be the best entertainer that made probably everyone's holiday there. It's an honour to know him and hopefully we'll meet again.

Just got back from our last ever visit. We were there when the announcement came out. It's such a shame as the buzz and atmosphere were still there. Full marks to the staff for remaining in post when they could have all walked!

The owners wanted the venue back, the rent kept going up and Thomsons wanted it and had the big bucks to get it. It's very sad and our hearts go out to everyone who has lost money.

We will always have our memories like my first ever night when James asked me to judge a dancing competition and one contestant wanted to win so much she whipped out my cock and gave me a blow job!!!' X

By *orwich nice and naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Sorry to her the news ... we had paid a deposit for October after having such a great week with you in March this year even if the weather wasnt great. You certainly made the it a warm ... no hot evening in the club and made our holiday flow.

If you get involved in anything else re parties etc would love to meet up again. Keep in touch am sure you will be successful

Tony and Val x

By *ananafaceMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Shame Spice closed but Any couples or females fancy a meet in Lanzarote please message me. I am working on the Island and looking for fun, whether social, soft or full x

» Add a new message to this topic