FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Swingfields; is it cancelled?!

Swingfields; is it cancelled?!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've heard a rumour that Swingfields has been cancelled.

Is this true or not?!! ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I've heard a rumour that Swingfields has been cancelled.

Is this true or not?!! ??"

hahahahahahahaha no one has told the organisers yet lol, WTF are we gonna do with a living room full of condoms, baby wipes and bin bags????

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this true or not?!! ??"

And where did you hear this rubbish

Pmsl!! Phew; thank fook for that!

And I think you should invite users for 'answers on a postcode' for your question! ??

Is this true or not?!! ??

And where did you hear this rubbish"

From a fellow fab member who has seen status updates by other me nerves to that effect.

Gloucester

Just out of interest has anyone else seen any other statuses saying that Swingfields is cancelled or just this guy and his fellow fab member

"Just out of interest has anyone else seen any other statuses saying that Swingfields is cancelled or just this guy and his fellow fab member "

Haven't seen any that refer to it...

xx

I have reported this thread as commercial spam

If it's not it's in the wrong forum anyway lol

"I have reported this thread as commercial spam

If it's not it's in the wrong forum anyway lol"

Thanks a bunch! I have posted this because I was genuinely worried as I have paid a lot of money to attend and I'm looking forward to it!!

This is posted in the club ads/events forum. Sorry if it's in the wrong place; we can't all be perfect like you obviously!

If you are one of the organisers perhaps think about how you have just sounded; dismissing the concerns of a customer.

Rumours are just that. If you want facts ask the organisers!

"Rumours are just that. If you want facts ask the organisers! "

It's only natural to be worried; especially as Spice has just gone belly up.

By *orgeouslyyoursWoman  over a year ago

essex just looking around

There arent many fab profiles let alone statuses that are truthful .. Im surprised how many people fell for this one xx

Thanks a bunch! I have posted this because I was genuinely worried as I have paid a lot of money to attend and I'm looking forward to it!!

This is posted in the club ads/events forum. Sorry if it's in the wrong place; we can't all be perfect like you obviously!

If you are one of the organisers perhaps think about how you have just sounded; dismissing the concerns of a customer. "

Your question had already been answered but maybe you would have been better getting intouch with swingfields for an answer than posting in a forum

Gloucester

"Rumours are just that. If you want facts ask the organisers!

It's only natural to be worried; especially as Spice has just gone belly up. "

We're not Spice, we've not been selling places for a venue that we haven't got.

If you are one of the organisers perhaps think about how you have just sounded; dismissing the concerns of a customer.

Your question had already been answered but maybe you would have been better getting intouch with swingfields for an answer than posting in a forum "

Clearly my question had not been answered; otherwise I would not have posted the question on here.

Maybe I wanted to see if others had heard the rumour too, so that the organisers could address any concerns from other fab members?

Good business acumen would suggest that if a supplier/sponsor of an event implies a customer is lying and reports their thread as spam, that they should actually take their customer's concerns seriously and at least offer an apology for disbelieving a genuine concern.

Forums help to confirm or dispel myths.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I would say that you would be best going straight to the horses mouth

The swingfields team are contactable directly on here, on Twitter and on their website.

It's best not to fan the flames of a rumour by posting on a public forum. Give the organisers a few days to get back to you as they have the biggest lifestyle event of the year on their doorstep, then if you don't get an answer, ask discretely on here. There are plenty of us who have been actively involved, so a PM would be an option.

You've had your answer now, so admin really should close and remove this thread as it will cause havoc

See you at Swingfields xx

[Removed by poster at 06/06/16 20:49:29]

Thank you

By *unLuvazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Shame I saw this thread. It really worried me. It would have been far better to contact the organisers directly , rather than post a rumour on the main forums for possibly hundreds to see. You muppet !

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

THIS IS NOT TRUE AND SF16 IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED .... End of story that somebody has begun for commercially motivated "troublemaking" .... But thankyou OP for raising it , you can now tell your "friend" ...,,,

"Shame I saw this thread. It really worried me. It would have been far better to contact the organisers directly , rather than post a rumour on the main forums for possibly hundreds to see. You muppet ! "

We heard a rumour that Thursday has been cancelled but only for this week.. has anyone else heard thus coz we've got no idea what we are meant to do for 24 hours!

"Shame I saw this thread. It really worried me. It would have been far better to contact the organisers directly , rather than post a rumour on the main forums for possibly hundreds to see. You muppet ! "

Thank you for your perspective. Muppet? I'd rather be Animal than Miss Piggy.

By *unlovers70Couple  over a year ago

Overseas

"Shame I saw this thread. It really worried me. It would have been far better to contact the organisers directly , rather than post a rumour on the main forums for possibly hundreds to see. You muppet !

Thank you for your perspective. Muppet? I'd rather be Animal than Miss Piggy. "

Am shocked that someone can't ask a question on here without getting beat down by the organisers! It's a genuine question that just needed to be answered without malice or venom! :-0

At last; an intelligent response! Thank you.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I'd say it's more the organisers have a grudge with him... Maybe coz he's a single guy??

OP... You have done nothing wrong in asking on the forum. I'm sure if admin thought it was a issue they would have closed or removed it.

Have a great time

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm not sure I'd want to go after the way I'd been treated if I was the op

"I'm not sure I'd want to go after the way I'd been treated if I was the op "

Seriously? Jesus how do some people manage to function on a daily basis?

I think this is getting out of hand personally. Somebody asked question, it has been answered. Whether somebody did something right or wrong whoever the concerned party may be, things are getting a little nasty with sarcastic replies and insults.

Just thought I'd stick my neutral 2p in

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Wow! Honest question and got stomped on. Ridiculous!

"I'm not sure I'd want to go after the way I'd been treated if I was the op "

Funny you should say that!

"I think this is getting out of hand personally. Somebody asked question, it has been answered. Whether somebody did something right or wrong whoever the concerned party may be, things are getting a little nasty with sarcastic replies and insults.

Just thought I'd stick my neutral 2p in "

This seems to be the case in most threads on the forums lately .

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Single guy couple whatever a person status they are a concerned customer, if these are answers from genuine Swingfield organisers they need a bit of PR training as they come across rude & unprofessional & would put off anyone new from going.

A normal straight answer was all the guy needed but instead finds abuse, imagine how good this could be with proper people running the show.

"Single guy couple whatever a person status they are a concerned customer, if these are answers from genuine Swingfield organisers they need a bit of PR training as they come across rude & unprofessional & would put off anyone new from going.

A normal straight answer was all the guy needed but instead finds abuse, imagine how good this could be with proper people running the show. "

Thank you; Fellow voice of reason. Swinging is a relatively new experience for me, but internet abuse and being trolled is now the newest.

I'm glad to be able to say that I've had some lovely personal supportive messages explaining that they've had similar treatment for daring to raise a question.

Clacton on Sea

"Single guy couple whatever a person status they are a concerned customer, if these are answers from genuine Swingfield organisers they need a bit of PR training as they come across rude & unprofessional & would put off anyone new from going.

A normal straight answer was all the guy needed but instead finds abuse, imagine how good this could be with proper people running the show. "

I will rephrase that last bit as it was wrong of me to say to say "proper people running" the the show & for that i do apologize guys.

nr beauly

A normal straight answer was all the guy needed but instead finds abuse, imagine how good this could be with proper people running the show.

I will rephrase that last bit as it was wrong of me to say to say "proper people running" the the show & for that i do apologize guys."

Thanks ??, we try our best lol xx

Clacton on Sea

Thank you; Fellow voice of reason. Swinging is a relatively new experience for me, but internet abuse and being trolled is now the newest.

I'm glad to be able to say that I've had some lovely personal supportive messages explaining that they've had similar treatment for daring to raise a question. "

The forums aren't that bad really mate, you will get the usual jokers abusing people but they are beneath your notice so you ignore them & carry on.

Swingfields has an uphill battle to keep things running on schedule & because of its success there are a few that would like to muscle in & ruin things etc so i think they thought your post was to spread panic rather than a genuine one.

Hope you have a great time here on Fab & enjoy Swingfields.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Rumours are just that. If you want facts ask the organisers! "

I think asking them is a good plan, but it needs to be done publicly like this thread. that way people can judge how they are dealing with the rumour e.g. answering the actual question or brushing it aside/trying to get the thread deleted can all help people to decide.

nr beauly

"Rumours are just that. If you want facts ask the organisers!

I think asking them is a good plan, but it needs to be done publicly like this thread. that way people can judge how they are dealing with the rumour e.g. answering the actual question or brushing it aside/trying to get the thread deleted can all help people to decide."

Its been addressed and answered xx

What a bunch of babies!!!

Abuse ? Really

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The organisers responded promptly without abuse. Swingfields is a well run event that is in its 4th year. They are excellent at keeping ticket holders informed via email. If people who arent going decide to post a rumour on here instead of contacting the organisers, thus scaring some ticket holders, then of course people will get snappy. Why stir up a wasps nest?

I'm still going and very much looking forward to it.

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"What a bunch of babies!!!

Abuse ? Really "

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

The OP was only asking a question ...as he thought someone might know ....

Be nice to each other ...

nr beauly

"The organisers responded promptly without abuse. Swingfields is a well run event that is in its 4th year. They are excellent at keeping ticket holders informed via email. If people who arent going decide to post a rumour on here instead of contacting the organisers, thus scaring some ticket holders, then of course people will get snappy. Why stir up a wasps nest?

I'm still going and very much looking forward to it."

Thankyou xxx we try to make sure we welcome all and cannot understand why this thread has become so nasty thankyou all who continue to support and develop the event and comment good or bad constructively xxx

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

"The organisers responded promptly without abuse. Swingfields is a well run event that is in its 4th year. They are excellent at keeping ticket holders informed via email. If people who arent going decide to post a rumour on here instead of contacting the organisers, thus scaring some ticket holders, then of course people will get snappy. Why stir up a wasps nest?

I'm still going and very much looking forward to it.

Thankyou xxx we try to make sure we welcome all and cannot understand why this thread has become so nasty thankyou all who continue to support and develop the event and comment good or bad constructively xxx"

I'd never even heard of it until this thread!

By *eallylove2lickCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Please everyone, calm down!

For the record Swingfields is brilliantly organised by volunteers whose motivation is providing their guests with a sociable and safe environment in which to let their hair down if they so choose.

They work extremely hard to put on a fantastic event. There will always be criticisms but you can't please everyone, from what we understand the event just gets better & better each year. Last year was our first Swingfields and we're counting the days until the 30th June (currently 23!)

And before anyone asks: No, we're not allied to the SF team, we're just proud to be invited to be there as traders, we wish that all the events that we work at during the Summer months were as professionally organised as Swingfields.

Relax, come along and have fun!

Having met fungloscouple, whilst on holiday in Portugal, I can only say that they are two of the most welcoming and friendly people, you could hope to meet. I haven't attended a Swingfields event(yet) but the enthusiasm and the attention to detail, as we conversed about it, along with it's increasing popularity, speak volumes, over and above any rumours, or random status updates.

Have a blast and keep it growing.....and bring it to Ireland one year soon!! D

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

OP. I apologise if calling you a muppet was offensive. I am not associated with the Swingfields organisers, but do attend regularly.

It is extremely well run and a fabulous swinging camping extravaganza.

I was annoyed that you really worried me by posting this thread for all to see. I have been due to attend festivals in the past that have been cancelled at short notice and I have lost out on lots of money as well as not having the fun break from the kids I had looked forward to.

My main problem with your post is why you put it for all the world to see ? If you had contacted the swingfields site or contacted one of the people involved by personal message. You would have found out without scaring all the other people going.

I now realise that you are new and didn't think about the consequences of asking the question in an open forum. Worrying several hundred people unnecessarily.

Good news. SWINGFIELDS IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED. I will see you there OP and am sure you will have a great time. I might even buy you a beer to apologise for calling you a muppet

"Shame I saw this thread. It really worried me. It would have been far better to contact the organisers directly , rather than post a rumour on the main forums for possibly hundreds to see. You muppet !

Thank you for your perspective. Muppet? I'd rather be Animal than Miss Piggy.

Am shocked that someone can't ask a question on here without getting beat down by the organisers! It's a genuine question that just needed to be answered without malice or venom! :-0"

Just to say, the organisers did not answer with malice or venom, please read the thread. I answered the OP privately, so as not to feed rumour control! SF 2016 will be opening as stated on the website unless you hear an official statement to the contrary. Please be nice to each other and to all our lovely customers, see you soon xx

I've now read the entire thread 3 times and I still can't fine where the organisers of Swingfields or anyone associated with them have posted anything to cause offence to the OP.

The only posts from them have been to answer the question posted.

The only negative posts towards the OP that I have read in here have been posted by forum users in general using the FREE SPEECH that the OP then so rightly says that he is entitled to but obviously nobody else is.

Anyone saying that the organisers are out of order on this thread really do need to read the thread again and maybe think about adding an apology.

By the way, just to make it very, very clear I'm nothing to do with Swingfields or the organisers of Swingfields. I went for the first time last year and had such a fantastic time that I booked for this year as soon as the tickets went on sale. I can't wait until the end of the month to be back at Swingfields

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I thought my response was very level and not venomous at all! It was a helpful response, in that I was guiding a new person on the scene in how to get the answers he needs from various sources.

To be clear, we are the very proud sponsors of Swingfields, very much part of the event and represent ourselves and the event with the utmost professionalism at all times

xxxx

"I thought my response was very level and not venomous at all! It was a helpful response, in that I was guiding a new person on the scene in how to get the answers he needs from various sources.

To be clear, we are the very proud sponsors of Swingfields, very much part of the event and represent ourselves and the event with the utmost professionalism at all times

xxxx"

Did nothing wrong here op

After the drama last year of lots losing money for certain events I'm positive swingfields are more than happy to show all is still good for them this year .

And yes it's good to make sure of these things

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yeah, I'm not affiliated to SF in anyway, just an enthusiastic participant.

"Yeah, I'm not affiliated to SF in anyway, just an enthusiastic participant. "

Very enthusiastic lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You did nothing wrong by asking the question OP. If you had heard rumours then other people may have too, so an answer on the forum is a good thing surely for the organisers to put the record straight.

What I would say is, there was no need to tell the man what he should have done instead if he wants to post it on here he can.

Another thought, just incase someone is being malicious, if anyone sees a status about SF being cancelled maybe it would be a good idea to report it

A fortnight ago I read on the forums there was a rumour Spice was going into liquidation. That was enough for me to decide to wait until Spice 2 was opened to book flights and pay a deposit. I'm pleased I did, we were lucky and thankful someone had posted that. It hadn't crossed my mind until then the new venture wasn't a sure thing.

I'm not sure the OP did anything wrong here so long as he, as he has said, was asking a genuine question with no commercial interest.

I think the main problem is its difficult to tell which responses were from forum users and which from the organisers, so it could have been misinterpreted by outsiders it was those involved.

However great news it's going ahead as planned. We are looking forward to our first jaunt to SF and hoping for great weather.

I'm glad this is all sorted. It got rather heated! Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful time and I'm so glad it's on.

Love to all and please feel free to check out my veri's to see what I am truly like as they confirm I'm actually a nice chap!

R xx

» Add a new message to this topic