FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Celts/City Celts

Celts/City Celts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ary3 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

Has anyone any experience of either of these? I know both are gay sauna's but also are used by swingers? I was thinking of visiting with a lady friend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've not been myself but know someone who has. They are not both gay saunas, one is but the other is for everyone. The mixed sauna is generally busier. I'm told the rooms are a little on the small side but apart from that its good.

By *avelovesfeetMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I have been to city celts and had a great time. Couples use it as well

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

We nipped into City Celts on Friday as part of our reconnaissance of clubs we have not been to before hitting Chams on NYE (we went to The Attic in the evening).

Our honest thoughts....

Location is amazing and quite surprising. It's right next to the exit door from the main shopping centre. Literally, right next door. As it's open from 10am it does present opportunities for a quick jacuzzi/steam/sauna combined with a shopping trip, which is fairly unique for swinger clubs.

The venue itself is owned by the same folks who own the Celts gay sauna, although that isn't that unusual (Chams and the Greenhouse sauna are owned by the same guy after all). It's quite a small place, has a few little play rooms, a small jacuzzi (fits about 4), a small sauna and quite a decent steam room. It also has some unusual things, which are worth mentioning....

Firstly, they make it clear that they are not a judgemental sauna and it's open to everyone from any sexuality or fetish. One of the things they push is the 'TV day' which runs concurrently with the standard day on Fridays, when we went. As well as welcoming TV's, they even have a wardrobe of clothes and a chest with more lady-stuff if people want to dress up but don't have the kit themselves. It's not something that interests us, but it was a nice touch.

Secondly, they have a large cellar with dungeon and cinema/DVD area. Not that unusual in itself, but to get down there you have to descend a couple of staircases, which happen to be shared with the local dance studio next door - so there is a rule that you have to go down the stairs in one of the (provided) dressing gowns. Apparently, the times the dance studio are open are not really in major conflict with most times the sauna is open but it's a somewhat amusing quirk!

I won't lie - the decor and fitting in the place is a little dated and rough around the edges. I suspect that is inherited from it's gay-sauna origins before it became a swingers sauna three years ago. It's clearly in an old office suite and if you glance past the main rooms it is clear that it isn't a fully fitted club like Chams or VA. It is what it is though, and shouldn't necessarily put anyone off.

The lady who runs the place (I'm sorry I've forgotten her name) was great - she was instantly welcoming, told us where everything was and nattered to us over a drink when we sat in the reception area to cool off. It's a 'dress-down' sauna venue (i.e.. like Chams, you get changed into a towel on arrival), and it was a nice touch to find free condoms and lube - and a sarong(!) - in the lockers - I guess another carry-over from the gay sauna origins, and perhaps something that other bigger clubs could learn from.

On the day we visited it was REALLY quiet, but that could partly be because of the proximity to NYE and partly because of all the snarled up shopping traffic in Leicester that day. There was a few single guys - all very respectful and not at all the kind who follow couples around - of which we were the only one in there to start with, and a couple of TV's who seemed to be doing their own thing in various corners of the club.

The only downside clientele wise was a bit later in our visit when two couples appeared who just seemed a bit out-of-sorts with the place. I don't want to cast assertions as to who they were or what they were there for, but I guess this is the downside to being a sauna right in the heart of the city/shopping area. In this case, I didn't get the feeling they were swingers at all, and it did make things a little uncomfortable for a while.

I know the place isn't listed on the club listings on fab (intentionally, I believe) and this is why it is lesser known than others in the area. Personally, whilst we enjoyed the visit, I don't think it will ever be challenging our choices of club (Chams/VA) to go to, although knowing it is there is good - especially if we need some shopping and can mix it with a quick sauna! If we go again in the future, I'd hope to see it a bit busier though so we can see what a busier atmosphere is like...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Celts is a men only sauna.

City Celts is a swingers club that welcomes everyone. We go to City Celts.

We love it there. We have been going Chams for over 10 years and do love it but now we go City Celts instead as its far closer to home, cheaper entrance fee plus we use far less petrol and most of all we use cc cus its such a wonderful fun, friendly place and Judith, the owner, is lovely, helpful, chatty and friendly, unlike some of the staff at Chams. Yes some of the decor needs updating but is happening at the moment. The club is always very clean. I wouldnt worry about being near one of the Highcross exits though as its a minor exit not much used compared to the main ones plus people passing by would have no idea what cc is as there isnt a sign announcing its a swingers club lol.

As regards the layout the above poster covers that well.

The place is great and we always have a fun time there

City Celts is well run and ideally located in the city centre. Always clean and with a mix of clienele a great place to visit. There are rooms and areas to suit all tastes. In fact now that we have posted on here we are thinking of when we can go again ....

Mwgc

By *avenvalCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

The posts above provide a very clear and concise description of the club and it's amiaties there are bigger and busier clubs but for convenience if you live near or in Leicestershire City Celts takes some beating.

We love going to City Celts Judith is an excellent host and always make Val and I very welcome.

Hope to see more of you there the next time we go.

City celts is a little gem of a place,over the last year a lot of work has been done to improve and upgrade,and if I'm totally honest Judith is the perfect host,it's not the biggest and it's not the best but your made to feel welcome,

By *oth-wayMan  over a year ago

notts derby

Only been to city celts and it was very nice you and your ladie friend will be ok there, time for me to go again i think..

By *ary3 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

Thanks for all the replies, had to visit near Leicester so took the opportunity to pop in, It was quiet when I visited but what a warm welcoming place will definitely be going back!

» Add a new message to this topic