FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club drinks policy...

Club drinks policy...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We went to a club recently (not going to name and shame here) that advertises a 'bring your own booze' policy, which seemed fine.

we were put off abit on arrival - club itself is fine. The 'byob' drink policy seemed a bit of a rip off though. Took along our own vodka n tonic - and Coke (cos he was driving) - they confiscate soft drinks and mixers on arrival (returned when we left the club) 'because we sell that' - and wanted to charge us £1.50 per drink for tonic - and £2 per glass of Coke. - adding nearly £20 to our cost for the evening.

Having been , possibly, 'spoilt' by year's of kestrels/abfabs etc actually providing free tea/coffe/ soft drinks - we were left a tab unimpressed at this 'surcgarging' - in future it seems we'd have to take wine along to avoid getting ripped!! - and drivers just have to stay thirsty

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seems like a cheap night out to me. Me and hubby would easily spend triple that down at our local

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Well if their website states bring your own alcohol then they normally state that you buy your soft drinks there, I know Chams says this on their web site.

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

Why not just budget for a few soft drinks and mixers?

There's no need for it to ruin your night out

Why not go to a restaurant and bring your own sandwiches

Clubs are businesses,they are in business to make money,turn a profit.where else can you be out the whole evening,in a fun,safe environment for 40 odd quid ?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Never been to a club were you would expect to take your own soft drinks.

I thought all bring your own alcohol clubs had this sort of rule... as a general rule... we tend to spend 5 to 10 on drinks as I dont drink.

One exception was we went to tease 2 and found the drinks in general over priced.... as in pouring two s out of a bottle marked 1.69 and then saying that will be 5quid

Last chams bill was 4quid something..

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"We went to a club recently (not going to name and shame here) that advertises a 'bring your own booze' policy, which seemed fine.

we were put off abit on arrival - club itself is fine. The 'byob' drink policy seemed a bit of a rip off though. Took along our own vodka n tonic - and Coke (cos he was driving) - they confiscate soft drinks and mixers on arrival (returned when we left the club) 'because we sell that' - and wanted to charge us £1.50 per drink for tonic - and £2 per glass of Coke. - adding nearly £20 to our cost for the evening.

Having been , possibly, 'spoilt' by year's of kestrels/abfabs etc actually providing free tea/coffe/ soft drinks - we were left a tab unimpressed at this 'surcgarging' - in future it seems we'd have to take wine along to avoid getting ripped!! - and drivers just have to stay thirsty "

I think you are 'spoilt' but I know what you mean. AbFab/Kestrel have free soft drinks, mixers, pre-mixed drinks and free Tea & Coffee. And you can take your own soft drinks and alcohol too. However, they do not have a bar behind which your drinks are kept safe and served when you want

Having said that, £2.00 for a glass of Cola is a bit steep. OP4F charges £1 and they are in London

There is another club in South-West London which I visit which too has a similar policy to AbFab

[Removed by poster at 08/12/16 09:54:49]

Yep - I was right then

We HAVE been spoilt by Kestrels extraordinarily generous policy

Have to wonder how they can do it, when others seemingly can't afford to?...

"Why not go to a restaurant and bring your own sandwiches

Clubs are businesses,they are in business to make money,turn a profit.where else can you be out the whole evening,in a fun,safe environment for 40 odd quid ?"

... errrrm - as the original post says - at kestrels / abfabs / HDZ - in fact a fair bit cheaper

"Seems like a cheap night out to me. Me and hubby would easily spend triple that down at our local"

yep! - so would we - but the point of going to a swingers club isn't to get langerred ... although some people might think it is - and out local has to pay brewery supply prices, unlike independent, unlicensed premises

By *izbitMan  over a year ago

St Helens

Can see why the dismay if was unclear, but generally thought all clubs did charge for non alcoholic beverages unless stated as included on a admission fee?

£2 for a pint of pop if it was a pint ain't that bad really

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Personally, I'd be happy with the drinks policy you describe.

The club want to avoid the cost and hassle of a drinks license, so they let you bring your own alcohol. The BYOB is just a bonus. Then you pay a normal price for soft drinks.

They have to make money to pay wages, rent, create a nice environment, run hot tub etc etc etc.

MrB

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Try paying single guy admission prices.

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

Venues that sell beer tend to want you to spend at the bar more than just turn up and play. Venues that have a buy your soft drinks do this to pay for staff costs to look after the bar. Many venues do free female and couple events charging males don't always work. Most venues Charge £1 for a soft drink or hot drink and so,e charge for Condoms

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Venues that sell beer tend to want you to spend at the bar more than just turn up and play. Venues that have a buy your soft drinks do this to pay for staff costs to look after the bar. Many venues do free female and couple events charging males don't always work. Most venues Charge £1 for a soft drink or hot drink and so,e charge for Condoms "

Whaaaat? They confiscate your condoms and force you to buy these from them?

"Try paying single guy admission prices. "

Oh, I dunno - kestrels/abfabs mon/tue/wed single male admission £40 for 10:30am - midnight, free tea coffee, water (and soft drinks in the evening), swimming pool, more staff than you can shake a stick at, two hot-tubs... and the same opportunities for play as the place we went to... Doesn't seem so bad does it?

- and just think - if single blokes were charged the same as ladies or couples, the places would become a sausagefest - because the ladies would be so severley outnumbered that they would just not bother going. There's a sound business model reason for pricing differentials

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

"Try paying single guy admission prices.

Oh, I dunno - kestrels/abfabs mon/tue/wed single male admission £40 for 10:30am - midnight, free tea coffee, water (and soft drinks in the evening), swimming pool, more staff than you can shake a stick at, two hot-tubs... and the same opportunities for play as the place we went to... Doesn't seem so bad does it?

- and just think - if single blokes were charged the same as ladies or couples, the places would become a sausagefest - because the ladies would be so severley outnumbered that they would just not bother going. There's a sound business model reason for pricing differentials

"

Bull**** if you don't want a cock fest you have a attending list and allow the right males in at Club Decadence in London we used to charge more for males. But we found that having one price for all and a member price for people who we have given free membership works better we now sell Couple tickets and single tickets but male tickets are limited to 10 first come first serve and found there less males who think they paid X so deserve a shag or touch. But that my View not everyone agrees.

» Add a new message to this topic