FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Is Fab destroying the Club scene?

Is Fab destroying the Club scene?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aster-Gentle OP   Man  over a year ago

PRESTON ,

On a recent visit to a club on a Friday night - party night I found the turn out was so low that it was hardly worth myself and the group of friends worth going. I'd had several other invites on the same night to meet at other clubs - it turns out they also had low turn outs. The club I visited suggested it was Fab that was killing the clubs. My view is that the prices for clubs for far too long has discriminated against single males. If clubs want to restrict single males they should have a guest list and charge the same as a single female.

Clubs are now competing against a wave of people who simply cannot afford clubs and would rather meet at someone's house.. All it costs is their fuel or a Taxi fare..yesterday I was at a friends BBQ ..I was the duty driver.. We all had a great time and because we know each other the atmosphere was relaxed and very sexual. And everyone got fed and got home safely and it didn't cost a fortune.. So are Clubs in decline or could we pull together and get them packed out again? Thoughts please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Being on fab is nothing to do with clubs and whether we go to them, to be honest. We much prefer a club than a meet in someone's home or a hotel. The thing that puts us off a club is the club itself, the vibe, the numbers or whatever doesn't suit us .... a club moaning about fab is like a single man moaning about couples ... that club should look to itself first and see what it offers and if this is what people want. I think there are many clubs where lots of people go, but they have to know their market. Business basically ... no point in blaming someone else for it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well options I suppose are good....

Wow, in our opinion in no way is fab having a negative effect on club attendance, in fact it is the opposite, clubs can advertise freely on here and be the adverts seen by a captive, interested audience, lots of events have guest list etc on here so everyone can see who is going etc...

Yes private meets are cheaper generally but it's a different night and many like is like to mix it up between the two, the age old single guy priced out of the market cliche

Supply & demand, most busy clubs in major cities have large numbers of single guys to fulfil there quotas on most nights, some of the rural clubs struggle but they also struggle with numbers across the spectrum, due to location etc xxx

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The number of people on fab and not going to clubs is far outweighed by the number of people not on fab going to clubs.

Clubs are clubs. ...house meets are housemeets ......

"The number of people on fab and not going to clubs is far outweighed by the number of people not on fab going to clubs. "

And you evidence of that? X

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The amount of people I speak to at clubs who are not on Fab and have no intention of being on Fab suggests that the club in question is wrong. I suspect the lack of people is either due to lack of money, impending school holidays, or the fact that you just picked a quiet night.

That's like saying that home cooking is killing restaurants!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"That's like saying that home cooking is killing restaurants! "

What they said

I don't think there is any link between here and clubs that's detrimental to the clubs. In fact if anything it's the opposite. Fab helps people to know what's going on where and when. We have a large circle of friends and we regularly meet at different clubs. Normal as an upshot of conversations held in the chat rooms. Club pricing is an entirely different subject, that in my mind is linked to supply and demand. Hence the clubs can charge more for males as there are a lot that want to go.

By *inkerbell16Woman  over a year ago

Warrington/runcorn/ widnes

"On a recent visit to a club on a Friday night - party night I found the turn out was so low that it was hardly worth myself and the group of friends worth going. I'd had several other invites on the same night to meet at other clubs - it turns out they also had low turn outs. The club I visited suggested it was Fab that was killing the clubs. My view is that the prices for clubs for far too long has discriminated against single males. If clubs want to restrict single males they should have a guest list and charge the same as a single female.

Clubs are now competing against a wave of people who simply cannot afford clubs and would rather meet at someone's house.. All it costs is their fuel or a Taxi fare..yesterday I was at a friends BBQ ..I was the duty driver.. We all had a great time and because we know each other the atmosphere was relaxed and very sexual. And everyone got fed and got home safely and it didn't cost a fortune.. So are Clubs in decline or could we pull together and get them packed out again? Thoughts please.

"

You have a point MG, i have been on the scene for many years, round this time of year there is a decline due to holidays taken ect so july august is pot luck, i believe single gentlemen should pay equal price as t-girls, single females and cples. No refunds because its quiet its a chance anyone takes on the unknown, or maybe a single mans list for good respectable genuine men, paying the same price, Or a good suggestion to hold free Party nights before 10pm bring them in??

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We only know about fab because someone in a club suggested it and there's plenty of club goers who are not on here....Chams is always busy enough when we are there, sometimes too busy although I'm sure the owners would disagree with that statement

Sounds like a club that is struggling and making excuses rather than making changes.

Clubbing even as a dingle male is not that expensive when compared to the theatre, a gig, sporting events or even a night vanilla clubbing.

There are simply a hell of a lot more clubs of all types and quality now than there were say 20 years ago when we first read the small classified ads in the back of the Manchester Evening News to find the listings for the 2 or 3 clubs open in the North West area. Now there's dozens and rumours of more to open shortly. There are probably more active swingers too but maybe not enough per club as previous.

Have clubbed as a single male many times in the past and never resented the premium cost over and above single females or couples, and OK, I could afford it but still found it wonderful value. We would rather have a choice of 3-4 decent quality clubs like say Chams or Cupids within driving distance than a whole range of clubs operating on low atmosphere & attendance and therefore unable to invest to keep up the quality.

"My view is that the prices for clubs for far too long has discriminated against single males. If clubs want to restrict single males they should have a guest list and charge the same as a single female.

Clubs are now competing against a wave of people who simply cannot afford clubs and would rather meet at someone's house.. All it costs is their fuel or a Taxi "

Disagree sadly.

His would the club formulate such a guest list and assess who is more worthy than others?

Look at Fab for instance, it is swamped with single men, they form the largest demographic. If FAB charged single men significantly more than single females or couples, in fairly confident to say that demographic would significantly be reduced.

Fab doesn't want to do that, and couldn't really afford to either as it would have a major impact on its business plan, and I suspect impact upon the other demographics.

Plus FAB doesn't need to vet it's clientele as closely as a club would need to, nor does it have limited space or the kind of worries a club has about environmental and political issues.

The significantly higher charge clubs put on single men is their way of vetting them.

I suspect, those who are serious about joining and going to the club ate more likely to put their hands in their pockets, whilst understanding if they are not respectful of their membership, they have a lot more to lose.

Of course none of this is fact, just personal observations and theories

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Well amour was full on Friday ..... I'd say the private house parties take away from the club scene. The north west is full with 3 more due to open. ..... I can see a few closing. Though the middle weekend of the month is generally less busy .... Clubs need support. And I don't think £15/20 is a lot to ask. Add on £5 for 4 beers and it's a cheap night out

By *ngandnickCouple  over a year ago

Haverhill

"We only know about fab because someone in a club suggested it and there's plenty of club goers who are not on here....Chams is always busy enough when we are there, sometimes too busy although I'm sure the owners would disagree with that statement"

Exactly the same as us. We clubbed it first and learned about fab there

Personally I do't think the OP is talking FAB only but possibly similar sites to FAB as well, and these combined may be causing a decline.

As for the single guy price at clubs I again personally think single guys are charged to much.

I don't understand why the charges are not comparable.

However I have been to a private party in the past and was charged £80.00 on the door, it was a rented for the day / night apartment in Manchester, they did provide nibbles and booze.

There where 2 ladies there and one of them was seriously pissed.

You pay's ya money and takes ya chance lol.

We stopped going to clubs a few years back , when they became way too cliquey and social by nature . Recent threads have highlighted this , with over 90% of club goers saying they go for the social side , and many saying they rarely play .

We swing to play , and the club scene didn't do it for us .

"We stopped going to clubs a few years back , when they became way too cliquey and social by nature . Recent threads have highlighted this , with over 90% of club goers saying they go for the social side , and many saying they rarely play .

We swing to play , and the club scene didn't do it for us ."

Have to say we agree with you, cliques and lack of playing seem to be becoming more of the norm at both clubs and parties

If it wasn't for fab we wouldn't have ever visited a club, it's now one of the things we enjoy as often as we get chance to.

I think clubs owe a lot to Fab, all the free advertising they allow would normally cost other businesses in "normal "life an absolute bomb. Clubs can also vet people through pictures and verifications. The downside is clubs can also use this information against people.

Personally I prefer private parties where the quality of the party goers is guaranteed. I've been to many clubs where I've been very disappointed with what's on offer

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

We are regular attendees at Chams A club which for us provides a good range of activities at an affordable price. However nothing is perfect as we find the Saturday night couples night very cliquey and the average age is way down on our preferred age group.

Other nights of the week have a large "over supply" of single men who are allowed in as they provide the substantial percentage of the clubs income. A number of the ladies we have spoken to feel uncomfortable about being used as "bait" for the single men. House parties are far easier to regulate in terms of guests but we find there is extra pressure to swing as sitting out can be very conspicuous.

We are not quite sure how this site can be blamed for the problem that some clubs are having. We presume that the club owner who complained was assuming that this site was allowing people to contact each other for house meets.

Our advice to him/her is provide something that is value for money and is different to what we would experience in a house party.

G&A

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Townhouse was charging £10 per person on Friday and we has exactly 90 people in.

MANY people who come to our club are not on fab.

Private parties do have an impact on clubs but instead of working in 'competition' with them, we hire out to private parties. Got to adapt with the trend rather than working against it.

I don't think Fab affect numbers whatsoever!!! Quite the contrary in most cases I think

Xx

"Being on fab is nothing to do with clubs and whether we go to them, to be honest. We much prefer a club than a meet in someone's home or a hotel. The thing that puts us off a club is the club itself, the vibe, the numbers or whatever doesn't suit us .... a club moaning about fab is like a single man moaning about couples ... that club should look to itself first and see what it offers and if this is what people want. I think there are many clubs where lots of people go, but they have to know their market. Business basically ... no point in blaming someone else for it"

I agree totally, if Clubs are failing, it's because they are doing something wrong. I have been to Clubs as a single female and did not feel safe. I am not going into details, but I ended up at one CLub picking the biggest guy there, (he looked like a bouncer) and stuck with him all night, that way I didn't get an unwanted gang-bang. Some Clubs aren't too careful who they let in, especially after the pubs close, no one wants to be leered at by guys who have been in a pub all night and who have just decided to pop in for some more jars and perhaps get their end away. Some let in way too many single guys (of course they are going to, it is more profit), but it causes frustration when they can't play. Then there is the hygiene aspect, some are less picky than others about the general cleanliness of the play areas. Clubs, if they want to compete, need to deal more fairly with customers and provide more of a service than they do. If not, they will end up closing as more and more people go to private parties.

Fab must have some impact on clubs otherwise there wouldn't be so many Fab events held at clubs. Clubs are forever publishing fab member lists on their events even when not "Fab" events. Every time I've been to a club people are always asking what people's fab accounts are called so to sumerise I think clubs owe a lot to Fab.

Still prefer private parties though

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"The number of people on fab and not going to clubs is far outweighed by the number of people not on fab going to clubs.

And you evidence of that? X"

Yeah.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I personally don't think that Fab has a detrimental impact on clubs. Quite the opposite.

However, I do think that there are too maybe many clubs in some areas.

Ultimately, if the clubs are doing things right they should be successful.

The time if the month, year, day of the week, type of event etc all affect the number of people attending.

Nita

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

*maybe too many

PRESTON ,

"Sounds like a club that is struggling and making excuses rather than making changes.

Clubbing even as a dingle male is not that expensive when compared to the theatre, a gig, sporting events or even a night vanilla clubbing.

I disagree.. For 6 men to get in a club they would each have to pay a membership..something the single female wouldn't and then an entry fee..so 6 x cost.. Club £360 .. The last gig I went to was a tenner so £60 last night club £5 so £30 , Theatre was £30 each so £180.. So no it's still a rip off..

"

PRESTON ,

"My view is that the prices for clubs for far too long has discriminated against single males. If clubs want to restrict single males they should have a guest list and charge the same as a single female.

Clubs are now competing against a wave of people who simply cannot afford clubs and would rather meet at someone's house.. All it costs is their fuel or a Taxi

Disagree sadly.

His would the club formulate such a guest list and assess who is more worthy than others?

Look at Fab for instance, it is swamped with single men, they form the largest demographic. If FAB charged single men significantly more than single females or couples, in fairly confident to say that demographic would significantly be reduced.

Fab doesn't want to do that, and couldn't really afford to either as it would have a major impact on its business plan, and I suspect impact upon the other demographics.

Plus FAB doesn't need to vet it's clientele as closely as a club would need to, nor does it have limited space or the kind of worries a club has about environmental and political issues.

The significantly higher charge clubs put on single men is their way of vetting them.

I suspect, those who are serious about joining and going to the club ate more likely to put their hands in their pockets, whilst understanding if they are not respectful of their membership, they have a lot more to lose.

Of course none of this is fact, just personal observations and theories "

Fab is great I believe that if clubs are truly operating a members only policy then they are exempt from The discrimination Act. However I do question wether they have a full list of members or really do have true membership. Perhaps when single females get in who have never been a member then we must ask questions. Membership is a way of vetting but cost is not.

Fab is a brilliant site and I agree with many who have said that in the NW there are too many clubs operating and not enough clientele. However the fact remains if as a group booking the single men could get in for no more than the single lady then perhaps her fantasy of having 5 men in one go would have been a reality. The other comments were that clubs have several loyal friends each with several accounts who basically try to boost the club by saying how busy they are and leaving feedback on what a great night etc they had at the club.. I know Fab is a brilliant site and would certainly discourage if not ban these fake profiles but these are comments that have been made to me and others attending different clubs, often by their staff.. So maybe it's time for CLub watch..

By *lack RoccoMan  over a year ago

London

"The number of people on fab and not going to clubs is far outweighed by the number of people not on fab going to clubs. "

Spot On

By *reygorCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

we are regular chamers .the club has to charge a fee to maintian the servise it provides .trying different theme nights ,bbw .bi naked ect.we dont attend all of them but still want the club there for when we want it.single guys if its you one night a week out from your mrs you gotta pay [if you went to pub with the lads had 8 or ten pints you gotta pay]fab carnt be blamed for any decline in fact we have tried other clubs from reading revues on fab.we like outdoor fun to and have a nice circle of people for house meets.and hotel meets are very expensive way to go

"Sounds like a club that is struggling and making excuses rather than making changes.

I disagree.. For 6 men to get in a club they would each have to pay a membership..something the single female wouldn't and then an entry fee..so 6 x cost.. Club £360 .. The last gig I went to was a tenner so £60 last night club £5 so £30 , Theatre was £30 each so £180.. So no it's still a rip off..

"

If you think clubs are a rip off don't go

Clubs need to make a real effort to be attractive to their customers. It's a business not a service. And as usual if single men don't like paying they don't have to go!!

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Sorry OP, but this seems like a thinly veiled rehash of the often posted "make clubs cheaper for single guys" thread.

Or am I just too cynical?

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

"I think clubs owe a lot to Fab, all the free advertising they allow would normally cost other businesses in "normal "life an absolute bomb. Clubs can also vet people through pictures and verifications. The downside is clubs can also use this information against people.

Personally I prefer private parties where the quality of the party goers is guaranteed. I've been to many clubs where I've been very disappointed with what's on offer "

If it wasn't for fab we'd never have gone to a club.we prefer a good party to a club,the mix is a lot better,and sexier.The single men at clubs can be a bit on the really fuxked looking side.This one guy was proper decrepid,and could barely breath he was so large.I suppose he wouldn't be able to silently follow you about though!

[Removed by poster at 18/07/16 08:51:46]

[Removed by poster at 18/07/16 08:52:15]

"Sorry OP, but this seems like a thinly veiled rehash of the often posted "make clubs cheaper for single guys" thread.

Or am I just too cynical? "

Yes we keep getting that moan!!! X

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

hot sunny weekend..peeps went down the bech/ had bbq /did something else..fab isnt the reason, the 'unusual' weather is...

"Sorry OP, but this seems like a thinly veiled rehash of the often posted "make clubs cheaper for single guys" thread.

Yes we keep getting that moan!!! X"

Don't you think it should be cheaper for single guys then x

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

Sounds like a club that doesn't know its market, or how its customers swing!

Short answer yes long answer no

liverpool

Well if the OP Adds our snap chat. A new single male non member gets in for £15 on a tueday ..... So certainly not expensive.

Though £15 more expensive than a couple that night .....

"Well if the OP Adds our snap chat. A new single male non member gets in for £15 on a tueday ..... So certainly not expensive.

Though £15 more expensive than a couple that night ..... "

Ladies and gentlemen..your short answer

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Quest was pretty rammed on Saturday. One experience is not a proof of a problem or a solution.

"Quest was pretty rammed on Saturday. One experience is not a proof of a problem or a solution.

"

Its not about how full, its about who its full of

In your bed

"Quest was pretty rammed on Saturday. One experience is not a proof of a problem or a solution.

Its not about how full, its about who its full of"

People. They question was about whether fab was causing a lack of people to turn up.

If it was full of m&m's then I'd have said it was full of m&m's

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I would actually say fabs and clubs compliment each other - fabs allows me to see who is going on a night if they have put name down, but then if I am at a club, I can get veri after

For me what kills clubs, is over priced, over populated with single guys, twatty councils,

People. They question was about whether fab was causing a lack of people to turn up.

If it was full of m&m's then I'd have said it was full of m&m's "

But this is exactly the reason, the fact that many are put off by the people who turn up, I've heard of clubs asking woman and couples to say they are going to get more single males in so they can make more money, so they get flooded with a bunch of horny, pushy guys who turn up thinking there will be loads of woman there or worse that they are on for a promise...and then you start having problems, people being put off by the amount of single men or in the case of couples and single women, the actions of some of them making them avoid a particular club altogether in the future

And before the hate starts I'm not saying all clubs do it, I'm simply saying that when I have been to some clubs I've heard stories about why some couples and single woman will not go to certain clubs

Good clubs will always have regulars and people who don't mind travelling a bit further and the extra cost of paying an entrance fee..

Think both clubs and home meets have their place and it's very down to preference and also timing. If a club is very empty then you have to question why.... Maybe it's not a great place to go!

Summer is normally a bit quieter due to holidays etc....

"And before the hate starts I'm not saying all clubs do it, I'm simply saying that when I have been to some clubs I've heard stories about why some couples and single woman will not go to certain clubs"

I have witnessed and experienced quite a few not-so-nice things myself at CLubs.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Social media is destroying the club scene not just one particular site. In the past people had to go out, meet people be it in clubs/bars and it was all very civilised and nice. Now the first impression is cock, fanny or tits and how dirty you are in bed, then the conversation and getting to know you starts after that.

You don't need to go out to pull a potential anymore, just sign in to sites like this and within a few hours sex on the front door, without need to spend money or drinks, taxi etc lol the way of the world unfortunately. Bring back good ol fashioned dating I say.

By *ngel_screwballCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Well if good old fashioned dating is what you want, why are you on here in the first place?

I'm meeting more and more people at clubs who are not online with any swinging sites...small percentage yes, but ever increasing ...

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Or am I just too cynical? "

liverpool

"Well if the OP Adds our snap chat. A new single male non member gets in for £15 on a tueday ..... So certainly not expensive.

Ladies and gentlemen..your short answer"

Depends on the club the op goes to. Even we have the odd not so busy night .... It's who attends that's more important A good club always shines through and there's a couple of sparkling clubs in the north west

Ladies and gentlemen..your short answer

Depends on the club the op goes to. Even we have the odd not so busy night .... It's who attends that's more important A good club always shines through and there's a couple of sparkling clubs in the north west "

Damn right that's why I'm having my birthday party at Amour. Dis counts available that night too for those on the guest list.

Good clubs will offer these kind of discounts.

Personally I hate private parties and when you find a good club you tend to go there. I never go with any expectation so if u do the play I've had a great night socialising if I do added bonus

In your bed

If it was full of m&m's then I'd have said it was full of m&m's

But this is exactly the reason, the fact that many are put off by the people who turn up, I've heard of clubs asking woman and couples to say they are going to get more single males in so they can make more money, so they get flooded with a bunch of horny, pushy guys who turn up thinking there will be loads of woman there or worse that they are on for a promise...and then you start having problems, people being put off by the amount of single men or in the case of couples and single women, the actions of some of them making them avoid a particular club altogether in the future"

Well we went and there was no issues with there being too many single men, as it was couples only.

If a club approached us to advertise them they would be on pretty shakey ground as we only venture out a few times a year,so it would be easy to spot.

We've been to four into total and all we good experiences.

We use fab to find out about new clubs to go to or arrange to meet people at clubs, we use it in clubs to give our profile so people can keep in contact so no. I don't think it is... But I guess it it killing off those who don't want to go to clubs but had no other choice before the prevalence of websites like fab.. which I guess isn't a bad thing

liverpool

It's all about clubs attracting the " non club goers " ....the perception of clubs is all wrong. Without new blood the whole club scene will die a death or become gods waiting...... We know if we get them in once they stay .... Join or become regulars Yes the club scene has changed since the Boardroom and liaisons pre Internet ...... Change or die

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Fab has it's place but there are plenty of other avenues for clubs to gain new members. There are lots of reasons why some clubs have quiet nights but the good ones will have just as many busy nights.

Fab is merely a tool for swingers to hook up and chat...they may choose to meet in clubs after chatting on here but I know just as many people who don't come on here much anymore; the reasons are many and would get me kicked off so my lips are sealed lol

Clubs definitely benefit from Fab..I don't think Fab alone is a reason for clubs being quiet as was suggested in the OP. If people are being told that when their club of choice is quiet, it's a fib xx

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Yes we keep getting that moan!!! X

Don't you think it should be cheaper for single guys then x"

No, obviously this is a little bit over simplified, but it should help us get to the crux of it.

Men want pussy. There are also many bi-women who want pussy too. Some women want cock. There are more people looking for pussy, than people looking for cock. Allowing more single men into clubs increases the number of cocks, and reduces the amount of pussy available.

» Add a new message to this topic